Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 969 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:33 pm 

From what I've heard if you go to any of Emeril's places outside of NOLA you are going to be highly dissapointed. Chef chains as a whole are a stupid concept.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:34 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

HSC wrote:
vbear wrote:
HSC wrote:
vbear wrote:
I ate at Emeril's place in Las Vegas. IT.SUCKED! overpriced and the servers sucked ass.

I never ate there. He always comes off to me as a guy who is a major douche, btw.
He did help all of his workers after Katrina so I don't know how much of a douche he is. I'm just saying his food and his whole Emeri's Fish House sucked.

I'm sure he did alot for the people of Katrina, but when my mother-in-law is over and watches FoodNetwork, I want to slit my wrist when he's on the air.
Oh I agree with that. I don't like any of the guys on there. Give me that big mouthed Italian chick or the blonde with big jugs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:51 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

If you can catch "Giada in Paradise: Capri" you get to see her in a bathing suit. :boner:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:55 pm 
Site Admin

Stu wrote:
I LIKE ALTON BROWN!

jeez, lay off the guy dickhead. It's better than watching bobby flay be a douchebag.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:55 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Seen it. She's juggeriffic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:05 pm 

Stu wrote:
I have some of his cookware. Good stuff.

Emeril's popularity has been on the decline. He was a mainstay at the Food Network for years. They clearly are moving in a younger direction. The shows they are featuring now are moving to young, attractive chefs, or contests. Paula Dean and Alton Brown are the oldest hosts remaining. And both of those really are gimmicky.
seriously? Did he like personally come to your door peddling it? Cause even then I can't really see a reason buying any shit with the name of anyone from Food network stamped on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:09 pm 

mesilla wrote:
Stu wrote:

Emeril's popularity has been on the decline. He was a mainstay at the Food Network for years. They clearly are moving in a younger direction. The shows they are featuring now are moving to young, attractive chefs, or contests. Paula Dean and Alton Brown are the oldest hosts remaining. And both of those really are gimmicky.
seriously? Did he like personally come to your door peddling it? Cause even then I can't really see a reason buying any shit with the name of anyone from Food network stamped on it.
As much as I hate Rachel Ray, her cast iron stuff isn't half bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:12 pm 
Site Admin

I have some of the swedish chef's pyrex dishes. good shit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:12 pm 

last to the party wrote:
mesilla wrote:
Stu wrote:

right and walt's shit doesn't stink

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:13 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

mesilla wrote:
last to the party wrote:
mesilla wrote:
Stu wrote:

is it not possible that their stuff could be good quality? did Paula Dean not return your fan mail or somthing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:16 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

mesilla wrote:
Stu wrote:

I have a set of Emeril's stuff and it is All-Clad cookware with his name stamped on it. It is good quality stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:17 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

last to the party wrote:
From what I've heard if you go to any of Emeril's places outside of NOLA you are going to be highly dissapointed. Chef chains as a whole are a stupid concept.

His steakhouse in Vegas is pretty good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:18 pm 

vbear wrote:
mesilla wrote:
last to the party wrote:
mesilla wrote:
Stu wrote:

is it not possible that their stuff could be good quality? did Paula Dean not return your fan mail or somthing?
why would anything created by a mass market conglomerate be of good quality when their sole purpose is to sell crap to the house frau who can't not buy what her favorite fake tv chef is hocking this week? And I don't know how that woman is still alive considering she fried literal balls of butter as a mid-afternoon snack.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:19 pm 
Site Admin

vbear wrote:
mesilla wrote:
last to the party wrote:
mesilla wrote:
Stu wrote:

hey y'all, I'm gonna add about 3 pounds of butter to this salad
*crazy southern lady laugh*
who wants mint juleps with bacon drippins?

