Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 978 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: GTA IV countdown blog
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:05 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

vbear wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
last to the party wrote:
You might want to call ahead, Portland is sold out all around.

GameStop in Euless has plenty of copies, and it's right next to a Chik Fil A. It's a good time to live in Texas.
Whoa there buddy. You said it's in Euless, right?

yes?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:05 pm 

Sweet Greggo wrote:
last to the party wrote:

GameStop in Euless has plenty of copies, and it's right next to a Chik Fil A. It's a good time to live in Texas.

Mcdonalds Chicken Sammy keeps the hunger pangs at bay. I was just at gamestop last night throwing some more cash down for WiiFit and the line was out the door, until the chick behind the counter said "We don't have GTAIV unless you preordered it." The room cleared.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:07 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

vbear wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
last to the party wrote:

That part of Euless is actually right across the street from Colleyville so it's not all that bad. The Tongans tend to stay to the south and east of there.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:11 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

bigboy wrote:
vbear wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
last to the party wrote:

That part of Euless is actually right across the street from Colleyville so it's not all that bad. The Tongans tend to stay to the south and east of there.
they know better than to cross into Colleyville.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:12 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

bigboy wrote:
vbear wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
last to the party wrote:

Yes, that's in the "new" euless. I live in "old worn down little pakistan" euless.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:16 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

rowdyhatinwalt wrote:
God forbid you actually try to play the game without Sagger's permission, Gam.

and god forbid someone still actually like something thats broadcast on the ticket. Quit being such a fucking bitch because I don't agree.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:29 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I still listen to the Ticket and I support you Saggs.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:36 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sagger Pance wrote:
rowdyhatinwalt wrote:

and god forbid someone still actually like something thats broadcast on the ticket. Quit being such a fucking bitch because I don't agree.

quit fucking shoehorning your opinion every single time someone disagrees with your precious fucking Ticket already. Ok, you love it. Goody for you.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:39 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

rowdyhatinwalt wrote:
Sagger Pance wrote:
rowdyhatinwalt wrote:

quit fucking shoehorning your opinion every single time someone disagrees with your precious fucking Ticket already. Ok, you love it. Goody for you.

eh, screw me. Continue to do that. I promise to continue to whine about the Ticket.
F Gam, btw.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:41 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Anybody wanna set the over/under on the number of days until the next Sagger meltdown and runofft?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:45 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

rowdyhatinwalt wrote:
rowdyhatinwalt wrote:
Sagger Pance wrote:
rowdyhatinwalt wrote:

eh, screw me. Continue to do that. I promise to continue to whine about the Ticket.
F Gam, btw.

So can I play the fucking thing or what?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:57 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

SHUT THE FUCK UP GAM!!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:58 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

bigboy wrote:
Anybody wanna set the over/under on the number of days until the next Sagger meltdown and runofft?

Well I just won money betting on how long it would take you to take a shot at me because walt did.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:05 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

rowdyhatinwalt wrote:
Sagger Pance wrote:
rowdyhatinwalt wrote:

dude you still don't even get it. I don't love it. There are tons of things I don't like. But you fucking ignore all of the complaints I have because it doesn't fit your stupid picture of me. Jesus fucking christ dude. You're fucking complaining about cowboys employees not betraying confidences and running with every story they've heard of. Gimme a fucking break. And you give other people shit for telling people what they should think? Just shut the fuck up about it. We all get it. You're too cool for school. All I ever said was that it wasn't fair to judge Mickey on breaking news stories because he's a cowboys employee and is therefore beholden to them. If you don't grasp that concept, well I'm fuckin sorry.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:06 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

:meltdown:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:08 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

suck my cock, dude.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:10 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

well, alright.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:11 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

and yes gam, you can play the game. You probably wanna get the guide for it too, if this is your first go round. Enjoy the virtual handjobs.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:32 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

You two just go and kill some innocnet pedestrians. That will help you cool off.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:11 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sagger Pance wrote:
and yes gam, you can play the game. You probably wanna get the guide for it too, if this is your first go round. Enjoy the virtual handjobs.

I've got vice city, I just didn't play it all the way through. and I normally hold off on the guides. i like to find shit by exploration and try to figure out strategies n puzzles and whatnot on my own. if i get stuck, there's always the web.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:16 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sagger Pance wrote:
bigboy wrote:

Well I just won money betting on how long it would take you to take a shot at me because walt did.

Damn, you've got me all figured out..

