Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1664 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40
 Post subject: Re: TV Talk
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 7:11 am 
I'm a tool.

That was a scary episode. It gave insight of how the DNC probably acted :shoehorn: Biden in

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 1:06 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Final predictions

Either: Ken wins, and he's all alone at the top, no friends, family hates him.

or: Matsson wins, and installs Greg as CEO.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 4:08 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

"Drinking things that aren't normally drinks" got an lol from me.

They did briefly show Logan being worked on on the plane, so it would indeed be horrible writing if they backtrack and say it was all planned.

I thought Ken and Rome calling MN was silly. Especially Rome, who's attitude seemed to say "if we call it then they can't change it". There will be a revote, or the voting machine records will get pulled from a backup, or someone will admit to being paid by Mencken directly to firebomb the polling office. It will come out that Mencken and ATN cut a deal on the announcement, and that will tank the stock down to pennies, leaving all of them broke as a joke. Ken will suicide himself, Rome will become Stewy's gimp, Shiv will abort Tom's baby and shack up with Nate, and Cameron's ho wife will dump his penniless ass and he'll walk into the desert naked and die from exposure.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 4:47 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Tit Whistle wrote:
Ken wins, and he's all alone at the top, no friends, family hates him.

This makes the most sense. They're essentially turning him into Logan and there were a lot of Easter eggs pointing to that in this episode: the fight with his ex over the kids, berating Jess for telling him she was leaving when he wouldn't let her let it go, his impromptu eulogy defending his father turned into praise for all the money he made, and, most of all, dressing down Roman for screwing it up with Mencken.

Greg huffing it through midtown on a Citi bike to hurry up and meet Mencken was good for a laugh and the scene when they arrived at the cemetery was great.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 11:18 am 
Site Admin

Just watched the Kendall rap episode. Been rapping “L to the OG” for about 10 hours.

:mikehunt:

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 11:37 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

The full 2 minute version of the song is on Spotify, Amazon music, etc.

You're not there yet and this isn't much of a spoiler, but I was so disappointed he got cold feet with his 40th birthday performance.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 10:41 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Good finale for Succession. I knew as soon as the kids started working together that their plan wouldn't work out. Kendall is the biggest loser. Roman looked happy to be out. Shiv still has an in with the company through Tom, but she would have to live with someone she hates.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 11:28 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

There were no real winners. Tom is a puppet and Greg will forever be tormented by him. Shiv has turned into her mom. Connor probably won't get his ambassadorship. Kendall stomping about being the "eldest boy" was the most pathetic thing we'd seen from any of them. I was hoping he'd jump into the ocean but they cut to credits. Roman was the only one who looked happy, but he's still a little shit. They're all still filthy rich so I don't know they're crying about.

Great show. S Tier.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 12:55 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I liked the show but man the characters are some of the most annoying I've ever seen. I know you have to suspend reality while you're being entertained, but when you find yourself thinking "that person would never say/do that" or "if he/she would just say/do such n' such then all this drama would be avoided" literally every 10-15 minutes then it's hard to stay in fantasy land. I do like the show but binge watching really helped. I don't know if I would have stuck with it watching week to week.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:17 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Barry is all wrapped up. Season 4 was goofy. I couldn't tell whether the 8 year jump into the future was real or just another one of Barry's day dreams. The scenes at his house had an overall tone of surrealism. The actual camera work was beautiful though. It's been great the whole series, but season 4 is shot so well I was compelled to see if they consulted the Coen bros (they did not).

All in all it's a decent series, but I would have been fine if they ended after the 3rd season.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:33 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

We also watched Barry, and the last season felt a little disjointed from the others. I guess I missed the humor of the earlier seasons, though I still loved the surreal weirdness of it all. Someone needs to let Bill Hader direct movies. I'd go see them.

Good show. A Tier.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:03 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I had a work trip yesterday and I watched the first 6 episodes of Barry over the 2 flights. I can't figure out why I waited this long to start watching it. It's crazy fun. Henry Winkler is brilliant and Sally does a little something for me.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:30 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

NoHo Hank is one of the greatest characters ever created for television.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:05 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

"You sent a bullet, like in the mail?"

"DHL. It's actually really cool."

