Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 12:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I have finally found an apt description for Gordon
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:03 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I was listening to the Tea Bag this morning and Rick was talking about a sportswriter's article in Australia regarding Tiger throwing his club. Here's the entire article in case you're interested...

Woods is the most fined professional golfer of the current age, and some of it was on display during the Masters - the most appalling of which was when he duffed his shot on the 15th, and hurled his club so savagely it bounced up and landed in the crowd! Had the likes of John Daly done the same thing, it likely would have made fierce headlines and drawn extremely negative comment from all and sundry. But because it was Woods, the fawning television commentators all but ignored it, as did most of the golf writers. The question has to be asked though - who does this dickhead think he is? And how does he get away with it? Is there not some level of responsibility that goes with being the best in the world, to not behave like a petulant prig?

As you read, he calls Tiger a Petulant Prig

Not knowing what a Prig is and being barely acquainted with the word Petulant, I went to the Webster's site and found the following:

Petulant

2 : characterized by temporary or capricious ill humor : peevish

Prig

–noun
a person who displays or demands of others pointlessly precise conformity, fussiness about trivialities, or exaggerated propriety, esp. in a self-righteous or irritating manner.

3 : one who offends or irritates by observance of proprieties (as of speech or manners) in a pointed manner or to an obnoxious degree.

OMG, can there possibly be a better description for Gordon?!? Petulant Prig best describe Bob's description of Gordon a few years ago of "walking into the the room, firing off a flame thrower and then innocently looking around and saying, What?

I could spend the rest of the day citing examples, but I believe the best illustration is the way Gordon led Rocco down the path on The Rant, acting as his friend and confidant, in order to set up the showdown with management which led to Rocco's firing.(By the way, I'm not hating here, cuz that was absolute Radio Gold!) After the smoke cleared and Rocco was out, Gordon was left looking at the room shrugging his shoulders saying, "What? I didn't do anything!"

Petulant Priggish behavior if I ever saw it! In deed. :curtsy:

"A free society endangers us, without doubt. It is our Achilles Heel, and our glory. It is the risk we take…. Did so many Americans give up their lives to save our freedom so that we could give up our freedom to save our lives?" … Neil Steinberg

Post subject: Re: I have finally found an apt description for Gordon
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:57 pm 

:crickets:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:18 pm 
I'm a tool.

dickhead? what is this, europe>?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:35 pm 

Ichabod wrote:
I was listening to the Tea Bag this morning and Rick was talking about a sportswriter's article in Australia regarding Tiger throwing his club. Here's the entire article in case you're interested...

Woods is the most fined professional golfer of the current age, and some of it was on display during the Masters - the most appalling of which was when he duffed his shot on the 15th, and hurled his club so savagely it bounced up and landed in the crowd! Had the likes of John Daly done the same thing, it likely would have made fierce headlines and drawn extremely negative comment from all and sundry. But because it was Woods, the fawning television commentators all but ignored it, as did most of the golf writers. The question has to be asked though - who does this dickhead think he is? And how does he get away with it? Is there not some level of responsibility that goes with being the best in the world, to not behave like a petulant prig?

As you read, he calls Tiger a Petulant Prig

Not knowing what a Prig is and being barely acquainted with the word Petulant, I went to the Webster's site and found the following:

Petulant

2 : characterized by temporary or capricious ill humor : peevish

Prig

–noun
a person who displays or demands of others pointlessly precise conformity, fussiness about trivialities, or exaggerated propriety, esp. in a self-righteous or irritating manner.

3 : one who offends or irritates by observance of proprieties (as of speech or manners) in a pointed manner or to an obnoxious degree.

OMG, can there possibly be a better description for Gordon?!? Petulant Prig best describe Bob's description of Gordon a few years ago of "walking into the the room, firing off a flame thrower and then innocently looking around and saying, What?

I could spend the rest of the day citing examples, but I believe the best illustration is the way Gordon led Rocco down the path on The Rant, acting as his friend and confidant, in order to set up the showdown with management which led to Rocco's firing.(By the way, I'm not hating here, cuz that was absolute Radio Gold!) After the smoke cleared and Rocco was out, Gordon was left looking at the room shrugging his shoulders saying, "What? I didn't do anything!"

Petulant Priggish behavior if I ever saw it! In deed. :curtsy:

:babyarm:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:50 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I guess I don't understand why everyone feels the need to put Gordo in a box. He's a radio guy who gets paid to talk and come up with some funny once in a while. One day he'll do/say something you like and there will be others when you don't. I know the Ticket is a "sports" station but everyone knows they talk about everything. It's almost like he's only allowed to do fake Jerry then get off the air. He may not express his feelings with the right words or candor but he's just a dude on a local AM station. I kind of giggle at how much this guy winds some of you guys up.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:51 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

For some reason when I clicked on this thread I expected to see something along the lines of "3BR/2B/WBFP/2CG Recently remodeled"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:19 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

TerdFerguson wrote:
I guess I don't understand why everyone feels the need to put Gordo in a box. He's a radio guy who gets paid to talk and come up with some funny once in a while. One day he'll do/say something you like and there will be others when you don't. I know the Ticket is a "sports" station but everyone knows they talk about everything. It's almost like he's only allowed to do fake Jerry then get off the air. He may not express his feelings with the right words or candor but he's just a dude on a local AM station. I kind of giggle at how much this guy winds some of you guys up.

Terd, you misconstrue my intentions here. Personally, I think Gordo's a comic genius. One of the quickest wits I've ever seen. I'm not hatuin' here . I write this as purely analytic in nature.

"A free society endangers us, without doubt. It is our Achilles Heel, and our glory. It is the risk we take…. Did so many Americans give up their lives to save our freedom so that we could give up our freedom to save our lives?" … Neil Steinberg

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:03 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

;)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:32 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

If you listened toThe Musers this morning during The Corner you heard George call Gordo an "Arsonist" for lighting a match to the room and then stepping away saying, What? Specifically George cited how Gordon always torpedoed Rocco, but claim to be his friend!

Not saying that George is reading our board, but it is nice to have him verify my earlier post! :fist: