Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Donal Sterling and privacy/thought police
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:45 pm 

I don't hold the same feelings as Donald Sterling about black people, but I support the guys right to privacy and to think or feel whatever he wants.

Since when is it against the rules to tell someone in private what you think? I hate country music and radical religion, but what concern is it to a country music fan or a radical Christian, Muslim, or Jew? The answer is "it doesn't matter". Those are my beliefs, and I am entitled to them. Go ahead and listen to your stupid country bullshit and go to a "God Hates Fags" rally. You know what? You won't see me anywhere near either of them, because I don't like that shit.

All of this horse shit about "acceptance" and "equality" needs to run both ways. If I don't like gays for instance (not saying I don't, it's just a hot topic), the gay guy needs to accept me as a non-fan of the gay lifestyle, just like he wants me to accept his. We have different beliefs and it's ok to be different, as long as nobody gets injured. Acceptance isn't just one way.

Now go out there and fuck yourself.

Post subject: Re: Donal Sterling and privacy/thought police
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:22 pm 
I'm a tool.

Mack cuban was right about this situation.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:58 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Probably the tipping point here is the major sponsors pulling out. Plus, the dude has one foot in the grave. I would wager had Sterling been 61 instead of 81 that the punishment would not have been as severe. And while he may have said a bunch of stupid shit in the privacy of his own home, it got out. He didn't break any laws, he's just an asshole. You can be an asshole all you want, but don't be shocked when you get backlash because of it. The public uproar over this was predictable, but I admit I didn't see the quick sponsor pullout coming. Once that happened I think it gave the NBA owners an opportunity to dump this thorn once and for all.

My opinion on opinions... everyone has the right to express them. The line (at least for me) is when rights are denied someone just because they think or look different than others. For example, I'm atheist. If someone doesn't agree with my opinion, fine. If a law is passed stating atheists can't drive after sundown because the bible says they can't see well at night... well then I will take issue with that.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 7:57 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I had a good buddy who said he was atheist and he had the shittiest vision. He would even joke how he drove like a grandpa. You might be onto something.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 8:56 am 
Site Admin

I have no doubt the dude is a piece of shit, but I'm not sure the NBA should be playing thought police. They likely had no choice though. They make money because of Chris Paul and Blake Griffin, not Donald Sterling.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 10:29 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Is the NBA really playing thought police here? They did and said nothing for 30 years. It was only after an avalanche of sponsor pullout that they took action. Silver is talking it up like they are taking a moral stand, but probably this has to do with the bottom line, 100%.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 11:08 am 
Site Admin

Of course it's about money, but publicly they're playing thought police. He's being pushed out indirectly, due to comments he's made. I have so much fucking tiredhead over this story now though. [fakedanny]just go away stoopie dumb [fd]

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 11:14 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

or somesuch wrote:
I have so much fucking tiredhead over this story now though. [fakedanny]just go away stoopie dumb [fd]

Gotta milk everything til footballball season starts.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 10:38 am 

I'm just tired of being the white devil. Any time old whitey does something bad, hundreds of years of repression are pulled out and dusted off and shoved in your white face. I personally have never repressed anyone, but I have said some unflattering things about people, and had unflattering thoughts. I guess that the NBA players and the people who were calling foul on this incident have never said anything disparaging about white folks. If they haven't, then go ahead and cast that first stone, then walk on water, turn water into wine, and rise from the dead on Easter. Bunch of holier than thou, overpaid, media hogs.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 11:41 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

don keyballs wrote:
I'm just tired of being the white devil. Any time old whitey does something bad, hundreds of years of repression are pulled out and dusted off and shoved in your white face. I personally have never repressed anyone, but I have said some unflattering things about people, and had unflattering thoughts. I guess that the NBA players and the people who were calling foul on this incident have never said anything disparaging about white folks. If they haven't, then go ahead and cast that first stone, then walk on water, turn water into wine, and rise from the dead on Easter. Bunch of holier than thou, overpaid, media hogs.

It's as Cuban first said, We're heading down a slippery slope with being offended by what a person "thinks" in their own home...

When did it become a requirement to respond if some group or some person says they are offended?

I don't give a flying fuck if you are offended.

"A free society endangers us, without doubt. It is our Achilles Heel, and our glory. It is the risk we take…. Did so many Americans give up their lives to save our freedom so that we could give up our freedom to save our lives?" … Neil Steinberg