Last edited by fruitdog on Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:19 pm 

hogcods wrote:
mesilla wrote:
Stu wrote:

I have a set of Emeril's stuff and it is All-Clad cookware with his name stamped on it. It is good quality stuff.
if it's actual all-clad cookware than why buy the stuff with some dude's name on it? Just buy the regular kind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:20 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

mesilla wrote:
vbear wrote:
mesilla wrote:
last to the party wrote:
mesilla wrote:
Stu wrote:

why would anything created by a mass market conglomerate be of good quality when their sole purpose is to sell crap to the house frau who can't not buy what her favorite fake tv chef is hocking this week? And I don't know how that woman is still alive considering she fried literal balls of butter as a mid-afternoon snack.
why do you hate mass market conglomerates so?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:21 pm 

mesilla wrote:
vbear wrote:
mesilla wrote:
last to the party wrote:
mesilla wrote:
Stu wrote:

I bought the stuff because I wanted some cast iron caseroles, they weren't that expensive compared to the regular stuff so I wasn't expecting them to be great. But they are great. And believe me I hate Rachel Ray, if I saw her out in public I would have to fight hard to not stab her in the face. So I in no way purchased said cookware because it had her likeness or siggy on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:21 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Walt, you need to put your woman in ch...aw fuck, who am I kidding.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:22 pm 
Site Admin

vbear wrote:
mesilla wrote:
vbear wrote:
mesilla wrote:
last to the party wrote:
mesilla wrote:
Stu wrote:

I bet she didn't before she met Walt.
Lord how she's changed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:22 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

mesilla wrote:
hogcods wrote:
mesilla wrote:
Stu wrote:

if it's actual all-clad cookware than why buy the stuff with some dude's name on it? Just buy the regular kind.

It was a gift.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:23 pm 

vbear wrote:
mesilla wrote:
vbear wrote:
mesilla wrote:
last to the party wrote:
mesilla wrote:
Stu wrote:

they all suck except for ACME, now that stuff kicks ass

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:24 pm 

fruitdog wrote:
vbear wrote:
mesilla wrote:
vbear wrote:
mesilla wrote:
last to the party wrote:
mesilla wrote:
Stu wrote:

I bet she didn't before she met Walt.
Lord how she's changed.
I hate you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:29 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Walt would have said the exact same thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:31 pm 

vbear wrote:
Walt would have said the exact same thing.
:mad:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:32 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

goddammit, STOP THAT!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:36 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:38 pm 

you're mean

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:39 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Mike Hunt wrote:
last to the party wrote:

I ate at his place at the City Walk in Orlando about 5 years and it was outstanding.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:41 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

mesilla wrote:
you're mean
i'm really nice in person.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:42 pm 

vbear wrote:
mesilla wrote:
you're mean
not really

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:44 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

mesilla wrote:
you're mean

You were about to say "Well motherfuck", weren't you?

Post subject:
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

mesilla wrote:
vbear wrote:
mesilla wrote:
you're mean
not really
now who's being mean?

Post subject:

bigboy wrote:
Mike Hunt wrote:
last to the party wrote:

I ate at his place at the City Walk in Orlando about 5 years and it was outstanding.
I didn't like his or Flay's places in Vegas. Other than that the only "fancy" Well known chef's resturants I have eaten at are Les Halles, WD-50, and Lola. All spectacular compared to the chains.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:46 pm 

hogcods wrote:
mesilla wrote:
you're mean

NO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:47 pm 

vbear wrote:
mesilla wrote:
vbear wrote:
mesilla wrote:
you're mean
not really
now who's being mean?
still you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:49 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

mesilla wrote:
vbear wrote:
mesilla wrote:
vbear wrote:
mesilla wrote:
you're mean
not really
now who's being mean?
still you.
do what?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:50 pm 

vbear wrote:
mesilla wrote:
vbear wrote:
mesilla wrote:
vbear wrote:
mesilla wrote:
you're mean
not really
now who's being mean?
still you.
do what?
you. You're still being mean.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:51 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

mesilla wrote:
hogcods wrote:
mesilla wrote:
you're mean

NO.

Instead of "NO", you really wanted to say "GODDAMMIT CODS!!!" I bet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:56 pm 

hogcods wrote:
mesilla wrote:
hogcods wrote:
mesilla wrote:
you're mean

NO.

Instead of "NO", you really wanted to say "GODDAMMIT CODS!!!" I bet.
:mad:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:56 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I just got a text message from Mesilla that said, "Poop!"

Real nice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:57 pm 

oh look who's decided to join in

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:58 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

mesilla wrote:
oh look who's decided to join in

Sorry, I could smell the fresh blood.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 969 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next