Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 10:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mundane shit worth sharing
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:59 pm 

I see that Dish Network is now battling the NFL Network and they are no longer carrying them. Same for Sling, which Dish owns.

In the 20 or so years I had Dish, it was extremely rare that I watched this channel, even when they had games on. I probably went several years in a row without ever stopping on 154, which is what channel it was on.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:23 pm 

I see that Jen Ohlson is still pushing her fitness software company, International Health Technologies out of Austin. I figured that since Texas uses different software for their school fitness tests that she would fail, but she's still at it and doing ok.

Good for her.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:22 am 
I'm a tool.

I can’t stop watching Jake Vale farting videos. I’m immature

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:13 pm 

jim jack wrote:
jim jack wrote:
jim jack wrote:
jim jack wrote:
Deer season cannot get here soon enough.

I want the hunters to thin those sumbitches out and get them off the roads. I had two really close calls on the way home from work tonight. One was a buck that was obviously preoccupied with a doe. It is that time of the year.

Some guy was tailgating me at 70 mph. When the first incident happened, I swerved and got on the brakes. He dropped way behind me and stayed that way.

Kill them.

And then this morning, a friend hit one driving to work. She was in Azle on 199 in a populated area.

Kill them.

Fuck a duck. Today it was my turn. Because of the time change, I was on the road when the sun was coming up and that is a time when they are active.

A doe came out of the tall grass and ran in front of me. I was going 70. I nearly missed it, but it caught the driver's side and ripped the molding off of the front fender off of the driver's side.

A couple of years ago, I bought a deer whistle that mounts on the grill but never put it on because I read they didn't help. I put it on this evening.

Damn it to hell.

It happened again, this time to my Civic. I drove it the rest of the way home, something like 25 miles. It ruined the front end, hood, and dented the radiator. And yet the headlights still worked. I don't suppose they will total it since it drives just fine. But it has a lot of damage.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Had to stay late for a school board meeting, but it was still daylight when I drove home. There was a damn stupid deer in the exact same damn place where I hit the last one. And it was thinking about making a run for it. Fortunately, it didn't happen. But there's always tomorrow.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:18 pm 

I don't know man, maybe I should have started a thread called "watch Hoob fail to keep the fucking scorpions out of his house."

Did the customary blacklight on the wall last night, noticed one near the air conditioner, where I think they are coming in. One swat with the shoe fixed that.

For the heck of it, I shone it around the rest of the house and a pretty big one came out of the area where the ceiling fan connects to the ceiling, took a look around and then went back into the ceiling. I sprayed the shit out of the area and about 90 minutes later, I finally was able to sleep.

When I came home from work tonight, it was on the floor, nearly dead.

I need to move.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:16 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Are you putting down a chemical barrier inside AND outside? The chemical barrier isn't an instant kill, so if you only spray something inside they'll still be moving around a bit before it affects them.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:41 pm 

I found a dead possum under the bird feeders this morning. I strongly suspect it was the Catahoula that killed it, but she has held up under intense questioning and has exhibited zero signs of remorse. She is a G-face killa, that dog and steps to like a mug.

You can learn a lot about yourself when presented with situations such as carcass removal. I am a pussy. I got the heebie jeebies like you wouldn't believe when I closely inspected it and even more so when i lifted its not yet rigor mortised but not all the way limp body onto the shovel, especially when its thick tail, white like braided rope, dangled from the side.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:11 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Trained Goucho wrote:
You can learn a lot about yourself when presented with situations such as carcass removal. I am a pussy. I got the heebie jeebies like you wouldn't believe when I closely inspected it and even more so when i lifted its not yet rigor mortised but not all the way limp body onto the shovel, especially when its thick tail, white like braided rope, dangled from the side.

You didn't do the ol' pick-up-with-an-inside-out-plastic-bag-a-la-dog-poop-clean-up trick?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:42 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I'm a pussy about dead animals, too. Years ago we had a dead bun-bun on the side lawn. Forensics determined that it died by choking to death after nibbling on a soaker hose. I disposed of the carcass with a shovel and a trash bag.

And just this morning, I went downstairs during a work break to find two kittycats in the front room just chillin' with a crippled lizard between them. Not sure the exact type of lizard since I'm not a herpetologist. Some have suggested that they are aneids, which is a type of salamander, and therefore an amphibian, but I don't know anything about those either. Point is, the cats brought a fuckin' lizard in the house and someone had to throw it away. I grabbed a couple paper towels so I wouldn't directly touch the icky thing, picked it up, and put it in the trash.

