Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 885 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ichabod's Dementia-like Ramblings
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:34 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I'll jack to either.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:30 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Okay, finally got the title from my buddy today. Will get the bike tagged this week and start riding legally.

"A free society endangers us, without doubt. It is our Achilles Heel, and our glory. It is the risk we take…. Did so many Americans give up their lives to save our freedom so that we could give up our freedom to save our lives?" … Neil Steinberg

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:10 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/arch ... rders.html

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:04 pm 
I'm a tool.

He makes a good point.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:13 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Stu wrote:
http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/07/catholic-bishop-in-ohio-orders.html

The good bishop ought to be more concerned with figuring out a way to keep his priests' penises out of the asses of their altar boys. That would be a more productive use of his time. :bananaf:

"A free society endangers us, without doubt. It is our Achilles Heel, and our glory. It is the risk we take…. Did so many Americans give up their lives to save our freedom so that we could give up our freedom to save our lives?" … Neil Steinberg

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:42 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I'm in shock watching this train wreck being called the MDA Telethon! It's on Channel 21 for only 6 hours this evening only with no Jerry Lewis.

The local hosts are STRUGGLING! I'm aghast! :cry:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:08 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

The local telecast has 16 phones set up at the channel 21 studio. I've only seen as many as three being answered at the same time!

When this was held over in Grand Prairie, I have been on phone number 99 and still gotten calls. Say what you will about Mike Snyder, but he really knew how to generate an air of excitement during the local telecast. The hosts this year are rookies AND IT SHOWS!

I know the dirty secret is that most of the money "raised" during the telethon is already donated through corporate and fire department fund raising, but still and well I can't help but think I'm witnessing the death knell of the telethon.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:38 pm 
I'm a tool.

And it's not in HD

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:15 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Welp, my plantar fasciitis in my left foot has kept me of the running paths or the better part of 2011! In fact, I've only run one 10K race earlier this year. Physical Therapy, cortizone shots in the heel, nor rest have really seemed to help. Doctors keep telling me this takes time.

Meantime, I've gained weight like the prize winning sow at the county fair! Time to do SOMETHING, so win lose or draw, I'm starting the Insanity program in the morning. I'll obviously have to adjust to accommodate my foot, but at least I'll be active. So, 63 days from in the morning I hope to find some semblance of an ab muscle!

Prepared my food for tomorrow, got all my supplements resupplied and protein powder and blender at the ready. Wish me luck. :fist:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:17 pm 

Oh no, Uncle Ich.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:31 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

You know you're old when Hoob calls you uncle.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:06 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Ichabod wrote:
Welp, my plantar fasciitis in my left foot has kept me of the running paths or the better part of 2011! In fact, I've only run one 10K race earlier this year. Physical Therapy, cortizone shots in the heel, nor rest have really seemed to help. Doctors keep telling me this takes time.

Meantime, I've gained weight like the prize winning sow at the county fair! Time to do SOMETHING, so win lose or draw, I'm starting the Insanity program in the morning. I'll obviously have to adjust to accommodate my foot, but at least I'll be active. So, 63 days from in the morning I hope to find some semblance of an ab muscle!

Prepared my food for tomorrow, got all my supplements resupplied and protein powder and blender at the ready. Wish me luck. :fist:

Have you been to Ideal Feet?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:58 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Week 1
Day 1 of 63

Did day one of Insanity with the fitness test. Had to accommodate for the foot so no heavy jumping. Otherwise, did pretty well.

1439 total calories today.
57% Protein
35% Carbs
8% Fat

Up and at em again in the morning.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:14 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Stop the insanity!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:46 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Week 1
Day 2 of 63

1570 calories

Proteins 44%
Carbs 47%
Fat 9%

Shit day at work, but I got the workout in...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:17 pm 

:fist:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:29 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Picked up Ich Jr from college last night and stopped for Dad/Son dinner on the way home. It was nice to have some one on one time.

Ichette arrived at the house last night as well, so the whole family is together.

Just prepped the turkey and got it in the oven. Mrs. Ich was getting ready to leave to teach her exercise class. She hurried out the door because she knew she was at risk wearing yoga pants in front of me while I'm working with virgin olive oil! :twisted:

Hope all of you enjoy your Thanksgiving day! :fist:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:38 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Ichabod wrote:
She hurried out the door because she knew she was at risk wearing yoga pants in front of me while I'm working with virgin olive oil! :twisted:

Stay seedy, old man! ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:16 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

So, how's 2012 starting out for ya?

Take Ich Jr back to college on Sunday. Move him back into the dorm and buy overpriced books. Ichette will be completing her degree thus semester and graduate in June! Truthfully, never thought I'd see the day. She's truly my karma kid. After she graduates, i'm immediately stopping all funding and presenting her a bill for $75 for the red-light ticket I received in the mail from Arlington.