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:45 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sweet Greggo wrote:
Sagger Pance wrote:

I've got vice city, I just didn't play it all the way through. and I normally hold off on the guides. i like to find shit by exploration and try to figure out strategies n puzzles and whatnot on my own. if i get stuck, there's always the web.

thats the thing I'm not liking about GTA IV. You don't really have the option to go figure stuff out on your own. I know diello says it's always been slow like this, but in vice city and GTA III I still think there was more to do sooner. Nothing is an option until the game puts you through a tutorial mission about it. Its just a lot more linear. I needed a few hundred bucks for guns for a mission and I had to call up my friend and try to make it 10 bucks at a time in cab missions... or deliver drugs for the jamaican. And I have to wait til they have jobs available. I tried killing hookers, but Liberty City is in a recession or something because the hoes aint got shit on em anymore. You're lucky to get your handjob money back when you kill a whore.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:46 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Diello wrote:
You two just go and kill some innocnet pedestrians. That will help you cool off.

actually the idea of blowing off steam is psychologically counterproductive.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 8:19 am 

I can't understand a goddamn word the Jamaicans are saying. I know they're doing some of it on purpose, but even when Niko is carrying on a conversation with them I still don't hear anything other than "my money" and "seen?". They start talking and my eyes glaze over like vBear seeing Chris Hansen tell him to have a seat.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 8:45 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Bitterwhiteguy wrote:
I can't understand a goddamn word the Jamaicans are saying. I know they're doing some of it on purpose, but even when Niko is carrying on a conversation with them I still don't hear anything other than "my money" and "seen?". They start talking and my eyes glaze over like vBear seeing Chris Hansen tell him to have a seat.

tirn on de suptitles, maan!

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 9:20 am 

Sweet Greggo wrote:
Bitterwhiteguy wrote:

tirn on de suptitles, maan!

Yea I know, I kinda don't want to. The Jamaicans make me giggle when they talk, especially when Niko has that 'wtf' look on his face.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 10:12 am 
Site Admin

The need to get to opening the other islands. I'm tired of being dressed like a damn immigrant. The game doesn't seem that slow to me. I haven't had to buy all that many guns. I seem to be picking up plenty in the missions and the shotgun, uzi and pistol seem to be the only ones available right now. I like how they give you the option to let guys live and how that might change the story line. I think I might have killed Mikhail too quick because he seemed to have gave up but I already emptied a clip in him because I was about to eat it too. Did anyone else wait and see what he had to say?

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 11:53 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

i'm digging the game so far. it doesn't seem like it's moving slow to me either. the plot is good and the missions have been entertaining. the driving is a little difficult, to be sure. i hope i can get better at it, because i'm assuming the cops are going to get better at chasing me.

me and some friends played some multiplayer last night. very cool indeed. they've got some neat games that are worth checking out.

one small criticism i have is the graphics. they're good, but the 360 can do a lot better. it looks like they rushed the motion capture for the people, too. a little disappointing, but it doesn't take away from the gameplay.

i haven't played it enough to give it a rating, but like saggs said, it doesn't really deserve a 10 out of 10.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:04 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I haven't got to play it yet. My son is being a GTA hog.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:06 pm 

Sweet Greggo wrote:
one small criticism i have is the graphics. they're good, but the 360 can do a lot better. it looks like they rushed the motion capture for the people, too. a little disappointing, but it doesn't take away from the gameplay.

GTA's always lagged in that department, I guess I'm just used to it at this point. It still looks an order of magnitude better than any of the other GTA games.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:10 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

vbear wrote:

tell him to buy his own 360.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:12 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Bitterwhiteguy wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:

GTA's always lagged in that department, I guess I'm just used to it at this point. It still looks an order of magnitude better than any of the other GTA games.

ya, you can definitely tell you're playing a GTA when you fire it up.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:13 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sweet Greggo wrote:
vbear wrote:

he did buy it. he also bought GTA IV.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:15 pm 

vbear wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
vbear wrote:

Then tell yourself to buy a 360.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:18 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

fruitdog wrote:
The need to get to opening the other islands. I'm tired of being dressed like a damn immigrant. The game doesn't seem that slow to me. I haven't had to buy all that many guns. I seem to be picking up plenty in the missions and the shotgun, uzi and pistol seem to be the only ones available right now. I like how they give you the option to let guys live and how that might change the story line. I think I might have killed Mikhail too quick because he seemed to have gave up but I already emptied a clip in him because I was about to eat it too. Did anyone else wait and see what he had to say?

I waited...til he started getting back up. Then POW!!!! right in the kisser!

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:19 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Bitterwhiteguy wrote:
vbear wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
vbear wrote:

And then steal his copy of GTA.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:20 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Bitterwhiteguy wrote:
vbear wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
vbear wrote:

i just might do that with my tax rebate thingy.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 11:35 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

beating the shit out of whores with an aluminum baseball bat = much fun

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 1:31 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

fruitdog wrote:

i haven't gotten to that part of the story, but the center island is open for me now. i think it was from a cab ride i gave to one of roman's customers.

I haven't found a new clothes store yet.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 1:52 pm 
Site Admin

I got there last night after helping some knifer named playboy.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:06 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Ricky Gervais doing AIDS humor = greatness.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 3:02 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Diello wrote:
Ricky Gervais doing AIDS humor = greatness.

that routine was actually funny. the first one... ah, not so much.

love the motion capture too. even if you didn't know who it was at first it wouldn't take long to recognize him.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 978 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24  Next