Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1664 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
 Post subject: Re: TV Talk
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 9:21 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

:babyarm:

A handful more episodes could've fleshed it all out a little better. They didn't stick the landing, but it wasn't as bad as Lost.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 9:23 am 
I'm a tool.

:babyarm: It was a better ending than The Sopranos. I see three spinoffs

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 11:01 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Still a better love story than Twilight?

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 2:17 pm 
Site Admin

Sweet Greggo wrote:
Still a better love story than Twilight?

You will always be my queen, Craig.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 2:12 pm 
Site Admin

It was shit. D&D have about zero credibility with me now but that probably won't keep from seeing the shitty star wars movie they make. I am weak willed.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 4:15 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I'm around the halfway point of season 3, but I asked a coworker what he thought of the finale. His takes are always interesting because he generally hates everything for the weirdest reason. Just to highlight a few, he hates all 4 of the recent Star Wars releases (he was downright angry about Rogue One - "It was pointless, they killed everyone!"), The Martian, and Dunkirk. All movies with their flaws, but they all beat the hell out of a good day at work. He was particularly incensed about the penultimate episode of GOT, so I expected similar outrage of the finale. Nope, he said it wasn't what he expected, but loved it.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 9:35 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I'm tapping out on Star Wars after Skywalker cuz I wanna see how it ends, but otherwise I just don't give a shit about that series anymore.

And if bigboy's buddy hated the last 4, I bet he hated the prequels too and is probably one of those people who think RotJ is a big bag of dogshit, so he's actually hated the last 8 movies and only likes the first 2 which means his batting average is .200 with these movies and that's shitty yet he still goes to see them which is kinda like rooting for Julio Lugo year after year and each year thinking this is gonna be the year he breaks out.

So don't be a Julio Lugo fan. It's time to move on from these things.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 8:24 am 
Site Admin

Will still watch any and all GOT spin offs.

Will still watch any and all Star Wars movies.

Strong will is overrated.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 9:30 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I'm still trying to figure out your avatar. I know it's Bran but there's something else happening. I hope he's worging into Bodie.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 9:35 am 
Site Admin

I don't think there is anything to it. He's just warging.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 12:10 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

That thing along the side of his face throws me off. Probably part of his chair. Or maybe Hodor's wiener.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 2:14 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I don't recognize the guy, but then again I didn't recognize the other guy either. Other guy weirded me out less tho.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 2:35 pm 
Site Admin

Tit Whistle wrote:
That thing along the side of his face throws me off. Probably part of his chair. Or maybe Hodor's wiener.

I think it's just something he was laying on when he was getting pulled around on that sled.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:39 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Chernobyl is really good. You should watch it. It's only 5 episodes.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:34 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Tit Whistle wrote:

Sounds rad.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:57 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sweet Greggo wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:

Sounds rad.

:goldstar: :goldstar: :goldstar:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:49 pm 

I am not a comic book aficionado so I wasn't aware of The Boys. It's really good though and highly entertaining. Elizabeth Shue looks great at 55.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:33 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Trained Goucho wrote:
I am not a comic book aficionado so I wasn't aware of The Boys. It's really good though and highly entertaining. Elizabeth Shue looks great at 55.

I didn't know it was from a comic book but it doesn't surprise me. I've had this on my "need to watch" list for a couple of weeks but currently my household is binge watching The Flash, which I am aware comes from a comic book.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:47 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I finally finished GOT last night. Maybe I would have felt different if I had spent 8 years watching it, but I didn't particularly hate the last season or the finale and there were a lot of parts of it that I really liked. Watching it over 3 months was exhausting. The fact that the episodes are so damn long drug it out and I took a 10 day break while I was on vacation and only had from the last battle in the north to the end left when I got back. The episode prior where they're all sitting around contemplating the coming battle was my favorite.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:31 pm 

I started Succession on HBO recently. It isn't one of their top 5 best of all times, but it has so far been pretty darn good. It's about a super wealthy family. The dad is old and his health is fading and his mostly fuck up kids are gunning for him.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:37 pm 
Site Admin

I'm midway through season 1 of Doom Patrol, which is about a group of lesser known DC superheroes. The only character I knew before watching this was Cyborg, and he's by far the weakest link here. It's a spinoff of Titans, which I recently finished (season 1 only) and enjoyed. I haven't decided how much I like Doom Patrol yet. It's pretty bizarre though. It has Brendan Frasier playing Robot Man, an alias name which is begging for more creativity.

Fun fact: the X-Men were inspired by the Doom Patrol.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:56 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I had no interest in any of the DC super hero shows on CW (I've always been a Marvel kid) but my kiddo started watching The Flash a couple of months ago and I got sucked in. We binged all the seasons, and because of the crossover episodes we then binged all the seasons of The Arrow, and are now on season two of Supergirl. The shows are dumb. Very formulaic. Supergirl is hot though. I mean damn hot. Felicity is okay but she's annoying. Iris is pretty but you get tired of looking at her squinty eyes. Back to Supergirl though. Hot. So hot.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:42 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Anyone watched episode 1 of Mandalorian yet? I probably need another viewing to process it better because there was too much distracting stuff going on while I was watching it. I enjoyed it for the most part. It's pretty short and the battle at the end was entertaining as far as Star Wars goes. There's plenty there to hook me in. The most interesting part for me was toward the beginning where the prisoner was looking around the ship for the bathroom. He mentioned that it would take a long time because he was "molting" and something about not evacuating for a long time. I only found it interesting because I don't ever remember any references to tinkle and doo doo places in Star Wars.

