Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Tue Jul 02, 2024 3:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 885 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ichabod's Dementia-like Ramblings
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:25 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Diello wrote:

Or try the Texas Legation.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:32 pm 

Diello wrote:

OMG thats hot!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:47 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Your Unca Ich had dinner at The Packhorse Pub this evening. Food was okay and I had fun listening to the locals and their dialects. They had music piped in and I was "exceedingly pleased" to hear the voice of one Mr. Ronnie Van Zant singing FREE BIRD! :rockon: Dinner got that much better....

If you are a dentist needing work, you need tp catch the next plane over here! That particular stereotype has legs. Good lord I've never seen so many broken pinao keys sticking out of people's mouths in my life!

The vocabulary is addictive. I walked into the pub this evening and addressed the bartender as "Mate" before I realized what I'd said. :oops: He didn't bat an eyeleash.

This is an egg eating society. At lunch today, my counterpart ordered ham and eggs, green peas and "chips." (French Fries to you unenlightened). They fry the eggs sunnnyside up and place it on top of a piece of city ham. It didn't strike me as gross. I like each of the foods, I'd just never consider eating them in combination.

Getting back to public airwaves, it is interesting to hear the language. On their version of "Big Brother" the F bomb is fired off nonchalantly. This is not cable. It's their public stations. Same story with their magazines. The paparazzi magazines freely show T and A in several different stories. Funny how we're considered the "progressive" nation.....

"A free society endangers us, without doubt. It is our Achilles Heel, and our glory. It is the risk we take…. Did so many Americans give up their lives to save our freedom so that we could give up our freedom to save our lives?" … Neil Steinberg

Last edited by Ichabod on Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:01 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Rode the train from Didcot into London this morning and spent the day. I went to Hyde Park, The Prince Albert Memorial, Big Ben, The Museum of Natural History and walked the theatre district.

Also had lunch at the Texas Embassy
I had some chicken fajitas and honest to goodness ICED TEA! I didn't realize how much I liked iced tea until I got over here. Thanks for the heads up Diello.

Saturday was tourist day in London, as there were people EVERYWHERE. The UK is also a country of immigrants. Under the EU agreement citiznes of multiple countries are free to come and go as they please. The African and the East Indian are big players as well. The hispanic seems to have not discovered the UK yet.

The train system in Lonodn is most excellent. I bought an all day pass and you can get to anywhere in London within an hour or less.

I walked around the town of Dicdot after I got back from London. I have noticed that the locals will not look you in the eye. They keep their heads down and go about their business. I even went out of my way to say hello to a few and they would just give a glance and keep going. I'm trying to be friendly here godammit!

"A free society endangers us, without doubt. It is our Achilles Heel, and our glory. It is the risk we take…. Did so many Americans give up their lives to save our freedom so that we could give up our freedom to save our lives?" … Neil Steinberg

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:54 am 

Followup report?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:32 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Well, your Unca Ich's overseas travel has come to an end. I arrived back in DFW last night after a grueling 10 hour flight that was babies crying intensive :mad: I know that ten hours on a plane is too much for infants and toddlers, but my patience was just wearing very thin as the little tikes seem to tag team each other and, as one wound down, another would pick up the screeching torch and continue the assault on my nerves. I'm getting one of those Bose noise free headphones for my next international foray.

As for the UK, I thoroughly enjoyed the visit and loved experiencing the history, but give me the good ole US of A any day...

The UK has one upped Texas ONLY in the area of the bathroom. They have the great sweet clean powerflush toilets. Toilets befitting the proper disposal of an Ichabod classic deuce. I'm not talking about out low pressure flushers that we have here in Texas; The type that merely spritzes an Ich Log with a fine spray of moisture in a weak attempt to transport it from the bowl.

I'm talking about the old school powerflushers that drop the lake levels a half a foot with each flush as my Ich remains flow through British pipes as if on a Colorado River raft ride through the rapids! It was glorious :grin:

Next trip should be South Africa in September... I'll keep you advised.

Last edited by Ichabod on Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:12 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

G'day mate.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:32 pm 

Ichabod wrote:
Well, your Unca Ich's overseas travel has come to an end. I arrived back in DFW last night after a grueling 10 hour flight that was babies crying intensive :mad: I know that ten hours on a plane is too much for infants and toddlers, but my patience was just wearing very thin as the little tikes seem to tag team each other and, as one wound down, another would pick up the screeching torch and continue the assault on my nerves. I'm getting one of those Bose noise free headphones for my next international foray.

