Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: I have neither a pretty face nor a good personality...
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:44 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Can we still go shirtless at Northpark?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:47 pm 

Tit Whistle wrote:
Can we still go shirtless at Northpark?

I'm pretty sure it's mandatory in the Macy's bathroom.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:16 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

How about shirtless and with our pants below are waist line?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:10 pm 

My moobs will make a scene.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:52 pm 

Protect your shoulders from the sun. Cover unseemly moobs. Express sexuality. If there ever needed to be a reason to bring back the half shirt, here's 3.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:44 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Hey guys! Guess what?!?!?! I Lost 100 pounds!!!!1!!

Took me a fucking month to lose what I put on in a week and a half of vacation. That sucks.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:47 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

:babyarm:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:12 am 
I'm a tool.

Diello wrote:

Took me a fucking month to lose what I put on in a week and a half of vacation. That sucks.

God is great

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:26 pm 

Diello wrote:

:fist:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:15 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

nowhere near that much (kick fuckin ass, Diggaholio), but I'm at 40 lbs lost so far.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:15 pm 

rowdyhatinwalt wrote:
nowhere near that much (kick fuckin ass, Diggaholio), but I'm at 40 lbs lost so far.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:00 pm 

I seem to be holding steady at -60lbs.

<-- had 3 beers in a sitting this weekend! :cool:

:cry: Now back to the gym.. :banghead:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:34 pm 

Been hovering around 205 for about 4-5 months now. :cool: Who wants to fuck?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:00 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I don't fuck fat dudes.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:06 pm 

Tit Whistle wrote:
I get fucked by fat dudes.

There... I fixed it. :D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:17 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I see what you did there.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:21 pm 
I'm a tool.

that is soooo giml and vbears like

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:44 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Diello wrote:
Eat less.
Eat better.
Exercise.

I started gaining weight as soon as I stopped playing high school sports. It was a weird journey... every 5 years or so, I'd gain 10 pounds. It wasn't gradual though, I'd gain that 10 pounds over the course of a month or so, after maintaining my previous weight for years. The weight gain process was the same way every time: for a couple of weeks it would seem that no matter how little I ate, I'd feel super bloated and uncomfortable. I'd notice I was gaining weight and try to diet a bit, but it was impossible to hold off the inevitable. Very frustrating. I'd see the numbers on the scale and tell myself "okay man, 200 lbs is ridiculous... don't let it get any worse than that." Then 210 came, 220, 230... at my heaviest I weighed in at 252 lbs! I'm 5' 7"... that is too goddam heavy for anyone, much less someone of my stature. It was uncomfortable. My feet hurt. My back hurt. I had difficulty breathing when I would lay in bed, and then I looked like a turtle on its back when I tried to get up every morning. Getting out of a camping chair became difficult. I couldn't bend over and tie my shoes. I'd have to sit and cross my legs to clip my toenails. Hell, just getting my pants on was proving to be challenging.

At my athletic peak in high school I weighed 150-155 lbs. My sports were cross country, tennis and basketball. Since I was too small to play football, I never focused on getting swole. I worked out in the gym, but concentrated on toning rather than on bulking up. I could eat whatever I wanted and never gain an ounce. When I hear the phrase "high school skinny", that version of me is what I see in my head.

So going from that to +~ 100 lbs. I was pretty much classified as "morbidly obese". Every day I looked in the mirror and wonder how the hell I let myself go this far. Photos of me were of this fat-headed fat-ass that I didn't recognize.

Sometime around May something in my head finally clicked that I've been a fat-ass long enough. I went to my doc for my bi-annual checkup. He noticed I had gained more weight (though I was a bit under from my heaviest) and yelled at me (again). My blood pressure had been steadily rising to the hyper-tension range for a few years. He's been wanted to put me on HBP medicine for a while, and since I was turning 50 this year, he ordered me to go to a cardiologist and get a stress test.

