Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Thu Jul 04, 2024 4:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 885 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ichabod's Dementia-like Ramblings
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:21 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Ichabod wrote:
Well, I bought into the hype of the infomercial and completed my first week of P90X. That's right, your Unca Ich has decided to "Bring It!" [crosses arms into an "X"]

I can report that I'm sore as hell, but that I have lost 6 lbs in 6 days. I have the advantage of working at a company that has a gym no one uses, so I have the place to myself in the mornings. They have an "assisted weight" pull-up machine, otherwise I could probably do about three pull-ups and be done for the day. Push-Ups are okay, I've always been able to pop off push-ups. Pull-Ups..... not so much.

I'm interested to see how many I'll be able to do at day 90.

"Growing older" is not the same as "getting old."
i'm waiting for it to be delivered. i can't wait to try this.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:37 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

beefcake!!

BEEFCAKE!!!!!! :urgh:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:55 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Down economy..... Joblessness...... Drug wars on the border...... High energy costs.....

Okay, no more corporate welfare to AIG, car companies and investment firms. Instead, we apply the same funds to our infrastructure like FDR did in an attempt to recover from the Great Depression. But, instead of building Mt. Rushmore and establishing national parks, we begin construction along the 3,169 miles of Mexican border of a fence on the scale of the Great Wall of China.

Since we're throwing good money after bad, we are installing solar panels on either side of the fence to provide cheap power for the lighting and support structures associated with the fence. We'll try and make it self-sufficient.

The construction of the fence will employ thousands, stem the flow of illegal aliens therefore increasing the demand for labor, and effectively force the smuggling of illegal drugs from the ground to the air.

I can't believe Obama has not called and offered me a staff position yet! :dunno:

"A free society endangers us, without doubt. It is our Achilles Heel, and our glory. It is the risk we take…. Did so many Americans give up their lives to save our freedom so that we could give up our freedom to save our lives?" … Neil Steinberg

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:38 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Of course, the only people interested in performing such work will be illegal Mexicans.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:24 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I finally got around to reading the Ticket book last week. All in all not a bad read. It was cool to read about the genesis of the Ticket and the contributions of The Laddy and Gilbert. (My impression of the Laddy was pretty negative before reading this book).

Not enough emphasis on The Greggo situation and the Rocco coverage was a bit of a let down given the delicious radio gold it produced. Should have been more opinions offered on Rocco by the other hosts.

Still and well I liked it.

"A free society endangers us, without doubt. It is our Achilles Heel, and our glory. It is the risk we take…. Did so many Americans give up their lives to save our freedom so that we could give up our freedom to save our lives?" … Neil Steinberg

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:03 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Hello! Hello Hello

Is anybody out there? out there out there

I appears that we are witnessing the dénouement of our forum. :sad:

It was once a proud and robust forum with many members and new threads springing up hourly. Hours of work time wasted as we had to check in and see the updates at least every hour.....

Newbies would lurk for months in stark fascination whilst witnessing the "just happened car wreck" that was once our forum. Yet only lurk, for there was a price to pay for registering and attempting to participate. Much like a new gang member, Newbies were "beat into" the gang. Existing members would immediately trounce the Newbie pummeling him with insults and demanding that significant and germane posts be added to the threads.

For emoticons and simple posts of "Fag" and "Cocksack" were reserved only for the most senior members of the forum.

Alas, it appears that we we may have been too enthusiastic in our virtual beatings..... New members were few. New members who truly contributed were fewer. Thus, slowly and steadily our forum base has eroded to the point that very few members feel a need to post anymore.

Bob and Dan, Facebook, Linked In; I'm sure all of these have contributed to the decay. Safe havens, free from flaming, to which the more timid have retreated. Which leaves us where we are today; A once proud forum that has been knocked off the top of the mountain valiantly trying to maintain its existence. :sad:

Last edited by Ichabod on Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:05 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

fag.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:48 pm 
Site Admin

What I wouldn't give for one more week of pussy galore. We needed the enemies here. Once they were all run off, it got boring.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:07 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

or somesuch wrote:
What I wouldn't give for one more week of pussy galore. We needed the enemies here. Once they were all run off, it got boring.

