Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Trump
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:35 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sweet Greggo wrote:
3. Speaking of replacing SCOTUS justices, there are some people that think it was okay to not allow Obama to appoint one in 2016 when he still had 11 months left in his term, but now say it's okay for Trump to choose a new justice because a president's term is 4 full years and he must do his job until January 20. Those people are hypocrites and they are dumb.

I actually didn't have a problem with this now or in 2016. The Republicans won and they played by the rules in place. If the Democrats don't want this to happen, win and/or change the rules. They are full of shit if they say they wouldn't have done the same thing with the shoe on the other foot. My problem is with the appointees. Gorsuch was a decent pick, but Kavanaugh and Barret are woefully under experienced and under qualified.

Trump's legal challenge will go nowhere. The only evidence he's produced so far is a handful of affidavits from Philadelphia that include such damning accusations as "the registered Republican observers didn't act conservative enough" and "I thought military voters always go Republican."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:11 pm 
Site Admin

I tend to agree on that one. There should probably be a bipartisan effort (I know) to expand the Supreme Court, so one death doesn’t shit on half of the country. I hate the fucking circus this has turned into.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:55 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

bigboy wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
3. Speaking of replacing SCOTUS justices, there are some people that think it was okay to not allow Obama to appoint one in 2016 when he still had 11 months left in his term, but now say it's okay for Trump to choose a new justice because a president's term is 4 full years and he must do his job until January 20. Those people are hypocrites and they are dumb.

I actually didn't have a problem with this now or in 2016. The Republicans won and they played by the rules in place. If the Democrats don't want this to happen, win and/or change the rules. They are full of shit if they say they wouldn't have done the same thing with the shoe on the other foot. My problem is with the appointees. Gorsuch was a decent pick, but Kavanaugh and Barret are woefully under experienced and under qualified.

Trump's legal challenge will go nowhere. The only evidence he's produced so far is a handful of affidavits from Philadelphia that include such damning accusations as "the registered Republican observers didn't act conservative enough" and "I thought military voters always go Republican."

The senate approving the justices is supposed to be part of our checks and balances. There is no check and balance if the senate won't interview justices appointed by a president from the other party, and rubber stamps justices appointed by a president from the same party. It's just more extreme partisanship which fuels the fire of stupid notions like stacking the court.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:11 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I'm not saying I agree with that or that it's the right way to do it, but it's within the rules.

The Supreme Court has always had a little mystery to it where you can't always predict which side a justice will take based on their assumed political leanings or by the party of the president that appointed them. I don't feel it will stay that way for long based on the last 2 appointments.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:49 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I know it's within the rules but I think that part is broken. I fully support the idea that congress should have enough power to keep a president in check, but nowadays it seems like the main focus of each party is just to shut the other down no matter what. Perfect example: during the VP debate, Harris was asked if she would get a COVID vaccine shot when one becomes available. Her response:

“If public health professionals, if Dr. Fauci, if the doctors tell us that we should take it, I’ll be the first in line to take it, absolutely,” she said. “But if Donald Trump tells us that we should take it, I’m not taking it.”

That along with not declaring Biden would try to stack the Supreme Court had me yelling at the tv. WTF does that even mean, if Trump says to take it you won't? If a viable vaccine is released while Trump is president, Fauci along with other medical professionals will most likely promote it. It doesn't matter which side "gets the credit", what matters is the people are protected and we can start getting things back to normal.

Centrist thinking in DC is almost taboo. The two parties just refuse to work with each other. Social media, fringe blogs and "news" sites, and radical pundits on cable news go into mouth-frothing attack mode any time compromise is shown, no matter how small. If you don't toe the party line you'll be label a RINO or DINO and get crucified by the party fringe dwellers, who now have a much louder voice than previously, thanks to social media.

America's diversity is its strongest attribute, but its bigotry and hatred towards that diversity is its worst. Our elected government is supposed to be a few representatives of 330 million different thinking people put in place to work together and determine the best solutions for everyone. Seems like its main focus now is just to keep everyone divided so they can have an eternal fight for absolute power.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:36 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

WHAT.

THE.

DUCK.

My FB feed is littered with fucking idiots claiming the assault on the Capitol was orchestrated by Soros and carried out by by secret ANTIFA agents, because of course no actual Trump supporters would have done such a thing.

Of course the right is rolling their eyes at Pelosi and Schummer calling for Trump's immediate removal, but holy fuck the dude just riled up thousands of people and sent them to attack Congress! Fuck that power hungry deranged fuck, get him out and don't allow him to run for public office again.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:25 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

This might sound alarmist, but I don't think his people are done with their rabble rousing just yet. I fully expect something similar to happen if they schedule a vote on impeachment or it could happen during the inauguration.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:47 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

My wingnut buddy just can't believe those crazy lefty libs are trying to impeach Trump again:

"Pelosi and crew making up yet another reason to impeach Trump. They have no shame. Why should they? Their sheep keep voting them in."

