Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1664 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 40  Next
 Post subject: Re: TV Talk
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:27 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

The Haunting of Hill House on Netflix was pretty good. First two episodes are kinda uneven but the next 6-7 hours are fucking gangbusters. The finale doesn't stick the landing, but overall I give it a B+.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:31 pm 

The Marvelous Mrs Maisel on Prime. Another solid show. I really liked it, my wife not so much. She hated the lead actress chick, but I kind of had a crush on her. She reminded me of a girl I knew a long time ago. One of the ones I still wonder about. It's a Mad Men era piece but a comedy. Really well done imo. I'm liking Prime series more than Netflix lately.

I'd give this one a solid A.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:27 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

:babyarm: I really liked the show too and I'm with you on the lead chick as well. We should call her and see what she's up to.

Warning for anti-semites: This show is EXTREMELY Jewish.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:01 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Anyone watched LetterKenny? Pretty funny show about a rural Canadian town that's available on Hulu. Funny as hell. Lots of quippy rural common sense thrown out in machine gun fashion with everyone playing off each other like Abbot n Costello or Marx Brothers. My biggest gripe is that the "seasons" are only 7 episodes long.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:26 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Escape at Dannemora was really good. They nailed the awfulness of the rural parts of upstate NY. It's on Showtime so watch it during a free trial.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:17 am 
Site Admin

Tit Whistle wrote:
Escape at Dannemora was really good. They nailed the awfulness of the rural parts of upstate NY. It's on Showtime so watch it during a free trial.

I watched that this weekend. Loved it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:53 am 
Site Admin

I've been watching Atlanta. Man I love this show. Very funny. The talk show episode in season 1 had me rolling.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:07 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Anyone else watching the new season of True Detective? It's not quite up to season 1, but it's pretty close.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:43 pm 
I'm a tool.

Anybody watching The Bachelor? Colton is hot.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:38 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

fruitdog wrote:
I've been watching Atlanta. Man I love this show. Very funny. The talk show episode in season 1 had me rolling.

I need to get around to this. I keep forgetting about it. It's not marketed as a comedy. Based on the commercials I thought it was more of a dramatic view of inner city type stuff.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:45 pm 

bigboy wrote:
Anyone else watching the new season of True Detective? It's not quite up to season 1, but it's pretty close.

I don't currently have HBO or I would. I see it's been getting great reviews. HBO stands for Home Box Office.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:01 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sweet Greggo wrote:
fruitdog wrote:

I need to get around to this. I keep forgetting about it. It's not marketed as a comedy. Based on the commercials I thought it was more of a dramatic view of inner city type stuff.

We just finished S2 about a week ago. Love this show. It's labelled as a comedy, but the humor is more often absurd or surreal as opposed to laugh-out-loud. It's downright freaky at times. (I'm talking about you, Teddy Perkins.) It's a comedy in the same way Louie was, except this has cool black dudes in it instead of a white guy who turned out to be a creep. It would break my heart if Donald Glover turned out to be a jerk. I might never watch FX again, at least until Fargo starts up again.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:59 am 

I signed up for HBO again and watched True Detective 3. It was way better than 2, a lot more like the first one, but kind of dudded out for me like the first one too. I think i'm done with Pizzolatto. He throws out too many red herrings in his stories. His finales always fizzolatto too. I will say when ol what's his name was standing there at Julie's and suddenly forgets why he's there, I got a little misty. But that's faggy of me.

Barry was worth signing up for though.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:51 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Barry is great.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:18 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Anyone catch The Umbrella Academy on Netflix? Not bad as far as comic book shows go. I haven't read the comic but from what I understand the show takes great liberties with the storyline. The cast isn't bad. The kid who plays number 5 does a great job. Number 3 (Allison) is pretty hot. Number 2 (Diego) is tolerable. Number 1 (Luther) is pretty weak and number 7 (Vanya) is downright annoying. She's played by Ellen Paige who I'm not a big fan of. Number 4 (Klaus) steals the whole series.

There are definitely some eye roll moments and I question the incesty stuff, but overall it's a pretty good watch.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:31 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Trained Goucho wrote:
I signed up for HBO again and watched True Detective 3. It was way better than 2, a lot more like the first one, but kind of dudded out for me like the first one too. I think i'm done with Pizzolatto. He throws out too many red herrings in his stories. His finales always fizzolatto too. I will say when ol what's his name was standing there at Julie's and suddenly forgets why he's there, I got a little misty. But that's faggy of me.

I thought that moment kind of brought the whole season back together for me. After Hays met with Michael Rooker's character at the beginning of the finale, I felt like they had teased a big bag of nothing once again. The ending redeemed that for me. Are we sure he actually forgot why he was there? Or did he realize she was okay and just decide to leave it all alone? I thought that was open for interpretation. I thought this season was a little less red herring-ish than season 1. There was the first presumed suspect and the dad's death, but most of the other clues ended up being connected to what actually happened. Either way, the two lead actors were great. Roland turned out to be a great character.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:26 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sweet Greggo wrote:
Anyone catch The Umbrella Academy on Netflix? Not bad as far as comic book shows go. I haven't read the comic but from what I understand the show takes great liberties with the storyline. The cast isn't bad. The kid who plays number 5 does a great job. Number 3 (Allison) is pretty hot. Number 2 (Diego) is tolerable. Number 1 (Luther) is pretty weak and number 7 (Vanya) is downright annoying. She's played by Ellen Paige who I'm not a big fan of. Number 4 (Klaus) steals the whole series.

