Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81  Next
 Post subject: Re: Movies I Watched This Weekend, Part 3: In 3D
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:08 pm 

Tit Whistle wrote:
fruitdog wrote:
the Irishman was pretty good but 3.5 hours is a long ass time

I thought the time flew by. Good movie. Would watch again.

I hunkered down and watched it on Thanksgiving instead of football. Really enjoyed it but it was long. Took a nap break about halfway thru. Good to see Pesci again, and that age machine made Deniro look easily as young as 58. Look like it added a few pounds too. Did you realize Herc played “fat tony” Salerno?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:47 pm 
Site Admin

I thought that was him.

It was distracting to watch them all shuffle around with old man walk but otherwise the aging thing was pretty well done.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:32 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Can't believe none of you nerds saw the new Star Wars.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:29 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I waited a few days to see it. It wasn't perfect, but I liked it. I can't decide if it was actually good or if my expectations were so low that I had no choice but to enjoy it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:36 pm 
Site Admin

I saw it on the 20th. It was fine, better than the last one but still had plenty of issues.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:18 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I wasn't expecting much but I liked it/was entertained. Still not sure what this new set did that the original trilogy didn't already cover. I mean, at the end of RotJ, the Empire was defeated because the bad guy had a change of heart and helped the good guy. At the end of this one, the Empire was defeated because...the bad guy had a change of heart and helped the good guy. Also, Leia was awkward AF.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:23 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I dug it! I mean, it's Star Wars, not Citizen Kane. WTF was everyone expecting? It was action from start to finish. The bad guys got their asses kicked and the good guys won. Fucking pull your finger outta your ass and figure it out.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:24 pm 

I watched the new ZZ Top documentary on Netflix last night. It was a pretty good watch and made it seem like they were a better band than they probably are/were. A lot of music documentaries are good at that. They did have a lot of songs i liked tho and I bought some of their cassettes from Columbia House back in those glorious days.

Frank Beard, the beardless drummer, is definitely the most wheels off in the trio with the most over the top E TX trash twang you ever heard. Could listen to it all day. Speaking of beards, it's been a good bit for them but I don't know how they've pulled it off this long. I've never made it past 5 days without breaking down for a shave.

I felt nostalgic when they got to their Eliminator period and the early days of MTV. I think i was in 7th grade when the Legs video hit and I thought it was just the tits. The blonde girl in the red top and black leather skirt was my favorite video vixen in that i found her to be not only pretty but also fine. I wonder whatever happened to her. I googled "girls of the zz top videos, where are they now" but came up empty. Which one was your personal fave? Anyhoo, I remember having a ZZ Top bandana. I think i won it at the State Fair playing cranes. My buddy scored a Motley Crue bandana and i was super jelly. Some people call bandanas "do-rags". Which do you prefer? Details from my mind are sketchy, but i remember showing off my ZZ top bandana in the cafeteria and this 8th grade girl i had a crush on talking me out of it and trading it to her for her Loverboy bandana. Were rock bandanas a thing then? She must have made a really compelling case for Get Lucky, which I also remember owning via Columbia House. I'd probably watch a Loverboy documentary if there was one. Do you have any ZZ Top stories?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:49 am 
I'm a tool.

Ooooh. A zztop doc? In!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:06 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I've grown out the beard a few times, but you gotta get past that itch at the beginning. For me, it's between the 1st and 2nd week. If I can get beyond the 2 week point, then dammit, I got me beard. I usually don't, though, and end up shaving it. I hate shaving.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:28 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Snowpiercer - This Bong Joon-Ho guy has some HSOs about class division.

:bus: :bus: :bus: :bus: (out of 5)

Glass - This M. Night Shymalan guy is still way the fuck up his own ass.

:crickets: :crickets: (out of 5)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:10 am 

The Tiger King-it's a Netflix documentary so it will likely peter out to a lackluster finish but the first 3 episodes have been one wild train wreck of humanity. Really creepy people. Have you ever checked out a mom and pop cat sanctuary? I have not but this one time in West Texas, and I can't remember where but it must have been when the wife and I checked out Big Ben and the whole Marfa area, I talked her into checking out some house of rattlesnakes place right off of the highway. It was a similarly managed type of place as what you will witness in this doc.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:21 am 
I'm a tool.

Trained Goucho wrote:
The Tiger King-it's a Netflix documentary so it will likely peter out to a lackluster finish but the first 3 episodes have been one wild train wreck of humanity. Really creepy people. Have you ever checked out a mom and pop cat sanctuary? I have not but this one time in West Texas, and I can't remember where but it must have been when the wife and I checked out Big Ben and the whole Marfa area, I talked her into checking out some house of rattlesnakes place right off of the highway. It was a similarly managed type of place as what you will witness in this doc.

i'm through 3 episodes. They found the most wheels off people ever.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:22 am 

Finished it last night. What an unreal ride. Felt like watching a Reno 911 marathon.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:47 am 
Site Admin

Watched 1917 last night. Weird that Tommen and Robb were brothers. 8/10

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:34 am 

popcorn garage

The picture contains references to 66 movies. I did not find that many and had 3 errors at 21 so it ended my first try. be careful i got docked for entering castaway instead of cast away.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:53 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Trained Goucho wrote:
popcorn garage

The picture contains references to 66 movies. I did not find that many and had 3 errors at 21 so it ended my first try. be careful i got docked for entering castaway instead of cast away.

I got up to 30. I saw a "Casper" mask and entered "Casper" and then "Casper the Friendly Ghost", both which were counted wrong.

