Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Take Two
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:11 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Diello wrote:
You simply can't work out enough to overcome those calories.

Some people never understand this or refuse to believe it. The human body evolved to spend energy as efficiently as possible. If it only took a 30 minute walk on a treadmill to burn off a cheeseburger we would drop dead before 10am.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:15 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Hoob, do you do an Apple Watch or Fitbit when you ride? I imagine that's probably the highest calorie-burning workout any here does. If you're on the bike for 2 hours, what's the average number of calories you burn? The reason I ask is kind of proving the point about reduction of calorie intake vs. exercise. A pound of fat is 3500 calories (there's more science than the flat math, but it's still a fair rule of thumb). I do cardio at least three times a week and maybe burn 300-350 calories per session. That's nice, but it's going to take weeks to even burn one pound of fat. But combine that with cutting 350-400 calories a day, there's a pound a week.

Ultimately the exercise will help burn the fat faster but for me it's been everything else that comes with it: energy, joint strength, general fitness etc.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:28 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Ya I don't mean to poo on exercise. It will definitely make you feel better and make you more likely to stick to a healthier life plan.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:27 pm 
I'm a tool.

If you work out you are a Nazi.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opin ... ure-a-nazi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:57 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Monday night I spend 35 minutes on the elliptical. They have fancy TV screens on ours at the rec center so you don't have to interrupt your bingeing of reality cooking shows. I signed up for a free account thru the elliptical provider to keep track of my routines. It knows my weight and age, etc. and calculates my calorie burn each workout and holy sheepshit! I burned 550 calories Monday night. I also have one of those fancy Android watches and it said I only burned around 350, but who do you really wanna believe? Anyway, anyone who knows right about losing weight says you should lose about a pound a week, so the math works out weirdly, but nicely.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:43 pm 

Tit Whistle wrote:
Monday night I spend 35 minutes on the elliptical. They have fancy TV screens on ours at the rec center so you don't have to interrupt your bingeing of reality cooking shows. I signed up for a free account thru the elliptical provider to keep track of my routines. It knows my weight and age, etc. and calculates my calorie burn each workout and holy sheepshit! I burned 550 calories Monday night. I also have one of those fancy Android watches and it said I only burned around 350, but who do you really wanna believe? Anyway, anyone who knows right about losing weight says you should lose about a pound a week, so the math works out weirdly, but nicely.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:43 am 
I'm a tool.

:D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:39 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

This morning I stepped on the scale and I'm now below 3 bills. This is good but keep in mind that during the Jacksox/dunching/regular social visiting of the forum, I was fluctuating between 250-280 depending on how active I was, so I'm still fatter than most of you remember me to be.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:58 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I put on a pair of 38 jeans today by accident and was shocked they fit.