There are definitely some eye roll moments and I question the incesty stuff, but overall it's a pretty good watch.

I watched the first episode and thought it wss pretty good but haven't returned to it yet. I haven't read the comic either.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:39 pm 
I'm a tool.

Schooled is the next big thing. 90

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:10 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Need to lose weight? Check out Dr. Pimple Popper. You may lose your appetite forever.
:puke:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:21 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Tit Whistle wrote:
Need to lose weight? Check out Dr. Pimple Popper. You may lose your appetite forever.

I saw that on the guide this weekend. I figured it best not to stop scrolling.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:55 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sweet Greggo wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:

I saw that on the guide this weekend. I figured it best not to stop scrolling.

Smart move. The one we saw had this black guy with cysts all over his chest, back, and head, and they showed each one getting cut open and all the cheese inside squeezed out.

I had a cyst on my back once, and when I had it removed, the doctor just cut it open and pulled out the little capsule inside. It was about the size of your pinky nail. He didn't go apeshit and squeeze it all over the place. He was professional and I appreciated that.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:53 am 

Tit Whistle wrote:
Barry is great.

Wrapped it up last night. Was sad the detective lady was offed. Did not see that coming. Poor Henry Winkler character. Love that guy.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:27 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Trained Goucho wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:
Barry is great.

Wrapped it up last night. Was sad the detective lady was offed. Did not see that coming. Poor Henry Winkler character. Love that guy.

If I know Henry Winkler, he'll just snap his fingers and two cute chicks will flock straight to his side.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:03 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I tried searching back through the thread a couple of years and didn't find where anyone mentioned Star Trek: Discovery. Anyone watching this? The money that CBS has put into this is impressive. All of the effects are top notch for a tv show. I'm not completely hating the story lines either, though I'm getting a little tired of Michael crying in every damn scene. And I didn't like Tyler from the beginning, so he annoys me. Hated the captain from the first season, love Pike this season. Worst part about the show is they don't put up all of the episodes at once like Netflix does. :/

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:58 pm 
Site Admin

Trained Goucho wrote:

May 31

:weenie:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:54 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Arya will forever be my leader.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:06 am 
I'm a tool.

Tit Whistle wrote:

:babyarm:

But I don't like her being sexually active. I don't know how you fathers of daughters do it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:19 am 
Site Admin

I thought it was a bit anti-climactic, but I've always thought the show is better when it focuses on the battle for the throne and the people. Less on zombies, wargs, three-eyed-ravens, and dragons. So I'm glad the last three episodes will be focused on Arya cleaning up that list.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:05 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

cap wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:

But I don't like her being sexually active. I don't know how you fathers of daughters do it.

The key is not wanting to fuck your own daughter.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:42 am 
Site Admin

cap wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:

You don't know how we do what?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:56 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Tit Whistle wrote:
cap wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:

In Trump's America nothing is off the table.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:03 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sweet Greggo wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:
cap wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:

In Trump's America nothing is off the table.

Daughter-fucking for some, miniature American flags for others.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:02 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Shirt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:24 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I finally got around to starting Game of Thrones. I'm on episode 4 of season 1. It is a good.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 8:49 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Are you like me and more excited for the Barry finale than the GoT finale?

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 9:48 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I was thinking about diving into Barry after I'm done with GoT. Not sure what it's about, but it has a dark humor look about it. It's 30 minute episodes, right? These full hour plus episodes of GoT are wearing me out.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 9:59 am 
I'm a tool.

Barry is ok. It's good. Not great. Not bad. The main character has a good psycho face.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 10:38 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

bigboy wrote:
I was thinking about diving into Barry after I'm done with GoT. Not sure what it's about, but it has a dark humor look about it. It's 30 minute episodes, right? These full hour plus episodes of GoT are wearing me out.

Barry is a contract killer who starts taking acting classes. Two seasons, 8 episodes each, 30 minutes per. You'll fly thru it.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 12:01 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Anyone got into Letterkenny yet? I hate to keep bringing it up but I think it's right up y'all alley.

I probably posted this link before, but just in case... this is what finally convinced me to give the show a try:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q47Uq96lILA

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 12:05 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I watched some Letterkenny last night, gam, and it am a good solid funny show. The well-spoken simple folk remind me a lot of the Coen Bros exceptin' without the murdering. Still there's been plenty of drinkin', fightin', shittin', and cat fartin'. I second gam's recommend. Also, in honor of Squirrelly Dan, I'm gonna starts pluralizing everythings I talks about.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 1:06 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

:D I've watched all the episodes at least 3 times now. There's so much going on it's hard to catch it all the first time through. Like at the end of Daryl's super soft birthday party when Dary asks Squirrely Dan if he knows what "dick dingers" are, and after a pause Dan answers with a regretful look on his face, "Yeah". That joke was set up in the first episode. :D

btw the music is pretty good throughout the series. Lots of indy-type Canadian stuff.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:38 am 
Site Admin

Welp, GOT didn't end as shitty as Dexter, so there is that.

But 13 episodes to wrap it up felt way too rushed. I could have dealt with most of the endings if the characters had been developed to act this way or their decisions had made sense.

Fuck Bran though.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1664 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 40  Next