Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Gnats v Cowboys
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:41 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sweet Greggo wrote:
:prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: vv

Sweet Greggo wrote:
:prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: vv

Sweet Greggo wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:48 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Playoff atmosphere so BigGame Romo showed up again.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:51 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

romo = chris simms. puts up good numbers in games that don't matter, but when the pressure comes (a la playoff game, home openers, the WHOLE FUCKING MONTH OF DECEMBER) he folds up like a cheap suit.

and fuck whoever came up with the prevent defense, and fuck all coaches that run that shit. stupidest goddamn strategy in the game. "let's let em run down the whole field guys and hope they fuck up". What. The. Fuck.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:54 pm 

Stu wrote:
Manning's wife is hotter than anything Romo has ever dated.

Mom was going for the wine glass right when the camera cut away.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:56 pm 

Well, Monday sports talk radio AM should be pretty good for a BM after this thing.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:01 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

6 - 10. Can we trade a 3rd round pick for Vick?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:14 am 

hey fellas,

it's all good. who cares who wins or loses, it's all about the locker room.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:29 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sweet Greggo wrote:
romo = chris simms. puts up good numbers in games that don't matter, but when the pressure comes (a la playoff game, home openers, the WHOLE FUCKING MONTH OF DECEMBER) he folds up like a cheap suit.

and fuck whoever came up with the prevent defense, and fuck all coaches that run that shit. stupidest goddamn strategy in the game. "let's let em run down the whole field guys and hope they fuck up". What. The. Fuck.

I'm pretty sure he won the last two home openers. And that wasn't anywhere close to a prevent defense. Just saying. You lie.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:21 am 
Site Admin

Sagger Pance wrote:
I'm pretty sure he won the last two home openers. And that wasn't anywhere close to a prevent defense. Just saying. You lie.

:babyarm: and if Romo = Chris Simms, then I'm sure you'd have no problem going ahead and trading them straight up?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:22 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I flipped past the game last night and watched a down, and I thought the Cowboys looked pretty good.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:27 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sagger Pance wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:

And that wasn't anywhere close to a prevent defense. Just saying. You lie.

Are we talking about the same game? I was referring to the Cowboys/Giants game where Dallas dropped back and gave the Giants receivers a 10-15 yard cushion on every play of the last drive and let them get into field goal range in about a minute and a half. Maybe you were watching a rerun or something.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:28 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

or somesuch wrote:
Sagger Pance wrote:

:babyarm: and if Romo = Chris Simms, then I'm sure you'd have no problem going ahead and trading them straight up?

I love Romo just as much as the next guy and I'm glad we got him, but he makes me cry when I depend on him the most. That's all I'm saying.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:36 am 
Site Admin

Sweet Greggo wrote:
I love Romo just as much as the next guy and I'm glad we got him, but he makes me cry when I depend on him the most. That's all I'm saying.

ok, that's fair.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:39 am 

WEll then I guess me talking about the Emmy's and Tool Acadamy 2 is out, great!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:23 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sweet Greggo wrote:
Sagger Pance wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:

And that wasn't anywhere close to a prevent defense. Just saying. You lie.

Are we talking about the same game? I was referring to the Cowboys/Giants game where Dallas dropped back and gave the Giants receivers a 10-15 yard cushion on every play of the last drive and let them get into field goal range in about a minute and a half. Maybe you were watching a rerun or something.

and they had been doing that the entire game. They were largely in man coverage... which isn't typically what a prevent defense does. There wasn't any rolling zones to the outside to prevent folks from going out of bounds and they were blitzing as much as they had in the rest of the game. They were in nickel a few times. But that's far from a prevent defense. you are overreacting as per usual. They had shitty coverage. Michael Jenkins is a crappy CB. The scheme isn't getting pressure on the quarterback. The blitz isn't even getting through. But that doesn't mean they were running a prevent.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:24 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sweet Greggo wrote:
or somesuch wrote:
Sagger Pance wrote:

Like when he has a shitty game and still drives the team down the field in the waning minutes to set up a win?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:53 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sagger Pance wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
or somesuch wrote:
Sagger Pance wrote:

Like when he has a shitty game and still drives the team down the field in the waning minutes to set up a win?

No, then he's a hero. Elway and Brady have made careers doing this. How long have you been watching football?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:46 pm 
Site Admin

dude, you should call into the postgame. you'd fit right in with the callers I hear.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:58 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sweet Greggo wrote:
Sagger Pance wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
or somesuch wrote:
Sagger Pance wrote:

No, then he's a hero. Elway and Brady have made careers doing this. How long have you been watching football?

That's kinda what he did, dude. He played poorly and then put them in a position to make one stop and escape with the victory.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:08 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Romo should've blocked that winning field goal.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:53 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sagger Pance wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
Sagger Pance wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
or somesuch wrote:
Sagger Pance wrote:

That's kinda what he did, dude. He played poorly and then put them in a position to make one stop and escape with the victory.

Putting them in position to win and winning = good. Putting them in position to win and losing = bad. This is knee jerk 101 and I've been doing it here for 7 years. Quit being silly.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:59 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sweet Greggo wrote:
Sagger Pance wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
Sagger Pance wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
or somesuch wrote:
Sagger Pance wrote:

Putting them in position to win and winning = good. Putting them in position to win and losing = bad. This is knee jerk 101 and I've been doing it here for 7 years. Quit being silly.

Then you've been an idiot for 7 years.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:00 pm 
Site Admin

just 7?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:29 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

fruitdog wrote:
just 7?

Cut him some slack, he's special.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:20 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Come on guys. Let's not overreact the Cowboys losing their home opener in the Death Star to a medicore Giants team. I mean, it's not like they lost to an expansion team's debut regular season game..... No wait.....

"A free society endangers us, without doubt. It is our Achilles Heel, and our glory. It is the risk we take…. Did so many Americans give up their lives to save our freedom so that we could give up our freedom to save our lives?" … Neil Steinberg

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:43 pm 
Site Admin

The Cowboys = mediocre
The Giants = good

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:32 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

would you football bullies let us freak the fuck out without breaking down the entire goddamned game on a chalkboard to disprove one fucking comment about the prevent defense?
Jesus, talk about draining every fucking ounce of fun out of some shit.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:35 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

rowdyhatinwalt wrote:
would you football bullies let us freak the fuck out without breaking down the entire goddamned game on a chalkboard to disprove one fucking comment about the prevent defense?

:babyarm: Football fans are assholes.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:36 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Tit Whistle wrote:
rowdyhatinwalt wrote:

football fans, redsox fans, Raiders fans, and ice skating fans.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:39 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

rowdyhatinwalt wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:
rowdyhatinwalt wrote:

ceiling fans

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:45 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

the Fan.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:48 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Robert De Niro

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:27 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

rowdyhatinwalt wrote:

rawr.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:45 pm 

rowdyhatinwalt wrote:

Excuse me... but ice skating fans just LIKE assholes...