As for the UK, I thoroughly enjoyed the visit and loved experiencing the history, but give me the good ole US of A any day...

The UK has one upped Texas ONLY in the area of the bathroom. They have the great sweet clean powerflush toilets. Toilets befitting the proper disposal of an Ichabod classic deuce. I'm not talking about out low pressure flushers that we have here in Texas; The type that merely spritzes an Ich Log with a fine spray of moisture in a weak attempt to transport it from the bowl.

I'm talking about the old school powerflushers that drop the lake levels a half a foot with each flush as my Ich remains flow through British pipes as if on a Colorado River raft ride through the rapids! It was glorious :grin:

Next trip should be South Africa in September... I'll keep you advised.

I may have missed this, but did you figure out how many holes it takes to fill the Albert Hall? I'd love to turn you onnnnnnnn.....

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:41 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Welp, it's that time of year again. That time to marvel that Mrs. Ich has put up with me for another full year..... That's right kids, the Ichabods are celebrating their 27th anniversary today. :shock: Just typing that number makes me feel old!

I comfort myself by telling people I got married when I was twelve

Getting ready to take her to the nice overpriced restaurant for dinner followed by the geriatric sex.... Wish me luck!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:50 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Congrats Ich. Might want to save some of that money to pay for some fatass who didn't take care of themself to go to the doctor instead of watching what they eat and working out like you do.

Ken Langone, co-founder of Home Depot summed it up best:

My next-door neighbor watches his weight. He swims. He runs every day. He takes care of himself. I come home. I have four beers. I eat a big bowl of pasta. I have a nice big piece of strawberry shortcake. And then I go to bed.

I have got all kinds of weight problems. I'm an accident waiting to happen — diabetes, joint diseases, gout, you name it. This guy is healthy. This guy takes care of himself. Why — why should he subsidize my indifference to the things...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:40 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Back on schedule for my marathon training. We did twelve miles this morning. It was nice and cool and running to the lake made it that much more so.... Ran like a Kenyan with a lion on his ass.... :fist:

Got pulled over on the Dallas North Tollway on Wednesday. I was running 80 in a 70. Much to my surprise, the trooper let me go with a warning. He did tell me it was my FINAL warning as I've already had two previous warnings. I'm really making a concerted effort to drive the speed limit, but man it feels like a snail's pace.

My VP recently left the company for greener pastures. I met with her boss this week (Executive VP) in order to explain to him exactly what the hell it is I do.... Thought the meeting went well, but I'm always leery of the unknown. It will be interesting to see what changes he wants to make. Imagine; your Unca Ich sweating out a job situation :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:07 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Ichabod wrote:
My VP recently left the company for greener pastures. I met with her boss this week (Executive VP) in order to explain to him exactly what the hell it is I do.... Thought the meeting went well, but I'm always leery of the unknown. It will be interesting to see what changes he wants to make. Imagine; your Unca Ich sweating out a job situation :shock:

uh oh.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:58 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Well, we ran 16 miles this morning. I felt good despite straining my hamstring on Wednesday. I took it easy up until today and that apparently paid off.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:54 am 

:cool:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:13 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Well, no great shock here, your Unca Ich has a leg injury! No long runs for a while. It's the same calf I injured a couple of years back. I see physical therapy in my immediate future. Still penty of time to heel and make the race.

Taking a day off tomorrow to take Ich Jr down to Southwest Hospital. I think he's outgrown his wheelchair as he has discomfort complaints. It stands to reason since he's been using this chair for 7 years now. We'll get an assessment and find out what our options are.

My parents are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary next month. This is a comfort to your Unca Ich as I just turned 49! It would be embarrassing at this point to find out that I really am the bastard that Mrs. Ich has called me on several occasions during our own 27 years of bliss...... Still, I have to figure out some way to properly honor them from 1,000 miles away.....

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:49 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

US census worker hanging probed

Summary: US police are investigating the death of a man who was found hanged from a tree in rural Kentucky with the word "Fed" scrawled on his chest.

This is the area of the country I grew up in... Believe it or not, rednecks and hillbillies are alive and well in Kentucky, Tennessee and West Virginia and they will kill you! When I was working in a little town called Newport, TN, there were sections of the county that "outsiders" did not go to without being accompanied by a "local." This was so you didn't stumble across a still or weed farm and end up disappearing from the face of the earth.

Clay County, Kentucky is rural coal mining country sparsely populated with clannish people who have no interest in the "outside world" interfering in their business....

