Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus and You. And Me, too.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:20 pm 

Sweet Greggo wrote:
wtf

No joke. What the hell, people.

That explains why I couldn't find my brand a few days ago. Buncha dummies.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:42 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Another co-worker caught the bug. Well, ex-coworker. He quit a few weeks ago and god rightly smote him. I keed. I talked to him on Monday. He had already been in the hospital for a couple of days and was feeling better. The hospital told him they want to give him some plasma before he's released, but apparently there is a shortage right now. I've never donated plasma. Has anyone here?

For you never-facebookers: VBF let everyone know that he and his daughter were diagnosed with it a few days ago. Both have lost their sense of smell and taste. He says he's had some mean headaches, chills, shakes, etc.

I still see plenty of dumbass posts on FB. The "Coinspiracy", the one lone doctor in Pukeville, WI that says masks don't affect the spread, the covidiots and coronuts that declare wearing a mask violates their rights, that Bill Gates is going to inject microchips into everyone, that this is all an exercise by the govt to test how well their new AI face recognition works with everyone wearing masks...

And then this one came down yesterday that made me laugh and at the same time fear for my life that I live in a world were people are so goddam stupid:

"I hope everyone who has kids is aware that when you send your kids back to school in September, there will be a fake Covid positive case (probably Oct, Nov time) from some mysterious kid or staff member, whats the betting the positive test comes back in the middle of a school day, the school will be put on emergency lock down and your kids will be force tested without you, those tests will come back positive and under the new health care act they can and probably will take your child to an isolation centre, at this stage the vaccine will be ready and they will tell you you can have your child back if your whole household gets vaccinated, who would refuse the vaccine then? Not many if any, the perfect delivery system for a killer vaccine!"

I'm buying another gun.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:47 pm 

I figured our dear VBF would be the only forum sumbitch to get it. But here I am.

Maybe got it from a teacher right before the kids came back.

Loss of taste, maybe a little achy on occasion. Nothing else.

Was coughing on Saturday and just thought it was ragweed. Tuesday I woke up and I felt odd. Scheduled a drive-through test, results were ready the next day. Getting that damn thing stuck down my nose wasn't much fun.

I feel good enough to work or ride my bike. But I'm not. I guess this is day six.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:02 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Godspeed, Hoob.

I felt shitty from time to time over the summer and always first thought it was covid, but eventually figured it was allergies. Never got tested and I feel fine now anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:10 am 
I'm a tool.

Good luck, Hoob. According to the media and Jub Jub you are likely to die from this. I will pray for you. The power of prayer will heal you

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:52 pm 

A couple of days ago I ate a fajita and it was totally tasteless. That's part of this illness, I know. I could taste sweets but not tart stuff like tomatoes.

Tonight I had a piece of fish and I could taste the seasonings in the batter and I thought, hey I'm getting better.

Later tonight I realized that when I poop, I can't smell it. It's been that way for days and I just now figured it out. Oops.

Today the State Department of Health called to gather some stats. They also wanted to know the contact information of anybody that might have come in contact with me. Like I'm really going to give that information out. I wonder how many suckers fall for that.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:38 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Fight the good fight, hoob! :fist:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:22 pm 

So this rain has wrecked my little scheme of going to the trail every day until I have to go back to work on Tuesday. Hell, I might as well go back to work now. I'm just getting more and more behind anyway.

So I ask the superintendent today: if I can pass a test, can I come back to work early? His answer was yes.

Called the testing center and they said no, they don't have enough supplies for retests. Besides that, we gave you the CDC guidelines for returning to work.

Right after that, superintendent calls and says he was wrong. I don't need to take a test to come back. There are CDC guidelines for returning to work.

I go back to work on Thursday. Hoob likey.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:19 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I'll be looking for the stories of "Typhoid Hoob" coming soon. :razz:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:06 pm 

A month has passed since I went back to work. I'm still getting questions about "what was it like?" from people. I don't mind answering them, but I'd rather be answering questions about what it was like to knock off a piece.

We had a half dozen employees come down with it, all at the same time, all worked at the same campus. Nobody has got sick since. The day before I was tested, I had a couple of meetings with people in close quarters and none of them got it. One meeting was with a vendor, and I had to call her and tell her the news. She didn't get it, either.

I also have met at least a dozen people who think they had it but didn't know what it was.