:babyarm:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:07 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

or somesuch wrote:

What I wouldn't give for more :sad: pussy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:06 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

TerdFerguson wrote:
or somesuch wrote:

What I wouldn't give for more :sad: pussy

A husband with a wife in her third trimester of pregnancy is much like a wolf.... You both sit mournfully outside the hole and bay at the moon..... :cry:

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 3:09 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Okay, I'm up at 2:30 AM because the f'n smoke alarm battery decided to die and the smoke alarm tweets every minute or so just to piss me off :-x , I had to tear the house apart to find a transistor radio battery. Finally found one in Mrs. Ich's gym bag that was out in the van. (she keeps spares for her wireless microphone she uses for her aerobics classes she teaches)....... No really, they're for her wireless microphone.

Speaking of Mrs. Ich, I'm taking her to see Jeff Dunham at the AAC on Friday night. I hope an unannounced dinner and concert has the same aphrodisiac effect as buying her a new pair of shoes... Ich needs some lovin' :cup:

I'm training for a half marathon down at White Rock on May 16. It was humid as hell this evening. I think the Texas summer is just around the corner. That and I'm not as young as I used to be. I was panting like a three-dicked dog at the end of the run.

I'm glad to see Hoob is still alive.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 11:15 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Talked to my sainted mother this morning on the telephone. She's appreciative of the flowers and card sent her way. :grin:

Gave Mrs. Ich her card this morning as well. Continuing the tradition, Ichette will come by and we'll take her to her favorite Tex Mex restaurant to overstuff ourselves on chicken fajitas.

Took Mrs. Ich to see Jeff Dunham on Friday night as mentioned in an earlier post. I didn't realize he was from Richardson. He put on a very entertaining show. Every bit as good as what you see on Comedy Central. He's really hit a nerve with his Achmed the Dead Terrorist schtick. The crowd seemed to love it. I couldn't believe that 10,000 people show up for a ventriliquist.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 7:53 am 
Site Admin

Ventriliquists = funny

So you buy the wife stuff for mother's day? It was pretty much told to me that I had to, even though I disagree with it. She's not my mom. I just did it, because it's easier than arguing about it.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:21 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

or somesuch wrote:
Ventriliquists = funny

So you buy the wife stuff for mother's day? It was pretty much told to me that I had to, even though I disagree with it. She's not my mom. I just did it, because it's easier than arguing about it.

Ya, it's up to you until the baby gets old enough to make macaroni covered cigar boxes.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 6:08 pm 

Sweet Greggo wrote:
or somesuch wrote:
Ventriliquists = funny

Ya, it's up to you until the baby gets old enough to make macaroni covered cigar boxes.

:) Now THAT is something I haven't thought of in years.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 6:42 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

or somesuch wrote:

I only give Mrs. Ich a card for Mother's Day. I have bought gifts that the kids have given her, but I don't give her a gift. She brought that up when we first had Ichette and I pointed out that, although she tried to act like it at times, that she was not the woman who gave birth to me and would not be receiving a gift....... I've been paying dearly for this policy ever since. ;)

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 10:12 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Just got back from White Rock. Ran a half marathon this morning at 1 hour 53 minutes. I'm pretty pleased with the time for as little training as I put in. I struggled a bit at mile 11, but by then you just tell yourself it's only 2 more miles and quit being such a pussy!

Taking Ich Jr back to Arlington today to move his stuff out of his dorm into the summer dorm! He's starting his junior classes this summer which just amazes me. Time definitely flies! At the rate he's going he'll be ready to graduate at the end of next summer! Wow, it took his Dad a mere 7 years to get through undergrad!

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 7:33 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Great job Ich.

*raises a pint*

oops, sorry about that

*raises a diet soda*

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 11:49 am 
I'm a tool.

or somesuch wrote:
Ventriliquists = funny

25Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26to make her holy, cleansing[b] her by the washing with water through the word, 27and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 28In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29After all, no one ever hated his own body, but he feeds and cares for it, just as Christ does the church— 30for we are members of his body. 31"For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh."[c] 32This is a profound mystery—but I am talking about Christ and the church. 33However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 12:16 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

TerdFerguson wrote:
Great job Ich.

*raises a pint*

oops, sorry about that

*raises a diet soda*

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 12:20 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

TerdFerguson wrote:
Great job Ich.

*raises a pint*

oops, sorry about that

*raises a diet soda*

I'll have that pint if you're not doing anything with it.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 3:12 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

:walt: :walt:

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 3:24 pm 
Site Admin

cap wrote:
25Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26to make her holy, cleansing[b] her by the washing with water through the word, 27and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 28In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29After all, no one ever hated his own body, but he feeds and cares for it, just as Christ does the church— 30for we are members of his body. 31"For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh."[c] 32This is a profound mystery—but I am talking about Christ and the church. 33However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.

:words:

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 11:59 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I have to quit watching political commentary television on Sunday mornings. It just puts me in a surly mood. :mad:

It is interesting to watch the 180 degree views expressed on FOX vs. MSNBC. At least they are both obvious and consistent in their perspective biases.......

I watched many episodes of Band of Brothers on the History Channel yesterday. I'm in awe of the sacrifices made by our nation in the name of freedom. Soldiers in the European theater immediately reassigned to the Pacific theater after 4 years of fighting Germans because the job wasn't finished. Women leaving the home to work factory jobs 24 hours per day in support of our infrastructure. Gasoline, tires and other commodities could only be purchased with coupons because of shortages created by the war effort.

I'm in awe because I tried to imagine a war of that magnitude being fought by our nation today. Ashamedly, I envision white flags being waved because I don't think we as a society have the internal fortitude required to pull together to get the job done. There's just too many spineless politicians permeating the political system and too many citizens used to being taken care of by others that would stand in our path to success. It's a dark viewpoint I know, but it is how I feel.

Speaking of Band of Brothers, the episode where EZ Company liberated the concentration camp brought to mind my father-in-law. He was part of a company that did the same. He has photos of emaciated bodies stacked like cord wood in the camps. He stated that the prisoners ran to them crying and hugging them just as depicted in the series.

The sobering part of the story is the fact that they actually captured German guards. My FIL told me that one of the prisoners approached him and quietly asked him (FIL) if he could borrow his pistol. My FIL gave it to him whereupon he said the prisoner calmly turned and walked up to the Sergeant of the Guards and blew his brains out of his head. The prisoner then turned and returned the pistol to my FIL thanking him.

That is some cold morbid shit right there......

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 12:16 pm 

Wow, Ich.
Ichabod wrote:

The sobering part of the story is the fact that they actually captured German guards. My FIL told me that one of the prisoners approached him and quietly asked him (FIL) if he could borrow his pistol. My FIL gave it to him whereupon he said the prisoner calmly turned and walked up to the Sergeant of the Guards and blew his brains out of his head. The prisoner then turned and returned the pistol to my FIL thanking him.

Wow, Ich.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 2:16 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Ichabod wrote:

I love stories with happy endings. :babyarm:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:10 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Okay, I understand that times are hard and that the small businessman must aggressively drum up new business...... But, all you doorknockers from the landscapers, pest control and roofing companies need to understand that I work hard and at the end of the day, I'm not in the mood. So, if my cars are in the driveway, but I don't answer the door after you ring my doorbell, banging on the door will only get you killed. I will use the Castle Doctrine to beat you within an inch of your life! :twisted: There was a certain amount of irony that the "PEST" control guy was on the receiving end of my wrath last night........

Last edited by Ichabod on Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:28 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Well it's already been an interesting Father's Day for your Unca Ich.....

My running group met this morning down at Mockingbird and we ran 10 miles through the Turtle Creek area. Didn't see Jerry out in his bathrobe picking up his edition of the DMN from the driveway.... After the run, I was changing shirts in the parking lot and placed my sunglasses on top of the Ichmobile. Needless to say, they are gone, as I started up the car and raced out of the parking lot. :mad:

Close call on the way home; I'm traveling on 75N in Dallas talking to my meh beloved Daddy when I see a 4 door Buick coming up the exit ramp at mile 7. I veered over into the exit lane honking the horn. It was a little old lady who smiled pleasantly and waved as she shot right by me onto the interstate. Fortunately, it looked liked she was staying in the emergency lane. I freaked out Ich Senior by hanging up on him to call 911.

I hope the cops were able to stop her before she hurt someone...

Well, it is Father's Day, so Ichette and Ich Jr have blessed me with the opportunity to take them to Hoffbrau's this evening for dinner and let me pick up the check! My kids do love their Daddy so!

Happy Father's Day to all you Forum Dads out there! You to Terd. (It's close enough)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:04 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

:soppy:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:12 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Did 12 miles this morning with my running group. It was overcast and drizzly, but still humid as hell! Got one more class before training begins for White Rock! I will bust 4 hours this year :fist:

Hope everyone had a pleasant July 4th. Ichette and Ich Jr came back to the house and we grilled steaks in the backyard. We haven't gotten together as a family in quite a while. Good times.

I'm still in shock that Steve McNair was murdered. I know I am getting old when I can remember professionals coming out of college, playing through their careers and then retiring. Sounds like he hooked up with some crazy P! Crazy P can can provide some GREAT sex, but the dangers are obvious. I remember hooking up with a girl in my freshmen year of college. She was, shall we say, an athlete when it came to the sex. But, then I found out that she had just been released from the psycho ward when she turned 18 to begin college. She was fun, but she was dangerous :eek: Ich had to back away slowly until she found some other poor son of a bitch to stalk!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:45 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

When did it become mandatory in today's society that we have to give name, rank and serial number before we can make a retail purchase?

I went by the stadium in Frisco this morning to buy two tickets to the Roughriders game this evening.

Ich: "Yep, give me two behind the first base dugout please."

Woman in the Ticket Booth: "Have you bought tickets from us before?"

Ich: "Nope, this is my first game this year."

Woman in the Ticket Booth: "Well, let me "open an account" for you. What's your name and address, phone number, etc."

Ich: "No thanks, I prefer to stay off of mailing lists."

She immediately launches into a song and dance about how the information won't be sold and its confidential, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Ich: "Do you want to sell me the tickets or not?"

Same story this afternoon: I went to get a haircut and the first thing out of their mouth as they click on the computer is "What's you phone number?" I know if you giove your house phone, it can immediately pull up your street address.

So no. I just want to pay for goods and services and be on my way. I don't want your company working your Marketing VooDoo with my personal information. :mad:

Last edited by Ichabod on Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:55 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Amen, sister.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:58 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

You two need to learn that it doesn't hurt as much if you just lay back and take it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:13 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Hi Clayton.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:28 pm 

Ichabod wrote:
When did it become mandatory in today's society that we have to give name, rank and serial number before we can make a retail purchase?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:39 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Stu wrote:
Hi Clayton.

No real fake names!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:53 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I went through this on my only visit to Conn's several years ago. They actually said they could not process the sale in the computer until all that shit was filled out, so I gave em my neighbor's address and a bogus phone number. My ex-neighbor probably still hates me, but fuck him for allowing his dead beat brother to park in front of my house for a year before I moved.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:23 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sweet Greggo wrote:
I went through this on my only visit to Conn's several years ago. They actually said they could not process the sale in the computer until all that shit was filled out, so I gave em my neighbor's address and a bogus phone number. My ex-neighbor probably still hates me, but fuck him for allowing his dead beat brother to park in front of my house for a year before I moved.

Ultimate Electronics for me. I happened to be in a shopping center with one when I needed some blank CDs. They wanted a phone number and address to buy it. I said I wouldn't give it, they said they wouldn't sell it, I said fuck you. They went out of business. Scoreboard.

At Sports Authority the other day and walked out with just a small bottle of Gatorade. They wanted a phone number. I gave them 972-262-5269. That's 972-ANA-LBOY. Other standards: 382-5968 (FUC-KYOU), 328-2625 (EAT-COCK).

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:36 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

A couple of years back I wanted to buy an Ipod from Circuit City in Frisco for Mrs. Ich. Same story; the kid told me he couldn't sell it to me if he didn't have a name and address to put in the computer. He said they'd need the information if I had problems with the Ipod and needed to bring it back.

I told him I was paying cash and would keep the receipt If I needed to bring it back. That wasn't good enough for him so I gave my name as Joe Customer with a made up Chicago address (60601). He was not happy. Fuck him though; Circuit City's out of business. I win!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:11 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Ran a timed mile this morning in order to get grouped for our marathon class. I ran a 6:36 mile which shaved 19 seconds off my previous timed mile from about 6 weeks ago. I'm pleased with that. With that pace it would bring me safely under 4 hours for the marathon. I'm really going to have to start watching the nutrition in order to get back south of 200 lbs.

Ichette is up in Maine visiting her boyfriend, who is working there for the summer as a pilot for a parachute training school. Lo and behold, I received pictures of Ichette tandem jumping. She said words couldn't describe the thrill. I think of words like "terrifying" and "urine-soaked."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:14 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

You have the Kenyans in your sights now. Make us proud.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 885 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 22  Next