Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 829 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Walking Dead
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:19 am 
Site Admin

I never minded Beth, but I was bored shitless by this episode. Beth is like 30 in real life. I know Daryl was rooting for Beth to want her first sexual experience instead of alcohol.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:12 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Better episode but fuck them for doing a cold open of a future scene without the payoff. The point is to show us the end then go back and see how we got there. Fuck.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:33 pm 
Site Admin

That was a future scene? I thought was a past scene before Bob was brought to the prison.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:12 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Shows you how much it confused me. I thought he was with Tyrese et al. Or that he came from Woodberry. Never mind.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:54 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Diello wrote:
Shows you how much it confused me. I thought he was with Tyrese et al. Or that he came from Woodberry. Never mind.

Confused me at first as well. The opening scene was how he came to be at the prison.

Beth being whisked away in the hearsemobile was confusing. If the occupants were around to begin with, why didn't they approach when things were calm?

"A free society endangers us, without doubt. It is our Achilles Heel, and our glory. It is the risk we take…. Did so many Americans give up their lives to save our freedom so that we could give up our freedom to save our lives?" … Neil Steinberg

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:56 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

There was an episode tonight. I watched it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:51 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Diello wrote:

Dark, Dark, Dark! :shock:

"A free society endangers us, without doubt. It is our Achilles Heel, and our glory. It is the risk we take…. Did so many Americans give up their lives to save our freedom so that we could give up our freedom to save our lives?" … Neil Steinberg

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:50 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Ichabod wrote:
Diello wrote:

Dark, Dark, Dark! :shock:

:babyarm: I thought it was going nowhere til about the midpoint, then :boggle:.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:24 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 99.54 KiB | Viewed 4031 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:00 am 
Site Admin

Wow, they wrote Glenn to be a fucking idiot in this episode. I realize he probably needs to "claim it" with Maggie's cooch and all, especially in a zombie apocalypse, but how about some common sense?

So I'm guessing Terminus has those people that do the stuff, from the comic books. Looks too good to be true.

Not sure what to make of Daryl's new group. Maybe they're part of Terminus.

I've also been enjoying the Rickless episodes and even though this half-season has been slow, there's been some strong character development here. Finally.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:04 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Which stuff are you referring to? The people who did the stuff or the other people who did the other stuff? Timeline-wise, I think it's the people who did the stuff, but you can never tell with this show. We won't find out til next season anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:07 am 
Site Admin

I'm going strictly on timeline and the mood of Terminus, so I'm probably agreeing with you on the people that do the stuff, not the other stuff.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:16 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I agree I think that's gonna be the case. Was thinking Daryl's new group would be those people, but they seem to have their shit together and would be a good group to be with if they weren't so alpha-male. They might do a lot of things, but they won't do THAT. They might even be decent additions to the cast if they didn't have a hard-on for Rick.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:42 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Cannibals.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:45 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I haven't read the comic books but have enough sense to know that Terminus was going to be a disaster. Glen's group should have run screaming ino the woods at the sight of Terminus! Really? Sanctury as two open gates with no guards and a lady cooking a dinner in an open courtyard? She might as well have been wearing a witch's costume while standing in front of a gingerbread house...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:11 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

So, the finale did not disappoint.

Terminus is what we thought it was though you wonder if they are killing new arrivals why they are taking them prisoner survivors who are obviously a danger.

It was good to see Pacifist Rick snuffed out and replaced with Rick with a "P.

It will be interesting to see how Beth will pop back up though it looks like we're going to have to wait the better part of a year.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:14 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I bet Beth was on the grill.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:25 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

The first 15 minutes were good and the rest sucked. Maybe the lamest season ending moment ever. Worst. Threat. Ever.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:27 pm 
I'm a tool.

Diello wrote:
The first 15 minutes were good and the rest sucked. Maybe the lamest season ending moment ever. Worst. Threat. Ever.

will you dvr it?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:30 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

cap wrote:
Diello wrote:

will you dvr it?