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:51 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Ichabod wrote:
US census worker hanging probed

Summary: US police are investigating the death of a man who was found hanged from a tree in rural Kentucky with the word "Fed" scrawled on his chest.

This is the area of the country I grew up in... Believe it or not, rednecks and hillbillies are alive and well in Kentucky, Tennessee and West Virginia and they will kill you! When I was working in a little town called Newport, TN, there were sections of the county that "outsiders" did not go to without being accompanied by a "local." This was so you didn't stumble across a still or weed farm and end up disappearing from the face of the earth.

Clay County, Kentucky is rural coal mining country sparsely populated with clannish people who have no interest in the "outside world" interfering in their business....

you misspelled "klannish".

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:07 pm 

cricket is like baseball but instead of batting for 3 outs your team bats all 27 outs and then other team takes it turn. i think?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:11 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Rockme wrote:
cricket is like baseball but instead of batting for 3 outs your team bats all 27 outs and then other team takes it turn. i think?

you take your black ass outta here, Shaft.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:53 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

God & Guns is being released in the morning. My Skynyrd weenie is nudging my underoos! :weenie:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:19 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Ichabod wrote:
God & Guns is being released in the morning. My Skynyrd weenie is nudging my underoos! :weenie:

Love the Southern Rock sound. No Sweet Home Alabama or Free Birds on this CD, but still love the sound of a slide on a Les Paul.... :)

Lynyrd Skynyrd rock out new album!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:25 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Well I began physical therapy on my leg today. I had my first session with the PT who is also a mid-twenties Hot! I'm confused as I was brought up believing that it was supposed to feel good when a girl rubbed your leg.... If this chick gets any rougher I'm going to make her start dressing in leather and request a rubber ball gag!

I spoke with my sainted mother yesterday. She was bragging that she passed her "license to carry" test and submitted her prints and paperwork for her carry permit. The ladies on the retired ladies tennis circuit had better watch their asses cause my mama WILL keep it real!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:38 pm 

Good for her.

I've tried to get my wife to go but she won't do it. It's an interesting view of the cross-section of Americana that you see at these classes. And no, there aren't many gun nuts there.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:02 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

To the lady that almost hit me with her Toyota Sequoia,

You remember. I was the guy in the Toyota Sienna van turning west (left) out of my neighborhood onto a three lane road. You were the driver rolling through the stop sign coming out of the opposite neighborhood turning right just a tad behind me. Unfortunately, your driving style and mine apparently clash as you feel a need to turn across three lanes to complete a right hand turn almost hitting me in the far left lane.

But, don't worry as I felt the heat of your upturned snout as you gave me the evil eye for occupying one of your precious lanes. I feel properly put in my place....

Since it's apparent that the turning radius of a Toyota Sequoia is similar to a Kenworth, might I suggest that you partake of a few exercises that might build your biceps and triceps to better handle the steering wheel. Nothing major mind you, just a few push-ups or curls. (Note: Lifting a spork full of KFC coleslaw out of your pint container does not count as a curl)

Good luck

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:42 am 

you can't fully enjoy food when you're driving. it is best to pull over

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:35 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I'm winding up the first season of Breaking Bad on the internet. Listening to Corby rave about it got me curious. Gotta say, I'm officially hooked.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:46 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Had another physical therapy session on my calf muscle last night. Jeez, but this is the most pain a girl has ever inflicted upon me without an ejactulation being involved!

Apparently, I've built up a great amount of scar tissue in my left calf that she is breaking up by applying deep tissue massages. I can't believe I'm paying her to do this!

With this post I'm only 40 away from overtaking The Chosen 1 for 22nd place. Look out Walt, I'm right behind you!

Last edited by Ichabod on Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:07 am 
I'm a tool.

Ichabod wrote:
Had another physical therapy session on my calf muscle last night.

gay

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:32 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Listening to The Orphanage this morning Davey formally announced that he has remarried. Congrats to him, I'm sure he'll have a better experience since he has a practice marriage in his past and, as we all know, practice makes perfect.

I bought Danny's CD and gave a listen last night. Gotta say, if you have any appreciation for "Old School" country music, you'll enjoy this CD. This is a reflective of the 70s and 80s sound - a lot of George Jones and Randy Travis influences.

As I type this I'm sitting in a barber shop while Ich Jr gets a haircut. I continually get annoyed by people who automatically assume since he's in a wheelchair that he's mentally challenged. Lady, he's not wearing a bib to catch his drool so ask HIM how he wants his hair cut.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:33 pm 
Site Admin

Ichabod wrote:
I'm sure he'll have a better experience since he has a practice marriage in his past and, as we all know, practice makes perfect.