<---real big pussy about these things

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:13 pm 

Sweet Greggo wrote:
Are you putting down a chemical barrier inside AND outside? The chemical barrier isn't an instant kill, so if you only spray something inside they'll still be moving around a bit before it affects them.

I do, but I guess I need to do it better. I've seen a couple in the house in the past month that were nearly dead. And a few that had plenty of life in them.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:52 am 
I'm a tool.

jim jack wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:

I do, but I guess I need to do it better. I've seen a couple in the house in the past month that were nearly dead. And a few that had plenty of life in them.

You should call my guy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:33 am 
I'm a tool.

Twins. Has there ever been a set of twins that one is grossly obese and the other is super skinny? Or are all of them the same size as the other?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:10 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

cap wrote:
Twins. Has there ever been a set of twins that one is grossly obese and the other is super skinny? Or are all of them the same size as the other?

I have twin half-sisters. Both of them and their mother got pretty fat. 6 or 7 years ago one of them flew to Tijuana with their mom and got thumb stomachs (apparently it's a lot cheaper in Mexico). Mom and sis lost a bunch of weight, though neither ever got "super skinny". Mom gained quite a bit back. Sis gained some back as well but she's not nearly as heavy as her sister.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:16 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Tit Whistle wrote:
Not sure the exact type of lizard since I'm not a herpetologist.

Back when people still cared about herpes ('01 or so) I worked with an older black lady that referred to it as "the erp". She would say things like "yeah you know these kids run around like they gon live forever 'til the get the erp and get brought down to earth". Took me a minute to figure out what she was talking about. I've never heard anyone else silence the "h" in herpes, black or otherwise.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:34 pm 

My dad seems to work in the word humble more than most and always silences the h. He also over stresses the “um”. It bugs me. He is white.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:33 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I miss orneadman.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:50 pm 

Tit Whistle wrote:
I miss orneadman.

:D

Me too.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:45 am 

I read an article in Forbes earlier “Why Texas is in Trouble.” It detailed the bloated government employee salaries. Last year there were over 78,000 state and local government employees making more than 100k. Public school superintendents did surprisingly well. For instance, Carroll ISD’s super pulls in $452,014. Grand Prairie and Prosper also cracked the top 10 at 429k & 374k respectively. Not sure where hoob ISD is. He must be rich though.

Another shocker. The city manager in Laredo pulls in $880,486. Little Elm was 2nd at $574,594.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:11 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I often wonder how I screwed up my career path so bad that I can't feasibly afford the average house in DFW. Even in Euless which has traditionally been pretty affordable, the new homes being built in the last 5-10 start in the high 300s and just go up from there. They can't build them fast enough. What the heck are these jobs that are paying enough for these? It damn sure isn't project management in the sign industry. :/

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:07 pm 

Sweet Greggo wrote:
I often wonder how I screwed up my career path so bad that I can't feasibly afford the average house in DFW. Even in Euless which has traditionally been pretty affordable, the new homes being built in the last 5-10 start in the high 300s and just go up from there. They can't build them fast enough. What the heck are these jobs that are paying enough for these? It damn sure isn't project management in the sign industry. :/

:babyarm:

The superintendent at my previous school talked about this one day. He said that even with a superintendent's salary, he was having a hard time building a house that he could afford. He makes $135,000 at a 3A school. Fuck that guy from now on, but he's right.

I saw a vacant fixer-upper brick house for sale near Bonham State Park and I looked it up on the tax rolls. It was only $87,000. I would love to retire there and ride the trail every day, but I guarantee you that place has squirrels and raccoons in it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:33 am 
I'm a tool.

jim jack wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:

The superintendent at my previous school talked about this one day. He said that even with a superintendent's salary, he was having a hard time building a house that he could afford. He makes $135,000 at a 3A school. Fuck that guy from now on, but he's right.

I saw a vacant fixer-upper brick house for sale near Bonham State Park and I looked it up on the tax rolls. It was only $87,000. I would love to retire there and ride the trail every day, but I guarantee you that place has squirrels and raccoons in it.

