Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: If you are in need of sleep, here's a NASCAR thread
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:45 pm 

bigboy wrote:
I think they're racing 5 or 6 road courses this year and they already ran on the one at Daytona last week.

I wasn't smart enough to stay away from the race yesterday that started around 2:00 and wrapped up around after 11:00. A big wreck took out more than a third of the field early on and they were immediately red flagged for weather. Once it finally restarted after dark, it was pretty uneventful until the leaders wrecked out half of the field that was left. Spare ass Michael McDowell found himself out front when the caution lights went on and ran ass backwards into the winners circle for his first career win. He probably won't finish a race the rest of the season.

And that right there is why this race isn't a big deal to me. A crazy wreck happens every year and takes out the entire field and screws up the finish.

If it happens at some random track? I'm ok with that. But not at their big race.

I guess the execs for Love's Truck Stops are happy. The one where I buy my Zebra cakes sometimes has a yellow car 34 sitting in the parking lot.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:41 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Let me know when start racing in a figure 8.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:27 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

The road course at Daytona that they raced on this week wasn't a figure 8, but it was pretty wheels off. The weather was pretty enough on Sunday afternoon that I had no intention of sitting in front of the tv after last week, so I avoided this race except for about 30 minutes. Another first time winner this week and the only other time two first time winners have opened the season was in NASCAR's first two seasons. I'll take that over a Logano-Busch-Harvick-Hamlin parade of wins every week. Miami is this week. Not the worst track but I'll wait on Hoob to tell me if it's worth watching.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:38 pm 

I watched the last 60 laps. I should have stayed away from this race.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:12 pm 

Larson has won three in a row and looks really dominant now. It makes me think that his previous team was more spare than we thought.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:32 am 
I'm a tool.

Hamilton lost. In his face.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:59 pm 

jim jack wrote:
Well hell. Carl Edwards is my favorite driver. And he is retiring at the young age of 37. The reason hasn't been publicized, but some are speculating that the horrible grind of the season is a problem.

June Bug Tweeted this:

Dale Earnhardt Jr. ‏@DaleJr 5h5 hours ago

Interesting about Edwards. I can see him being lured back into the right situation. Although drivers retiring "early" doesn't surprise me.

------------------------------------

In minor news, minor league racer John Wes Townley is also retiring. He's 27.

Oddly, John Wes Townley got kilt on Saturday night by a gunman in Athens, Georgia. The police is saying it is a domestic situation. He was 31.

Stay hard, John Wes.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:19 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I'm interested in hearing Hoob's take on NASCAR building a temporary asphalt track inside the LA Coliseum to open the season in about 6 weeks.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:11 pm 

I hadn't heard and had to do some research.

What the hell is a-going on here. It's a quarter mile track, which means top speeds will be 75 MPH. I hope the residents of the nearby senior housing center have a nice, peaceful weekend.

NASCAR is always trying to trick stuff up. Buncha dummies.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:22 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

USC isn't exactly in what I would call a nice neighborhood. I might be more on board with this if they made it a dirt track.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:29 pm 

June was inducted into the NASCAR Hall of Fame. BFD.

I hate all hall of fames, and the NASCAR one is pretty spare. Not nearly as bad as the rock and roll one, but it's still pretty bad.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:12 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I watched about 50 laps or so of whatever they were trying to pull off at the Coliseum today. What a boring pile of shit this was. It took about 20 laps or so for the leaders to catch up with the back of the field and they somehow dicked around and didn't pass them until around lap 40. As if this wasn't tricked up enough, this race had a halftime with entertainment: Ice Cube. That probably went over well with the fans that didn't have a family member to diddle during "halftime".

I wish Hoob had warned me to avoid this one.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:34 am 

They had halftime entertainment? That guy? Fuck a duck.

I watched the last 40 laps and it was stupid.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:52 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Y'all diggin short track ice racing in the olympics? It's kinda like NASCAR in that I only watch it for the wrecks. Oh, and people don't die just because they bumped into the wall.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:42 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

You need to check out the Olympics hate thread. Hoob is putting his hatred of the Olympics ahead of getting poon tang.

Ice Cube performing at a NASCAR race was the most "I've got a black friend so I can't be racist" thing since the Dolphins hired a mixed race coach on Saturday.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:29 pm 

Oh my. The average speed of the race at the LA Coliseum was 39 MPH. The pole speed was 65. WTF.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:47 pm 

Watched a little bit of the Daytona 500 race today, then I decided to just stay away from this race. Good move by me.

Rookie Austin Cindric won and Bubba Wallace was in second. Yes there were a bunch of wrecks that took out the good drivers. Again.

I don't like the design of the new cars. The air diffuser on the back is dumb. If a back tire goes flat, your ass is grounded right there. And who the hell thought it was a good idea to have one fastening center nut on the wheel like Indy cars?

I got to thinking about what the discussion on Usenet would have been like for this race.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:09 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I had the last hour on in the background while I was resting in a hotel this afternoon. It looked a shit show.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:42 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

jim jack wrote:
And who the hell thought it was a good idea to have one fastening center nut on the wheel like Indy cars?

wtf that ain't stock

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:42 pm 

Watched a little bit of the Phoenix race today with the sound off while playing the piano. At some point I decided to turn up the sound and see what the announcers were up to.

They had a female in the booth. Whoever it was had a clue about what was going on but I couldn't figure out who it was. Once again this made me think of Usenet and what those Web TV shitheads would have said about it.

It turned out to be Danica Patrick doing a two week guest host thing. She was on last week and I stayed away from that race.

