Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dreams
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:39 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sweet Greggo wrote:
I dreamt I forgot how to play the saxophone. I felt frustrated that I couldn't remember how to play even the simplest etude.

I do not play the sax, nor have I even held one.

I held a saxophone once, though I didn't play a note on it. It was pretty heavy. Heavier than a guitar but lighter than a piano.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:51 am 
Site Admin

I played saxophone in the Junior High band. I have not forgotten how to play it. It seems like that would be a dream I would have though.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:59 am 

I have had a different version of this dream. I'll be playing a musical instrument and I realize that I am playing stuff that I don't even know how to play. Once that happens, I stop playing, then I wake up.

------------------------

Dream moods says this about forgetting:

To dream that you are forgetting things signify life's anxieties. You are expressing an overwhelming amount of stress in your life. You feel the need to tend to everything and everyone's needs. Alternatively, forgetting something may represent your subconscious desire to leave that something behind. On a more direct level, the dream could just be your subconscious telling you or reminding you of a forgotten appointment or date.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 6:07 pm 

I have been lamenting the fact that I can't lose weight, and then a couple of days ago I dreamed I was thin again. I really liked this dream.

Dream moods says:

To dream that something or someone is thin represents a lacking strength and integrity. You feel that you are unable to hold your own or stand up for yourself. Alternatively, the dream indicates flexibility and agility. You are able to adapt to any situation.

Where do these people come up with this stuff.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 5:17 am 

Little Debbie
Zebra Cakes
Nutrition Facts

Serving Size cake 1 cake = 62g
Amount Per Serving
280Calories
% Daily Value*
18%Total Fat 12g
35%Saturated Fat 7g
Trans Fat 0g
3%Cholesterol 10mg
6%Sodium 140mg
14%Total Carbohydrate 41g
0%Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugars 27g
Protein 1g
0%Calcium 0mg
2%Iron 0.4mg
1%Potassium 30mg
0%Vitamin A 0mcg
0%Vitamin C 0mg
*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
41 Net Carbs Per Serving

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 7:01 am 
I'm a tool.

Trained Goucho wrote:
Little Debbie
Zebra Cakes
Nutrition Facts

Amount Per Serving
280Calories
% Daily Value*
18%Total Fat 12g
35%Saturated Fat 7g
Trans Fat 0g
3%Cholesterol 10mg
6%Sodium 140mg
0%Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugars 27g
Protein 1g
0%Calcium 0mg
2%Iron 0.4mg
1%Potassium 30mg
0%Vitamin A 0mcg
0%Vitamin C 0mg
*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
41 Net Carbs Per Serving

So not Keto friendly?

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 7:59 am 

Trained Goucho wrote:
Little Debbie
Zebra Cakes
Nutrition Facts

Amount Per Serving
280Calories
% Daily Value*
18%Total Fat 12g
35%Saturated Fat 7g
Trans Fat 0g
3%Cholesterol 10mg
6%Sodium 140mg
0%Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugars 27g
Protein 1g
0%Calcium 0mg
2%Iron 0.4mg
1%Potassium 30mg
0%Vitamin A 0mcg
0%Vitamin C 0mg
41 Net Carbs Per Serving

Dang, that's worse than I thought. :D

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 9:27 am 

Last night I had a dream that I was in a boat with my wife. We were just cruising around in that thing pretty as you please. It was a boat she surprised me with as a gift. It was a fine boat too. Sometimes it seemed like a party barge and other times it was like a sleek bowrider. I can't say I've ever had a boat dream before. We were on an unknown lake and the surroundings were places that were not familiar. Sometimes she drove. Other times I was driving. I found the steering to be very unresponsive. I bumped into other objects repeatedly. She was very critical of my driving. I ended up driving it up onto land and the dang boat kept going. She took over. It was dark and I was lost but she found our spot at a pier. As we were docking, it sank. I figure none of the interpretations can be positive.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 9:47 am 

I love odd dreams like that. I don't think I have them like I used to. Dream moods isn't much help:

To dream that you are in or see a boat signifies your ability to cope with and express your emotions. Pay particular attention to the condition and state of the waters, whether it is calm or violent, clear or murky, etc. Are you "smooth sailing"? Alternatively, you may be ready to confront your subconscious and unknown aspects of yourself. The dream could be telling you not to rock the boat and to stay out of harm's way.

Antyflo.com had a boatload to say on the matter and it was nothing helpful. She does say this:

In a nutshell, any dream in which these symbols are featured provides a greater insight into your subconscious mind.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 10:42 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Trained Goucho wrote:
As we were docking

Well that dream took a turn.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 11:34 am 

Another dream about a snake. There were a couple of kids and an adult woman in the dream, and it was trying to bite the woman. Her back was turned to it and I had to urge her to move away. I didn't know any of the people.

