Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1664 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
 Post subject: Re: TV Talk
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:30 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

That dark tone seems to indicate it's not gonna end well for Saul. He's not getting back together with Kim. He refuses to listen to anyone and he's getting careless. And Carol Burnett is growing suspicious and she now knows how to Google.

The ending isn't gonna be pretty.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:28 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Tit Whistle wrote:
And Carol Burnett is growing suspicious and she now knows how to Google.

Called it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:31 pm 
Site Admin

Plot twist: it was Ask Jeeves.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:17 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Anyone catch that the only color in any scene involving Gene was the reflection on his glasses of the Saul ad playing on Marion's laptop?

Regardless of what happens Gene/Saul/Jimmy, Kim sure as hell isn't getting a happy ending. Her scenes in last night's episode were brutal.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:59 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Don't know how Kim could ever have a happy ending when the guy banging her keeps saying Yep.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:07 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Not many comedic moments in this season, but that made me laugh.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:15 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Saul over now.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:18 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I thought it was a pretty good ending. The time machine discussion throughout the episode was pretty good, especially the veiled way they got into it with the Chuck flashback.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:56 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

It was a very good ending. Jimmy actually did something selfless for the first time. He and Kim got about the best endings they could get. Jimmy has respect and we can assume is as safe as he can be in that situation. I just hope Kim breaks up with the Yep guy and keeps doing volunteer law work.

And Marie, still hot.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:55 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Despite her kleptomania, Marie was one of the true innocent victims amongst the main characters. Or at of least those that lived through it all.

The penultimate scene being a direct reflection of the scene where Kim and Jimmy were sharing a cigarettes in the first episode was pretty cool.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:27 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Anyone watch House of the Dragon? It didn't wow me, but it was good enough to stick with for the season.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:01 pm 
Site Admin

I liked it a lot and I will see it to the end.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:01 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

The Manti Te'o documentary on Netflix is a good watch. It's only 2 one hour episodes and it limits the number of interviewees to a small enough group that you can actually keep straight who they are. It comes from a sympathetic place where they try to frame him as an innocent victim of an obscure new phenomenon (catfishing), but man, this guy was a real dumbass. I mean, this forum was duping people with fake online personas for a full decade prior. The guy, who is now a transgender female, is a real piece of shit. The one part of the story that I never remember hearing was the girl whose photos were used for the fake girlfriend's profile actually posed for a photo as part of the scam. I was surprised that the documentary didn't delve more into how she was talked into or paid to do it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:11 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I finally gave What We Do In The Shadows a chance and I'm trying to figure out why I waited so long. I'm only a couple of episodes in and I'm hooked.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:04 pm 
I'm a tool.

First season is good. The rest...meh

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:44 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Anyone watching The Last of Us? It has a few flaws, but I'm enjoying it thus far.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:47 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

The Last of Us is awesome. I played the game but only got about 1/3 thru it before I got distracted and never returned to it. Will probably never try to play it. The show is good enough.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:34 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I also watch Last of Us. It good.

First episode of Mando was very underwhelming. 2+ years later and we get essentially a filler episode. Always liked the show, but thought it was overrated.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:23 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

The Last of Us bogged down a little in the middle, but the last 2 episodes were tops. I can't believe the finale was only 43 minutes of screen time. Joel didn't fuck around. I do like how they waited until the end of the season to exploit any emotional connection between Joel and Ellie, even if Ellie's side of it was pretty screwed up by her almost being raped and eaten by Jesus freaks and her subtly realizing that what went down in the hospital was sketchy.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:04 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I hate every single character on Succession, but "Did you rummage to fruition?" is probably one of my favorite all time tv lines.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:13 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I hate them all too, but at least Shiv is hot.

Each season so far has been focused on a different kid and how they positioned themselves to take over but then fucked it up. I think it's Tom's turn this season. I'm standing by an earlier prediction that Greg the Egg ends up on top by the end. After all his dipshittery at the party in this episode, he was still the only one to roast Logan, and thereby earned some respect. Fucker just keeps falling up.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:04 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Shiv wears those pants that make her back end look big when it probably isn't all that big. She's done Tom pretty bad. I'm looking forward to the return of her creepy ass boyfriend that Tom emasculated at their wedding. The best facial reactions come in the form of Willa's :roll: any time Conner starts talking.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:37 am 
I'm a tool.

Youre wrong my friend. She's got a booty and it's just right.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:27 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

bigboy wrote:
Shiv wears those pants that make her back end look big when it probably isn't all that big. She's done Tom pretty bad. I'm looking forward to the return of her creepy ass boyfriend that Tom emasculated at their wedding. The best facial reactions come in the form of Willa's :roll: any time Conner starts talking.

