Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 11:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 55  Next
 Post subject: Re: Thinsgs I'm currently eating or things you ate recently
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:45 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I know a guy who's allergic to onions. This may be the new peanut allergy and the reason why they ask.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:47 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

There's typically very little middle ground when it comes to In-n-Out Burger. People either like it or hate it. I'm kinda meh on it. I hadn't had it in a year or so and I gave it a whirl last week for lunch one day. I think you're nuts, Fred, by saying that the fries suck. That's the best part about In-n-Out. Copious amounts of salt and some ketchup on never frozen fries is the best.

I haven't seen them use the person with the touch pad on the drive through since the days when people were losing their shit and waiting in lines around the block. There's a couple of Chik-Fil-As that I've been to in the 817 that do that. I don't whether it speeds things up, but it shows how those places are factories to print money by having that many people working at one time.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:53 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I tried In and Out, but was underwhelmed and have never gone back. I rarely eat burgers, but when I do I opt for Five Guys or JBs.

"A free society endangers us, without doubt. It is our Achilles Heel, and our glory. It is the risk we take…. Did so many Americans give up their lives to save our freedom so that we could give up our freedom to save our lives?" … Neil Steinberg

Last edited by Ichabod on Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:54 pm 
Site Admin

The chick-fil-a near my office is a madhouse every time I go there. If I go there I always skip the drive-thru and just go inside and get it to go.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:58 pm 
Site Admin

Tit Whistle wrote:
I know a guy who's allergic to onions. This may be the new peanut allergy and the reason why they ask.

Is it the guy who wears shorts in the winter?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:12 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

or somesuch wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:

Who doesn't do that?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:39 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

or somesuch wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:

No, that guy is actually reasonable compared to the onion allergy guy.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:27 pm 

I had lunch at some Greek place in Rowlett called Opa. It was ok. Kinda like food at a Greek Orthodox festival. The waitress was a little butterball but seemed very sexual.

Twist: I grabbed a piece of hard candy on the way out. They had 2 different kinds of peppermints: red & white traditional or green and brown. I went green and brown.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:41 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I've had the green and brown mints before. I like them.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:06 pm 
Site Admin

We don't have a cafeteria in the building, but we have a spot where you can buy sandwiches or salads or even shitty burgers out of this refrigerated unit. The food totally sucks and I don't work very hard, so I never have to eat at the office, but today I went up there for a shitty greek salad and a shittier turkey sandwich that ran me $11. The reason I had to do this was our office has a parking garage that reads your toll tag to let you in. It's usually open in the morning, but closes around 9 and you have to have a toll tag or key fob to get in. Well my car is at the dealership due to an electrical issue with the dashboard indicator, so I have a loaner car. I remembered my toll tag, but forgot my key fob (which I never use anyway) in the car. Anyhoo, yesterday I got back from lunch (Jason's deli) and I flashed my toll tag to the reader (I may have been late on it, it's usually just stuck to my winshield) and the bar didn't open. So I pushed the button to speak to security.
"hello"
"Hi, my tolltag isn't being read. Can you let me in?"
"Use your keyfob".
"I don't have it with me. My car is in the shop and I left it in there."
"What about your tolltag."
"I remembered the tolltag and it's not working. That's why I buzzed you."
"What's your name?"
"somey"
*door opens*

I'm sure he has to deal with that all the time, but he had a really crappy attitude about it all and I totally didn't want to have to go through that again, so I just had a shitty lunch and watched CNN.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:39 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

We have a catering company come in every day and you can get all-you-can-eat for $3. I haven't taken that option in about 5 years since I went down there one day about 5 minutes before they packed it in and they loaded me up with pretty much the rest of the BBQ. I spent the next 3 days on the shitter. Mrs Tit's company gets the occasional food truck. I think I'd try that if we got one.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:46 pm 
Site Admin

For a while, we had a food truck schedule. There would be about 8 different trucks and they'd all come once a month or so, on different days. The best one was Cajun Tailgators. Crawfish Etouffee. mmmmm mmmmm. I don't think they did very well over here though as they all bailed on us. All the times I went out there, I saw at most 2 other customers.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:34 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Ida Claire - Addison, Texas

Ranks 9 out of 10 on the hipster scale but don't let that fool you. It's a pretty chill place that makes some awesome southern-style food. There is some Addison-style talent that will roll through there so if you are up to date on your testosterone shots like I am, there is a good chance you will pop a boner.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:34 pm 
Site Admin

Crab boil from Hook, Line and Sinker. Added a couple of Pacificos. Ran me about $30. They didn't season the corn on the cob or potatoes at all. Not worth it, but it wasn't terrible either. I smell like crab right now.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:41 pm 
Site Admin

Pizza from the local pizza place near my office. I had a slice of cheese and a slice of peperoni. It was really good. They also had coke zero. I enjoy coke zero and don't feel guilty for refilling my glass.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:30 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Buffalo Chicken sandwich from Boston's. Stay away from this sandwich.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:48 pm 

I ate lunch at the Whole Foods in Ag town. It is the smallest of the Whole Foods in the metroplex by a long shot, like a walmarks in deep E Tx. Slim pickings for babe sightings too. My lunch selection was a smoked chicken breast off the bbq bar, some mustard based potato salad, and a medley of okra and tomatoes from the salad bar at the other end of the store. It was delicious but cost $21. Sheesh. Throwing away trash is very confusing at WF.

Twist: I brought my tablet in to read the Internet (yes, I have an iPad :pimp:) The were two wifi networks to choose from: one said "whole foods". The other selection said "stay the fuck off"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:09 pm 

The ex used to tease me for eating spam, telling me to warn her when I was cooking it so she could go eat out. Her head nearly exploded once when I cooked it outside on the grill and put it on a bun.