The snake was blue. I don't ever remember seeing colors in my dreams and if asked, I would have told you my dreams were in B&W. Anty Flo says,

"If the snake is frightening you in any way, then this dream relates to trying to overcome a difficult problem or a troublesome person. Often this dream occurs when you are suffering some kind of grief or separation in your life. The symbolism of the snake means it is time to close the door on a period of your life and move on. "

She's right. Or maybe the blue snake is.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 8:17 am 
Site Admin

I never remember dreams, but for some reason I remember this one 1.5 hours after awakening. I was at Disney World with my daughter and we stole one of the teacups. We had regret for whatever reason and spent the next day trying to return it unnoticed. Diagnose this.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 9:00 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

The teacup, and Disney, represents childhood, and you're having trouble dealing with your daughter growing up and want to return her to earlier times when she was sweet and innocent and not the bitch on wheels that she probably is now.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 9:21 am 
Site Admin

I feel like you may be on to something. She’s still mostly sweet, but I have been struggling with them both getting older, as well as my own age and mortality.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 1:47 pm 

Both dreammoods and Anty Flo say that you are feeling deprived in some way.

I like Tit's explanation better. It sounds more plausible.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 1:59 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

When Anty Flo shows up little girls cease to be daddy's girl and become just a big angsty blob that you're scared to death is gonna get pregnant if you lose sight of her for more that 10 minutes.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 4:19 pm 
Site Admin

jim jack wrote:
Both dreammoods and Anty Flo say that you are feeling deprived in some way.

There may be something to this too. Won’t get into it because it’s first world problems like a mug.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 5:15 pm 

Sweet Greggo wrote:
When Anty Flo shows up little girls cease to be daddy's girl and become just a big angsty blob that you're scared to death is gonna get pregnant if you lose sight of her for more that 10 minutes.

:D

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 11:26 am 

I dreamed that I was traveling down a road and two or three cows were out, grazing in the grass in the ditch. At the end of the dream I saw a hole in the wire fence where they escaped.

The usual websites have a lot of say about cows but nothing about them being out.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 11:36 am 
Site Admin

I finally had a dream I remembered and it was a strange one. In my dream I had a golf ball size cyst like growth on my stomach. In the growth was a clear sphere that had what looked like a stone and a peach pit inside it. I pulled the sphere out easily and with no pain. Then I heard what I think was my dad coming towards me so I threw the sphere out into the backyard. The peach pit was a freestone one in case you are wondering.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 12:29 pm 

Wow. You picked a good one to remember.

Aunty Flo doesn't have anything to say about cysts or tumors, but dreammoods does:

To dream that you have cyst suggests that you have something that needs to be expressed and get out in the open. You may be harboring some prejudices, attitudes, or some other negative emotion that attempting to be released. You need to acknowledge these feelings and deal with them.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 2:26 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

jim jack wrote:
You may be harboring some prejudices, attitudes, or some other negative emotion that attempting to be released.

Isn't this pretty much Fruitdog in a nutshell?

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 2:59 pm 

By the way, the Musers mentioned Fruitdog this morning during Muffin talk.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 9:53 am 

Couldn't tell you the last time i had a muffin. When i lived at home, it seemed like we always had the Martha White blueberry muffin mix and i'd whip it up on the reg and butter the mess out of each muffin. The batter was good too.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 10:04 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

There's been a shortage of Martha White muffin mix during this pandemic. We usually keep a decent stock of mixes for muffin emergencies, which are more frequent than you'd think. I've always been partial to the Wildberry. Mrs Tit likes to make muffins these days with almond milk and it makes for a heftier yet often undercooked muffin. She has yet to perfect the art of substitutin'. Stick with regular milk, I say. What's your favorite type of muffin?

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 11:15 am 

Tit Whistle wrote:
There's been a shortage of Martha White muffin mix during this pandemic. We usually keep a decent stock of mixes for muffin emergencies, which are more frequent than you'd think. I've always been partial to the Wildberry. Mrs Tit likes to make muffins these days with almond milk and it makes for a heftier yet often undercooked muffin. She has yet to perfect the art of substitutin'. Stick with regular milk, I say. What's your favorite type of muffin?

1. Blueberry
2. Lemon poppyseed
3. Banana nut
4. Coffee cake
5. Raspberry

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:47 pm 

I don't know if it was the weather or something I ate, but I had several oddball dreams last night. I only remember one, and it was a dandy.

The ex was in it, and she put her arm around me and said we got along better than we ever had. That might be true.

And she was just as bald as me. It wasn't a bad look, but it was shocking.