Around entry number 10 I typed in "The good the bad and the ugly". It said I had already found that movie. I hadn't.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:32 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

46. You can get really far just by naming really popular action/sci-fi/horror movies.

I bet Diello could catch 'em all.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:59 am 
I'm a tool.

Tit Whistle wrote:

Diello .

ummm :violin:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:17 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

cap wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:

Diello .

Shit. Did he die? I wasn't informed.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:00 am 

Tit Whistle wrote:
cap wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:

Diello .

Dang, always liked that dude.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:59 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Trained Goucho wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:
cap wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:

Diello .

Dang, always liked that dude.

Did he off himself because he was still upset I spoiled the death of Andrea on Facebook?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:43 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Shit, is that for real? I had some six degrees of separation connection to him through some people that he and I both used to work with. Plus I think his realtor is buddies with my brother.

I asked some folks I work with if Tiger King is real since I brush up against that business and most reality/doc stuff could be staged. 100% real deal according to people whose opinion I trust.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:48 am 
Site Admin

Consider the source, guys.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:57 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Goddammit.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:54 pm 
I'm a tool.

or somesuch wrote:
Consider the source, guys.

:mad:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:51 am 
Site Admin

I give the tiger king documentary a 3/10. Finding crazy people and interviewing them does not overcome a poorly put together series of events. It was all over the place. There was definitely some entertainment/WTF value mixed in, but I would have much rather seen the documentary of Joe progressing from an advocate for anti captivity into what he became. His excessiveness will still bring viewers in.

I can’t believe they’re reopening the Carole Baskin case. Maybe she did it, maybe not, but you’ll have to excuse me for not believing Joe Exotic is an authority for that topic.

At one point late, the other dude with weird hair is jet skiing and I knew they had lost all focus. I did laugh at the country music videos.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:48 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I can't work myself up to watch it.

Last week I convinced my 16 year old to give "Glee" a try. She bought into it after just the first episode. So did the rest of us :razz:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:10 am 

Unorthodox: this is a 4 part miniseries on Netflix and is well worth the watch. It's about a Hasidic jew girl who breaks away.

:titwhistle: :titwhistle: :titwhistle: :titwhistle: :titwhistle:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:50 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

:mad:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:11 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Trained Goucho wrote:
Unorthodox: this is a 4 part miniseries on Netflix and is well worth the watch. It's about a Hasidic jew girl who breaks away.

:titwhistle: :titwhistle: :titwhistle: :titwhistle: :titwhistle:

I spoke with a buddy of mine in NYC last week. He said the Hasidic Jews have been really bad about obeying social distancing and as a result have a very high percentage of COVID-10 cases in their neighborhoods.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:02 am 

I started watching Waco last night on NetFlix. It's pretty good. It stars Taylor Kitsch as David Koresh. I was early twenties when this went down and followed it as it happened but never really read about it or anything since. In those days I thought government law enforcement agencies were bad ass. Now? Not so much.

In episode 1 it starts with the Ruby Ridge incident. I had forgotten nearly everything about this. I was even wrong in remembering Randy Weaver being killed.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:08 am 
I'm a tool.

Trained Goucho wrote:
I started watching Waco last night on NetFlix. It's pretty good. It stars Taylor Kitsch as David Koresh. I was early twenties when this went down and followed it as it happened but never really read about it or anything since. In those days I thought government law enforcement agencies were bad ass. Now? Not so much.

In episode 1 it starts with the Ruby Ridge incident. I had forgotten nearly everything about this. I was even wrong in remembering Randy Weaver being killed.

It's next on my list. I just finished Ozarks (which is the worst season yet. I was so happy they killed Ben).

I also just discovered Peaky Blinders. I like.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:55 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Peaky Blinders is good, but I haven't gotten that far into it since Mrs Tit doesn't seem to dig it much. Funny how she can't get enough of Tiger King but rolls her eyes at something quality.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:06 am 
Site Admin

cap wrote:
Trained Goucho wrote:

It's next on my list. I just finished Ozarks (which is the worst season yet. I was so happy they killed Ben).

thanks for the spoiler, fuckface

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:09 pm 

fruitdog wrote:
cap wrote:
Trained Goucho wrote:

speaking of Ozark, the chick that plays Ruth is in Waco.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:35 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Trained Goucho wrote:
fruitdog wrote:
cap wrote:
Trained Goucho wrote:

Speaking of people that are on two different shows, Santana's abuela on Glee is also Jane's abuela on Jane the Virgin.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:50 pm 
I'm a tool.

Trained Goucho wrote:
fruitdog wrote:
cap wrote:
Trained Goucho wrote:

Does she do a terrible southern accent?

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 11:10 am 
I'm a tool.

Uncut gems- Good movie, but this one stressed me out. Degenerate gambler stories always do.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:53 am 
I'm a tool.

I've been watching Formula 1: Drive to Survive. It's good. However, half the racers remind me of Jean Girard from Tallageda Nights.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:45 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

13th

Heard the Musers talking about this one the last couple of days. It's definitely is edited with an agenda, but it's still pretty powerful. Some of the stuff about Nixon, Regan, Bush, Clinton, and ALEC seems borderline conspiracy-ey, but racism can be etched so deep into someone's psyche that it's possible laws are still being written to specifically target non-whites. The movie talks about a few black rights leaders of the 60s and 70s that had been killed or persecuted, but it doesn't mention any of the horrible stuff some of them did.

Even though there's a strong overall bias, it doesn't lose enough credibility to dismiss the message that blacks are still absolutely treated different than whites in America.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:49 am 
I'm a tool.

Sweet Greggo wrote:
13th

it doesn't lose enough credibility to dismiss the message that blacks are still absolutely treated different than whites in America.

:babyarm: yes. i still buy them lunch

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81  Next