I still can't smell most bad things like doodoo, skunks, body odor, and rotten food. I am guessing I can't smell gas leaks, but I haven't tested this out.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:37 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Baby gammette caught the damn thing. She's been attending school and I started to get concerned as I heard more and more about cases spiking. We're not 100% sure where she got caught it though. She started to show symptoms on Tuesday and she tested positive on Wednesday. So far none of her friends that she normally hangs with has shown symptoms.

She's handling it like a champ. We've got her quarantined to her room. The guest bath is right across the hall from her so there is no reason for her to go anywhere else in the house. Her fever stayed low-grade and disappeared after a couple of days. She never felt too bad. Her biggest complaint is she's perpetually hungry, though that subsided a bit yesterday evening when she discovered she lost her sense of taste. :sad:

We were set to host a very small Thanksgiving on Thursday and we called it off, even before we got the results of the test. Since we had already bought all the food and had the turkey thawed and brined, we went ahead and made everything anyway. I smoked the turkey and ham which of course came out DEEEEElish. We also made the usual green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, stuffing and gravy. We boxed up a bunch of it and took it to my mother and her parents. I made broth from the carcass and we've been drinking it for a couple of days trying to hold off the sick.

Speaking of which, so far the wifey hasn't shown any symptoms. I was achy and felt cold on Saturday, but so far haven't run a fever. I think I was just sore from all of the work we did on Wednesday and Thursday preparing the food. Yesterday though I developed a bit of a cough that has persisted today. It's a dry cough that's not allowing me to take a deep breath. I have a feeling I'm gonna be heading to the doc soon. Pray for meh.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:21 pm 

Well crap. Your symptoms sound like mine. Sorry, buddy.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:55 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Well shoot. Just took my temp again. 99.3.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:11 pm 

I’m almost positive I’m immune to it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:01 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Trained Goucho wrote:
I’m almost positive I’m immune to it.

My dumbass mother (who's a saint, but goddam how dumb is this) showed up to my house last night after 9pm without prior notice. She had spoken to the kiddo on the phone and found out my daughter had lost her sense of taste. This somehow convinced her that my wife and I were starving our daughter, so she made a sandwich or somesuch and decided dropping in unannounced in the late evening was the logical course of action. I was pretty sure I was already having symptoms so I freaked out a bit and tried to explain to her that she shouldn't be over. She more or less bullied her way inside despite my objections and made a beeline towards my daughter's bedroom before I finally yelled at her loud enough that she stopped. The only other way to stop her was to physically block her, which of course I didn't want to get close enough to her for that. I, my wife and even my daughter were yelling at her to stop. Plus we had the added bonus of three little yappy dogs barking up a storm on top of the yelling. It was hilariously chaotic for about 15 seconds.

She seems to think she's immune to the virus (and she's serious) and has no fear of getting it. "I've never even had the flu!" she says (which is bullshit). I think she's just going COVID crazy. I took the food from her and my daughter opened her bedroom door to show proof of life, then I sent my mother on her way and told her to not pull that shit again. Cheezus ducking lice.

Last edited by Sweet Greggo on Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:39 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I hope you're ok, Mr. Gam. I worry about your lungs sometimes. Don't blame yourself if your dumbass mom gets it. She brought that shit on herself.

A friend guy of my in-laws caught it. He thought he was immune too. He's been in the hospital for two weeks now and finally he understands the severity of this thing. If he dies, I won't go to his funeral, but I'll go to yours, gam.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:41 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

:soppy:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:38 am 

How are you feeling, Craig?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:16 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Trained Goucho wrote:
How are you feeling, Craig?

RIP Gam

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:50 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Finally got my results today. I officially have the COVIDs. Do I have to paint a big red C on my door now to warn people to stay away?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:58 pm 

Congratulations on being joining us in the "in" crowd. Hope your version of this thing is a mild one.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:30 am 
I'm a tool.

Sweet Greggo wrote:
Finally got my results today. I officially have the COVIDs. Do I have to paint a big red C on my door now to warn people to stay away?

