Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1664 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
 Post subject: Re: TV Talk
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:21 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

bigboy wrote:
I suppose it depends on the definition of On Demand. If it's available on the Shows or Movies menus that are available to non-live subscribers, there are no ads. If it's the network on demand shows that are only available to live subscribers, then there are ads. It's confusing as hell to figure out which is which. Example, Home Alone was available and my kid wanted to watch it. Since it had the TBS logo (or whatever network) on the screen during the movie, it had commercials. Current season SNL has ads. I watched a few shows from Smithsonian Channel and those had ads. I need to try a trial of You Tube when I actually have time to sit down and enjoy it. I'm not sure why I went with Hulu in the first place since the lineup on YouTube is a bit better. It includes MLB and local PBS.

Ah, okay. I don't think I've watched anything from that part of the service. Sounds like a buncha BS though. Doesn't make sense to have ads on that stuff when there aren't any on the shows that are available the day after they air.

I went with Hulu Live because I already had Hulu w/out commercials (and like it). I'm saving a bit of money by just upgrading to Live and not getting an additional service.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:14 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

YouTubeTV no longer carries those regional sports channels like FoxSW. This will fuck up your Rangers viewing this season. Not sure what else they broadcast and whether it'll effect your Stars and whatnot.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:51 pm 

I can't begin to tell you how much this pisses me off. I only got YoutubeTV for one thing, and that's to watch the Rangers.

I got a couple of suggestions at work today and I'll look in to them this weekend.

I blame Sinclair Broadcasting for this. Fuck them all day and all of the night.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:00 am 
Site Admin

jim jack wrote:
I can't begin to tell you how much this pisses me off. I only got YoutubeTV for one thing, and that's to watch the Rangers.

I got a couple of suggestions at work today and I'll look in to them this weekend.

I blame Sinclair Broadcasting for this. Fuck them all day and all of the night.

yep, fuck them. now it's only available on hulu+ which is something like $55 a month

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:25 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I was all set to switch from Hulu+ to YouTubeTV this weekend until this happened. I'm about to go back to cable because I'm really not saving anything on Hulu.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:27 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

They came to an agreement. You guys can enjoy Cookie Talk again.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:38 pm 

:twirl:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:33 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I'm a late arriver to pretty much everything and I started Better Call Saul at the beginning of the quarantine and I'm about to finish season 2. Holy balls what a damn good show.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:17 pm 
Site Admin

Better than Breaking Bad?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:57 pm 

I can't remember where the cutting the cable discussions were. I'm thoroughly put out with Xfinity and am looking to cancel them and go with C Spire. I'm only interested in internet only, no cable. They told me the output is 1gb per second upload and download. Is that good/fast?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:54 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

That's plenty. You need 5 Mbps to stream HD so yeah you should have a lot left over.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:36 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

or somesuch wrote:
Better than Breaking Bad?

Maybe. I still have awhile to go. They're different shows. I tend to like the character development more on BCS. Jimmy, Mike, Chuck, and Kim are a million times more interesting than Walt, Jesse, Skylar, and Hank/Marie. The story on Breaking Bad comes together more quickly while Saul is more of a slow burn. I'm just getting to where the Mike/Gus/Hector triangle is happening and that has me hooked. That storyline feels more like anything on Breaking Bad so far.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:20 am 
I'm a tool.

If you like sword fights, and I do, you should check out 'The Last Kingdom' on Netflix. handsome dude, hot chicks and grex.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:58 am 

Trained Goucho wrote:
I can't remember where the cutting the cable discussions were. I'm thoroughly put out with Xfinity and am looking to cancel them and go with C Spire. I'm only interested in internet only, no cable. They told me the output is 1gb per second upload and download. Is that good/fast?

You should be ok with that. 2gig would be better.

I got pissed off with Spectrum increasing the $ so I went with Youtube TV. I have 200mbps and never get a drop out. I liked them because of the sport coverage, the fuck did that go?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:04 am 

fart wrote:
Trained Goucho wrote:

I got pissed off with Spectrum increasing the $ so I went with Youtube TV. I have 200mbps and never get a drop out. I liked them because of the sport coverage, the fuck did that go?

btw, how are you doing buddy?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:35 am 

fart wrote:
fart wrote:
Trained Goucho wrote:

btw, how are you doing buddy?

I am doing good, fart. It is good to see you posting. I wish you did it more. :babyarm:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:01 pm 

cap wrote:
If you like sword fights, and I do, you should check out 'The Last Kingdom' on Netflix. handsome dude, hot chicks and grex.

I am interested.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 6:59 am 
I'm a tool.

Swordfighter wrote:
cap wrote:

I am interested.

wow. Didn't know we had this users :D

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 9:52 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I posted this in another thread, but it should be here, too. A Parks and Rec special was made to raise money for the coronas.

https://www.nbc.com/a-parks-and-recreat ... al/4160656

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:36 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Anyone watched Space Force on Netflix? It's mostly low-hanging fruit and dumb, but it's good for a few laughs. Fred Willard has a scene or two in a few episodes that made me giggle.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:46 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

bigboy wrote:
Anyone watched Space Force on Netflix? It's mostly low-hanging fruit and dumb, but it's good for a few laughs. Fred Willard has a scene or two in a few episodes that made me giggle.