Now, I didn't have an epiphany or anything like when I quite smoking. I didn't put the fork down after eating a big hunk of cake and say "no more!". There wasn't a day that I woke up and told myself, "Okay, today is the day you stop this nonsense." But for a while now I have been trying to convince myself that being so fucking fat is not a viable condition for the long term. How common are 60 year old fat-asses? 70 year old? The old heart just can't take all of that. Eventually it will succumb to the pressure (literally). I think the combination of the years I've been yelling at myself in the mirror, plus hitting the big 5-0 finally sank in and convinced me that fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life.

So I started eating better and eating less. I'm not on any specific diet. Diets by nature are temporary. I've changed the way I eat. I've cut most of the carbs but I'm not following Atkins or Keto. I eat a healthy portion of food and don't go back for seconds (which was traditionally BIGGER than the first plate). I don't go out to lunch every day now, I stay in and eat a salad or a bowl of fruit. I don't eat a half a bag of spicy doritos or a large tub of popcorn when I'm watching tv. I've cut out the 10:30pm bowl of cereal. No more BoBs from Whataburger. No more sodas (or cut way back). I'm not religous about it, though. Once a month we have cake day at the office and I absolutely partake. If someone brings donuts I'll have one (I just won't have 3 like I used to). Several people around my office keep candy dishes and I'm not shy about eating it. I've really put the focus on how much I'm eating, not so much WHAT I'm eating.

So today I got on the scale and for the 4th day in a row it read 220. That's more than 30 flippin pounds from my heaviest. What's cool is now I don't have to step off the scale to read it. Moving around is a helluva lot easier now. So are all the things I mentioned above. I'm able to wear shirts that I haven't put on in a couple of years. I can see and feel how much thinner I am now and it's a good feeling.

I'm gonna keep going down this road and see where it takes me. I have personal weight goals set at 5 lbs every 2 months. I wanted to be at 220 by Halloween, so there's that. I guess I'll change my 215 goal to 11/30 instead of New Year's. My ultimate goal is to be able to run again. Between the smoking for 25 years and the weight I just can't run for more than a minute at a time. The smoking was too hard on the lungs, and the weight is too hard on my ankles and shins. I think if I can get down to 200 then maybe my body can take it. Maybe VBF will let me join him on one of his runs if I can keep up. For now I try to walk a few miles everyday, spread out over breaks and my lunch.

My weight goal? I think everyone ultimately wants to be "high school skinny". Getting down to 155 would be an accomplishment, but who knows if that's even possible as a working adult. I think 160-165 is doable, though. And it may take a year or 2, but that's what I intend to get to.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:52 pm 

That is awesome, and I enjoyed reading that.

This is a mindset that I can't explain. How do we go from one lifestyle to the other? It's not a switch that we can just turn on. Or off. Well, I can't do it. I had to do it gradually, and it sounds like you are doing it the same way.

After 18 months of losing weight, I'm fighting the urge to go back to the old ways. Not really interested in being a fat face again.

Keep on keeping on, Sweet Greggo.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:05 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Thanks, hoob. I get a lot of inspiration from your posts. Your biking stories over the years have definitely contributed to my changed mindset about my health.

I forgot to mention, my stress test was fine. I had already lost about 15 pounds from when I saw my doc to when I saw my cardiologist. My cardio didn't like my blood pressure and said to use a home monitor to check it every day for 3 weeks and come back, when he would most likely start me on meds to get the BP under control. During those 3 weeks I lost another 5 pounds and my BP dropped a bit as well. We talked about the weight loss and how I was approaching it. He was impressed and told me that as long as I was getting healthier he would hold off on the medicine. I go back to see him in December for a check up.

Something else, even though most of my weight gain was gradual, I did have a HUGE jump when I quite smoking. I literally gained 20lbs in a month. I was expecting to gain weight (though even I didn't predict THAT much) and always figured I would address it when I had finally gotten past smoking. One vice at a time, I guess. And even though my doc would yell at me about my weight, he still agreed that it was better to be a little heavy than still smoking. He's gonna be surprised the next time he sees me.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:00 pm 
Site Admin

I'm proud of you, Craig.