I'm so sorry. You only have a 99.9% of surviving.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:49 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

cap wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:

That was my survival chance before I got it. Now it's 97.88%. Glad we discovered before Thanksgiving that the kiddo had it. We had planned on having my 75+ year old parents over, who survivability rate is even less. :roll:

So far I had been fairing pretty well. My symptoms had been mild to non-existent for about a week since I got tested. Up until I got the call from the doc yesterday, I was questioning whether I even had it. I'm guessing now my mild symptoms had to do with the anit-biotic and steroid packs the doc gave me on day 1. On Sunday the low grade fever showed up and hasn't really left. I developed a dry cough that's pretty mild but it's there. Overnight things got worse. The cough got a little worse. I have nausea if I sit up for more than a few minutes. Fever. Shakes. Cold sweats. Extreme fatigue isn’t a good enough description for my energy level. I actually had to take a break during my shower after washing my hair. Just raising my arms over my head to to scrub in the shampoo got me light headed. Insane.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:27 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Stay hydrated. When my brother had it, he said that was the toughest part.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:54 pm 
I'm a tool.

vodka and tonic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:17 pm 
Site Admin

cap wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:

that's a pretty dickhead thing to say, even from you.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:50 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

fruitdog wrote:
cap wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:

that's a pretty dickhead thing to say, even from you.

Esp considering this forum's history!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:56 pm 

How are you feeling now, dear sweet clean Greggo?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:45 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

One symptom I forgot to mention before is for a couple of days my sinuses felt like they were on fire. Every inhale through my nose was painful. I thought at the time that my sinuses were just irritated from the test but I've since read that it most likely was a symptom of the virus.

I haven't had any symptoms for a while now except for the fatigue and trouble breathing, and I feel like those are improving. I don't think I ever lost my sense of smell or taste. Perhaps they've diminished a bit but I have been able to taste sour, salty & sweet without issue. The kiddo lost her senses though and says they haven't fully returned.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:27 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

The friend guy of my in-laws has been placed into an induced coma to ride out the rest of his illness. He's on the ventilator and he'll be out until his lungs heal themselves. Scary stuff.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:58 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Fuck a duck, that sucks. I hope he pulls through okay.

A vendor/buddy of mine spent a little over a week in the hospital at about the same time as I caught it. He's in his mid-60's, overweight, has had leukemia and is a type 1 diabetic. He was in pretty bad shape for a while.

I spent a good hour or more raking leaves yesterday. I worked up a bit of a sweat and wasn't over fatigued when I finished up. My breathing was fine, too, though I still can't take a deep breath and hold it long without coughing. Kinda feels like when I was smoking, but without all the phlegm.

I've heard stories of people feeling better and then all of a sudden taking a bad turn. Hopefully that's not the case with me (knock on wood), but as of now I'm feeling like the worst has passed and it wasn't really too bad. I don't know if my mild-ish symptoms are from the meds I got from the doc or if I just got lucky. :dunno:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:17 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

That friend guy of the in-laws died this morning. He was a good dude. I'll hold off commenting on his kids at this time, but he himself was a good dude. 68, I think, and he kept himself in pretty good shape. Just awful.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:55 pm 
I'm a tool.

I hope this changes your attitude about it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:04 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

It's still a hoax.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:41 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Dang that sucks. :sad:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:22 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

COVID worked its way through bagboy manor last week. I was sick first with the Mrs. getting it a week later and the kid following the next day. I went through different symptoms every day. From fever and body aches to headache and congestion to dull sense of taste and all accompanied by some crushing fatigue that was made worse by not being able to sleep at night. I've made it through my first day back at work swimmingly, but I have a feeling that I'll crash when I get home.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:50 pm 

Well hell, I'm sorry Mr. BB.

The forum is slowly being taken over by the COVID. And old age.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:49 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

stay hydrated and rest as much as you can, bb. my "flu like" symptoms came and went over a week and a half time period, but the shortness of breath and low energy level lasted a good 3-4 weeks.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:16 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Got an appointment to get the Moderna vaccine next Tuesday. Sometimes it pays to be a fatass.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:06 pm 

I got the 2nd round of the vaccine this past Thursday. It was Phizer :bigtime: . I didn’t experience any side effects from either shot other than a really sore arm.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:10 pm 

A co-worker who had the virus the same time I did has been been doing the antibodies tests. She's got some left, but not nearly as many. She's an old. Like me.

Neither of us has got the shot yet. Both need to.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:58 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I'm getting the Phizer shot on Wednesday evening at CVS. Mrs. bigboy spent a lot of time trying to track down a place to get one of the vaccines.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next