Just finished it up yesterday. It's pretty strong up until the last 2 episodes. I was worried Carell's character was just going to be General Michael Scott but thankfully it's not. I've never been a huge fan of John Malkovich but he's pretty funny here. I was worried about Lisa Kudrow being in it and was glad to see they made her character very minor. I was surprised to see how old Fred Willard looked. Prior to his death I didn't realize he was in his 80s. I just assumed everyone on Real People was in their 20s or early 30s.

It finished a little weak but I'll definitely catch the 2nd season.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:25 pm 

Why is Kudrow's character in jail?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:29 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Trained Goucho wrote:
Why is Kudrow's character in jail?

They haven't said why. I wonder if it's just to limit her time on the show.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:52 pm 

I just recently wrapped up a 3 yr 40 episode season on Netflix called Kingdom. Kinda weird, it was made for an AT&T channel and aired from like 2014-2017 and Netflix just added it a week or so ago. What a guilty pleasure this was though. A tawdry story from start to finish. A male soap opera revolving around a California MMA gym and its darkly troubled cast of characters. At the top of the screen at the start of every episode heeds a warning of language, nudity, sex, and smoking. The smoking one seems a little unnecessary. Anyhoo, i loved it and i think cap would too.

:cap: :cap: :cap: :cap: :cap:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:39 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Trained Goucho wrote:
I started Succession on HBO recently. It isn't one of their top 5 best of all times, but it has so far been pretty darn good. It's about a super wealthy family. The dad is old and his health is fading and his mostly fuck up kids are gunning for him.

I'm about to finish season 1 and it's really good so far. What I love about it is that every character has a shitty side. All of them. And that makes so many scenes uncomfortable as all hell. Kieran Culkin's character is pretty damn funny and I keep thinking they'll eventually explain why he beat off and shot his load on his office window in one of the early episodes. I LOL'd at him trying to clean it up with a Kleenex and finally just saying "fuck it". The only thing that kind of annoys me is the weird ass nephew that they introduce early on. I was finally happy when they had an episode without him being awkwardly shoehorned into scenes.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:23 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Cobra Kai warns about smoking, too. No nudity though, which is unfortunate.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:18 am 
Site Admin

started the new ridley scott series "raised by wolves" on hbomax. prettay prettay good little show. good world building and premise

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:33 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sorry to wake everyone, but Fargo started up again last night and it was really good. Lots of stuff happened. Looking forward to more.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:29 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I don't think I've watched one episode of Fargo. I dug the movie so I'd probably like the series.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:32 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

We watched "Enola Holmes" this weekend. It was okay but nothing spectacular. It's advertised at rated PG-13 instead of TV14 or whatever the equivalent is. I don't know if they tried to do a short theater run or not but I'd be surprised if they did. This definitely has a "made for streaming channel" feel to it.

I'm 5-6 episodes in on Ratched. It's pretty fucked up.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:33 pm 
Site Admin

The Mandalorian is good.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:56 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Mando is indeed awesome. I'm really liking Favuhruh's vision of the SW Universe.

We watched Queen's Gambit a couple of weeks ago. It lived up to the hype.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:24 pm 
Site Admin

Have we talked about Letterkenny on here? It's pretty damn funny. I really enjoy it.

I watched a few episodes of What We Do in the Shadows and I'm on the fence. Undecided if I will continue.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:39 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I believe that Gam is a big fan of it. Hopefully the kung flu doesn't get him and you'll be able to discuss. I have a co-worker that's a big fan and she did a Letterkenny themed birthday party for her husband.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:49 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

How'r'ya now? Good'n you? Nots'bad.

I've probably watched the whole series 3 full times, and several episodes a half dozen or more. I especially like the episodes with the Dycks. Those mennonites crack me up. Fuck can they run.

Season 9 drops 12/25 on Crave and 12/26 on Hulu. Can't wait!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:15 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Letterkenny is awesome.

I was on the fence about WWDITS, too. I jumped off after like 3 episodes.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:41 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Finally got around to watching Schitt's Creek. Pretty funny.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:44 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

We started it during our quarantine. It's pretty damn funny.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:45 pm 
Site Admin

:babyarm: Catherine O’Hara is a fucking treasure.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:32 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

or somesuch wrote:
:babyarm: Catherine O’Hara is a fucking treasure.

:babyarm:

Dan Levy had me loling the first few seasons. Towards the end he started wearing on me a bit because David was sooo extra. Still funny though.

I never got tired of watching Alexis though :twisted:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:36 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

People on social media go absolutely apeshit over Yellowstone. Am I the only one that thinks it looks terrible?

I'm interested in Resident Alien. Scyfy has been advertising the hell out of it. Allen Tudyk is usually pretty funny in anything.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:08 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

We just watched the first 2 seasons of Succession on HBO. I hate every one of these of these fuckin' characters, but damn if they're not an entertaining bunch. Will watch S3.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1664 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next