Tap it. :(

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:20 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Ichabod wrote:
Listening to The Orphanage this morning Davey formally announced that he has remarried. Congrats to him, I'm sure he'll have a better experience since he has a practice marriage in his past and, as we all know, practice makes perfect.

I bought Danny's CD and gave a listen last night. Gotta say, if you have any appreciation for "Old School" country music, you'll enjoy this CD. This is a reflective of the 70s and 80s sound - a lot of George Jones and Randy Travis influences.

As I type this I'm sitting in a barber shop while Ich Jr gets a haircut. I continually get annoyed by people who automatically assume since he's in a wheelchair that he's mentally challenged. Lady, he's not wearing a bib to catch his drool so ask HIM how he wants his hair cut.

She assumed it from his retarded father.

jkjkjkjkjk

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:28 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

or somesuch wrote:
Ichabod wrote:
I'm sure he'll have a better experience since he has a practice marriage in his past and, as we all know, practice makes perfect.

Tap it. :(

Aw somey. :sad:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:11 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Ichabod wrote:
practice makes perfect.

:babyarm: I'm living proof!

Ichabod wrote:
Lady, he's not wearing a bib to catch his drool so ask HIM how he wants his hair cut.

You can't judge a book by it's cover but it seems we always do.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:17 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Took a three mile run this morning and suffered no pain. :D This is my first pain free run in over a month. I doubt seriously that I can get back into marathon shape by early December, but we'll see.... Main objective is to get out and consistently run and drop some of this weight I've gained over the last 4 weeks.

There was a dad that showed up at the sports bar to watch the Tennessee game last night. He had a 5 year old son and 3 year old quadruplets in tow. This looked like an obvious recipe for disaster, but as it turned out; This guy needs to figure out how to bottle his parenting skills and become a millionaire as these kids never made the first ruckus! They sat in their booth, colored, ate candy and generally had a good time. This is amazing to me as I've witnessed countless obliviot parents allowing their kids to run through a restaurant screaming like banshees. This guy was by himself and handled 5! He is my parent idol!

The waitresses at the sports bar didn't let me down. They were all dressed as strippers in training :twisted: My mind was a kaleidoscope of football, World Series, thigh-high stockings and Hot Wheels track!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:38 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

USS New York:

Built with recycled steel from the twin towers. One word; COOL!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:23 pm 
I'm a tool.

and Obama will de-commission it soon.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:50 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

5 strong miles this morning. Weather was great. Leg feels great. Everything's great. Still don't think I'm going to be ready for the White Rock though.

This being November, it's time for me to recognize another successful year of sobriety. Had my last drink 17 years ago and yet have still spilled more sourmash whiskey than most people will drink in their lifetime! :drinkbeer: I'm telling you your Unca Ich, George Dickel and Jack Daniels used to be a fierce threesome...

Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan is the traitor who turned on his fellow soldiers down in Ft. Hood. My wish is that Political Correctness be banned from this situation and the military tribunal is quickly carried out and this silly son of a bitch is executed for being the murderous wartime traitor that he is...... There , I feel better now.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:39 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Ichabod wrote:

Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan is the traitor who turned on his fellow soldiers down in Ft. Hood. My wish is that Political Correctness be banned from this situation and the military tribunal is quickly carried out and this silly son of a bitch is executed for being the murderous wartime traitor that he is...... There , I feel better now.

:babyarm: :babyarm: :babyarm:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:58 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

In honor of all our veterans I went and exercised my freedom to play golf down at LB Houston this morning. I haven't played in over a year so I feel pretty good about shooting in the low 90s. It's good to be a golfing American :goldstar:

Last edited by Ichabod on Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:50 pm 
I'm a tool.

Ichabod wrote:
In honor of all our veterans I went an exercised my freedom to play golf down at LB Houston this morning. I haven't played in over a year so I feel pretty good about shooting in the low 90s. It's good to be a golfing American :goldstar:

did you see Lots of Blacks?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:52 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

cap wrote:
Ichabod wrote:
In honor of all our veterans I went an exercised my freedom to play golf down at LB Houston this morning. I haven't played in over a year so I feel pretty good about shooting in the low 90s. It's good to be a golfing American :goldstar:

did you see Lots of Blacks?

Asians....

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:07 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I played Royal Oaks CC. I think I might join.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 885 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 22  Next