What the heck, man. More than any other time a president has been impeached, this might be the most open and shut case ever. Right before the attack, this is what those people heard:
Mo Brooks: “Today is the day American patriots start taking down names and kicking ass!”
Giuliani: “Let’s have trial by combat!”
Trump JR: “We’re coming for you!”
Trump to media: “Show what’s really happening out here because these people are not going to take it any longer.”

Did Trump expect the crowd to storm the Capitol? I highly doubt it. But as the crowd really started to work itself into a lather, Trump tweets: “Mike Pence didn’t have the courage to do what should have been done to protect our country and our constitution... USA demands the truth!”

And when the mob finally broke into the Capitol, instead of IMMEDIATELY calling for the national guard and getting back on tv to calm those people down, he did and said NOTHING for almost an hour. Pence finally had to call in the National Guard because Trump wasn't accepting phone calls from anyone.

When Trump did finally reach out, he told them to go home while at the same time continuing to stoke the fire by still crying foul about the election. His message to the rioters: “Go home. We love you. You’re very special.”

If you believe the reports, he's been cautioned by his people numerous times over the years about how his rhetoric is emboldening the nutters, but he apparently dismissed the warnings. Through his words over the last five years and especially the last 2 months, he created an army that literally attacked one of our branches of the government. And then appeared to be okay with it when he showered those fucktards with affection. That’s just not acceptable.

I’ve never hid my dislike for Trump, but I’m truly looking at the situation here and not the people. A president incited a riot that led to an attack on congress. 5 people are dead. 50 officers injured. His response has been suspect. If that’s not an impeachable offense I don’t know what is.

I don't think I'm being hyperbolic when I say Donald Trump is a credible threat to our democracy. If he continues with the same tone there will be more and more unrest that could turn into an actual uprising. I don't believe these people would ever succeed in over throwing the government, but the fires of unrest could continue to burn white hot for decades. I don't think that's Trump's goal, I just think he's so fucking narcissistic he doesn't care what happens as long as it keeps him relevant and gives him a true shot at returning to the White House.

There should be 536 signatures on the impeachment papers that remove him as president and bar him from ever holding public office again.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:23 am 

Pence probably doesn’t have the balls to invoke the 25th amendment, so impeachment is the way to go. Trump has never hidden who or what he is. Fuck Cruz too.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:18 pm 
I'm a tool.

It's crazy yo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:24 pm 
I'm a tool.

This is funny

https://twitter.com/BL0NDAMBITION/statu ... y-to-layla

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:07 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

:byewhore:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:20 pm 

Looking forward to extreme taxation, government control of private businesses and the collection of my firearms!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:31 pm 
I'm a tool.

Welp it's been a good 4 years. See ya later!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:09 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

don keyballs wrote:
and the collection of my firearms!

How long did it take you to get them back after Obama left office?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:55 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

don keyballs wrote:
Looking forward to extreme taxation, government control of private businesses and the collection of my firearms!

Last edited by Sweet Greggo on Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:47 pm 
Site Admin

bigboy wrote:
don keyballs wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:34 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sweet Greggo wrote:
I don't think I'm being hyperbolic when I say Donald Trump is a credible threat to our democracy. If he continues with the same tone there will be more and more unrest that could turn into an actual uprising. I don't believe these people would ever succeed in over throwing the government, but the fires of unrest could continue to burn white hot for decades. I don't think that's Trump's goal, I just think he's so fucking narcissistic he doesn't care what happens as long as it keeps him relevant and gives him a true shot at returning to the White House.

There should be 536 signatures on the impeachment papers that remove him as president and bar him from ever holding public office again.

I have to say I'm still rather shocked at the amount of people in congress who are so partisan they are willing to flush democracy down the toilet in order to get their way. For some stupid reason I thought that clearer heads would prevail here and see the threat for what it is, but there are still about 200 members of congress willing to overturn the results of a fairly held election and unwilling to impeach a man who caused an uprising that tried to overthrow the government and threatened to kill members of congress. Oh, and tried to strongarm elections officials to flat out lie about the election results and proclaim him the winner.

I still don't think nutters could physically overthrow the government, but I'm not unconvinced that congress would do it themselves. I get a little pit in my stomach to think of what would have happened if republicans had a super majority in the house and senate.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:53 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

They all just wanna stay in power, Craig. They've gone over the polls and the focus groups and they've determined that they can stay in power by catering to the nutters. It's sad, but this is what an ideological civil war does. There's no longer a place for discussion or nuance or any grey areas. It's just Us v. Them.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:54 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Trump has been impeached for inciting an insurrection and lost his entire legal team because he wanted them to defend him on the basis that the election was stolen. He was essentially prepared to admit guilt and say that he was justified in inciting the insurrection at the capital. This is the part that blows my mind and shouldn't: There's no way most Republicans would vote to convict him.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:27 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Tit Whistle wrote:
They all just wanna stay in power, Craig. They've gone over the polls and the focus groups and they've determined that they can stay in power by catering to the nutters. It's sad, but this is what an ideological civil war does. There's no longer a place for discussion or nuance or any grey areas. It's just Us v. Them.

