Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Mon May 27, 2024 11:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 829 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: TV Talk
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:23 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

TerdFerguson wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
I like how they made me REALLY want Dale to die this episode and then actually killed him at the end. What a whiney fuck. I don't remember his character being such a pussy in the book.

I disagree wholeheartedly. He was one of my favorite characters and the only voice of reason. Somehow the writers didn't give him the same dumb logic all of the other characters had. Not only that he was one of the better actors on the show imho.

Now you'll have earlobe Shane running the show.

BTW, get off the farm!!!

Honestly it was the guy playing him that made me hate him. One can be a voice of reason without sounding like a whiney liberal.

In the book I think he had more of a "Hey man, I don't agree with you but I understand you gotta do what you think is best" attitude, kinda like what Herschel has turned into. Speaking of which, I hope Herschel keeps this new attitude, cos I couldn't stand him before.

I'd have to go back and rewatch all the episodes but I can't think of a scene where Dale wasn't complaining about something and acting incredulous that others didn't see things the way he did. I'm glad his character is gone.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:25 am 
Site Admin

Reboot the series.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:36 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Spoiler Alert

Shane finally got what he deserved though it should have happened 3 episodes earlier. Since the storyline has gone out of its way to emphasize that they are finding walkers without bite marks, are we to believe that Shane's erratic behavior before his death coupled with him popping up as a walker shortly after his demise, was an indicator that his fate was sealed?

"A free society endangers us, without doubt. It is our Achilles Heel, and our glory. It is the risk we take…. Did so many Americans give up their lives to save our freedom so that we could give up our freedom to save our lives?" … Neil Steinberg

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:03 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Good episode last night, but I can't get past a couple things: 1. Carl's sudden appearance at the end, but that was remedied by the revelation that they wandered all through the woods only to have the shit go down within view of the house, and B. A shitload of zombies have been hanging out just off the perimeter of the farm and they didn't know this. At least the season should end big and they'll probably be leaving the farm.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:29 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

TerdFerguson wrote:
Was it just me or did the opening scene where they're all kicking the zombies did you think of the printer scene in Office Space.

Guess it was just me.

Die motherfucker die!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:11 pm 
Site Admin

<-----was rooting for Shane. Especially after the "They got over you once, they'll get over you again" line. Brutal.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:35 pm 
Site Admin

Ichabod wrote:
Spoiler Alert

Shane finally got what he deserved though it should have happened 3 episodes earlier. Since the storyline has gone out of its way to emphasize that they are finding walkers without bite marks, are we to believe that Shane's erratic behavior before his death coupled with him popping up as a walker shortly after his demise, was an indicator that his fate was sealed?

The virus is airborne and if you die, you'll turn. I think the dude at the CDC said this. In the woods, Randall turned. Dale didn't turn because he was shot in the head.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:29 am 
I'm a tool.

This show sounds more convoluted than True Blood

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:45 am 
Site Admin

but not as gay.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:07 pm 
I'm a tool.

vampires ain't gay

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:01 pm 
Site Admin

Sweet finale. Herschel's Walker shooting was ridiculous. I don't understand why they don't just run over zombies with their cars, but whatever. Wasn't Lori pushing for Rick to kill Shane a few episodes back? Now he gets the cold shoulder when he defended himself? Fuck her. I'm gonna need someone to go ahead and spoil what the fuck that was with Andrea. Bye farm. Dark Rick = :babyarm:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:13 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

That was Michonne who saved Andrea. I cheered out loud when they showed her.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:29 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

So yeah, that finale was fuckin' awesome. Say what you will about the show so far, but that was one damn entertaining hour of television. Also, the host dude from Talking Dead said babyarm at the very end of the show. I suspect there's a lot of OMGOMGOMG!!!'s among the P1 right now. Of course, the guy was holding an actual baby doll arm at the time so I doubt it was a ticket reference.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:03 pm 

It doesn't matter. BaDD will have it on tomorrow with a 20 minute lead-in.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:30 am 
Site Admin

After Wikipediaing Michonne, I may have to go ahead and read the graphic novels. There is no way they can touch some of this stuff on the show.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:14 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

or somesuch wrote:
After Wikipediaing Michonne, I may have to go ahead and read the graphic novels. There is no way they can touch some of this stuff on the show.

:babyarm: I got a bunch of books if you're interested. Or you can steal them like Gam did.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:34 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

So the zombie's were eating some deer carcass and they see a helicopter and they stop eating and start walking in that direction? So gay.

Lori gets all pissed cuz Rick had to put down Shane? The wife and I were doing fake Lori voices while he was telling her what happened and we laughed when fake Lori Terd voice said she was going to miss his penis.

How hard is it to keep Carl in their sights? Someone report Lori to CPS.

When did everyone become Annie Oakley with the guns and stuff?

Was it just me or was the best plan for Rick and Carl to have jumped on top of the RV and drove off? Climbing down into the fray was the best option?

Why did the vagina humans not already have a car started and ready to go once the invasion started? And who keeps all the keys to the cars without getting them mixed up?

So the truck runs out of gas. Somehow it's impossible to turn the Kia into a clown car so they decide to camp on the side of the road for the night and get gas in the morning. If they are gonna have to split up to get gas, why wouldn't they send out a team for gas right then to lessen the amount of time they are vulnerable?

