Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 978 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: GTA IV countdown blog
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 10:07 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Bitterwhiteguy wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
I don't bother with trying to take anyone out. At the start, I stay back and let everyone go. after the first turn, half to most are usually driving each other off the road. When the dust clears, I'm in 3rd or 4th place. None of those cars can take a corner worth a damn, so I just bide my time and overtake them when I get an opening. Even if I have a slower car I can usually win with no problems.

I started shooting out tires on the very first race because I was awful in that souped up car Brucie makes you use and had to keep replaying the race. Since then it's been better.

Actually I never thought about disabling the cars. The races are easy enough to win, but I suppose for a little fun you can jump out of your car at the very beginning and nail the group with an rpg. :smile:

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 10:20 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sweet Greggo wrote:
Bitterwhiteguy wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
I don't bother with trying to take anyone out. At the start, I stay back and let everyone go. after the first turn, half to most are usually driving each other off the road. When the dust clears, I'm in 3rd or 4th place. None of those cars can take a corner worth a damn, so I just bide my time and overtake them when I get an opening. Even if I have a slower car I can usually win with no problems.

I started shooting out tires on the very first race because I was awful in that souped up car Brucie makes you use and had to keep replaying the race. Since then it's been better.

Actually I never thought about disabling the cars. The races are easy enough to win, but I suppose for a little fun you can jump out of your car at the very beginning and nail the group with an rpg. :smile:

That was always the thing to do in Vice City. Nail as many as you can at the start then turn around and wait for the remaining ones to approach the finish line before blasting them. After that, get in your car and finish the race at your own leisure.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 11:02 am 

Tit Whistle wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
Bitterwhiteguy wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:

That was always the thing to do in Vice City. Nail as many as you can at the start then turn around and wait for the remaining ones to approach the finish line before blasting them. After that, get in your car and finish the race at your own leisure.

In Vice City I did that to Hilary because of how freakin' difficult "The Driver" mission was. I failed the mission, but it was satisfying firing a rocket up his tailpipe.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 11:16 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Bitterwhiteguy wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
Bitterwhiteguy wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:

In Vice City I did that to Hilary because of how freakin' difficult "The Driver" mission was. I failed the mission, but it was satisfying firing a rocket up his tailpipe.

I may go back and play Vice City when I'm finished with VI. I think I picked it up along with a few other games around the same time as I started the sign job, so I never had any time to really get into them. I haven't tried yet, but I'm assuming it will work with the 360.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 11:31 am 

Sweet Greggo wrote:
I may go back and play Vice City when I'm finished with VI. I think I picked it up along with a few other games around the same time as I started the sign job, so I never had any time to really get into them. I haven't tried yet, but I'm assuming it will work with the 360.

That's quite an assumption you're rolling with.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 11:46 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Bitterwhiteguy wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:

That's quite an assumption you're rolling with.

It's how I roll, baby!!!!! genetically superior!!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 1:17 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

so 5' midgets are the new master race?

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 1:47 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

you should play the game before you try to make funny.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 1:59 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I'm a little too busy to play video games.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 2:03 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

and yet you still find time to repress people posting in a thread about a video game on a forum dedicated to the removal of a mascot for a prominent professional sports franchise.

interesting.

Last edited by Sweet Greggo on Mon May 19, 2008 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 2:04 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

busy at home, not at work. duh.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 2:05 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

so you called in sick to have time to repress people posting in a thread about a video game on a forum dedicated to the removal of a mascot for a prominent professional sports franchise.

interesting.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 2:09 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

you're not making any sense.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 2:22 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Veeb, don't try and reason with him.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 2:29 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

you're right, Terd. it's not worth it.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 2:31 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

i had you going for a couple of posts... woulda been longer if it hadn't have been for those meddling kids.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 2:33 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

you had me going? not hardly.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 2:34 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

thread history proves different.

<--- winnah

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 3:37 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

There are no winners here.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:38 am 

I took my first crack at the 'Heat' bank heist mission and failed, though I got pretty far considering I didn't have any body armor. I think with body armor I'll be able to at least get to a vehicle.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:51 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Bitterwhiteguy wrote:
I took my first crack at the 'Heat' bank heist mission and failed, though I got pretty far considering I didn't have any body armor. I think with body armor I'll be able to at least get to a vehicle.