This weekend in her honor, I made spam casserole. Not that bad.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:24 am 
I'm a tool.

It's a carcinogen now

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:59 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I'm not a SPAM fan, but I do like it in ramen.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:29 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Spam always struck me as post-Depression food. My dad ate it along with liverwurst and Underwood Deviled Ham because that's all they had to eat when he was a kid. We have better meat now (theoretically) and there's no need to eat the lips and asses of the animal world anymore. That said, I did eat it as a kid but only when it was fried. That jelly shit grossed me out.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:20 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

mmmmm Underwood...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:22 pm 
I'm a tool.

up to no good

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:25 am 

Attempted to create the equivalent of Taco Cabana's Eggs Mexicana dish this morning. Not that bad.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:32 pm 
Site Admin

break it down for me, I love a good egg dish.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:36 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Found on the web:

2 scrambled eggs, with pico de gallo, refried beans, 3 strips of bacon, 2 homemade flour tortillas topped with chile con queso.

I'll give ya good egg dish. Get some eggs, a pack of Johnsonville chorizo, frozen diced potatoes and Mission "Fluffy" flour tortillas. Then have your Mexican wife cook that shit up. Top with your favorite hot sauce (I like Cholula, the flavorful hot sauce with the iconic wooden cap).

Enjoy!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:36 pm 
Site Admin

have you ever tried valentina? that's some damn good hot sauce.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:50 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Yup, we keep a bottle of that, too. For snack time (i.e., gaming) I mix crushed spicy nacho cheese Doritos and dry roasted peanuts with a bit of Valentina's. Damn good shit right there and it also ensures I will remain a fatass for the foreseeable future.

We also keep Tobasco, Louisiana and Tapatio sauces on hand. We put it on popcorn, pizza, whatever.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:17 pm 

I think the Cabana meal is more simple than that.

Scrambled eggs, bacon, grilled onions. Heat up a little bit of Rotel and Mission cheese and pour over the eggs.

Chomp.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:41 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I tried a burrito at Moe's for the first time. It was ok, but this is a new Moe's in Addison and they might not have their shit worked out yet. Everything was a little flavorless, but I liked some of the options for my burrito, like mushrooms. The guy who made my burrito was named Chuy. I suspect he was gay. The cashier was Cathy. She had wide hips, but was friendly.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:27 pm 

I ate at a new place in the Lakewood shopping center today called Unleavened. Did you know unleavened bread is the bread of affliction? It has something to do with those Old Testament Israelites. There was no time to use yeast or something. Anywho, I was less than enthusiastic about a wrap place. Wraps are usually low on the list of best sammiches. This place ain't no Roly Poly tho. Holy moly, it was good. I had some fried shrimp wrap, forget the name. It was the size of a Freebird and stuffed with a lot of good stuff. It came with 1 side. I chose grilled corn. It was topped with sprinkles of Cojita cheese. Here's another fun betcha didn't know: the j in Cojita is pronounced like it's an h, like co-he-tuh and not co-jI-tah. Words. Crazy huh? I also paid extra for a side of fruit. That's right, I didn't bat an eye at an extra 3 buckaroos. No worthless melon or apple fillers either. Would eat here again.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:07 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Railway Cafe in Athens. Pretty good little place. I had some kind of grilled fish thing on top of brussels sprouts. My customer and I both dig it, I think you will too.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:54 am 

Trader Joe's sell bags of shelled peanuts that are unsalted and roasted. They're really good as is, but last night I got the idea to put them on a cookie sheet and roast them to darker and more bitter heights of taste. They were even more delicious. Smelled great too. I could not regulate myself and ate all of them. I wasn't even really hungry. It upset the Captain's biorhythms as well. He still visited, but peanut poops are sticky hot and bad wipe experiences.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:21 pm 

Shepherd's Pie

Twist: a big sneeze came upon me out of no where while chewing. I had a mouthful of food and kind of panicked. The sneeze momentum could not be curtailed but I was able to thwart most of its force by keeping my mouth mostly shut. I did feel a surge of power in my nostrils and also my ears. I blew my nose and out came a little green pea. No food was ejected from my ears. Do you mix green peas with mashed potatoes or rice? I sure do.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:49 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I mix corn with my mashed potatoes.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:08 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

When eating Tex-Mex, do you mix you refried beans with your rice and attack that shit with tortilla chips? I do. I usually some salsa to the mix. I'm fat.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:15 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Fuck yeah rice n beans this ain't amateur hour.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:17 pm 
Site Admin

Big time side item mixer here

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:08 am 
I'm a tool.

make sure chew very well if you mix corn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:59 am 
Site Admin

I'm pretty meh on refried beans and usually skip them since I fill up on chips and hot sauce. I'd rather have some charro beans or something like that. The gloria's bean dip is also a good.

When eating chips and salsa I try and get the maximum amount of salsa on my chip as possible unless the salsa is really hot then I wimp out and just dip it in and out.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:19 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

fruitdog wrote:
The gloria's bean dip is also a good.

:babyarm:

Other alternative Tex Mex dips that I approve of:

1. the salsa verde at Abuelo's
2. the heated salsa at Mercado Juarez

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:30 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

bigboy wrote:
fruitdog wrote:
The gloria's bean dip is also a good.

:babyarm:

Other alternative Tex Mex dips that I approve of:

1. the salsa verde at Abuelo's
2. the heated salsa at Mercado Juarez

The warm salsa at La Jaivita cannot be beat.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 55  Next