Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Hollywood Rushes to Polanski's Defense
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:19 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I liked him in Fresh Prince though. He and DJ Jazzy Jeff were funny.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:03 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

RayinDallas wrote:
[
Apparently "date rape" (not rape rape) is ok now, at least in Whoopi's world.

There you go making inferences again. Why can't you just take shit as is and not load it all up with bullshit? She never said it was ok. She never said anything close to that. she was doing the typical wait til they're actually convicted of something before we label them schtick that we hear from people every time an athlete gets in trouble. But emotional fucks like you who are looking for something to be pissed off about project so much bullshit into it that you lose sight of what actually happened.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:10 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Can we at least agree he's an overrated filmmaker?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:28 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Not as overrated as Kubrick.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:31 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Or Ween.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:36 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

That's silly. Ween doesn't make films. They make awesome music.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:46 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Can we agree that neither Ween nor Kubrick rape 13-year-olds as well as Polanski?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:58 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Well this is a conundrum for meh since I believe Ween can do anything better than anyone. :???:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:25 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Can they make bad music better than Good Charlotte?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:43 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sagger Pance wrote:
RayinDallas wrote:
[

There you go making inferences again. Why can't you just take shit as is and not load it all up with bullshit? She never said it was ok. She never said anything close to that. she was doing the typical wait til they're actually convicted of something before we label them schtick that we hear from people every time an athlete gets in trouble. But emotional fucks like you who are looking for something to be pissed off about project so much bullshit into it that you lose sight of what actually happened.

He was convicted. Call it whatever you want, sex with a minor is rape no matter what the plea ends up being. I know you know that, and I understand the point your trying to make, but the bottom line is celebs need to shut the fuck up when it comes to shit like this. Trying to tip toe around whatever he was "technically" convicted of just makes Whoopi and all the other Hollywood idiots look like complete douches who have lost all sense of reality.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:43 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sweet Greggo wrote:
Sagger Pance wrote:
RayinDallas wrote:
[

He was convicted. Call it whatever you want, sex with a minor is rape no matter what the plea ends up being. I know you know that, and I understand the point your trying to make, but the bottom line is celebs need to shut the fuck up when it comes to shit like this. Trying to tip toe around whatever he was "technically" convicted of just makes Whoopi and all the other Hollywood idiots look like complete douches who have lost all sense of reality.

but it wasn't rape rape.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:59 pm 

Sagger Pance wrote:
RayinDallas wrote:
[

Yeah what the fuck ever... I'd call pleading guilty being "convicted" of something... she made the fucking excuses for this douche, not me... you want to defend her go ahead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:14 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

RayinDallas wrote:
Sagger Pance wrote:
RayinDallas wrote:
[

Yeah what the fuck ever... I'd call pleading guilty being "convicted" of something... she made the fucking excuses for this douche, not me... you want to defend her go ahead

and the judge fucked it all up by checking his ethics at the door. If you want to rail on someone, rail on that judge. Because no matter what his intentions were, he's the reason there's even any debate on this.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:37 am 

Now that, I actually agree. The original DA and the judge F'd this up from the start. Polanski was given way too much leniency just because of who he was.