Stop crossing social media lines...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:31 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Diello wrote:

Apparently, he did the last line several takes with an f-bomb, then one with "screwing". Guess the censors scared them.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:34 pm 
Site Admin

I really want to like this show, but I find it hard to believe a redneck cop from a podunk town, who isn't particularly smart or skilled, would have been able to make it this far, much less get them out of the next one. The way he delivered that last line made me cringe. Maybe Tyreese and Carol save them, but Carol is holding a newborn and Tyreese hasn't exactly been useful so far. Or maybe the three of them are on the grill with Beth. I actually hope Beth isn't dead, but Maggie pretty much sucks for not giving a shit about whether her sister made it. I would have liked to have seen more development with how Joe's group found Rick. As it was, it was just filler. Maybe save the new "bad guys" for next season. Fuck it, I don't care.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:37 pm 
Site Admin

and why go through all the trouble of jumping the fence and being secretive if you're just going to walk up to that lady on the microphone and give yourself up?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:37 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Game of Thrones starts in 2 weeks.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:57 pm 
I'm a tool.

Tit Whistle wrote:
Game of Thrones starts in 2 weeks.

i will need fruit to explain it to me. but not until after the episode is shown

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:09 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:49 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sweet Greggo wrote:

Go to your room now, Gammy!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:40 am 
I'm a tool.

nasty. that reminds me of my high school days. :vomit:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:35 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

My sophomore year I dressed up in my baby blue leisure suit, platform shoes and stylish puka shell necklace to take my girlfriend to the school dance. After the dance I took her back to her house and proceeded to work enough of my leisure suit slacks down far enough to give her the greatest 30 seconds of her life.

After getting back to my house and starting to undress, I noticed that the front of my slacks looked like I'd taken a dagger to the crotch! :shock: I hid the slacks in the bottom of my closet and got the girl who lived next door to wash the blood out on Monday afternoon after school before our parents got home from work. :oops:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:45 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

AMC is rerunning The Walking Dead. I'd forgotten how sucky the episodes with the Governor were.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:02 pm 
Site Admin

Lots of narrow misses. I hate narrow misses.

Looks like Carver is playing the preacher.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:26 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Good episode. The show has learned to do mindless Zombie action rather well. I doubt I could've hit that propane tank with my first rocket though.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:30 am 
Site Admin

Yeah, Carol Ramboing up the place was a bit much for me. It was entertaining though, I'll give it that. They spent all of the last half season leading up to Terminus and it's gone after one episode?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:33 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Isn't Rick going back to finish them off?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:45 am 
Site Admin

Oh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:03 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I dunno. He changed that sign at the end then cut through the forest. I took it he was heading back there. But then next week's preview has him with the group and doing other things.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:12 am 
Site Admin

I also feel like from the Season Preview, Gareth was with them when talking about the Cure in DC. So you're probably right that they go back. Just seems stupid, but I guess that's never stopped them before.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:46 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I couldn't pull the trigger on cancelling the DVR. I'm a pussy. This was definitely a step in the right direction but still had some wtf moments. As you guys said, Carol hitting the tank with the firework was a 'yeah right' moment'. I also didn't like the coincidental nature of the almost execution of Glen. That's cheap. I assume it was meant to scare those of us who read the comics.

I would like to know the actual time-line of how long it's been since the apocalypse. Has it been a year? I guess it's been at least nine months since there was a pregnancy and birth. Did they have to survive winter? I know it's Georgia, but it would still get cold. I thought I read that the last half of last season was eight days. It's not any kind of major issue, but it feels like a set-up like Terminus has been functioning for a while to get to its current state. It sort of feels and often looks like it's been a decade since it all started. Again, no real problem with that, just curious.

I don't remember why Tyrese has a problem with killing?

But I was glad to see Carol employ the camouflage technique that it felt like they all forgot about. Also, Gam's flaming walkers showed why fire + zombies = not a good idea. The 'then' scenes seemed a little forced and revealed next to nothing. I saw some online nerds trying to claim that the group that took it over and threw the eventual cannibals into the train cars (the face tattoo people) were Neagan and his group. I doubt they're ready to start that thread just yet. A lot of the gore felt forced like they've been reading complaints that there wasn't enough of it so let's go all Inglorious Basterds on them. Also, I don't know why anyone believes Mulletard. I want him once to say "I'm learning some kick-ass stuff about the apocalypse."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:59 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Mulletard is gonna be a huge disappointment for people. Looking forward to more of Morgan.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:13 am 
Site Admin

Am I crazy or was that a fantastic episode?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:48 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

It was fantastic, somey.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:24 am 
Site Admin

I thought the scene where Gareth and company were in the church was most tenses. You could almost say the tension was palpable. Even though they haven't shown much in the Sasha/D'Angelo love story, you could really feel her pain when she was revenge stabbing the baddie.

After seeing the look Glenn gave to his old group, I'm guessing he gets it sooner than he did in the comics. The group is pretty large now and he's become a background character. Just a hunch though.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 829 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 20  Next