That is the best mission in the game, imo,

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 8:37 am 

Sweet Greggo wrote:
Bitterwhiteguy wrote:

Yea it was pretty cool and not infuriatingly hard. I passed it on my 3rd try. Nice payout too, I'll take a few more 250k jobs plznthx.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 8:48 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Bitterwhiteguy wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
Bitterwhiteguy wrote:

Yea it was pretty cool and not infuriatingly hard. I passed it on my 3rd try. Nice payout too, I'll take a few more 250k jobs plznthx.

better make the money last, there is only one other 250k job, and that's IF you accept it. i haven't gotten the 500k achievement yet, the money never lasts, esp when you use your last rpg and niko throws the fucking thing away :banghead:

i'm working on packie like so i can buy shit off him cheap, maybe then i can work my way to 500k.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 9:54 am 

Jacob's rates are cheaper than the gun shops, I don't recall if he has the RPG though.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 9:56 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Bitterwhiteguy wrote:
Jacob's rates are cheaper than the gun shops, I don't recall if he has the RPG though.

i think packie has the explosives. ie hand grenades and rpgs. i could be way off though.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:17 am 

Sweet Greggo wrote:
Bitterwhiteguy wrote:

i think packie has the explosives. ie hand grenades and rpgs. i could be way off though.

Jacob's got grenades & molotovs.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:34 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Bitterwhiteguy wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
Bitterwhiteguy wrote:

Jacob's got grenades & molotovs.

God loves you like he loves Jacob.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:52 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

i think the moral of the story here is don't use your last rpg. :mad:

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:56 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sweet Greggo wrote:
i think the moral of the story here is don't use your last rpg. :mad:

especially don't fire 'em randomly at moving targets you have zero probability of hitting.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:10 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Rent Roman!!!

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:57 am 

Sweet Greggo wrote:
Bitterwhiteguy wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
Bitterwhiteguy wrote:

better make the money last, there is only one other 250k job, and that's IF you accept it. i haven't gotten the 500k achievement yet, the money never lasts, esp when you use your last rpg and niko throws the fucking thing away :banghead:

i'm working on packie like so i can buy shit off him cheap, maybe then i can work my way to 500k.

500k is easy if you stop buying RPGs. Between the assassin missions & jacking cars for Stevie, I hit 500k pretty easily.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 10:41 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Bitterwhiteguy wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
Bitterwhiteguy wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
Bitterwhiteguy wrote:

500k is easy if you stop buying RPGs. Between the assassin missions & jacking cars for Stevie, I hit 500k pretty easily.

Yeah, I spent waaaay too much money buying rpgs and grenades, and getting killed when I was bored and just start beating the shit out of people. It's like 10k for the hospital bill alone!. I think I was over 300k once in the whole game. I'm at 90k now with the story complete, so i'm delivering stevies cars and trying to get meh cash flow back up, but I don't think I'll get the 500k before I get the rest of the single player acheivements. Looks like I'll be playing this one again. (not a bad thing)

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 10:47 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

One thing I always wanted in the GTA games is the ability to play certain missions again after you complete them. Maybe unlock that shit after you've won the game so you can replay what you want and make more money from it. I'd hate to have to go thru the 10-hour tutorial on this game again just to replay the good stuff.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 10:51 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Tit Whistle wrote:
One thing I always wanted in the GTA games is the ability to play certain missions again after you complete them. Maybe unlock that shit after you've won the game so you can replay what you want and make more money from it. I'd hate to have to go thru the 10-hour tutorial on this game again just to replay the good stuff.

:babyarm: that would be nice. the bank job is pretty cool, i'd love to be able to get a crack at that one whenever I wanted... go in with different weapons, strategies, etc.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:41 am 

Sweet Greggo wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:

:babyarm: that would be nice. the bank job is pretty cool, i'd love to be able to get a crack at that one whenever I wanted... go in with different weapons, strategies, etc.

There are strategies other than "shoot everything"?

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 12:03 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Bitterwhiteguy wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:

There are strategies other than "shoot everything"?

:D That would be the main one, yes.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 2:07 pm 

I'm now at something like 57-58% and probably 2/3 - 3/4 through the main story missions(I'm working with Pegorino, Phil Bell, & Florian/Bernie) and haven't cheated yet. I like that most of the missions have been challenging without being infuriating.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 2:23 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Bitterwhiteguy wrote:
I'm now at something like 57-58% and probably 2/3 - 3/4 through the main story missions(I'm working with Pegorino, Phil Bell, & Florian/Bernie) and haven't cheated yet. I like that most of the missions have been challenging without being infuriating.

I didn't use any cheat codes while playing the main storyline. Now though, I'm spawning lambo's and porche's to do the races and get around town to meet people.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:18 am 

Any ideas what achievements get tossed in the can when you start using cheats?

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:33 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Bitterwhiteguy wrote:
Any ideas what achievements get tossed in the can when you start using cheats?

Only a few from what I've read. Spawning cars and motorcycles doesn't affect anything, but regenerating health or ammo does. There's a "cheat code" thread on the xbox forum that lists everything in detail.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:29 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

:fist2: GENETICALLY SUPERIOR, BABY!!!! YEAH!! :fist:

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:03 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I don't get it. Does that guy really kick ass at GTA?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 978 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 24  Next