Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1664 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
 Post subject: Re: TV Talk
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:59 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

About the only 2 characters I can conjure up any positive feelings about are Tom, Greg (who I didn't come around on until season 2), and maybe Gerri. But yeah they all suck. I saw a few "boar on the floor" comparisons to the Trump kids on social media last week and that's what I thought of when I saw that episode.

If there's not a sex scene with Gerri plowing Roman's back end with a strap on before the show wraps up, I'm going to be very disappointed. Any scenes with the two of them are gold.

"Heard you swallowed your own load" was a great season 1 line.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:57 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Greg is the only who doesn't seem truly awful, but he's a n00b to the whole family business thing. I like how he seems to constantly fall upward despite showing no real skills besides covering his ass. I expect him to be perched at the top by the time it all ends.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:13 am 
Site Admin

I watched the first season of yellowstone and it was pretty good. it's a little outlandish in that bad shit is always happening, kinda ridiculous sometimes.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:41 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Saw the first 2 episodes of "Resident Alien" starring Alan Tudyk. It's a little campy but not bad.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:25 pm 
Site Admin

fruitdog wrote:
I watched the first season of yellowstone and it was pretty good. it's a little outlandish in that bad shit is always happening, kinda ridiculous sometimes.

Yep and it gets more outlandish. It’s entertaining, but I don’t get the acclaim.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:38 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I told my mom it looked like a soap opera and I wasn't that interested in watching and she looked at me like I had a horn growing out of my forehead. Don't all of the guys have southern accents?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:36 pm 

Just wrapped up Ted Lasso on Apple TV. I loved it and think all of yous would too.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:34 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Anybody catch "19-2"? It's a Canadian TV cop drama based in Montreal. I normally am not interested in those types of shows but this one stars none other than Wayne and BRADLEEEEEEEY!!!! from Letterkenny. Also making appearances are DIERKS, Tannis, Devon, and McMurray, who on this show is also a piece of shit.

The whole series is 4 seasons, 38 episodes total. The first season is on Amazon, but to see the rest you have to subscribe to Acorn TV, whateverthefuck that is. There's other ways to watch it though... :rolleyes:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:39 pm 

Get Shorty: I loved the Elmore Leonard book, and I liked the movie as well. This series is every bit as good, although different.

No spoilers, but the series veers off from the book/movie. It still has the same basic plot ideas about the mob moving in on Hollywood, but the story and characters are different.

There were 3 seasons, 27 episodes in all. I'm 14 episodes in and I can't believe how good it is.

It has a Better Call Saul vibe to it, although it's more violent than Better Call Saul.

Solid A-

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 11:41 am 
Site Admin

I didn't think much of the movie, that was probably due to Travolta. I might give it a try. I loved Justified which is based off a Elmore Leonard book.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:54 am 
Site Admin

Mare of Easttown is damn good.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:00 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

fruitdog wrote:
Mare of Easttown is damn good.

:babyarm: One twist too many but I enjoyed it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:12 pm 
Site Admin

about to start the final season of bosch

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:36 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

The kiddo finished Schitt's Creek last night. She cried during the wedding. So did the wifey, and she's already seen it. Girls are weird.

Kiddo then wanted to start watching Manifest, the show where the plane full of people disappears for 5 years. I heavily protested but I was too tired to put up much of a fight. We binged the first 4 episodes so now of course I'm sucked in. It's stupid. Stay away from this show.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:58 am 
I'm a tool.

Sweet Greggo wrote:
The kiddo finished Schitt's Creek last night. She cried during the wedding. So did the wifey, and she's already seen it. Girls are weird.

Kiddo then wanted to start watching Manifest, the show where the plane full of people disappears for 5 years. I heavily protested but I was too tired to put up much of a fight. We binged the first 4 episodes so now of course I'm sucked in. It's stupid. Stay away from this show.

We just started this show and I was like 'this is stupid'. We are on episode 4 now

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:37 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Only 3 episodes in, but Ted Lasso is pretty, pretty good.

We watched the first half season or so of Manifest. After enduring Lost, I was completely beaten by it and couldn't stomach any more. Be careful. Hasn't it been cancelled without resolving the story?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:15 pm 

bigboy wrote:
Only 3 episodes in, but Ted Lasso is pretty, pretty good.

We watched the first half season or so of Manifest. After enduring Lost, I was completely beaten by it and couldn't stomach any more. Be careful. Hasn't it been cancelled without resolving the story?

We ended up watching Ted Lasso 3 times. My only real complaint is the amount of Mumford & Sons that gets played.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:12 pm 
Site Admin

I had to be prodded to watch Ted Lasso. We’re 8 episodes in and I feel like it was worth it. I’m fascinated with the idea of relegation. I wish they would adopt that here. Maybe in CFB.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:14 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Trained Goucho wrote:
My only real complaint is the amount of Mumford & Sons that gets played.