And by catering to the nutters the crazy has spread so much that actual nutters are getting elected and skewing the parties more and more away from center.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:32 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

bigboy wrote:
This is the part that blows my mind and shouldn't: There's no way most Republicans would vote to convict him.

I'm scratching my head on that one, too. That and how quickly Graham jumped back on Trump's dick after the great speech he gave on the senate floor the night of the attack.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:06 pm 

bigboy wrote:
don keyballs wrote:

There was never an actual plan to remove weapons from people, or tax them for owning them, or having to pass a mental health check to buy ammunition. Obama also did not have control of the White House, Senate, the house, and soon the supreme court.

I fucking hate all of them, but especially the big players. Biden, Cameltoe harris, pelosi, Schumer, AOC, Maxine waters, etc.

Let me know when the country is better. Until then, I am going to work as many jobs as I can, to save for when that all goes away too, or is taken over by big brother and the one party government.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:36 pm 

Who is paying for this impeachment hearing? It’s not free, right. Does the government now produce and sell goods to pay for this, or is it coming out of my taxes?

What will it prove if he’s impeached and found guilty? What good will it do our country?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:54 pm 
Site Admin

don keyballs wrote:
Who is paying for this impeachment hearing? It’s not free, right. Does the government now produce and sell goods to pay for this, or is it coming out of my taxes?

What will it prove if he’s impeached and found guilty? What good will it do our country?

hopefully it doesn't end up costing as much as all the Benghazi hearings

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:48 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

don keyballs wrote:
bigboy wrote:
There was never an actual plan to remove weapons from people, or tax them for owning them, or having to pass a mental health check to buy ammunition. Obama also did not have control of the White House, Senate, the house, and soon the supreme court.

You're gonna have to show your work on that. I've never heard of Biden calling for any of that. His main call is for universal background checks. Big whoop. I've sat in fast food drive thru lines longer than any gun purchase background check I've been through. He's for an assault weapons ban, which I'm not crazy about, and a ban on high capacity magazines, which I could take or leave. Same with getting rid of immunity for gun manufacturers.

The Democratic razor thin majority in the Senate is not going to be a free pass for them on every issue, especially gun control. Moderate Democrats from the south still have to get reelected and they're not going to go along and every willy nilly gun control measure. Same with packing the courts.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:46 am 
I'm a tool.

fruitdog wrote:
don keyballs wrote:

What hearings?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:27 pm 
Site Admin

cap wrote:
fruitdog wrote:
don keyballs wrote:

What hearings?

I know it's hard for you but try to be less of a moron. There were something like 10 investigations. The investigation by the republican lead House Benghazi Committee had 33 hearings alone https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/06 ... azi-report

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:39 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

bigboy wrote:
don keyballs wrote:
bigboy wrote:

You're gonna have to show your work on that. I've never heard of Biden calling for any of that. His main call is for universal background checks. Big whoop. I've sat in fast food drive thru lines longer than any gun purchase background check I've been through. He's for an assault weapons ban, which I'm not crazy about, and a ban on high capacity magazines, which I could take or leave. Same with getting rid of immunity for gun manufacturers.

The Democratic razor thin majority in the Senate is not going to be a free pass for them on every issue, especially gun control. Moderate Democrats from the south still have to get reelected and they're not going to go along and every willy nilly gun control measure. Same with packing the courts.

Beto's hard left stance on guns (among other things) killed his chances at a senate seat.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:18 am 
Site Admin

I don’t know, Beto was closer than any Dem in Texas state wide elections since 1988. He outperformed Hagar and Biden in Texas 2 years later when we were supposedly turning more purple.

Maybe it was because of Cruz though.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:41 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Cruz might be even more terrible than Trump. I always consider what politicians would be like to hang out with. I would probably enjoy watching baseball with W. As much as a lot of people despise him, he doesn't seem to take himself too seriously. I disagreed with a lot of Obama's politics, but he is very high on the list of celebs I would love to sit down with and drink a beer. Trump is awful, but given that he's a border line waterhead, I bet he at least says some stuff that would make you laugh and is probably good for 1-2 inappropriate sexual comments in a given conversation. I bet Cruz's family even hates hanging out with him. Also high on the list of shitty politicians to hang out with: Mike Huckabee.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:48 am 
Site Admin

:babyarm:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:32 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

or somesuch wrote:
I don’t know, Beto was closer than any Dem in Texas state wide elections since 1988. He outperformed Hagar and Biden in Texas 2 years later when we were supposedly turning more purple.

Maybe it was because of Cruz though.

Now that I think of it, he said that when he was running for prez.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXcL_I3 ... el=ABCNews

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:23 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Can we just send Trump to Elba and be done with it?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:25 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Someone should check on Don Keyballs to see if he's surviving without all his guns.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:26 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

bigboy wrote:
The Democratic razor thin majority in the Senate is not going to be a free pass for them on every issue, especially gun control.

This prediction was a work of art.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2023 1:45 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

bigboy wrote:
Someone should check on Don Keyballs to see if he's surviving without all his guns.

I would have paid good money to see the look on his face when Biden showed up at his house.