Taking Becky to The Granada in March to see Colin Hay. I really enjoy The Granada. It's a great venue for music. Not a bad seat in the place. Saw Little Feat, The Drive By Truckers and Jason Isbell there last year. Always a good time.

Christmas Eve marked the 30 year anniversary of my proposal to Mrs. Ich... Smartest thing I ever did as a young adult. Amazing that this August will mark our third decade as a married couple.... Damn!

No New Year's resolutions this year other than to post more on the forum.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:46 pm 
I'm a tool.

you fund their college?!?!?

*orders more batting lesson for bo jackson*

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:29 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

A coyote posed like a greyhound on the side of a bus in front of my windshield this morning on the way to work! Woke me right up! Had to tap the brake in order not to hit him and was fortunate not have been rear ended by the tailgater behind me!

Also, found .03 toward the Mrs. Ich Xmas fund at the 7-11 parking lot. Thank you Jesus! (the landscaper, not the deity)

Starting out to be an interesting day.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 12:54 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Huge emotional day at the Ichabod household yesterday. My oldest, Ichette, graduated from UTA's school of nursing! :dance: She is now a graduate nurse and will sit for her boards in June in order to become an RN.

Can't tell you how proud I am of her as she took the difficult path to get here.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 2:50 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Mission accomplished. Job well done.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 3:47 pm 
I'm a tool.

A hot chick with a good paying job. Sounds like a future wife of a p1

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 5:00 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I've always had a thing for nurses.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 6:42 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

cap wrote:
A hot chick with a good paying job. Sounds like a future wife of a p1

Or an it manager.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 7:46 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Ich you must be quite the proud papa! Congrats!

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:38 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sweet Greggo wrote:
Ich you must be quite the proud papa! Congrats!

:babyarm:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:30 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Welp, Mrs. Ich turned 50 last Friday. I've spent the last three days spoiling her with dinners and presents and all manner of somesuch. Been a fun three days, but it's back to the grindstone tomorrow. We're both exhausted.

Oh, and before Terd asks... even though she's now 50 she doesn't taste any different! :twisted:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:20 pm 

Ichabod wrote:
Welp, Mrs. Ich turned 50 last Friday. I've spent the last three days spoiling her with dinners and presents and all manner of somesuch. Been a fun three days, but it's back to the grindstone tomorrow. We're both exhausted.

Oh, and before Terd asks... even though she's now 50 she doesn't taste any different! :twisted:

:D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:21 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

chicken?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:36 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

July 3, 1981.... Today is the 31 year anniversary of the day I found out that Mrs. Ich had an epileptic pootah! :twisted:

Married her the next year and been enjoying it ever since. :bananaf:

My bedroom armament...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:30 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

:D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:31 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Today is a good day! Took Mrs. ich to see Lindsey Buckingham in concert in McKnney last night. Woke up this morning drove into work and turned in my 2 week notice much to the chagrin of my newest boss...

Start my new job in 2 weeks on my birthday!

Spending the day with Mrs. Ich which will more than likely culminate with geriatric sex!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:05 pm 

Ichabod wrote:
Today is a good day! Took Mrs. ich to see Lindsey Buckingham in concert in McKnney last night. Woke up this morning drove into work and turned in my 2 week notice much to the chagrin of my newest boss...

Spending the day with Mrs. Ich which will more than likely culminate with geriatric sex!

:babyarm: seeing Lindsey tonight

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:23 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Ichabod wrote:

Who changes jobs more, Ich or Walt?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:43 pm 
I'm a tool.

Or somey with his notes

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:43 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

TerdFerguson wrote:
Ichabod wrote:

Careful, you're on the fast track to Unfriendland.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:51 am 
Site Admin

cap wrote:
Or somey with his notes

Notes?

My job will probably get outsourced (and done poorly) if your boy gets elected, so look for another one in 2013 (unless the Mayans were right).

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:51 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sweet Greggo wrote:
TerdFerguson wrote:
Ichabod wrote:

I think the next part is where Terd mentions he doesn't know what you're talking about but it sounds gay.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:58 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Tit Whistle wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
TerdFerguson wrote:
Ichabod wrote:

I think the next part is where Terd mentions he doesn't know what you're talking about but it sounds gay.

Not many people know about Unfriendland (pop. 1). :/

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:14 am 

Ichabod wrote:
Took Mrs. ich to see Lindsey Buckingham in concert in McKnney last night.

His Fort Worth show was really good. He was really into it and was very gracious and engaged with the audience. Never Going Back Again particularly rawked. Now that I'm older I also really appreciate a seated show that starts promptly in the 7 pm range and wraps it up by 9:30. I was tempted to get Dwight Yoakum tickets at Billy Bob's about 3 weeks ago but it didn't start til 10:30. uh. so late. Lindsey's show put me in Fleetwood Mac mode on Sat. Even downloaded his Seeds We Sow effort from like a year ago. It's ok but his voice is eerily Melissa Etheridgey in places and is folksy in a music for lesbians way.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 885 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next