Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 9:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 9 Year Old Hangs Self
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:41 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Boy, 9, apparently hangs self at Texas school

Man, how wheels off is your life that you lose all hope at 9! In the 4th grade my biggest worry was making sure I had a green lunch ticket so I could get an extra milk!

I recall one suicide in my high school class. My sophomore year a kid that I had played little league basketball with ended up hanging himself.... He was the stereotypical "quiet kid" who would speak if spoken to, but would never volunteer conversation. I used to wonder what his demons were like....

"A free society endangers us, without doubt. It is our Achilles Heel, and our glory. It is the risk we take…. Did so many Americans give up their lives to save our freedom so that we could give up our freedom to save our lives?" … Neil Steinberg

Post subject: Re: 9 Year Old Hangs Self
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:31 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Shit, most kids his age can barely tie their shoes, much less a noose. But I've heard of cases where kids only a little older kill themselves after too much bullying.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:46 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

at least the dipshit didn't shoot up the school.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:52 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

This kid didn't truly understand what he was doing, if indeed he actually hung himself. You don't become self aware until puberty, and even then can't comprehend the concept of death. Something about this story isn't right.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:10 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sweet Greggo wrote:
This kid didn't truly understand what he was doing, if indeed he actually hung himself. You don't become self aware until puberty, and even then can't comprehend the concept of death. Something about this story isn't right.

^should have hung himself^

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:18 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

rowdyhatinwalt wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:

^should have hung himself^

that the best you got tonight, old man?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:20 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

yes.

:cry:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:04 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

The thought most definitely crossed my mind at that age, along with running away. The bullying thing is something that I don't think has ever been taken seriously enough. There are lots of times in my life I'd gladly go back and relive but elementary school and junior high were Hell and people who describe it as "the best time of your life" need to be shot.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:35 am 

i think sometime last year a kid about the same age in austin hung himself in the school bathroom, so that can only mean one thing IT'S A TREND AND EVERYONE SHOULD PANIC AND PULL YOUR KIDS OUT OF SCHOOL ASAP, IT'S NOT FUCKING SAFE. SOMEONE THINK ABOUT THE KIDS!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:00 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sweet Greggo wrote:
You don't become self aware until puberty, and even then can't comprehend the concept of death.

C'mon. With all of the media that kids are exposed to these days - tv, internet, video games - there is no way you believe that.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:33 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Diello wrote:
The thought most definitely crossed my mind at that age, along with running away. The bullying thing is something that I don't think has ever been taken seriously enough. There are lots of times in my life I'd gladly go back and relive but elementary school and junior high were Hell and people who describe it as "the best time of your life" need to be shot.

:babyarm: short + skinny + redhead + school = suck

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:37 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Diello wrote:

:babyarm: I worry about the middle school years as Titette is about to enter them. Nothing good ever comes from them. All you can do is say you survived them. Kinda like 'Nam.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:49 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Stu wrote:
Diello wrote:

:babyarm: short + skinny + redhead + school = suck

That sounds hot.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:06 pm 

I grew up in Oak Cliff off of Hampton near Ledbetter before moving to Duncanville for High School. A teenage boy that lived 4 houses down from me hung himself in the alley behind his house. We had a brick wall that lined our alley and a telephone poll stood against that wall behind his house. He climbed up the wall then the poll and hung himself in clear view of the back windows of his house for his whole family to see. I was attending St. Elizabeth Catholic school at the time and was an alter boy. His mom requested that I be part of the funeral. She gave me a bunch of $2 bills for doing it. Weird!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:25 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Tit Whistle wrote:
Diello wrote:

:babyarm: I worry about the middle school years as Titette is about to enter them. Nothing good ever comes from them. All you can do is say you survived them. Kinda like 'Nam.

Hate to sound like the voice of doom, but the middle school is where the kids are the absolute cruelest. Ichette had a really rough time with self-esteem issues. The kids pick up that scent and attack like hyenas. :cry:

"A free society endangers us, without doubt. It is our Achilles Heel, and our glory. It is the risk we take…. Did so many Americans give up their lives to save our freedom so that we could give up our freedom to save our lives?" … Neil Steinberg

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:43 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Ichabod wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:
Diello wrote:

Hate to sound like the voice of doom, but the middle school is where the kids are the absolute cruelest. Ichette had a really rough time with self-esteem issues. The kids pick up that scent and attack like hyenas. :cry:

Yeah, the self-esteem thing is gonna be a problem with her because she's shy and, even worse, because she's chunky. We've tried to warn her about how things usually are at that age but she won't listen. Gonna have to learn the hard way. :sad:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:28 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

bigboy wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
You don't become self aware until puberty, and even then can't comprehend the concept of death.

C'mon. With all of the media that kids are exposed to these days - tv, internet, video games - there is no way you believe that.

I'm sure they know what death is but they can't possibly fathom the permanence of it. It's the same as trying to wrap your head around religion or infinity or other high tier thinking. I don't think a brain that young truly understands those concepts.

Probably the main thought going through the kid's mind is "this'll show em", but he doesn't understand that after the deed is done and everyone feels bad about what they did to him he won't be coming back so they can treat him better.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:44 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sweet Greggo wrote:
bigboy wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:

I'm sure they know what death is but they can't possibly fathom the permanence of it. It's the same as trying to wrap your head around religion or infinity or other high tier thinking. I don't think a brain that young truly understands those concepts.

Probably the main thought going through the kid's mind is "this'll show em", but he doesn't understand that after the deed is done and everyone feels bad about what they did to him he won't be coming back so they can treat him better.

They should spend more time reminding kids that when you die you crap your pants. Kids will think twice about suicide because they get really embarrassed when other kids find out they crapped their pants.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:47 pm 

Tit Whistle wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
bigboy wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:

They should spend more time reminding kids that when you die you crap your pants. Kids will think twice about suicide because they get really embarrassed when other kids find out they crapped their pants.

I wonder if there is an episode of Southpark that covers this.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:48 pm 

Diello wrote:

:babyarm:

Agree big time.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:00 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Tit Whistle wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
bigboy wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:

*removes noose from neck and steps down from chair*

Goddammit.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:16 pm 

bigboy wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
bigboy wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:

*removes noose from neck and steps down from chair*

Goddammit.

brooks was here

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:34 pm 

That is really fucked up. Just the thought of anyone killing themselves is really surreal. The atmosphere that it happens seems very macabre and distorted. I have never liked thinking about what runs though your head just before the final moment. Hanging would have to be one of the worst ways to do it, since it seems that you would struggle for a moment. I was almost crushed to death a couple of years ago by some equipment and when all of the air is pushed out of your body, it seems like it takes forever before you black out. That is what I imagine hanging is like.

I have had a friend blow his brains all over the wall of a hotel room and another get tanked up on scotch and adjust his carburetors with the door closed. There were a couple of kids that killed themselves in high school, but information on how they did it was tainted by rumors and hearsay.

I heard about this on the news. I have an 8 year old and a 13 year old. I can't imagine going on without either one of them. That family must be completely devastated. I feel horrible for that kid, while at the same time I feel like he was a selfish prick for putting his friends and family through it.

If it happened to me, I would have to be put on homicide/suicide watch. If it were due to bullying, I would find the little motherfuckers that were doing the bullying, and some serious bad shit would befall their families for raising such assholes.

Shit would = ON!