Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
 Post subject: Re: Hoob's drunken ramblings. By Hoob.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:57 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

bigboy wrote:
I bought a truck a couple of years ago and jumped on the clean car bandwagon. I've actually enjoyed it after years of letting my vehicles look like utter hell. Living down the street from a $5 drive through car wash with free vacuums helps.

I've avoided Yellowstone because it looks like a damn soap opera. I'm constantly surrounded by people who think I'm nuts for not watching it.

In my younger days, the inside of my car/truck/whatever was always full. I just carried way too much stuff and didn't clean it out ever. Then I bought a Jeep. That cured me of ever leaving anything in my car since the top was rarely on. It also cured me about caring overly much about the stereo. I remember the days of assuming after I bought a car that I'd have to get a new, decent stereo put in. Jeeps put an end to that. Can't hear shit anyway when doing 70, top up or down. I had 2 different Wranglers and loved them both. Now I drive a minivan. I never cared how clean the outside of the Jeep was since the soft top meant I couldn't run through a car wash. Rain was fine. But now, I get upset if there's anything left in my car. Can't stand the mess. Weird, considering the house is an absolute pig sty.

What is your years driving/cars owned ratio? I've been driving 32 years and am on my 6th car. So my ratio is approximately 5.33. I tend to drive my cars into the ground. Only one has been lost due to a wreck and it had more than 100k miles on it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:49 pm 
Site Admin

28/7

My car is kept pretty clean. I’m a stickler about shit being left around. Same with the house.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:31 am 

47/14

Because I've always driven a long way to work, I've commonly kept two vehicles. I'm fair at keeping them clean. They look great right now.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:28 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

30/7

Only two have been new and 3 were real, true blue beaters. One I drove for 14 years, didn't have A/C for 10 and had 240,000 when I traded it in for $200.

I've never lost one to a wreck. I was in 2 wrecks in consecutive years (neither my fault, one in my wife's SUV and one in my car) and the body shop screwed us over on repairs both times. The issues were discovered on trade in. It probably didn't cost us any money, but it did lead me to decide that the next time I'm in a wreck with significant damage I will set fire to the vehicle on the side of the road.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:34 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

37/4 (5 if you count the motorcycle, and 5 more if you count the cars for spouses)

Only one of them was new, and unless I get a huge windfall of money I'll not buy another new one. If I got a new truck decked out it would cost as much as I paid for the house I had in Lewisville. Crazy!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:18 am 

Scattershooting while wondering what David Robinson Also is doing tonight.

My school's filtering software throws warnings for bad lyrics, most of which I ignore. Sometimes I get warnings for Megan Thee Stallion stuff, so I tried to listen to a song. What the fuck is that? It is pure audio dogshit.

I am licensed to carry a firearm in my school. I use a pocket holster and a school-issued Glock 43. The training to get to do this is extremely thorough, very intense, and not much fun. The trainers do not fuck around with this at all. Most of the men use compression shirts that have a holster in them, but I am too small for that. The women use a tummy holster that hangs under their boobs.

If someone tells you they don't play games in a relationship, avoid them. Avoid people who are younger than you, too. Ain't worth it.

Even though I don't really have a favorite team, I have really enjoyed college football this year.

I can't believe I used to end my posts with Tickets drops and I will never do that again.

I don't wanna poo poo.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:21 am 

Out of nowhere comes a drunken Hoob.

My siblings and I are taking turns staying with my old mother to keep her from wandering off. She will eventually wind up in a nursing home but it's taking a long time to get it done. Hopefully she will get put in there before I do.

I was at a high school sporting event a couple of days ago and some granny with fake boobs passed by. It occurred to me that before I die, I'll ask a stranger if those things are real. These were spectacular.

Being single and a senior citizen meant that dealing with women was a strange experience. And bizarre. I could write a book about it. Or maybe post it in a drunken ramblings blog.

As I mentioned in another thread, I re-married recently. The hardest part of that was fitting all of our stuff in one house. We've both lived alone for over a decade, so we had plenty of crap.

I guess the Freak is about to die. Their ratings are bad. So are their shows. Because of my love for Rhyner, I wanted them to do well. Alas, it's not meant to be.

Hoob.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:15 pm 

jim jack wrote:
Being single and a senior citizen meant that dealing with women was a strange experience. And bizarre. I could write a book about it. Or maybe post it in a drunken ramblings blog.

I would love to read your thoughts on these matters.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27