Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 885 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ichabod's Dementia-like Ramblings
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:06 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

or somesuch wrote:
How did you become such a stud?

Genetics :dunno:

"A free society endangers us, without doubt. It is our Achilles Heel, and our glory. It is the risk we take…. Did so many Americans give up their lives to save our freedom so that we could give up our freedom to save our lives?" … Neil Steinberg

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:45 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Well, I finished the Dallas Whiterock Marathon in 4:22:58. I wanted to finished in under 4 hours, but the wind today was gusting up to 30 miles per hour. Running around the backside of the lake was punishing. I finished 1653 overall and 205 in my age group (M 45-49). So all in all, I'm pretty happy. :razz:

I don't mind telling you that the legs are totally gone! :crutches: You all need to send your Unca Ich a get well soon card!

"A free society endangers us, without doubt. It is our Achilles Heel, and our glory. It is the risk we take…. Did so many Americans give up their lives to save our freedom so that we could give up our freedom to save our lives?" … Neil Steinberg

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:05 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Ichabod wrote:
Well, I finished the Dallas Whiterock Marathon in 4:22:58. I wanted to finished in under 4 hours, but the wind today was gusting up to 30 miles per hour. Running around the backside of the lake was punishing. I finished 1653 overall and 205 in my age group (M 45-49). So all in all, I'm pretty happy. :razz:

I don't mind telling you that the legs are totally gone! :crutches: You all need to send your Unca Ich a get well soon card!

You're a badass. :fist:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:38 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Okay, today has been pretty gross so far :puke:

First, the big toenail on the left Ich foot has turned black and started to separate from my toe! I can pull the left side up like a car hood! I'm thinking about going to one of the Asian shops for a pedicure and watch the place empty out like Godzilla's after them after I take off my shoe :twisted:

Second, Ich Jr had his wisdom teeth removed this morning. He's home now and I'm having to change his dressings every 2 hours. He's bleeding like it's the wrong week at the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants!
I just stuffed two teabags on either side of his mouth to see if that will slow down the blood flow. (Old country treatment)

Last edited by Ichabod on Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:40 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Ichabod wrote:

First, the big toenail on the left Ich foot has turned black and started to separate from my toe! I can pull the left side up like a car hood! I'm thinking about going to one of the Asian shops for a pedicure and watch the place empty out like Godzilla's after them after I take off my shoe :twisted:

This happened to me last DTs season. Just pull it off. It'll grow back.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:45 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Tit Whistle wrote:
Ichabod wrote:

Was this after you played outfield?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:56 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Stu wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:
Ichabod wrote:

I think it was the night we won both games. It happened running the bases.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:01 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Tit Whistle wrote:
Stu wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:
Ichabod wrote:

^gamer^

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:10 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Stu wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:
Stu wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:
Ichabod wrote:

^gamer^

^flamer^

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:35 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

We missed Rocco's birthday yesterday! Happy birthday Rocco.

Merry Xmas to everyone on the forum. I hope Santa was good to you all.

It was good to see Jeffy's post. I was wondering if he was going to renew or not. Now, we have another year of seediness and debauchery!

I am experiencing the circle of life as I type this. It's Xmas morning and the parents are up and around, while my kids are still sawing logs! As they get older, the thrill of Xmas evaporates.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:27 pm 

Ichabod wrote:
We missed Rocco's birthday yesterday! Happy birthday Rocco.

Merry Xmas to everyone on the forum. I hope Santa was good to you all.

It was good to see Jeffy's post. I was wondering if he was going to renew or not. Now, we have another year of seediness and debauchery!

I am experiencing the circle of life as I type this. It's Xmas morning and the parents are up and around, while my kids are still sawing logs! As they get older, the thrill of Xmas evaporates.

:babyarm: Thanks for the birthday wishes, Ich! I hope you and everyone here had a Merry Christmas!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:56 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

new book about the NSA will scare you shitless, Uncle Ich

The NSA is eavesdropping on every damned thing. Even if only 10% of this book is true, shit has gotten worse than I ever thought.
I know I've done my fair share of bullshit about politics, yelling n shit, but honest to God, THIS book will stop you in your tracks.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:16 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

rowdyhatinwalt wrote:

The NSA is eavesdropping on every damned thing. Even if only 10% of this book is true, shit has gotten worse than I ever thought.
I know I've done my fair share of bullshit about politics, yelling n shit, but honest to God, THIS book will stop you in your tracks.