They are california my texas. That's why

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:06 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

cap wrote:
jim jack wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:

They are california my texas. That's why

:ring:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:45 am 

Digital thermometers are up to $100. Battrees not included.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:57 am 

There is a semi annual intimates sale going on at Kohl’s right now-Aug 30. We’re talkin bras and panties.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:52 pm 

I immediately pictured Johnny from Airplane! blurting out, "There's a sale at Penny's!"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:18 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

jim jack wrote:
I immediately pictured Johnny from Airplane! blurting out, "There's a sale at Penny's!"

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:53 pm 

Picked up trash along my road today as usual.

The good news: there wasn't much trash at all, which is unusual.

The bad news: somebody took a dump in the ditch about a quarter of a mile from here. They used napkins to wipe and left it all there.

People are damn pigs.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:38 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

everybody poops

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:15 pm 

I adopted a cat a few months ago. Wait a minute. Let me start over.

A damn cat showed up a few months ago and not wanting any animal to starve, I fed it. It thanked me by having four damn kittens. Now the little bastards are tearing shit up on my front porch, which I have renamed the damn cat porch.

It's 9:15 and I can hear stuff rattling around right now. It's a matter of time before they go all snow monkey on me and ride one of my bicycles off into the woods.

I'm a borrowed .410 away from being done with them.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:29 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Hoob, you need to collect those little shits and get them either adopted or to a shelter (preferably no-kill). A shelter will spay and neuter them before they let them be adopted. Soon those 4 will turn into 40. Ferals love to fuck, man.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:29 pm 

I never poop in admin because it's a portable building. I figured the sounds would echo throughout the place.

The main area of the building is a community office type setting with a half dozen desks sitting there. One desk had a container of Metamucil sitting out in the open.

I say out loud, "Wow, I've made it this long in life, and until now, I've never seen a bottle of that stuff just sitting on a desk."

One of the secretaries immediately says, "You should hear him in action after he takes it. It sounds like he's playing some sort of musical instrument in there."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:27 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

good lord

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:24 pm 

With all of the rednecks out here frying turkeys outdoors, it is damned impossible to find propane on Christmas Eve.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:56 am 
I'm a tool.

I'm working from home today in the kitchen and noticed a real RJ-11 phone jack here. I bet today kids have no idea what that jack is used for. These kids nowadays are so dumb.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:18 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

cap wrote:
I'm working from home today in the kitchen and noticed a real RJ-11 phone jack here. I bet today kids have no idea what that jack is used for. These kids nowadays are so dumb.

That's what I used to plug my Atari 300 baud modem into and after that my Hayes 1200 baud modem. Those were better times.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:09 pm 

When I had TWO lines in the house, one for phone calls, one for downloading crap on Usenet, life was wonderful. Those were better times indeed.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:15 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

jim jack wrote:
When I had TWO lines in the house, one for phone calls, one for downloading crap on Usenet, life was wonderful. Those were better times indeed.

:babyarm: hell yeah.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:03 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I'm starting to get beaten down by YouTubeTV not carrying Fox SW. I'm not the world's biggest Stars and Mavs fan, but the option to watch would be kind of nice. I'm not ready to surrender and go back to cable yet, but baseball season will drive me there. And regardless of how dogmatic Mark Cuban is about it on Twitter, I'm not going with the piece of shit AT&T app.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:56 pm 

Out in the hinterlands, we don't have a choice except for DirectTV. I love the Rangers, but I'm not doing satellite for a last place team. And knowing my luck, DirectTV will stop showing FSSW as well.

Funny how Cuban discovered that the situation was more complicated than he thought it was. He went from saying an agreement was going to happen to actually sounding sympathetic to Sinclair Broadcasting. Eff them all. Or as a former Ticket host once said while getting a haircut, "Eff everybody in here."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:22 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

The inflated TV deals will hopefully be a thing of the past soon. The athletes won't like it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:52 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Cuban pretty much took the stance of "if you picked a service that doesn't have a deal with the regionals, sucks to be you". I tend to think the leagues will step in at some point since so many fans are being left in the dark, but not if they have sweet sponsorship arrangements with AT&T like Cuban.

And not that I'm watching much there anyway, but NBCSN is shutting down by the end of the year. Several of their contracts are expiring soon and the content that's left is going to the big network, USA, and Peacock.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:30 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

A good chunk of EPL is already on Peacock. :babyarm:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74  Next