Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Was this informative?
Yes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
What the fuck is a watermelon seed Ribbit?! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1
 Post subject: JayInGrapevine's Fishing Blog
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:29 am 

Saturday Morning 10-15-05
Hit Ray Robert at around 6:45am. Launched out of Buck Creek and headed back west. The best pattern of the day was early on a watermelon seed stanley ribbit throwing almost to the bank and dragging across the thick hydrilla beds. Bass would crack it as soon as it came to the edge of a pocket. Caught 6 decent fish, one that went over five. Good tourney fish. After sun-up, fishing was sparse; no real pattern. Caught 3 on a white Creme wackey worm. One out of the old tank on the north side of buck creek, two by the train bridge. Last fish of the day came on an orange and black tiki stick fished in pockets of the hydrilla. I'm most proud of the fish that are hardest to catch and I busted my ass for that fucker. Missed another bite, but it was probably small. Tried fishing a few of the humps for some better quality fish but couldn't get anything going. Finished the morning with 10 boated and a few missed but I'm not too down because none of the misses appeared to be very big. If you want the name of the creek and location, message me. It's fairly hidden and a hassle to get to but it produces some very good fish in a hurry. If anyone is looking for a non-boater and wants to win the Kiss My Bass tourney that The Ticket is having, let me know and we can take it pretty easily.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:47 am 

Saturday Morning 10-22-05
About to hit lake Grapevine in a few hours. I don't sleep anymore, so I'm pretty much just setting the format here.
Plan - Hit vegetation and timber early with soft plastics and top waters. Looking for numbers here and not expecting much size. After sun up, move to rock piles and cut banks. Crankbait, jerkbaits and spinner baits. Still looking for numbers but the cut banks might have some decent sized fish. Once the sun has been up for a while, hit the humps and long points. Carolina rigging with finesse worms and deep diving cranks. Maybe counting down rattle traps. Heres where we're looking for bigger fish. In tournament terms "A kicker". You have to be sure to get a limit first, then start worrying about size.
God damn, I'm way too into this shit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:01 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

fishing = gay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:26 pm 

Update
Just got back from the lake. High barometric pressure is a really motherfucker when you're talking about fishing. The prettiest days of the year are the worst for fishing. I still managed to catch a few decent fish. One nice largemouth, maybe 3lbs, but a very nice 2lb Kentucky. Both came on a chartreuse spinnerbait with a white trailer. The KB was smaller, but by kentucky bass standards, that's really big. Anyways, I caught a few other dinks that were in the slot limit. I talked to a guy fishing a tourney out there and they were skunked so far. Good to know I wasted a good weigh-in bag this morning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:10 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sagger Pance wrote:
fishing = gay