Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 829 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: TV Talk
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:50 am 
Site Admin

Also, the pregnancy is such a predictable storyline. Was this in the comics? Not sure if I can deal with this show much longer.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:01 am 

or somesuch wrote:
Also, the pregnancy is such a predictable storyline. Was this in the comics? Not sure if I can deal with this show much longer.

Beavis and Butthead are back..

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:06 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

or somesuch wrote:

Yeah it was in there. It was handled nicely though. If they do the same on the show it will be worth it.

This episode dragged ass with only the one zombie in the well.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:11 am 
Site Admin

VBF wrote:
or somesuch wrote:

Beavis and Butthead are back..

and they're awesome.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:18 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sweet Greggo wrote:
or somesuch wrote:

Yeah it was in there. It was handled nicely though. If they do the same on the show it will be worth it.

If they do half the shit from the comics, it'll be worth it. The problem so far has been no arc. It's all going uphill and some things need to be resolved. The girl should've been found dead or alive by now. Dragging it out this long is silly.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:44 am 
Site Admin

I also thought the zombie in the water well storyline was ridiculous. There are four other wells and you're really concerned with getting that zombie out so you can drink from that well? That would be the absolute last resort and there is no way Glenn would be willing to risk himself to go down there. "Yeah guys, there are four other wells to drink from, but you can lower me down here, so I can get this rope around the zombie's neck, so we don't have to shoot him in water that WE'RE NOT GOING TO DRINK ANYWAY BECAUSE THERE IS A FUCKING ZOMBIE LIVING IN IT."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:47 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Yeah but then you wouldn't have seen the zombie get awesomely pulled apart like so much Jennifer-Jason Leigh in The Hitcher.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:52 am 
Site Admin

I'm no writer, but there have got to be other ways to see zombie guts than contrived plot devices.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:19 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I've given that some thought and I can only think of the using the treed zombie as a pinata, but the Mexican family split back in S1.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:08 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

2 good zombie kills this week. Still not enough for me though. The bitch shooting Darryl was retarded. 4 people standing in between her and Darryl and she takes a shot from 100 yards? What the fuck ever. And then there's the barn. They've been at the farm for a couple of weeks and someone is finally checking out the barn? And the zombies haven't made any noise in there up until now? I hate when a show yanks me back into reality with poor writing.

I give it an A-, but I also give it a B+.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:14 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sweet Greggo wrote:
2 good zombie kills this week. Still not enough for me though. The bitch shooting Darryl was retarded. 4 people standing in between her and Darryl and she takes a shot from 100 yards? What the fuck ever. And then there's the barn. They've been at the farm for a couple of weeks and someone is finally checking out the barn? And the zombies haven't made any noise in there up until now? I hate when a show yanks me back into reality with poor writing.

I read someone's timeline online that's it's only been 8-9 days since Rick woke up from his coma, so they've only been there a couple days. But otherwise, yeah, it's getting harder to defend this show because of the shitty writing.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:11 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Tit Whistle wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:

I read someone's timeline online that's it's only been 8-9 days since Rick woke up from his coma, so they've only been there a couple days. But otherwise, yeah, it's getting harder to defend this show because of the shitty writing.

This is impossible. Way too much shit has gone on since he escaped the hospital, found his family, camped at the quarry, went into the city, fought La Raza, left for the CDC, then traveled to farm city USA. I know I'm missing a shit ton more but there his no way he was on a hospital bed 8-9 days ago.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:17 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

TerdFerguson wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:

This is impossible. Way too much shit has gone on since he escaped the hospital, found his family, camped at the quarry, went into the city, fought La Raza, left for the CDC, then traveled to farm city USA. I know I'm missing a shit ton more but there his no way he was on a hospital bed 8-9 days ago.

Sorry but the internet said so.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:26 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I'll back track on the couple of weeks but they've been at the farm for at least 4 or 5 days based on Carl's recovery and the searches for the girl. I don't think 8 or 9 days since Rick woke up is right, but I'm not going to rewatch each episode to get an accurate timeline. If I really thought about it I would say it "feels" like it's been about 3 weeks since Rick woke up. Maybe a month but definitely no more than that.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:30 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

2-3 weeks is probably more like it. It seems longer because they keep looking for this friggin' kid. They gotta wrap that shit up already. I like how they showed her in a flashback so we could be reminded of what she looks like.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:39 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Tit Whistle wrote:
TerdFerguson wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:

Sorry but the internet said so.

