Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Tue Jul 02, 2024 3:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 885 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ichabod's Dementia-like Ramblings
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:46 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

rowdyhatinwalt wrote:
I'm far more afraid of someone showing up at my door because I joked that I thought Terd looked like a muslim terrorist.

Why would they show up at your door? Terd does look like a Muslim terrorist :dunno:

"A free society endangers us, without doubt. It is our Achilles Heel, and our glory. It is the risk we take…. Did so many Americans give up their lives to save our freedom so that we could give up our freedom to save our lives?" … Neil Steinberg

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:49 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

well, I'd probably have joked about providing him weapons to blow up a baptist church or somethin'.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:56 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

rowdyhatinwalt wrote:
you people realize if he really wanted email addresses, he'd go the spam 101 route and just harvest them off websites he didn't like, right?

And Ich, with all due respect, where was all this vitriol when the NSA wiretapping thing came out?
The NSA LISTENS IN ON ALL DOMESTIC TRAFFIC RIGHT NOW. WE KNOW THAT THEY DO. THIS AFFECTS YOU FAR MORE THAN IF I EMAIL OBAMA AND GIVE HIM YOUR NAME.
I mean, sure you didn't like it, but you damn sure weren't jumping on Bush's ass like you are Obama's.

I'm not even defending the whole email thing either. it was a dumb move, but not one that invades privacy.

This thing blew up in the conservative blogosphere, and it looks like libertarians are taking it hook, line, and sinker without really looking at the facts.

NO SHIT he can obtain whatever he wants. That wasn't the question Greggo. We were talking about whether or not your smooth talking leader was getting a little too cocky by asking citizens to spy on each other. Ich has been talking about this for a long time so get your panties out of a wad. I hate it now and I would have said the same thing if Bush tried this. And WTF is this talk about not looking at the facts? It specifically says report "fishy" emails. How are they not looking at facts?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:59 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

BTW, I value your opinion and judgement so I'm not trying to start a partisan fight. Just thought the latest news should be discussed/debated/rehashed/beaten like a dead horse.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:01 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

:popcorn:

Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

TerdFerguson wrote:
rowdyhatinwalt wrote:
you people realize if he really wanted email addresses, he'd go the spam 101 route and just harvest them off websites he didn't like, right?

And Ich, with all due respect, where was all this vitriol when the NSA wiretapping thing came out?
The NSA LISTENS IN ON ALL DOMESTIC TRAFFIC RIGHT NOW. WE KNOW THAT THEY DO. THIS AFFECTS YOU FAR MORE THAN IF I EMAIL OBAMA AND GIVE HIM YOUR NAME.
I mean, sure you didn't like it, but you damn sure weren't jumping on Bush's ass like you are Obama's.

I'm not even defending the whole email thing either. it was a dumb move, but not one that invades privacy.

This thing blew up in the conservative blogosphere, and it looks like libertarians are taking it hook, line, and sinker without really looking at the facts.

NO SHIT he can obtain whatever he wants. That wasn't the question Greggo. We were talking about whether or not your smooth talking leader was getting a little too cocky by asking citizens to spy on each other. Ich has been talking about this for a long time so get your panties out of a wad. I hate it now and I would have said the same thing if Bush tried this. And WTF is this talk about not looking at the facts? It specifically says report "fishy" emails. How are they not looking at facts?

Before attacking what I said with some loaded words, slow down.
Where's this vitriol when you heard our own government was actively (meaning digging around for stuff instead of asking for it) spying on you? Does that not bother you?
I agreed that it was cocky. Don't attack me assuming you know what I'm thinking here.
My panties aren't wadded. Yours are, judging by how quickly you jumped the gun here.

Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

TerdFerguson wrote:
BTW, I value your opinion and judgement so I'm not trying to start a partisan fight. Just thought the latest news should be discussed/debated/rehashed/beaten like a dead horse.

you just started a partisan fight by mockingly referring to Obama how you did.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:03 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

rowdyhatinwalt wrote:
and that's what this boils down to, a dumb political move, not one that's going to bring down the Republic.
I'm far more afraid of someone showing up at my door because I joked that I thought Terd looked like a muslim terrorist.

