Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bye Sirois
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:21 am 
Site Admin

I barely listen anymore, but he made me laugh a few times.

Post subject: Re: Bye Sirois
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:19 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I thought for sure this was Norm retiring. He broadcasts from home and anytime I listen to their show, he's a pretty casual participant.

Ticket Twitter is all in a tizzy over this saying that this and Danny's departure are the beginning of the end. If 2 producers are the only thing holding it together, the station would have been gone a long time ago.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:30 pm 

:babyarm:

I came here to comment on this. According to the seat sniffers over at Reddit, this is the end of the Ticket as we know it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:37 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

It seems that a lot the seat sniffers are just now figuring out that producers and ticker guys that host weekend shows and fill in for vacations don't make as much money as the main hosts.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:41 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

There are a bunch of naïve people out there. It's silly to think a producer or board op (sorry jer, sorios threw you under the bus, not me) would make anywhere near what a host does, especially hosts that have been the voices of the number one sports station for well over 20 years. It's also silly, like REALLY silly, to get mad that you hit 40 or 50 and blame "the man" for not having advanced your career since you were 25. I have no sympathy for either of these two. They both though way to highly of themselves as host material. They ain't.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:38 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I think either of them would have been fine as hosts, but if that's what you aspire to be, go do it. If you sit around waiting on a bunch of people who have been doing it for decades to step out of your way, that's on you and don't bitch about not preemptively getting paid for a job you don't have.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:12 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Apparently a guy named Sam Hale left the station last week and Ticket Twitter is again flummoxed and predicting doom. I've never heard of him and i have no idea what he did.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2023 12:28 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

With Norm now leaving, social media is flooded with "Sirois should have held out a little longer"

Uh, no. I know he's a marginal fan favorite but he was never going to be a prime host at the Ticket.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:18 pm 

Sweet Greggo wrote:
With Norm now leaving, social media is flooded with "Sirois should have held out a little longer"

Uh, no. I know he's a marginal fan favorite but he was never going to be a prime host at the Ticket.

:babyarm: X 1000

I never understood the Reddit love for that guy.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:59 pm 
I'm a tool.

Drunk Sirois

https://youtu.be/Y0JNE58eKKI

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:36 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

It's really a shame that guy has so much trouble believing in himself.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 2:07 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

bigboy wrote:
It's really a shame that guy has so much trouble believing in himself.

I interpreted his rant as a douche crying croc tears looking for someone to coddle him and tell him how great he is.