Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Tue Jul 02, 2024 4:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 885 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ichabod's Dementia-like Ramblings
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:07 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I don't see how he can be 200 lbs.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:33 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Stu wrote:
I don't see how he can be 200 lbs.

:babyarm:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:57 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Ich probably won't like this at all.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:12 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sweet Greggo wrote:

:shock: Oh Hell to the NO! They might as well "TAT" a serial number onto your forearm....... Just like the good ole days! Better yet, just go ahead and implant the microchip at birth. That way, that generation will grow up never knowing the difference!

"A free society endangers us, without doubt. It is our Achilles Heel, and our glory. It is the risk we take…. Did so many Americans give up their lives to save our freedom so that we could give up our freedom to save our lives?" … Neil Steinberg

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:36 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Your Unca Ich ran the Too Hot to Handle (9.3 Miles) down at White Rock this morning. Last year I ran it in 1:23:08 and placed 314 overall. This year I ran it in 1:19:37 and placed 293 overall.

Last year's race was at an 8:56 per mile pace. This year I shaved 22 seconds per mile and ran a pace of 8:34.

Your Unca Ich is pretty pleased.

Still running heavy though. I'm 204 lbs which is down from where I started at 215 lbs, but damn it's coming off slowly! "Old" metabolism sucks hiney!

"A free society endangers us, without doubt. It is our Achilles Heel, and our glory. It is the risk we take…. Did so many Americans give up their lives to save our freedom so that we could give up our freedom to save our lives?" … Neil Steinberg

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:42 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I'm out of breath just reading that post. Where are my cigs?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:28 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Ichabod wrote:
Your Unca Ich ran the Too Hot to Handle (9.3 Miles) down at White Rock this morning. Last year I ran it in 1:23:08 and placed 314 overall. This year I ran it in 1:19:37 and placed 293 overall.

Last year's race was at an 8:56 per mile pace. This year I shaved 22 seconds per mile and ran a pace of 8:34.

Your Unca Ich is pretty pleased.

Still running heavy though. I'm 204 lbs which is down from where I started at 215 lbs, but damn it's coming off slowly! "Old" metabolism sucks hiney!

a fucking men, brotha. Good job and congrats btw.
You're meh hero. :soppy:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:30 am 

You rule, Ich. Wish I could do what you are doing.

Oh, by the way. Did you knock off a piece after you got home?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:39 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

jim jack wrote:
Oh, by the way. Did you knock off a piece after you got home?

Wanted to, but I have to wait until she's bent over cleaning the bathtub. Maybe today.....

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:48 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Mrs. Ich called me on the way to work Friday morning to report that she had a flat tire! After a short spell of cussing on my part, I found out that tshe was on the tollway. Told her to call the emergency number on the toll tag. She did and while telling the operator the location, was asked if she was driving a silver van! Mrs. Ich said yes, and the operator told her that she had her on the cameras! Yikes.

Still and well they sent one of the tollway pick up trucks out and the guy changed her tire free of charge. As an added extra bonus, Mrs, Ich called me at lunch and said she took the van over to Discount Tire and had them fix the flat! With tears streaming down my cheeks I thanked her (thinking it has only taken 27 years to get her to this point), but alas, the Automobile Gods were obviously displeased with my inactivity, as I got a 3rd phone call from her at 4:30 telling me the van wouldn't start. Dead Battery! So, I did have to run to Discount Battery and Target (wrenches) and change the battery out. Life demands symmetry!

Met with my running group this morning at 6:00 AM and put in 11 miles. I felt good throughout the run and finished strongly. :fist: I'm convinced that the attention to my nutrition program has made all the difference in the world. I've managed to lose 2 more pounds, so I'm down to 202. Wanted to be below 200 by this point, but I'll take it. I'm going to get back into weight training three times a week and see what happens......