I realize they are the walking dead but what is the shelf life of a zombie? We've seen dead ones along their travels that they didn't obviously kill so will they die off themselves eventually if they don't get any food?

For the record, it was a kick ass finale.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:06 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

:popcorn:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:24 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

The RV was the real WTF for me. Once I heard two sets of boots on the roof, I'd have gunned it. Fuck 'em if they fall off.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:42 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I haven't see the last two episodes and it's pissing me off. I may have to break down and actually buy them through MS or something.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:53 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

What does Microsoft have to do with zombies? Oh yeah, they both get viruses.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:56 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

:rimshot:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:01 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

TerdFerguson wrote:
What does Microsoft have to do with zombies? Oh yeah, they both get viruses.

:hrn:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:05 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

What MS were you referring to?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:08 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

You had it right, it's Microsoft. I'm thinking I might watch the episodes on the Xbox. I don't have DVR or On Demand yet and AMC apparently doesn't allow online viewing. I looked on the website and Hulu.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:44 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sweet Greggo wrote:
You had it right, it's Microsoft. I'm thinking I might watch the episodes on the Xbox. I don't have DVR or On Demand yet and AMC apparently doesn't allow online viewing. I looked on the website and Hulu.

You realize they replay the show 50 times a week. Can you set up your DVR?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:20 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

TerdFerguson wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:

You realize they replay the show 50 times a week. Can you set up your DVR?

I knew on Sunday they replay the previous week's episode right before the new one but I didn't know they replayed them during the week.

The satellite box I have right now doesn't do DVR or On Demand. I'm gonna call this week and get that fixed though.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:33 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Best hurry up and get it straightened out. You have 2 weeks to get your Game of Thrones boner up.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:15 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sweet Greggo wrote:
I haven't see the last two episodes and it's pissing me off. I may have to break down and actually buy them through MS or something.

I finally got my cable internet from Charter hooked up. Last night when downloading the Walking Dead episodes I got an error every few minutes that basically said "paused activity because you're downloading faster than the files can be written to disk."

:fist:

Oh, and the episodes were pretty good. So glad we don't have to look at eyes-glazed-over-open-mouthed-Shane. It was nice of Lori to go out to the windmill and get him all worked up into a frenzy. wtf was that about? "Oh hey, just wanted to let you know I appreciate all you did before and I know I've told you I don't have feelings I secretly had to suppress them but it was really hard but no you still can't have me". I yelled out loud when that dumb bitch was just standing on the porch yelling for Carl instead of getting the fuck out. I hope that cunt dies a horrible violent death.

Prison = :weenie:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:19 am 
Site Admin

Lori is too busy making salad and doing laundry to keep on eye on Carl.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:54 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

or somesuch wrote:
Lori is too busy making salad and doing laundry to keep on eye on Carl.

:babyarm: I can say with some certainty if the Zombie Apocalypse happens tomorrow I will have one eye on gammita 24/7. I don't think I would even be comfortable letting her play in a different room of the house then the one I'm in.

Lori is useless from head to vag.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:52 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

The Walking Dead preview is pretty awesome.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:29 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Worked my way through both seasons of Walking Dead. While the city was more interesting than the farm, I didn't have the problem with season 2 that most seemed to. It didn't drag to me because I wasn't waiting a week for each episode. I understand the criticism, but it didn't bug me. When they found Sophia...holy shit. Rarely am I caught off guard by surprises on TV, but that one was awesome.

My main criticism is that Rick and Laurie are the worst parents ever. That little shit has caused more people to be killed than that flight attendant who brought HIV to the US. How hard is it to keep an eye on him?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:09 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

That was a pretty awesome set of zombie kills tonight. I liked the dude whose face came off with his helmet.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:53 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Tit Whistle wrote:
That was a pretty awesome set of zombie kills tonight. I liked the dude whose face came off with his helmet.

Chopping off the old preacher's leg was pretty cool.

I don't know why they couldn't go in, kill a few, then fall back. Seems like they were dead set on wiping out all of them in one try.

When they gave the keys to Carl before they left, I was already looking to some episode down the road where he loses/drops them and some zombie picks them up. Why do they continue to give that little shit any responsibility? Looks like he's starting to hit puberty and trying to get some of that blonde.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:17 am 
Site Admin

TerdFerguson wrote:
Looks like he's starting to hit puberty and trying to get some of that blonde.

I laughed when Herschel called him out on it and he got panic voice.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:06 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

What is it with Herschel's daughters liking small penises? First it was the Asian dude now its Carl.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:50 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

That was cold, Rick. Cold.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:14 pm 
Site Admin

And awesome.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:56 am 
Site Admin

I was hoping when the prison guys attacked the zombies all crazy-like, Rick, Darryl and TDog would drop back and lock them in there to fend for themselves. That would have been awesome. How does the dude not even flinch when Rick raises the blade towards his head? He had to have at least 2 seconds to react. But I really like this show, lazy writing and all.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:39 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

The show is better so far this season because they're not all just sitting around sweating and talking. T-Dog has proven to be a badass zombie killer. Carol actually has something to do other than act helpless. We get to meet the Governor next week and hopefully Michonne will fuck him up good somewhere down the road.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:39 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

These first 2 episodes are up there with the best of the series. Rick has finally embraced the dark side and that cunt Lori's arc has flattened out. God, her bitching and moaning last season was unbearable.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 829 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 20  Next