I've got the full beard working and there is no doubt I look like an erroist-tay. (just in case they are reading this)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:07 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

let's be honest here, neither side is all THAT worried about yours or my privacy. Ok? Period.
The fact that Obama hasn't done much on the NSA issue (Yes, I harp on it, it's SCARY what they're doing now) is annoying me more and more.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:10 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

rowdyhatinwalt wrote:
Where's this vitriol when you heard our own government was actively (meaning digging around for stuff instead of asking for it) spying on you? Does that not bother you?

Put that statement in context. 9/11 was still pretty fresh when all that was happening.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:11 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sweet Greggo wrote:
rowdyhatinwalt wrote:

Put that statement in context. 9/11 was still pretty fresh when all that was happening.

bullshit. Like the old saying goes, if you're willing to give up your liberty for security, you deserve neither.
Not an excuse.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:11 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

rowdyhatinwalt wrote:
and that's what this boils down to, a dumb political move, not one that's going to bring down the Republic.

Oh!

Last edited by TerdFerguson on Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:14 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

rowdyhatinwalt wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
rowdyhatinwalt wrote:

bullshit. Like the old saying goes, if you're willing to give up your liberty for security, you deserve neither.
Not an excuse.

You say that as if people don't have gut reactions. You know better. Bush/Cheney got a lot of shit pushed through on the simple fact that the country was filled with panic. A lot of time has passed, and people are thinking more rationally now.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:16 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sweet Greggo wrote:
rowdyhatinwalt wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
rowdyhatinwalt wrote:

Not an excuse.

You say that as if people don't have gut reactions. You know better. Bush/Cheney got a lot of shit pushed through on the simple fact that the country was filled with panic. A lot of time has passed, and people are thinking more rationally now.

are you even understanding what i'm saying? The fact that the program is going on NOW is bad. Ok? Jesus Christ, it's bad NOW.
Noone is arguing what happened in 2001, we're arguing that here in 2009, we're spying domestically. Ok? Got that?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:19 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

rowdyhatinwalt wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
rowdyhatinwalt wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
rowdyhatinwalt wrote:

Not an excuse.

are you even understanding what i'm saying? The fact that the program is going on NOW is bad. Ok? Jesus Christ, it's bad NOW.
Noone is arguing what happened in 2001, we're arguing that here in 2009, we're spying domestically. Ok? Got that?

Ya, I got that, but you apparently missed what I was saying. You asked where was the uproar when Bush was getting wiretapping laws pushed through, and I gave you an opinion on that. I didn't say it was a good or bad thing to do then or now.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:20 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

what you said was in no way, shape, or form germane to the original point.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:21 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Correct, that's why I edited your quote to make it perfectly clear what I was commenting on.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:22 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

so anyway, the NSA program still going on sucks.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:23 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

What's that?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:28 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I thought my pic was funny

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:30 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

TerdFerguson wrote:

*forwards pic to White House, subject line: Fishy*

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:33 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sweet Greggo wrote:
TerdFerguson wrote:

You bitch! I kill you!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:37 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

TerdFerguson wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
TerdFerguson wrote:

You bitch! I kill you!

*forwards post to White House, subject: Super duper Fishy*

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:56 pm 

rowdyhatinwalt wrote:

NSA? What does Craiglist have to do with that?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:03 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

um...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:51 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

rowdyhatinwalt wrote:
bullshit. Like the old saying goes, if you're willing to give up your liberty for security, you deserve neither. Not an excuse.

Words to live by.....

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin

"A free society endangers us, without doubt. It is our Achilles Heel, and our glory. It is the risk we take…. Did so many Americans give up their lives to save our freedom so that we could give up our freedom to save our lives?" … Neil Steinberg

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:48 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

*fart*

Last edited by Tit Whistle on Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:03 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

jorples.

