Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Lost
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 6:39 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

rowdyhatinwalt wrote:
Diello wrote:
I really liked it. Don't feel cheated.

:babyarm:

The only thing I would have added was Kate getting a spanking with the hot wheels track.... That would have made it perfect!

"A free society endangers us, without doubt. It is our Achilles Heel, and our glory. It is the risk we take…. Did so many Americans give up their lives to save our freedom so that we could give up our freedom to save our lives?" … Neil Steinberg

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 7:42 am 
Site Admin

Man, will they ever get off that island or what?

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:21 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Titette was watching parts of the show with me last night, and when she saw Hurley she asked why he never lost weight if he was stuck on an island for so long. I immediately thought of Gam and how he asks the same questions that a 10-year-old asks.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:30 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Obviously she is a natural genius. Get her tested asap.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 9:47 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

but you sure did a lot of quoting from brit forums about it.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 12:04 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Anyone who has posted one post on this forum ever should never ever ever brag about being too smart to invest time in a tv show.
Ever.
That goes for you, Ninja seal.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 7:39 am 

:grin:

Wow. I've missed a bunch of funny stuff because I rarely open this thread.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 8:01 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

rowdyhatinwalt wrote:
Anyone who has posted one post on this forum ever should never ever ever brag about being too smart to invest time in a tv show.
Ever.
you just made his list, pal. :codsdash:

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 8:36 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

rowdyhatinwalt wrote:
Ever.

Does this mean we can't make fun of Small Wonder fans anymore? :sad:

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 1:07 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

You're better off. It wasn't worth the investment.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 5:48 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Tit Whistle wrote:
You're better off. It wasn't worth the investment.

That being said, I kind of want to watch them on DVD to see just exactly where they Lost me. They need more shit with the time/space portals and some kind of huge war against the others for island domination.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 6:04 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

prez = Jacob (mysterious yet benevolent, hardly around)
MT = man in black (always wants to fight and everyone hates him)
vbear = polar bear (obvious reasons and no one's seen him since 2006)
somey = Jack (our leader and the voice of reason and dreamy)
cap = dumb guy who got sucked into the engine in episode one

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 6:38 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Don't forget WAAAAAAAAAALT!!

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 7:18 pm 
I'm a tool.

Diello wrote:
prez = Jacob (mysterious yet benevolent, hardly around)
MT = man in black (always wants to fight and everyone hates him)
vbear = polar bear (obvious reasons and no one's seen him since 2006)
somey = Jack (our leader and the voice of reason and dreamy)
cap = dumb guy who got sucked into the engine in episode one

kate=your mom

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 7:33 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Is there a definitive website that explains everything? I want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

So Jacob being some kind of god foresaw that all the main characters would happen to find themselves all on a flight from Australia to LAX in 2003 or whatever and visited a few of them at various points in their life prior to the crash because he needed one of them to take over his duties. Right?

The island is inhabited by Others and who knows how long or how they got there but another group of people with Dharma come to the island to study why it is weird and shit. Ben hates his dad is convinced by the others to kill of the Dharma folks and kind of becomes the leader of the Island/Others.

Because of some kind of magnetic screw up, Oceanic Flight 815 crashed. Did Desmond forget to push the button? Wasn't he on the island doing the button thing already? I forgot what caused it initially.

Ben sees the crash and dispatches his minions to see what's up. Those that survived are really alive and not in some kind of purgatory (yet) and they encounter smoke shit and animals that aren't indigenous to the island that somehow no one knows about except some rich dude named Widmore for which you can only get to via sub unless you are are Walt and his dad and you can sail back to the US.

The rest gets fuzzy for me so please continue from here and help me figure out exactly where Lost got shitty.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 7:39 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

yeh, this'll help --> www.googleitbitch.com

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 7:40 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Tit Whistle wrote:
Don't forget WAAAAAAAAAALT!!

Ironically, I'm the forum's Arzt.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 8:11 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

TerdFerguson wrote:
Is there a definitive website that explains everything? I want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

So Jacob being some kind of god foresaw that all the main characters would happen to find themselves all on a flight from Australia to LAX in 2003 or whatever and visited a few of them at various points in their life prior to the crash because he needed one of them to take over his duties. Right?

The island is inhabited by Others and who knows how long or how they got there but another group of people with Dharma come to the island to study why it is weird and shit. Ben hates his dad is convinced by the others to kill of the Dharma folks and kind of becomes the leader of the Island/Others.

Because of some kind of magnetic screw up, Oceanic Flight 815 crashed. Did Desmond forget to push the button? Wasn't he on the island doing the button thing already? I forgot what caused it initially.

Ben sees the crash and dispatches his minions to see what's up. Those that survived are really alive and not in some kind of purgatory (yet) and they encounter smoke shit and animals that aren't indigenous to the island that somehow no one knows about except some rich dude named Widmore for which you can only get to via sub unless you are are Walt and his dad and you can sail back to the US.

The rest gets fuzzy for me so please continue from here and help me figure out exactly where Lost got shitty.

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 11:39 pm 
Site Admin

Diello wrote:

After finally watching the finale and rereading that thread I've come to realize something. Ceepe was the lucky one cause he got away from this show.

I feel conned. All I remember is the creators saying this is not purgatory and guess what?