:banghead: Okay, Xmas spirit is officially gone and you know I'm going to order this book and have a coronary! :superangry:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:57 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Ichabod wrote:
rowdyhatinwalt wrote:

:banghead: Okay, Xmas spirit is officially gone and you know I'm going to order this book and have a coronary! :superangry:

I am officially as scared/paranoid as you now, Ich. Seriously.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:36 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Happy New Year to All! Got to admit that 2009 is the first new year that my old ass has been awake for in the last 4 years! ;) Here's hoping 2009 is an absolute kickass year for everybody, as personally, I say good riddance to 2008. :fu: I'm tired of a tanking economy, killer earthquakes and hurricanes around the world and a 5 win season for the Tennessee Vols; just one disaster after another.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:43 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Well, the Ich family traveled to the AAC last night for our annual witnessing of Trans Siberian Orchestra in concert. I think this is our sixth year in a row. Never disappointing as the Les Paul's were wailing and the cute mini-skirted blondes were whipping their hair back and forth while belting out their songs. Simply an amazing show... I never realized one could actually rock while playing a cello!

Watched VH1s countdown to the 100 greatest Rock songs this week. It was based upon voting on the internet so the fact that Free Bird was number 26 will be forgiven. Still and well, the fact that Led Zeppelin and The Who were in the top ten shows that the VH1 audience is at least showing the proper respect.

I met Ichette's new boyfriend over the holidays. It turns out that I actually like this kid. Of course the bar was not set terribly high off the ground by her previous boyfriend. This new kid seems to actually have a plan for his life that actually looks past this coming Friday night, (He's a private pilot studying for his commercial license), and he appears to adore Ichette... I did explain to him that I recently finished a marathon, so if he hurt my daughter, that I would be able to eventually chase him down and reek a swift and painful revenge :twisted: We understand one another now.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:01 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Shouldn't be long before Ichette's in the Mile High Club.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:37 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Tit Whistle wrote:

I'm sorry, Ich, but :D :D :D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:16 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Tit Whistle wrote:

:D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:37 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Okay, I am calmed down enough to type this now...

My Good Puppy Dog has died. :sad:

After my last post on Sunday morning I went downstairs to change his water and refill his supper dish. He's normally waiting on me at the backdoor. But, this time he wasn't. This time he was laying in the yard at the back corner of the fence. He apparently laid down to go to sleep and never woke up. He looked peaceful.

Funny thing is, I didn't think I particularly liked this dog. In fact, I didn't want him to begin with..... All Ichette wanted for her 12th birthday was a dog. I said no, but was overruled by Mrs. Ich and found myself at the McKinney Animal Shelter. There, we chose a Chow/Shepherd mix puppy because he appeared to be the only dog there not barking its damn head off.

We brought him home and presented him to Ichette to her delight. I read her the riot act and explained to her that I was not to know the dog was here. Translation; She feeds and waters him, cleans up after him, bathes him and walks him. And she did. They became close to the point that he was basically a one person dog. He and I barely tolerated one another. When I went into the backyard, I was always viewed with suspicion and I pretty much ignored him.

But, little girls grow up, graduate and leave home. Most times they do not leave with a full grown 60 pound mutt. Ichette was no exception. So, it fell to me to start taking care of the feeding and watering. At first, I did so grudgingly, and the dog would retreat to the back of the yard until I had changed his dishes. But slowly, both of our attitudes begin to change.

Before long he understood that I was the food person now and his retreats became shorter and shorter - until, one day, he didn't retreat at all. He just stood there and when I looked up at him after setting down his dish, his tail was wagging. It wasn't love at first sight, but from that day on he required an ear scratch or a neck rub at each feeding, and so, without me really realizing it at the time, he became MY dog.