:D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:46 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

The Bear is awesome, though also nerve-wracking.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:50 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I think I might have to jump into that after I'm done with Barry.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:21 am 
I'm a tool.

I'm on season 2 of Ted Lasso. It's a cute show. Waaaay overrated.

Just started on the bear. So far so good. Northerners are so animated

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:06 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

cap wrote:
I'm on season 2 of Ted Lasso. It's a cute show. Waaaay overrated.

Just started on the bear. So far so good. Northerners are so animated

Dead on on Lasso. Overall it's pretty good. Most of the soccer players are enjoyable characters. It's a tough watch when they're actually playing a game though. Even with the quick cuts they look like they're moving in slow motion.

I finished up season 1 of The Bear last night. I can't imagine working in that type of environment, even if you love what you do.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:21 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I've watched about half of season 3 of Ted Lasso and just can't bring myself to finish it. Splitting Keely away from the team made the show too broad with a storyline that I just don't give a shit about.

Barry was excellent. The last season was dark as hell but I still liked it. The episode with Barry and Fuches running around looking for the kung fu girl was great television.

I just watched the first episode of The Bear. I'm in.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:24 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

The Keely character is the worst part of Lasso. Maybe I just don't like the actor. She's got a weird face and that accent is the worst.

Spoilers on Bear follow...

The first season of The Bear is really good. I'm 7 episodes into season 2. The overall story arc is good but I'm having a hard time believing deli cooks can become Michelin tier chefs at all, much less in such a short amount of time. The Sydney character I like less than Keely. Or maybe I just don't like how the actor is playing her. When she speaks it sounds like she puts a questions mark after every single word that comes out of her mouth. I know she's self-conscious, trying to be reserved and not upset anyone, but the way she talks just isn't believable. And the way she prepares food doesn't strike me as someone who has actually done it before. I've got gripes about most of the rest but they're minor.

Also, season 2 is jammed with guest stars, which is pretty surprising (and cool). Jamie Lee Curtis will win an emmy next year for episode 6.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:26 pm 
I'm a tool.

Sweet Greggo wrote:
The Keely character is the worst part of Lasso. Maybe I just don't like the actor. She's got a weird face and that accent is the worst.

She looks like a real doll. Somey told me

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:02 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sweet Greggo wrote:

Spoilers on Bear follow...

The first season of The Bear is really good. I'm 7 episodes into season 2. The overall story arc is good but I'm having a hard time believing deli cooks can become Michelin tier chefs at all, much less in such a short amount of time. The Sydney character I like less than Keely. Or maybe I just don't like how the actor is playing her. When she speaks it sounds like she puts a questions mark after every single word that comes out of her mouth. I know she's self-conscious, trying to be reserved and not upset anyone, but the way she talks just isn't believable. And the way she prepares food doesn't strike me as someone who has actually done it before. I've got gripes about most of the rest but they're minor.

Also, season 2 is jammed with guest stars, which is pretty surprising (and cool). Jamie Lee Curtis will win an emmy next year for episode 6.

S2E6 had me in knots, but goddamn it was great. Gonna try to make watching it an annual Christmas tradition. Not sure how it'll take with the fam.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:45 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

A new season of Shoresy dropped this week. It's every bit as good as the first. Keilani Elizabeth Rose has recovered from her injuries and is as hot as ever.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:49 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Has anyone been watching "Welcome to Wrexam"? There's a lot of sap in it but it's still a really good show.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:50 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I've been diving into DC movies and shows as of late. Just binged all of the "Superman and Lois" episodes. It's a little cheesy a lot of the times. Per usual with these shows, you'll ask multiple times an episode: "I thought XXX was all powerful and super fast... how are they so affected by the hit from that rocket/robot?

The coolest thing about the show is they play Ween whenever they show Bizarro or are in Birzarro Earth. Very appropriate!

https://youtu.be/awNPqqlcvGk?si=9E7W5rQpbA3SZ36D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:11 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sweet Greggo wrote:
The coolest thing about the show is they play Ween whenever they show Bizarro or are in Birzarro Earth. Very appropriate!

https://youtu.be/awNPqqlcvGk?si=9E7W5rQpbA3SZ36D

:shock: :fist: :rockon:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1664 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40