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:59 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I've got to start posting more. I took a look at the Members List and found that I was 24th in posts with 611. 23rd on the list is Ceepe with 648! I'm losing to a dead guy :shock:

Took a quick trip to Knoxville this weekend. Hauled ass all day yesterday from Knoxville to Dallas in less than 11 hours in spite of the Arkansas State Troopers putting out an absolute dragnet on I-40.

FINALLY, have dropped below the 200# mark :dance: Weighed in at 199# this AM. [Ichabod using his Biggest Loser voice while crying:] That's the last time I'll see 200#! [/Ichabod]

I feel Hoob's pain with the workout injuries. It is frustrating as hell to take the time to workout and end up having your body betray you. Hang in there Hoob!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:04 pm 
Site Admin

Ichabod wrote:
I've got to start posting more. I took a look at the Members List and found that I was 24th in posts with 611. 23rd on the list is Ceepe with 648! I'm losing to a dead guy :shock:

Who's first?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:14 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

or somesuch wrote:
Ichabod wrote:

Who's first?

rowdyhatinwalt 17658
Sweet Greggo 6933
cap 5966

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:18 pm 
Site Admin

I knew the answer already.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:19 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

or somesuch wrote:
I knew the answer already.

I know you did, but others on here sometimes have trouble keeping up.....

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:22 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I hate you bastards.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:39 pm 

:D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:13 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Ichabod wrote:
or somesuch wrote:
Ichabod wrote:

Who's first?

rowdyhatinwalt 17658
Sweet Greggo 6933
cap 5966

shocking.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:32 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I'm Oscar. Dot Com.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:15 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

:rockon: :dance: :drinkbuds:

GOD & GUNS
July 27th, 2009
With their first set of new studio material since 2003’s Vicious Cycle, legendary rock band Lynyrd Skynyrd returns with God & Guns, due out September 29 on Loud & Proud / Roadrunner Records. Recorded in Nashville in 2008-2009 with noted rock producer Bob Marlette, input from guitarist John 5, and a wealth of material written by the band and a cadre of elite Skynyrd-minded songwriters, a remarkable album emerged.

I know what Ichabod is getting for his birthday in September!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:08 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

and they plan on releasing the followup, "Sisters and Cousins" a year afterwards.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:21 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

too soon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:37 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Dear Dead Skynyrds:

Barns/houses do not = runways.
Just a thought!

Landing in a town near you,

Walt

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:56 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

rowdyhatinwalt wrote:
Dear Dead Skynyrds:

Barns/houses do not = runways.
Just a thought!

Landing in a town near you,

Walt

Then what does barns divided by houses equal?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:44 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

13 miles this morning. Ran from the RunOn on Mockingbird down Swiss Avenue and back. Felt good, ran strong, no pain.......

It was interesting to see the high number of houses for sale on Swiss Avenue! I guess the down economy has caught up with the millionaire wannabes with the big balloon mortgages ala Tom Hicks......

Mrs. Ich and I stayed in and watched season 5 of The Office on the internet last night . We'd never paid attention to the show before (I think it interferes with her Grey's Anatomy), but we started renting the DVDs this summer. I know I'm late to the party on this, but Steve Carel and Rainn Wilson are absolute genius together!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:42 am 
Site Admin

I don't think millionaire wannabes live on Swiss. From everything I understand it's kind of a beating to live in one of those houses because they are all falling apart and any kind of renovation is hard to do because it's a historical district.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:10 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

fruitdog wrote:
I don't think millionaire wannabes live on Swiss. From everything I understand it's kind of a beating to live in one of those houses because they are all falling apart and any kind of renovation is hard to do because it's a historical district.

