Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 11:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 885 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ichabod's Dementia-like Ramblings
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:47 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Great day in Arlington on Sunday.... No, no not the Cowboys win. Ich Jr received his BS degree in Business Administration majoring in Operations Management. It was a proud moment in meh life watching him cross the stage. :dance:

It brought tears to my eyes when as my family was cheering, that, upon seeing him roll out onto the stage, the entire auditorium erupted with applause! I'm welling up again... Post Amongst yourselves

"A free society endangers us, without doubt. It is our Achilles Heel, and our glory. It is the risk we take…. Did so many Americans give up their lives to save our freedom so that we could give up our freedom to save our lives?" … Neil Steinberg

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:18 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Awesome, Ich! Hopefully it won't be long before he's bossing around dumbasses like me.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:35 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Congrats, Ich!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:02 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

That's awesome, Ich! That's a great accomplishment, especially with all he's been through in his life. You should be extra proud.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:12 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I would have bawled like a baby. Congrats, Ich!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:13 am 

Really happy for ya, Ich.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:38 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

You're a good dad Ich

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:25 pm 
I'm a tool.

Another UTA alumn. Tell him I'm collecting money to start up the football program again. So far, I have $10.74.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:45 pm 
Site Admin

Ha, even UT-San Antonio has a football team now.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:55 pm 
I'm a tool.

fruitdog wrote:
Ha, even UT-San Antonio has a football team now.

I know. I saw that in the news a few weeks ago. :sad: 'un breaaaak my heart!'

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:05 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I'm so out of touch.... I just now found out that Mark Elfenbein has left The Ticket and is now on The Fan... Not a smart career move in my opinion.

Cooked a 23 pound turkey to feed 15 yesterday at a friend's house. That is the perfect scenario; bring food, serve food, leave food and go home to collapse!

Mrs. Ich was most excellent giving me a new pair of cowboy boots and 3 new Drive By Trucker CDs... After the kids leave, I plan on listening to the CDs and wearing the boots while riding her around the house! Yippee Chi Yay!

Day after Christmas, so all decorations will be coming down today. Gotta get the house back to looking normal.

"A free society endangers us, without doubt. It is our Achilles Heel, and our glory. It is the risk we take…. Did so many Americans give up their lives to save our freedom so that we could give up our freedom to save our lives?" … Neil Steinberg

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:21 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

a 23 pounder? How long did that take to cook, 6 hours?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:04 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Ichabod wrote:
Mrs. Ich was most excellent giving me a new pair of cowboy boots and 3 new Drive By Trucker CDs... After the kids leave, I plan on listening to the CDs and wearing the boots while riding her around the house! Yippee Chi Yay!

Your seediest moment yet.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:58 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Tit Whistle wrote:
Ichabod wrote:

Your seediest moment yet.

:cool: Victoreh!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:00 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sweet Greggo wrote:
a 23 pounder? How long did that take to cook, 6 hours?

Soaked it a couple of times in the sink to ensure that it was truly defrosted.

325 for 4 hours.

Rubbed it with Virgin Olive Oil and sage, then

Stuffed it with 2 red delicious apples and sealed it in an oven bag to ensure that it stayed moist.

One of my best yet.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:31 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Ichabod wrote:
I'm so out of touch.... I just now found out that Mark Elfenbein has left The Ticket and is now on The Fan... Not a smart career move in my opinion.

Work Sunday mornings or 11-2 with Josh Lewin....give me mid-days with Lewin. Josh is good and he's getting better exposure and more pay. Mind you I think Elf is mediocre as best but as far as career moves, I think it was good on his part. Just sayin.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:14 am 
I'm a tool.

My wife loves 'The Jew Boys Show'.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:14 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

TerdFerguson wrote:
Ichabod wrote:

Work Sunday mornings or 11-2 with Josh Lewin....give me mid-days with Lewin. Josh is good and he's getting better exposure and more pay. Mind you I think Elf is mediocre as best but as far as career moves, I think it was good on his part. Just sayin.

I think he does real estate or something so he can probably still do that gig around this schedule. I hope he does well (but not TOO well and hurt the Ticket ;) ) and Josh too. It's good to see Josh get a steady gig.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:17 pm 
I'm a tool.

Thumbprints, ID required for the sale of ammunition:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:14 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Well if you aren't shooting anything wrong you don't have anything to worry about.

Actually, I like this idea. Also etch every casing with a serial number. That way when they find shells at a crime scene, they'll have an idea of where to start investigating.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:48 am 
I'm a tool.

Sweet Greggo wrote:
Well if you aren't shooting anything wrong you don't have anything to worry about.

Actually, I like this idea. Also etch every casing with a serial number. That way when they find shells at a crime scene, they'll have an idea of where to start investigating.

when will it stop?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:05 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

After the bullet goes through the head?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:54 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

You will calmly know when the bullet hits the bone.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:57 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Taking Trey to the cardiologist this afternoon. This is his standard check-up, but I still get tight booty syndrome before each of these visits...

A week from Monday I'm heading down to Monterrey for 2 weeks for my company's launch. Cartel jokes aside I'm really not that worried about it, but Mrs. Ich is going to be a basket case until I get home safely. After 28 years I'm glad that she still worries about me instead of giving me the big Meh!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:35 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Hope everything is alright at the doc.

My mother-in-law just got back from Monterrey. She said everyone is aware of the cartel problem but people try to ignore it for the most part. Just be smart about where you go, what time you stay out, etc and you should be fine.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:47 am 
I'm a tool.

Ichabod wrote:
Taking Trey to the cardiologist this afternoon. This is his standard check-up, but I still get tight booty syndrome before each of these visits...