Connor has always been a dope, but he just had that sad monologue about not needing to be loved that said more about him in 20 seconds than in all of his time in the rest of the show combined. I bet middle-aged Cameron Frye has given the same speech.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:50 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

So, um, that was a bit shocking.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 4:11 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

A coworker sent me a text around 9:00 last night saying that it was an absolutely brutal episode. I didn't think much of it and watched it an hour later. I was floored. I saw a video earlier saying that a lot of the scenes on the boat was filmed as part of a giant 30 minute supertake. It was overall pretty brilliant and sets everything up nicely toward the finale.

The episode wasn't without its funny moments. Tom being so put off by Kerry's weird reaction, Tom telling Greg he was taking "Greglets" with him to Sweden, Kendall doing the fake kidney chop on Roman when he got to the boat.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:27 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

It speaks to how awful Logan was that I was thinking for awhile that the whole thing was a prank to get the kids riled up. We've all known since the show started that it had to happen, but I didn't think it would with so many episodes remaining.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:40 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I thought for at least a minute that Tom was screwing with Roman. It would have been awesome if Logan walked off the plane with J. Walter Weatherman saying, "And that's why you don't try to stop the sale of the company!"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:54 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

bigboy wrote:
I thought for at least a minute that Tom was screwing with Roman. It would have been awesome if Logan walked off the plane with J. Walter Weatherman saying, "And that's why you don't try to stop the sale of the company!"

:D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:47 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

bigboy wrote:
Anyone watching The Last of Us? It has a few flaws, but I'm enjoying it thus far.

I like it

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:52 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Diello wrote:
I also watch Last of Us. It good.

First episode of Mando was very underwhelming. 2+ years later and we get essentially a filler episode. Always liked the show, but thought it was overrated.

The first two episodes of Mando were shoehorned into Boba Fett's season. Something must have happened with production on Boba, because it didn't make any story telling sense to put them there.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:03 am 
Site Admin

Mando is kind of boring me now. Grogu was a nice bit at first, but he's too involved now. He should have been a one season storyline. The New Republic episode about cloning was interesting, but I'm over them mixing show material (like the 2 Boba Fett episodes). If they want to make a show about the New Republic and/or cloning, I'm all in, but leave Mando to Mando.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:05 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Perry Mason is worth watching on HBO. I'd like to see a 3rd season so everyone watch it to get its numbers up and get it renewed.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:17 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I watched the first 4 eps of Succession last night based on y'all's recommendation. Prettay gud. Much better characters than Yellowstone, but the backdrop isn't as pretty.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:23 pm 
Site Admin

Sweet Greggo wrote:
I watched the first 4 eps of Succession last night based on y'all's recommendation. Prettay gud. Much better characters than Yellowstone, but the backdrop isn't as pretty.

We’re 4 episodes in as well, but it’s taken us 5 days to get there. Little league sports, man. I’m not sure about the show yet. A lot of shit going on, but I definitely like the idea of the show and the setting and whatnot.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:11 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

The backdrops in Succession improve as it goes on.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:43 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Season 1 is a lot of NYC in the fall and rural England. Season 2 ends in Greece, 3 has Iceland and Italy, 4 has coastal California and an episode in Norway.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:05 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Cool, something to look forward to.

I'm 6 eps in now, and I can already tell you I'm sick of the sister and her goofy failed smile that's on constant display.

I absolutely LOVE Cameron though. I wonder if his dad ever forgave him for trashing the Ferrari. Knowing the dad I highly doubt it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:41 pm 
Site Admin

:babyarm: Cameron is my favorite, but I don’t really hate anyone yet.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 11:34 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Another great Succession episode that did a nice job of reflecting the recent political environment. I read a theory this morning saying that Logan isn't really dead and that's one of the reasons Roman is acting so insane. That would be quite the jump-the-shark moment and it would mean that everyone on the plane and Conner were in on the hoax, especially since he keeps going and seeing his body.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 2:15 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Can't imagine that's true, and it would ruin the show for me if it were.

I think they're all fucked after last night's shenanigans, except Greg, who will weasel his way upward somehow.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 9:12 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I don't think it would really happen. It goes against everything they've done so far with the writing.

For about 30 seconds, it looked like the fate of the election being called was solely in Greg's hands. I would have liked seeing "dancing with an old man" and "drinking things that aren't normally drinks" part of the on screen story.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1664 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next