Believe or not, ol' somesuch could stand to lose 10-15. Fucking beer.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:36 pm 

Way to go, Craig. :babyarm:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:17 pm 

congrats handlebar merkin...

btw,
< Fat again. :violin:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:57 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I kept hanging around 220 for a few weeks due to bad weekend eating. A couple of times we got wings and pizza on saturday night. I ate considerably less than I normally would (like half the pizza and 1/3 of the wings) and I'd eat left overs over the course of the weekend. By th etime Monday rolled around I'd be up 2-3 pounds, but salads and walks during the week would make the weight drop back down. And I was okay with that. That's how you do it, right? Maintain a healthy lifestyle? I don't eat pizza and wings or burgers or burritos EVERY day. It's a once in a while thing and even then I'm not eating literally 5 pounds of food at a sitting. And all of my other meals are salads or protein only.

The scale this morning read 214. Hopefully next Saturday it will read the same or less and I can claim my December 1 goal a month and a half early. :fist:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:27 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I said to hell with it on Thanksgiving and ate what I wanted, but I didn't get stupid and eat as much as I used to. I could have just stuck with just eating turkey and deviled eggs, but I went all in and got some dressing, green bean casserole, shells and cheese, etc. I even ate a roll or two. Then I went to town on pecan pie. No ragrets.

Monday morning the scale showed an increase of 2 pounds (213 btw, up from 211), but I'm sure at some point it was much more than that. After a week of eating better and walking, I should be back on track. Thanksgiving meals are fun, but I don't have any desire to go back to eating like that on a regular basis.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:31 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

A week before Thanksgiving I was down to 251, my lowest weight in a decade. A work trip with bad eating and beer and Thanksgiving pushed me back up to 257. I was back down to 255 this morning and my goal is the get below 250 for my annual physical in a week or so. Cutting out sodas down to one a day or less and not eating bad shit for breakfast or before bedtime has made all of the difference.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:19 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I'm still hanging around 211-212. My Dec 1 goal of 215 was met. The weight isn't dropping as quickly as the first 30 pounds (as expected) but it IS dropping. I'd say I'm officially 40 pounds lighter than I was when I started. If I keep with my desired schedule then my new goal is 210 by Feb 1. Weight it funny. I've seen 210 on my scale in the last week but I've also see 214. In order for me to feel the goal is met I wait until I'm 3 lbs under and I don't see my weight OVER what the goal is.

I see my cardio this Friday. I think I was just under or just over 220 when I saw him last, so he should be happy to see that I'm sticking to my new lifestyle. I haven't been monitoring my blood pressure so I'm not sure if I'll be leaving with a prescription or not.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:44 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Had my physical yesterday and had lost 13 pounds since last year's. They still labeled my glucose as prediabetic, but it's just barely above the high range. Cholesterol was improved, but I have some work to do. On my scale at home, I was down to 250 this morning. If I can improve from dropping 1 pound per month to 2 pounds per month this year, I can get down to my goal of 230. I'm gonna be a sexy motherfucker.

:fist2: :biteme: :fist:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:59 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:52 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

This morning I weighed in at 202.2 pounds, exactly 50 pounds less than I weighed at my heaviest in November of 2017. I've come a long way, baby.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:35 pm 

Awesome, sir.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:11 am 
Site Admin

:babyarm:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:16 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

201.2 today! Holy crap I just might make sub 200 by Friday (but I doubt it)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:04 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

This morning I weighed in at 198.8. Crazy. I haven't been sub-200 in at least a decade.

We had a "Biggest Loser" contest at work. Final weigh-in was this morning. I lost 24 pounds (10.8% of my total weight) in 8 weeks and won $160. :cool:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:21 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:35 pm 
Site Admin

I won $125 from that equifax breach. Gonna spend it on beer probably.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:49 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

You should spend it at Twin Peaks in Irving and let everyone know when you'll be there. GNO, anyone?