But now he's gone, and every time I walk into the kitchen I still catch myself looking to the back door to see if he's peering in between the blinds waiting on me. :sad:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:58 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

awww. That sucks, Ich.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:40 am 
Site Admin

That's a tough thing dude. :sad: Seriously. A good puppy dog is a hard thing to lose.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:25 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

That sucks, Ich. :sad:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:28 am 

:dep: Damn man.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:24 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Ich, I know what you are going through. My thoughts are with you guys.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:41 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sorry for your loss, Ich. :(

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:19 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

This is worse than when vbear sold Mikey to a family of Negroes. :sad:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:21 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

STOP THAT! I actually saw him last week and he's loving life. Sorry about your families loss, Ich.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:55 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

vbear wrote:
STOP THAT! I actually saw him last week and he's loving life. Sorry about your families loss, Ich.

YOU GAVE MIKEY TO A BUNCH OF SCHWARTZES?!?!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:12 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

rowdyhatinwalt wrote:
vbear wrote:

They live in Joshua. Think about that for a minute.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:30 pm 

vbear wrote:
rowdyhatinwalt wrote:
vbear wrote:

Karl Malone black?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:36 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Spam wrote:
vbear wrote:
rowdyhatinwalt wrote:
vbear wrote:

Karl Malone black?
I don't think i've ever seen a black in Joshua.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:55 pm 
I'm a tool.

vbear wrote:
Spam wrote:
vbear wrote:
rowdyhatinwalt wrote:
vbear wrote:

Karl Malone black?

do they have restaurants?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:02 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

vbear wrote:
Spam wrote:
vbear wrote:
rowdyhatinwalt wrote:
vbear wrote:

Karl Malone black?

There aren't any hangin' from a Joshua tree?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:05 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

i see what you did there.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:08 pm 
Site Admin

Tit Whistle wrote:
There aren't any hangin' from a Joshua tree?

winner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:02 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Well, the obstacle course that is the Ich life continues.......

New job has been a roller coaster. A week after I was hired my boss became my cohort and we both reported to a new VP. Two weeks after that my old boss is gone. A week after that 23 people, including one more from my department, are laid-off! :eek: Still, gotta say that 2009 is still my year. Any other year Ich would have been out on his ass! Stay tuned.

It was national signing day for high school football last week. Tennessee did okay. It appears we really concentrated on the defensive side of the ball with plenty of Linebackers and DBs signed. We'll see how it pans out in a couple of years. Meantime, you gotta love the absolute cockiness that has been Lane Kiffin. I know its talk for the alumni and contributors, but he makes it known he expects to kick Meyer's ass at Florida and Saban's ass at Alabama this coming season. I know its not realistic, but it does excite the Ich weinie to hear! :babyarm: Also, love the fact that he has snaked the top recruiters from South Carolina and Alabama. That gets us competitive immediately with regard to recruiting in the SEC.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:10 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

top three things in Ich's life (in this order):
SEC football
job
Mrs. Ich's ass.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:13 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

rowdyhatinwalt wrote:
top three things in Ich's life (in this order):
SEC football
job
Mrs. Ich's ass.

Very astute Walt, as they are all inter-related:

SEC football = :weenie:
job = keeping Mrs. Ich in shoes, therefore happy
Mrs. Ich's ass = something to do with my :weenie:

It's the circle of life :babyarm:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:39 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

My Favorite Westerns (in no particular order)

The Outlaw Josey Wales
Unforgiven
True Grit
Little Big Man
Silverado
Dances with Wolves

My Favorite Guilty Pleasures (I stop down when I'm flipping channels)

Urban Cowboy - The saga of Bud and Cissy centered around a mechanical bull!
Roadhouse - Patrick Swayze and Sam Elliott kicking some ass.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:01 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Well, I bought into the hype of the infomercial and completed my first week of P90X. That's right, your Unca Ich has decided to "Bring It!" [crosses arms into an "X"]

I can report that I'm sore as hell, but that I have lost 6 lbs in 6 days. I have the advantage of working at a company that has a gym no one uses, so I have the place to myself in the mornings. They have an "assisted weight" pull-up machine, otherwise I could probably do about three pull-ups and be done for the day. Push-Ups are okay, I've always been able to pop off push-ups. Pull-Ups..... not so much.

I'm interested to see how many I'll be able to do at day 90.

"Growing older" is not the same as "getting old."

Last edited by Ichabod on Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:57 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Is that stuff the "cream" or the "clear"?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 885 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 22  Next