Fruit's right. Those houses on Swiss are not very gouda.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:12 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

TerdFerguson wrote:
fruitdog wrote:

Fruit's right. Those houses on Swiss are not very gouda.
que?so

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:06 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Well your Unca Ich is feeling his mortality tonight. I just found out one of my former bosses from my Quaker Oats days passed away from a heart attack during a business trip to Mexico three years ago. Obviously, we weren't that close, but he was a good guy when I worked for him AND.... he was only three years older than me. Hmm, that means he was my age when he passed away......... and I'm leaving the country for the UK next week! :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:30 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

So that "oatmeal lowers your cholesterol" thing is a buncha bullshit?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:18 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

does that mean Ich is the Jim Fixx of the forum? :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:13 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

:eek:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:34 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Hey Ich,

I'm waiting to hear your thoughts on the White House asking supporters to report "fishy" information they come across about the health insurance debate.

You must be outraged. You too Walt.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:54 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Guess my hard count didn't work. Guess I'll have to punt.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:46 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I can't decide if Obama is being arrogant or is just that f'n stupid! The "Fishy" list as its "innocently" called harkens back to the days of Nixon and his "Enemies List." If Bush had set up something similar Pelosi, Boxer, Reed and Frank would be baying like bloodhounds on the trail of a convict.

I really think that Obama's team has given him some bad advice, developed a plan for immediate implementation under the name of change, and by God are sticking to that plan come Hell or high water regardless of what us ignorant masses have to say about it!

It just reeks of the height or arrogance and is, sadly, for the office of the president coming across as "Big Brother" incarnate.

Bottom line; I think Obama, as a "Leader," is getting his lack of experience seriously exposed.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:52 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

By the way, feel free to forward my previous post to the White House :fu:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:10 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

you people realize if he really wanted email addresses, he'd go the spam 101 route and just harvest them off websites he didn't like, right?

And Ich, with all due respect, where was all this vitriol when the NSA wiretapping thing came out?
The NSA LISTENS IN ON ALL DOMESTIC TRAFFIC RIGHT NOW. WE KNOW THAT THEY DO. THIS AFFECTS YOU FAR MORE THAN IF I EMAIL OBAMA AND GIVE HIM YOUR NAME.
I mean, sure you didn't like it, but you damn sure weren't jumping on Bush's ass like you are Obama's.

I'm not even defending the whole email thing either. it was a dumb move, but not one that invades privacy.

This thing blew up in the conservative blogosphere, and it looks like libertarians are taking it hook, line, and sinker without really looking at the facts.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:25 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Actually Walt, you and I called this in another thread before it actually happened!

Domestic Spying

My Previous Post:
These are the weasel words used to ensure that the program passes muster with the general public;

The new plan explicitly states that existing laws which prevent the government from spying on citizens would remain in effect, the official said. Under no circumstances, for instance, would the program be used to intercept verbal and written conversations.

The only problem is that the government just waits for everyone to become comfortable before "suddenly" deciding that it is in the "best interest of the public" that closer monitoring occur, because, afterall, if you're not doing anything wrong, you have nothing to hide! :mad:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:29 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

My point is, somehow you (and by you, I mean libertarians in general) remain civil when it's being done by Republicans.
Democrats? Well, shoot, he's arrogant, fishy, showing he's in over his head, etc.
Again, I don't think his doing that is smart or right, but it's passive information gathering vs. active.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:33 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

in the grand scheme of things, of all the things related to privacy that are going on right now, this ranks waaay down the list.
I'm more annoyed with Obama for not doing more things to dismantle the domestic spying that is going on right now.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:36 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

rowdyhatinwalt wrote:
My point is, somehow you (and by you, I mean libertarians in general) remain civil when it's being done by Republicans.
Democrats? Well, shoot, he's arrogant, fishy, showing he's in over his head, etc.
Again, I don't think his doing that is smart or right, but it's passive information gathering vs. active.

I'll agree with your assessment to a point. And I think it's because the Libertarian viewpoint is closer to the Republican planks as opposed to the Democratic planks.... And you're right that it is apparently passive info gathering, but Geez it is a stupid move and he appears to be too damn stubborn to back off.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:42 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

and that's what this boils down to, a dumb political move, not one that's going to bring down the Republic.
I'm far more afraid of someone showing up at my door because I joked that I thought Terd looked like a muslim terrorist.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 885 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 22  Next