Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Scary Movies You Watched During the Month of Halloween
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:40 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Every year I try to watch more scary movies during Halloween time, which is weird for me because I don't otherwise give much of a shit about Halloween. I just like scary movies. Certain ones, at least. Don't care much for slasher flicks. Too visceral for me. Usually I don't watch as many as I'd like because I get intrigued by the baseball playoffs. I'm gonna try to balance it out more this year.

The Conjuring - Apparently there's a whole Conjuring universe at this point. I don't think I'm that interested in Annabelle the evil doll, but this one was a pretty good ghost/possession story. Not great but well-made with some decent scares. Will probably check out the sequel.

Evil Dead - This is the remake. I'd seen it before so I didn't watch it all the way through again, but this one is violent and brutal. The original is better with its lower budget making it more creepy, but that doesn't necessarily mean this one is dogshit. Walking trees get rapey in this one.

Cell - A not-so-great Stephen King novel gets the not-so-great movie treatment. John Cusack and Sam Jackson deserve better than this. Quit watching after a half hour.

Post subject: Re: Scary Movies You Watched During the Month of Halloween
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:04 am 
I'm a tool.

You should watch the Dahmer show on Netflix. Creepy AF.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:19 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Mrs Tit is interested in that. She loves all that True Crime crap. We'll probably watch it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:11 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Prince of Darkness - John Carpenter around the time when he started to suck. Meh yet memorable. Could've been a lot more. For a movie about Satan manifesting in an old church, the creepiest part is Jameson Parker's mustache.