Using bad grammar and spelling, Antyflo says, "When you happen to see a strange or unusual bald man or women in your dream, it means that you have an organized life and there is nothing to worry about because being surrounded by positive energy."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:54 pm 

Dreammoods has this to say about last night's dandy of a dream:

To dream that you are having sex with a stranger represents uncertainty about what is ahead.

-------------------------------

I can't say that's wrong.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:39 pm 
Site Admin

I had very strange surreal dream/vision laying in bed the other night. I saw a giant dragonfly floating in front of my face. It seemed so real in my half awake stupor I reached out to grab it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:06 pm 

I can't say I've ever dreamed about one of those. Dreammoods says this:

To see a dragonfly in your dream symbolizes change and regeneration. It may also indicate that something in your life may not appear as it seems. Alternatively, the dream represents instability flightiness or activity. You are always on the go.

---------------------------------------------------

So they gave three possibilities. No idea on this one.

Auntyflo is no help either.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:51 am 
Site Admin

that's me, always on the go

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:06 am 

When I was 19, my high school sweetheart dumped me and we went our separate ways.

About a year ago, she started making it obvious that she is available now. And last night I dreamed we were kissing.

Antyflo has this to say on this subject:

To dream of an ex-girlfriend indicates that you are feeling worried about the future. There are many different reasons why we dream of ex-partners, it can mean that we are simply not fulfilled in our current relationship, alternatively, it can do indicate that you are missing that partner in your waking life.

--------------------------

Hoob's conclusion. I think I'll pass. Even lovecalculator.com agrees, rating our chances a 0.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:06 pm 

I dreamed I was walking in a driveway out in the country. There were three raccoons in the way, and I yelled at them to scram. Dream moods has this to say:

"To see a raccoon in your dream signifies deceit and thievery. You are not being completely honest in some situation. Alternatively, the dream suggests that you are hiding something. You are keeping a secret."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:59 am 
I'm a tool.

do tell!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:53 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

:popcorn: :gammy:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:29 am 
I'm a tool.

I had a dream last night my wife bought me a brand new set of Taylor Made Sim Max golf clubs and a sweet Scotty Cameron putter.

Then i woke up and was extremely disappointed.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:22 pm 

To see or hold a golf club in your dream symbolizes your drive, energy and determination. These are the qualities that you need to achieve your goals. More directly, the dream may indicate your desire to play or learn golf.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:45 am 
I'm a tool.

jim jack wrote:
To see or hold a golf club in your dream symbolizes your drive, energy and determination.

i have none of this

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:21 am 

:D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:00 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I rarely remember my dreams, so to remember 2 I have in one night is super rare. It happened last week though!

Dream 1: I dreampt I was being interviewed by whatever the CPS for dogs is. Funny though they weren't asking about Cookie (who *thinks* he's the favorite) but Casper. They were asking me all kinds of questions about how often he eats, how he's treated, etc. They also asked the wife some questions which made me tense up because she makes it no secret she'd rather not have dogs at all. She was pretty cool in the dream though. While we were being questioned, Casper came up to me and went into his begging pose (which is just so darn cute) and I picked him up. He likes to be held like a baby so when I picked him up I cradled him, which he rewarded me with a friendly kiss on my nose. That's all the doggie cops had to see, they were satisfied that Casper was in a loving home.

Dream 2: This one was about my grandfather. I was at his home with 2 other people. We chatted a bit in the living room. I noticed one of the people was Keith Richards who appeared to have had his hair and makeup done by a professional because he looked a good 20 years younger. I teased him what was the special occasion but he said that's just how he always looked. I called BS because I knew he didn't take several hours to get ready every day like he obviously did that day. While we were talking my grandfather had wandered off to bed. We decided to go so I went to his bedroom to tell him bye. He was in a large room, dark with the only light coming from a lamp next to his bed. Only his half of the bed was lit, which reminded me how lonely he much be now that my grandmother had died. I gave him a hug and told him I'd see him at Thanksgiving. He asked if it was on October 13 this year and I said "No, it's late in the month this year. I think it's on October 30." Even in my dreams I'm a dumbass.

Anyway my grandfather died in 99, several years before my grandmother did in 05, so I thought it was strange I had it reversed in my dream.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:35 pm 

I remember plenty of dreams, but I don't ever remember dreaming about someone who is no longer with us. I wonder why that is.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:43 am 

I was lying under the covers and a female acquaintance was in the room with me. We were not romantically involved and she wasn't about to join me or anything. While she was talking, I farted really loudly. She paused and then continued her story. I was embarrassed but said nothing.

For the life of me, I don't know where this stuff comes from. Dream moods says:

"To dream that you are farting suggests that you are being passive aggressive. You need to express your feelings in a more direct manner. "

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next