Last edited by Sweet Greggo on Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:31 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

*fart*

Last edited by Tit Whistle on Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:40 pm 

My feet are smelly.

Last edited by jim jack on Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:09 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Ran 10 miles this morning. Again, ran strong and pain free... Need to get meh eating program back on track as Mrs. Ich and I frequented our favorite Mexican diners a couple of times this week. I leave for London on Tuesday. I'm looking forward to running through the streets and parks of jolly ole England.....

I'm still in shock regarding the gunman who went into the gym class and shot down a bunch of women in New York last week. As most of you know Mrs. Ich teaches similar classes several times per week. I can't imagine receiving that phone call giving me that news. Those poor families have had there lives shattered out of the blue..... Stupid bastard.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:28 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Mallard Toss wrote:
Have a safe, productive and enjoyable trip, Ich.

:babyarm:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:11 pm 
Site Admin

rowdyhatinwalt wrote:

I agree wif Walt. This my biggest problem with the current administration. Maybe I misunderstood his campaign promises but I thought it was going to change. All this fishy email stuff leaves me non-plussed.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:08 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Greetings from Jolly Ole England!

Your Unca Ich is on his first endeavor into the UK. This has been an interesting experience to say the least.

These people mount their steering wheels on the passenger side of their cars. Furthermore, they drive on the wrong f'n side of the road. My trip from Heathrow to Oxfordshire (That's right all of you Lord of the Rings freaks, Ich is staying in a shire!) was a nail biting experience to say the least. If I had to drive, it would take me less than 5 minutes to have an accident....

Television here is STRANGE.... They only have 6-7 public channels half of which are news channels. The primetime programming consists of game shows like The Weakest Link (That's right, that red-headed lady is alive and well over here) and PBS like documentaries, oh and Big Brother. Occasionally, you'll see a Simpsons or Friends episode.

Fair Warning: A british Pound note is not the equivalent of the US dollar. I withdrew 100 pounds from and ATM machine and my account is now lighter $165. (Uh buddy, the dollar's a little weak).

The MILFs here are not hot. They are not exactly unattractive, as much as they are just plain... They are also a tad on the pleasantly plump side. It must be because the air is cooler and they are better insulated.

Speaking of weather, it's been a nice reprieve from the heat. The highs are running in the lower 70s and it's usually cloudy most of the day, so I think it feels great. (It's been great for my running).

The folks here are EXTREMELY polite. Listening to their day to day conversations makes me wish that I had a better vocabulary. I am not "picked up" from the inn each morning, I am "collected." There is no trash over here as it has been renamed "waste" and "rubbish."

Iced tea is not offered in restaurants. You can get hot tea (Earl Grey, etc.) just don't ask for ice or the waitress looks at you like you're "daft."

I'm staying here through next Tuesday, so this weekend I'll be taking the train into London for some sightseeing. I've got Big Ben, Buckingham Palace and Hyde Park on my list of to dos.....

Oh yes, Sports. Sports here is soccer, soccer and more soccer, followed by Cricket. I watched 30 minutes of Cricket last night and still cannot explain what I saw......

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:32 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Hope you brought your own food.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:55 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Ichabod wrote:
I've got Big Ben

Hey look kids, there's Big Ben, and there's Parliament.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:52 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I don't know how much time you but may I also suggest the Tower of London where the Crown Jewels are held.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:01 pm 

I gotcha crown Jewls right heer! *grabbing crotch*

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:20 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

A little piece of home.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:30 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Hope you're having fun, Ich! btw, if someone calls you a wanker, it's not a compliment.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:31 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sweet Greggo wrote:
Hope you're having fun, Ich! btw, if someone calls you a wanker, it's not a compliment.

wanker.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:34 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

rowdyhatinwalt wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:

wanker.

that's just bollocks.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 885 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 22  Next