To me all that alternate storyline bullshit was just bullshit. A complete waste of time. I feel like the writers stole my time from me.

I will never again watch anything with names Jeffrey Lieber, J. J. Abrams or Damon Lindelof attached to it. For me 'from the creators of lost' will be an immediate punch out.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 6:45 am 
Site Admin

*Deletes Lost from Netflix queue*

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 8:02 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

fruitdog wrote:
Diello wrote:

After finally watching the finale and rereading that thread I've come to realize something. Ceepe was the lucky one cause he got away from this show.

I feel conned. All I remember is the creators saying this is not purgatory and guess what?

To me all that alternate storyline bullshit was just bullshit. A complete waste of time. I feel like the writers stole my time from me.

I will never again watch anything with names Jeffrey Lieber, J. J. Abrams or Damon Lindelof attached to it. For me 'from the creators of lost' will be an immediate punch out.

I feel ripped off and I only invested an hour and a half.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 4:33 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

All the unanswered questions...

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 4:47 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Answers to the unanswered questions

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 5:34 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

What is the nature of the light?
It’s like the Force, dude. And if they explained it anymore, you’d have a Liam Neeson speech about midichlorians, and no one wants that, do they?

Genius.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 6:08 pm 

I feel embarrassed that I let my self go through all that crazy, crappyness for so long to only end up with that bucket of vomit.
Because of lost, I have restructured my episode out count from 3 episodes of suckiness to two.
I have within the past year successfully carried out this new and improved episode count of suck on Hero's.

This may have been posted already but this made me have smile mouf, and feel gay all at the same time. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwICmPYCXdM

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 8:29 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I think Lost was pretty great for the first 3 seasons. 4th season wasn't bad, but I remember getting worn down during the 5th season. I was watching at the end just to find out where they'd take it. I didn't mind the ending so much, but was disappointed there wasn't more explanation about the island and some of the other mysteries. I hated the cork in the heart of the island. One dude removes it and the island goes all to hell, but the simple solution is another dude puts it back in and everything is restored. That's some trial you had to go through, Jack, putting the cork back in the hole. Fine work, dutch boy.

And Heroes 1st season was great. It quickly went to shit after that. I bailed sometime in the 2nd season.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 9:36 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I get the feeling, after re-watching a few old episodes from the first three seasons that they weren't sure what the endgame was.
In fact, I doubt they were headed in this direction until the end of season 5.
The antagonism between MIB and Jacob was great. I liked it.
But looking back at some plot holes, it doesn't make alot of sense.

1. the purge. Did Jacob call for that? Or MIB?
If MIB, didn't Richard know and talk to Jacob?

2. Richard: At what point was he made second in command to the leader of the Others?

3. Who were the Others in relation to the whole Jacob/MIB storyline, anyway?

4. Back to Richard, MIB, Jacob...If Ben was obviously lying thru his teeth about talking to Jacob, how the hell could he have fooled Richard about that all along? (Yes, I'm aware that Ben admitted the monster was summoning him instead of the other way around)

5. What's the origin of referring to MIB as "cerberus activity"?

I'm not gonna go as far as Fruit and chew my own panties because it pissed me off, but there are some major plot holes left from Lost.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 10:02 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I'm done thinking about it. It was a fun ride but ultimately didn't have a very good payoff. Time to move on. I'll watch True Blood, but if they show too much dick, I'm out. Looking forward to Dexter in the fall, and hopefully The Walking Dead will kick all sorts of ass.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 10:19 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Tit Whistle wrote:
I'm done thinking about it. It was a fun ride but ultimately didn't have a very good payoff. Time to move on. I'll watch True Blood, but if they show too much dick, I'm out. Looking forward to Dexter in the fall, and hopefully The Walking Dead will kick all sorts of ass.

:fist: :fist: :fist:

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 11:09 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Tit Whistle wrote:
I think Lost was pretty great for the first 3 seasons. 4th season wasn't bad, but I remember getting worn down during the 5th season.

I bailed about halfway through 5 when someone wandered through time to find Sawyer and company working for Dharma in the good ol' 1970s. I had just gotten to a point where I didn't feel like investing time in it anymore. I'm planning to go back and rewatch the whole thing on DVD at some point.

Was this a bad ending that will stick or was it like The Sopranos where a lot of people will start to feel differently over time?

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 11:45 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I actually liked the ending fine, personally, it's just the plot holes they left up in the air that I don't get.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 8:12 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

People are only disappointed by the ending because so much is still left out there unanswered. The ending is fine and no one would have a problem with it if all the other threads had conclusions. Right now, everyone feels gypped because they went for this elaborate finish without tying up all the stuff that made the show interesting in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 11:39 am 
Site Admin

I didn't like the ending because the alternate timeline had zero bearing on what went on on the island. I feel like they could have gotten where they ended up without devoting half the season to it.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 2:51 pm 

fruitdog wrote:
I didn't like the ending because the alternate timeline had zero bearing on what went on on the island. I feel like they could have gotten where they ended up without devoting half the season to it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:57 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:04 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Not.worth.it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:29 pm 

I not get that show.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:08 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Yvette wrote:
I not get that show.

you'll get my foot in your cunt. how's that, you potato eating whore?