A week from Monday I'm heading down to Monterrey for 2 weeks for my company's launch. Cartel jokes aside I'm really not that worried about it, but Mrs. Ich is going to be a basket case until I get home safely. After 28 years I'm glad that she still worries about me instead of giving me the big Meh!

she should take a big policy out on you

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:31 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Survived week one of the Ichabod Mexican Adventure... Launch is set for tomorrow and I got all the products, kits and packs in place in three different cities. This has been quite a challenge due to the EXCESSIVE regulations that one must deal with through various Mexican authorities.

Got done about 2:00 PM yesterday and walked across the street from the hotel to the mall to get something to eat and check out the dark haired senoritas in denim and knee high boots. (Very nice look) Phone rings and its my conatact in Mexico City wanting to know where the plastic shopping bags for the storefront were??? Really? You are setting up a storefront and don't think about fricking bags until the day before you open? So, I spent the next 3 hours on the phone getting fricking shopping bags with our logo flown from the Dallas to Guadalajara to clear customs, then puddle jump shipments to Mexico City and Monterrey! What a fricking waste of profits.

Been working at our 3PL partner's distribution center all week. Noticed that it is customary for the men to greet a woman associate by giving her a tender kiss on the cheek very close to the lips! I witnessed this for the first time outside their facility and thought that I hope that their HR Manager doesn't see this... Turns out the chick getting the smooch was the HR Manager. Mexico defintely has differnet customs.

Food has been good, but unidentifiable at times. The breakfast bar contains many strange concoctions that taste okay. I've probably been eating Soylent Green all week. If so, I don't really want to know.

Ran this morning through the streets of San Pedro which is northwest Monterrey. Beautiful scene as the sun rose and reflected off the mountains.

Have not witnessed any violence, but each local that I've ridden with has cuationed me to stay out of Old Town in Monterrey. I'm heeding their advice.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:10 pm 

Interesting entry, Ich. Glad you are doing ok down there.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:17 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

The dichotomy of Mexico is interesting. On the one hand, you have businesses such as Home Depot, WalMart, Mary Kay, 7-11, Applebees, Chilis and many more that are seen any any Dallas suburb. Yet, you will see the tar paper shack set up selling fruits and vegetables, people wiping down your windshield at any stop light for a few pesos, folks sweeping up the curb with a straw broom on a road as busy as Preston or be held up in your taxi because you're behind a horse drawn wagon.

Mexico is a stark example of haves and have nots. Our have nots need to travel down here to see how fortunate they truly are. It also drives home the reason we have so many people crossing the border. Tis better to be a have not in the US than be a have not down here.

Sobering visuals.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:58 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Got home safely from Mexico last night.... Mrs. Ich met me at the door, so I snuck attacked her and we spent the next hour making passionate love... Well, technically we spent the next seven minutes making passionate love and then she spent the next 53 minutes furiously brushing her teeth while I laid in bed and watched Sports Center.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:09 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

7 minutes? Not bad.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:37 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Post-coital Sports Center > spooning

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:47 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I see someone brought home Spanish Fly with him.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:24 am 
I'm a tool.

Study puts spotlight on red-light cameras http://usat.me?43126112

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:56 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

cap wrote:
Study puts spotlight on red-light cameras http://usat.me?43126112

My favorite paragraph from the article...

"Doing nothing is better than putting up cameras," says Greg Mauz, a researcher for the Best Highway Safety Practices Institute, which studies traffic-safety laws. "There are about 700 additional deaths since cameras have proliferated, from 2001 on. The whole idea that cameras can prevent fatalities and crashes is total nonsense."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:17 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Brought Ich Jr home yesterday from grad school for the weekend. First time I've seen him in three weeks due to weather and travels. I think that is a record. As testament to him growing into an adult, he was unimpressed with our reunion...

Took him to downtown McKinney to pick out the matting and frame for his undergrad degree. Money well spent! It was nice to see a hint of excitement in his otherwise stoic personality...

Mrs. Ich is looking forward to the Oscars tonight. She loves the gala and pageantry of the red carpet and the opening numbers. I like the actual awards and the tribute segment, although it is sobering that I now recognize almost every person that shows up on the tribute clip...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:13 am 
I'm a tool.

OMG!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:45 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Happy birthday to Jerry Lewis. Jerry is 85 today. He has been hosting the MDA Telethon for 45 years and raised over $1.6 BILLION benefiting the Muscular Dystrophy Association. Jerry is a definite good.

Little Feat will be playing at the Grenada in June. Bought my tickets this week! Dixie Chicken, Let It Roll and Texas Twister are in my future!

Checked into getting tickets for Buffet, but it would have cost close to $300 for two tickets! Jimmy has got a racket going as he sells out Pizza Hut Park every year.

Working out with a trainer again. 5AM three times a week... Workouts are going well, but I'm really having to stay on the straight and narrow with the eating program. Hope to be able to start racing again in May.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:51 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

$150 for Jimmy Buffet? Does he know he's Jimmy Buffet?

The only way I'm paying that is if I know he's gonna try stage diving again.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:57 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

It's been a pretty good day. Your Unca Ich is getting back on a motorcycle! A buddy set me up with a 97 Honda Shadow 1100! It's styling is a Harley wannabe and looks quite similar to my Heritage Softail I had before moving to Texas.

My buddy adopted 2 kids 3 years ago and hasn't really ridden it since, so he called me to come get it! Picked it up with a UHaul this morning and took it to deep east Collin County to get road worthy once again... Can't wait to get back on the road. I dug all my old leathers out of the garage this morning! The only time I've been wearing chaps here lately is when I was chasing Mrs. Ich through the house! So, I guess I'll have to start wearing blue jeans under them again.

Pictures to follow once cleaned up...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:09 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Ride safe, Unca Ich!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:23 pm 

Pictures of what, the bike or you in the assless chaps?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 885 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next