She was better than that dumbass Waltrip and the other dumbass Waltrip.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:11 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

jim jack wrote:
Watched a little bit of the Phoenix race today with the sound off while playing the piano. At some point I decided to turn up the sound and see what the announcers were up to.

They had a female in the booth. Whoever it was had a clue about what was going on but I couldn't figure out who it was. Once again this made me think of Usenet and what those Web TV shitheads would have said about it.

It turned out to be Danica Patrick doing a two week guest host thing. She was on last week and I stayed away from that race.

She was better than that dumbass Waltrip and the other dumbass Waltrip.

She's probably doing it to show up Rodgers and his failed attempt at tving.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 3:34 pm 

I just read a shocking story about Danica having her breast implants removed.

I had no idea she had implants. She's flat as a board now.

This one has a strong lesbian vibe, forum.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 4:28 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

If Aaron Rogers was your sample of what men are, wouldn't you go full-dyke, too?

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 7:40 pm 

:grin: :babyarm:

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 1:12 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

She was flat before. Did she have A cup implants?

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 7:05 am 
I'm a tool.

Diello wrote:
If Aaron Rogers was your sample of what men are, wouldn't you go full-dyke, too?

I think Aaron Rodger will go the Bruce Jenner route in retirement.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 1:59 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I can picture Erin Rogers.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 8:40 pm 

Sweet Greggo wrote:
She was flat before. Did she have A cup implants?

HOW did I miss this gem? :D :D :D

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 10:33 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

They ran the all star race at TMS last night and I saw it on the guide and decided to watch for a few minutes. What a fucked up shit show.
There were about 3 laps left. On the last lap, a car in the far back of the field grazed the wall on the back straightaway and the caution lights came on when Ryan Blaney was about 50 feet from the finish for the win. Because this is the "all star race", of course there is a tricked up rule that says that the race can't finish under caution, so a green-white-checker finish comes back into play. Blaney didn't know the caution went out so he took down his window net to start celebrating. Since NASCAR is just WWE on wheels, they rolled under caution for about 20 minutes while Blaney farted around trying to get his window net back up while driving, apparently no easy feat given that it's under high tension and buckles into a quick release. He never did get it up correctly but somehow wedged it into place. The race restarted and Blaney won pretty easily. Twitter went nuts, not only on the caution but also the fact that the track sucks and the race was boring. Dale Jr. got in on the Twitter action. Denny Hamlin finished second and was pissed at everything after the race. Mostly because Blaney wasn't black flagged over the window net. Which is weird because the only person that hurt was Blaney.

Be glad you stayed away, Hoob.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 12:16 pm 

Why do they have to trick shit up so much?

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 11:17 pm 

Surprisingly, the World 600 was interesting and I didn't stay away from this race. Not a fan of who won, but that sort of thing happens.

Still enjoyed it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:04 pm 

I'm seeing reports that a street race based in Chicago is likely for next season.

I hate street races. All of them. In all series.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:55 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

NASCAR is gonna trick things until they think they've rebuilt their audience. I doubt street racing in Chicago will do it but it will look pretty on TV. Speaking of tricking it up, I woke up Sunday morning thinking that I could at least watch a little of the race at Daytona only to remember that 4th of July weekend is now home to some spare ass road course race up in dairy land. I did enjoy the highlight this week where a mulleted, neck beard from the Xfinity series intentionally wrecked someone and took out 12 cars in the chaos. He responded to his fine and points deduction by jokingly posting memorabilia for sale on social media. Dale Jr. is his team owner and wasn't amused.

Speaking again of tricking it up, I saw on Facebook this week that they are removing a bunch of seats in front of the concourse at TMS to open things up and add in some bars. The comments were loaded with "fix the damn track!"

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 2:58 pm 

I did the same thing, thinking I could watch the traditional July 4 race, but no. Fuck no.

They just don't get it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:34 pm 

I don't like Bubba Wallace. If I had been in Kyle Larson's spot on Sunday, I would have surprised Bubba with a nut kick on national TV.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:04 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I watched about 30 seconds of the race. I went to the Texas race a few weeks ago. Had an opportunity to sit in a suite for free. That was nice because it was that last weekend it was absolutely balls hot. A good time was had thanks to excellent food and beverages, but the race was terrible. Cautions galore and we finally bailed when it was red flagged for rain and lightning. If we had waited it out, we would have been at the track for more than 8 hours. I didn't stay away, but I got out as quick as I could.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:51 pm 

Bubba got suspended for a race for his actions. I am surprised NASCAR did anything, but I agree with their decision.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:56 pm 

The final four is set after Martinsville. All of the talk is about Ross Chastain's bizarre move on the final corner to make the final four.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:42 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

That was some straight GTA video game shit.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:43 pm 

:D

In his interview, he mentioned doing that in a video game.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:07 pm 

Well, Danica's ex won the Daytona 500. I had to miss about an hour of this race because of a school event, then walked into the house in time for the restart. The finish was extremely underwhelming.

The color announcers were Clint Boyer and Toni Stewart. The most entertaining thing that happened was Boyer attempting to say "gamesmanship" but it came out as "gamesmanshit."

There was also a moment where Toni had no clue about some strategy that was going on, but Boyer did. Dumbass.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:40 am 
Site Admin

My phone is blowing up today because of some kid I saw once like 35 years ago. I don’t care.

or somesuch wrote:
Ricky Stenhouse Jr is the nephew of a family friend. We went up to Memphis to see his dad race in lower events back in the day. The family made me nauseous with all the "little Ricky" talk back then (he was like 3), so I hate him. #coolstorybro

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next