Do any of you guys watch shows with the captions? It has almost become the default for me. I started it way back with Breaking Bad and never stopped. I watched Mandalorian at a buddy's house last night and I felt like I would seem like a dick asking for the captions to be turned on.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:14 pm 
Site Admin

I liked it. Some nice table setting. Some references to the old trilogy without being ridiculous about it, until the last scene. We'll see. The smaller scale stories seem kind of pointless along side the Rebellion vs the Empire, but they've always intrigued me. I do like Oberyn playing the lead and I very much enjoyed the dude getting crunched by the door in the open.

Other than sports/news, I always use captions.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:53 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

or somesuch wrote:

:babyarm: A requirement with kids around.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:48 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I’ve had to have the captions on for years, esp After I came down Miniere’s Disease.

I enjoyed the first episode. My first thought when the door closed on that dude was why weren’t there safety measures in place to keep that from happening.

Last edited by Sweet Greggo on Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:58 am 
I'm a tool.

Tit Whistle wrote:
or somesuch wrote:

:babyarm: A requirement with kids around.

:babyarm:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:53 pm 
Site Admin

I liked the mandalorian. It's not the game changer I was maybe hoping for but it's good. New episode tomorrow, btw.

I started watching Watchmen and I'm loving it. :fist: :fist: :fist: :fist:
I will be glued to the TV when every episode releases.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:43 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Loving Watchmen so far.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:06 pm 
Site Admin

Tit Whistle wrote:
Anyone watch Mr. Robot?

Just started. 5 episodes in. I'm going off the grid. So long, RR.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:57 am 

or somesuch wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:
Anyone watch Mr. Robot?

They waited too long between season 3&4. (Two years) I watched the show a lot and really liked it. Now I have no idea what is going on. I bailed after the second ep of season 4.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:33 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Trained Goucho wrote:
or somesuch wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:
Anyone watch Mr. Robot?

They waited too long between season 3&4. (Two years) I watched the show a lot and really liked it. Now I have no idea what is going on. I bailed after the second ep of season 4.

I stopped early in season 3. I don't say bailed because I might go back and finish someday, but I can't recall what was going on and would probably have to start over.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:37 am 
Site Admin

I don't usually quit on shows. I still watch The Walking Dead.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:41 pm 

I've had Youtube TV for a couple of weeks. I dig it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:46 pm 

jim jack wrote:

Taking the cable boxes back to spectrum next week. Gonna try this.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:30 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sweet Greggo wrote:
Anyone watched LetterKenny? Pretty funny show about a rural Canadian town that's available on Hulu. Funny as hell. Lots of quippy rural common sense thrown out in machine gun fashion with everyone playing off each other like Abbot n Costello or Marx Brothers. My biggest gripe is that the "seasons" are only 7 episodes long.

Season "8" was just released. Pretty solid over all 7 episodes. "Holy Sheet" had me rolling from start to finish. Too. Much. Fun.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:20 pm 
Site Admin

things I started watching/caught up on over the holidays

The Expanse - loved it, really good show. I enjoy how they try pretty hard to make scifi realistic as in they stick to the laws of physics and stuff like that.

The Witcher - loved it, sucks we are a year away from the next season.

Jack Ryan - it's ok

The Crown - I'm about halfway through this latest season. They made a bunch of casting changes. I kinda miss the old cast although Charles Dance was a great change, love that dude.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:59 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I watched the first couple of episodes of Jack Ryan a couple of weeks ago and I just need to go back to it again. It's okay. His character has always been that of a reluctant hero in both the books and the early movies. They do good with that early on, but I'll be curious to see how that holds up.

We just finished season 1 of The Crown. It's really good, but the last two episodes were a labor to get through.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:05 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

fart wrote:
jim jack wrote:

I went with Hulu Live with no ads and I hate it. The app automatically records local sports games, so until I figured that out, I had hell trying to pick up in the middle of one without starting from the beginning. I also hate recording something where I can't fast forward through commercials. The only thing no ads gets you is movies offered for streaming. The on demand items have commercials that you can't skip. I'm going to try YouTube TV and I'm already thinking about switching back to a basic cable package with a DVR since I'm not saving all that much.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:13 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

bigboy wrote:
fart wrote:
jim jack wrote:

I went with Hulu Live with no ads and I hate it. The app automatically records local sports games, so until I figured that out, I had hell trying to pick up in the middle of one without starting from the beginning. I also hate recording something where I can't fast forward through commercials. The only thing no ads gets you is movies offered for streaming. The on demand items have commercials that you can't skip. I'm going to try YouTube TV and I'm already thinking about switching back to a basic cable package with a DVR since I'm not saving all that much.

I'd like to know your opinion of YouTubeTV if you try it. We use PSVue and it's going away at the end of the month so we gotta pick something new. Sounds like YouTube is the best option.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:25 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

bigboy wrote:
fart wrote:
jim jack wrote:

I have Hulu Live with no ads and don't have any commercials while watching On Demand stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:41 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I suppose it depends on the definition of On Demand. If it's available on the Shows or Movies menus that are available to non-live subscribers, there are no ads. If it's the network on demand shows that are only available to live subscribers, then there are ads. It's confusing as hell to figure out which is which. Example, Home Alone was available and my kid wanted to watch it. Since it had the TBS logo (or whatever network) on the screen during the movie, it had commercials. Current season SNL has ads. I watched a few shows from Smithsonian Channel and those had ads. I need to try a trial of You Tube when I actually have time to sit down and enjoy it. I'm not sure why I went with Hulu in the first place since the lineup on YouTube is a bit better. It includes MLB and local PBS.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1664 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next