Out

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:10 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

or somesuch wrote:
I had to be prodded to watch Ted Lasso. We’re 8 episodes in and I feel like it was worth it. I’m fascinated with the idea of relegation. I wish they would adopt that here. Maybe in CFB.

I had the same thought when the Musers were talking about the 4 super conferences. Give them all 16-20 teams and let the bottom 4-5 each year get sent down.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:43 am 

Schmigadoon on Apple TV is pretty entertaining. Episode 1 was iffy in a getting acclimated to a musical kind of way. Corn Puddin in episode 2 sold me.

https://youtu.be/S984tFSpJR4

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:44 am 

so far season 2 of Ted Lasso has been a let down.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:24 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I haven't really been let down, but it's a little more ham fisted. Just like season 1, the scenes with Roy are on point. There's been very little focus on Ted and the Led Tasso bit was pretty sitcom cliche.

The line that Higgins had about explaining Empire Strikes Back to his kids is probably the hardest I've laughed at the show.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:06 am 
I'm a tool.

Reservation Dogs- Weird but funny. Like that vampire show, but with injuns

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:57 am 

I hear mike hunt looks like mr blonde.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:26 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Tit Whistle wrote:
Greg is the only who doesn't seem truly awful, but he's a n00b to the whole family business thing. I like how he seems to constantly fall upward despite showing no real skills besides covering his ass. I expect him to be perched at the top by the time it all ends.

This season has driven home pretty hard that the entire cast of characters is pretty awful. Highlights for me: Tom destroying Greg's office when he found out he wasn't going to prison, Kendall making his assistant Face Time with his kids and their rabbit on a big ass iPad, and Roman accidentally texting his dad a dick pic. Shiv's mom telling her she should have dogs instead of kids gets an honorable mention.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:03 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

bigboy wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:

This season has driven home pretty hard that the entire cast of characters is pretty awful. Highlights for me: Tom destroying Greg's office when he found out he wasn't going to prison, Kendall making his assistant Face Time with his kids and their rabbit on a big ass iPad, and Roman accidentally texting his dad a dick pic. Shiv's mom telling her she should have dogs instead of kids gets an honorable mention.

They've gone thru the roof on the awfulness. If I were ever in a room with Roman, that little shrimp would get thrown thru a window.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 11:17 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Severance is really good. One of the best season finales I've ever seen. And there will be a season 2 so it's worth the time so far.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:38 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Been watching S3 of The Boys. It's the gnarliest, goriest show I've ever seen, and it's awesome. They've really stepped it up this season. No hints or spoilers but early in the first episode of this season, there's a scene featuring things I've never seen before in any kind of entertainment. It was astounding.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:30 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Between work, vaca and the in-laws visiting I haven't gotten around to starting the new season. I got a notice that the new season of The Umbrella Academy dropped today. I'll probably not watch that for a while either. It's all I can do to keep up with Obie Trice, Ms Marvel and The Orville for now.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:06 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Anyone else stuck with Better Call Saul? I don't know that it's better than Breaking Bad, but I'm definitely more enthralled. It may have something to do with knowing where it ends up and just waiting to see how they get there. The black and white flash forward episode with Carol Burnett was a nice twist.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:08 pm 
Site Admin

Yes and I like it more than Breaking Bad.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:09 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

:babyarm: Been watching all along and it's great.

3 episodes left and I have no idea how they're gonna end it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:47 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I have never seen an episode of anything Breaking Bad related. Or the Wire. I'm a bad middle-aged white man.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:56 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Tit Whistle wrote:

Me either. The episode when Kim bailed was probably my favorite of the series. Her stammering her way through telling Howard's wife the tall tale about walking on him snorting coke and the look of disgust on Jimmy's face was brilliant. We're still due for a Walt and Jesse appearance before the end.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:11 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

bigboy wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:

Me either. The episode when Kim bailed was probably my favorite of the series. Her stammering her way through telling Howard's wife the tall tale about walking on him snorting coke and the look of disgust on Jimmy's face was brilliant. We're still due for a Walt and Jesse appearance before the end.

The Walt and Jesse episode is this coming Monday. It's titled "Breaking Bad".

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:53 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Tit Whistle wrote:
bigboy wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:

The Walt and Jesse episode is this coming Monday. It's titled "Breaking Bad".

They stole that from that "yeah science!" show.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:47 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:57 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

:twirl:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:49 am 
Site Admin

:D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:05 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

:D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:53 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Last night's was good. Kinda cool that they brought Jesse and Walt back via a newly filmed scene continuing Saul's kidnapping from the episode titled "Better Call Saul". You could definitely tell that was Aaron Paul was aged 12+ years. Lot of people on a message board I read don't like the dark tone of this episode.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1664 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next