Well dang it, you got me there. I guess it was 8-9 days.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:51 am 
Site Admin

Sweet Greggo wrote:

:babyarm: to this. Especially Andrea shooting Darryl. The Sophia storyline is getting old, but it creates tension between Rich and Shane, though there is plenty of tension coming. Still miles ahead of Dexter right now.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:28 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Welp, the Sophia story line is over. :(

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:41 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Shane is a real dick. And after all that, I think the Sophia storyline had a great payoff.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:30 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Tit Whistle wrote:
I think the Sophia storyline had a great payoff.

:babyarm:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:14 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Tit Whistle wrote:
Shane is a real dick. And after all that, I think the Sophia storyline had a great payoff.

Agreed, although too drawn out the Sophia resolution was wicked good!

"A free society endangers us, without doubt. It is our Achilles Heel, and our glory. It is the risk we take…. Did so many Americans give up their lives to save our freedom so that we could give up our freedom to save our lives?" … Neil Steinberg

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:16 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Ichabod wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:

I liked it, but I think it would have been wicked if the mom went batshit, grabbed a gun, put 6 rounds into Sophia's head and then turned it on herself. If the gun still had a bullet for her then great but it also would have worked if the gun was empty and she just kept pulling trigger and screaming.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:22 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Ichabod wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:

It was only fitting that Rick put her down.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:06 pm 
Site Admin

Tit Whistle wrote:

I agree with all of this. Great episode.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:50 am 
Site Admin

So Walking Dead is gone until Feb? What the fuck?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:17 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

They split the season for some silly reason over the holidays. I guess zombies and Jesus don't mix.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:24 am 
Site Admin

Zombies > Jesus

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:37 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

or somesuch wrote:
Zombies > Jesus

:babyarm: :babyarm: :babyarm:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:32 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Tit Whistle wrote:
They split the season for some silly reason over the holidays. I guess zombies and Jesus don't mix.

They did the same thing for Heroes. Maybe studios do this for series that aren't getting strong ratings? That way they can cancel a show in mid season and cut their losses. I dunno.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:40 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sweet Greggo wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:

They did the same thing for Heroes. Maybe studios do this for series that aren't getting strong ratings? That way they can cancel a show in mid season and cut their losses. I dunno.

It's getting awesome ratings, but they made the decision before the season started. Christmas and New Years fall on Sundays this time around so I can see not wanting to air new episodes on those dates, but they need to continue in January. I bet it's all so they can promote the shit out of Mad Men or something.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:56 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Mad Men and Walking Dead both have 13 episode seasons. Maybe they have the hiatus to stretch it out. Although that doesn't explain Heroes because they had 24 episodes per season I think.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:51 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sweet Greggo wrote:
Mad Men and Walking Dead both have 13 episode seasons. Maybe they have the hiatus to stretch it out. Although that doesn't explain Heroes because they had 24 episodes per season I think.

First season aside, Heroes blew. That's what happened there.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:55 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Tit Whistle wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:

truf.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:55 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Tit Whistle wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:

truf.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:57 am 

:babyarm:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:49 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

13 MORE MINUTES TIL THE WALKING DEAD! 13 MORE MINUTES TIL THE WALKING DEAD!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:52 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Another hour and a half before my little one finally falls asleep. Getting 2 yr olds to go to bed sucks.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:07 pm 
I'm a tool.

TerdFerguson wrote:
Another hour and a half before my little one finally falls asleep. Getting 2 yr olds to go to bed sucks.

1/2 teaspoon of jack with 1 cup of water will take care of it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:31 pm 

Tit Whistle wrote:

I miss Mummyhand.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:46 pm 
Site Admin

Tit Whistle wrote:

Motherfuck. It didn't record.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:09 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Kinda dull episode, but that's expected after the last one.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:29 pm 
I'm a tool.

after last season?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 829 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 20  Next