Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 895 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Weather shit = on!!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:00 pm 

Well, it was nice knowing you dorks

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:51 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

You could stay warm by setting your Skyrim money on fire.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:09 am 

I bet fallout money burns brighter.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:42 pm 

We are getting farging drilled in Wise County. At some point, I had no tv to see Delkus, no Internet, and the nearest cell phone tower got hung up on about 3 hours ago. But I do have electricity thanks to the sweet clean Rural Electric Administration.

So far, it has rained 4 inches and is still coming down. I am gonna float in to work tomorrow. Hopefully their electricity will be back on by then. It is off right now.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:46 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

As I was leaving the house this morning the sirens went off, so I noped and went back into the house. The front blew through with some gusty winds, a lot of rain and a bit of pea sized hail. The back yard is a swamp again which means muddy dog feet. I'm gonna have to do something about that.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:46 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Hail like a mug. Hope the roof survives.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:50 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Last weekend I bought a new grill cover (for my grill). This morning the cover's got a buncha hail-poked holes in it. :banghead:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:00 am 

What kind of grill do you have? Is it a gas grill? I don't have a gas grill anymore. Just charcoal. The cover on it is all torn up and stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:04 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I have a charcoal grill. It's a big-ass thing. I had a gas grill once but didn't like it. Sometimes it wouldn't light right away and gas would build up and when it finally got that spark it would go POOF!! and it'd scare me. I've been a charcoal man ever since. I prefer Kingsford but I don't get the stuff with lighter fluid in them because I have one of those metal cylinders to get the coals hot in. Match light briquettes will give you a column of fire in that cylinder which is cool but also scary.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:25 am 
Site Admin

I have both. Gas for convenience. Charcoal for taste. I also have a gas smoker. I'm considering one of those three-in-one grills. They seem to get really good reviews and would take up less space on my patio, giving me more room for activities. I don't know yet. I haven't decided. I had that "poof" from my gas grill one time too. My head was lowered as I was inspecting it simultaneously. It was both scary and exhilarating at the same time.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:44 am 

I haven't fired up the grill in about 2 years. The wife is still on a self righteous no meat kick. I get my fix away from home. Do you know what else makes scarey poof noises? Gas fire places. That can be really tense. Gas fireplaces suck.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:49 am 
Site Admin

I have a gas fireplace. I hate it. I like the poof sound though. It doesn't scare me when it comes from the fireplace.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:02 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I have a gas fireplace too. I'm thinking about getting one of those gas logs for it. I haven't used it in a long time. Texas, ya know.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:42 pm 

Not long after I got married, Mrs. Hoob and I were at a New Year's Eve party. The hosts had gas logs. We were talking in low tones, ignoring everyone else. We were discussing how we could get these wonderful things for our house. A week later, we had them, too.

Years later, I wanted to change the gas logs out for a wood burning stove insert. I got the "oh hell no" treatment for that one.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:52 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Tit Whistle wrote:
Hail like a mug. Hope the roof survives.

Just filed a claim for hail damage. I'm interested to hear how much this will cost.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:08 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

You guys using your fireplaces make sure you have someone inspect them every few years. Especially if you haven't used them in awhile.

Kingsford "blue bag" is the best for smoking. The briquettes have a predictable slow burn that helps maintain temps over a long period of time. Don't ever buy the 9 lb bag for $10 and the grocery store. The 18 lb bags are sold at that price in Home Depot and Lowe's. A few times a year they run a 2fer sale - 2 18 lb bags for $10. Load up when that happens.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:53 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Baseball sized hail in Wylie. Hail damage like a mug. Windows out all over the neighborhood. I lost five. Water damage. Furniture fucked up. You name it, I got it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:16 pm 

Sorry, pal. That sucks.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:06 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

:( Sorry, man. Glad it was only windows that were broken. The images on the news are insane.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:20 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I actually lost 6 windows. Just finished boarding up. I'm exhausted. Not going to work tomorrow.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:17 pm 

Oh wow, that is terrible. I am really sorry about this, Tit. Hope your insurance company steps up to the plate quickly.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:10 am 
I'm a tool.

They won't

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:58 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

*dusts off podium*
*straightens necktie*
*tips mic*

*ahem*

Fuck a bunch of hail.

*waves dingus*

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:00 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

How's the roof? My aunt lives in Wylie, too, and said she has softball sized holes in hers.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:28 am 
I'm a tool.

A lady at work lives in Wylie. She seemed classier than that, but i digress. She showed pics of her house. It got effed up. Roof, windows, floors flooded.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:02 am 

I wonder if fart made it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:04 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I got fucked up roof but no leakage it seems yet. I'll probably get a new roof. And six new windows with new blinds for each. And new carpeting in at least 3 rooms. Some of my neighbors will get new cars. I had baseball-sized hail in my living room. Not sure if I mentioned that yet.

Oh yeah, and the lady next door just got a new roof the very fucking day of this storm. Those dudes had just finished an hour or two before it hit. They hadn't even taken the porta-potty away yet.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:09 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Who needs a damn port o potty to put in a roof? I worked as a roofer's helper when I was a wee lad of 18. Me and 1 other guy did the job in 2 1/2 days. I assume a crew of 4 that knows what they're doing can do it all in a day and a half. It takes longer than that to sneak across the border in the trunk of a car. They can hold it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:10 am 
Site Admin

Sweet Greggo wrote:
Who needs a damn port o potty to put in a roof? I worked as a roofer's helper when I was a wee lad of 18. Me and 1 other guy did the job in 2 1/2 days. I assume a crew of 4 that knows what they're doing can do it all in a day and a half. It takes longer than that to sneak across the border in the trunk of a car. They can hold it.

I'm not sure the port-a-potty part was the point of tit's post.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:18 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

It's ok to address it. We don't talk about them that often. We were all kinda surprised when the porta-potty held firm during the storm and didn't wind up in someone else's yard. That's a solid unit there.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:28 am 
I'm a tool.

yOu can thank the overreach of the feds for the porta potty.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:35 am 

Tit Whistle wrote:
It's ok to address it. We don't talk about them that often. We were all kinda surprised when the porta-potty held firm during the storm and didn't wind up in someone else's yard. That's a solid unit there.

The weight of all that poop must be a good anchor.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:57 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Trained Goucho wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:

The weight of all that poop must be a good anchor.

Mexicans are known for having heavier poop than the other races.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:26 am 

Tit, were you home when this happened? Describe your thoughts and feelings as your world was under siege.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:36 pm 

Parents live in Plano and apparently it broke a skylight and was hailing in the family room

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:53 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I was home and so were the kids. I noticed the omimous clouds on the drive home. It was sunny then about a mile from home it got hella dark. I hung around and relaxed a bit before the storm rolled in. First we got a little rain, then I started to hear the pings of pea-sized hail. Tit Jr came down with a handful of DS games in preparation for coming onslaught of dark times. His prep skills = shit. We looked out the back windows as the hail increased to marble-sized. Within seconds, they were up to golf balls and they started to hit the windows. It was quite a racket but we weren't alarmed. Then I heard a crash and noticed one of the windows was broken on the outside (yes, these were double pane windows.) I told Tit Jr the windows were breaking and to get the hell away from home. He runnoft to take shelter in the utility room which is completely enclosed, so that was a good move, and then hell came crashing down around us as those fuckers pelted the back of the house and destroyed everything they came into contact with. I only witnessed what was happening in the living room as I retreated toward the front of the house but a buncha sideways rain and ever-increasingly-sized hail flew into the house as the curtains proved how useless curtains are by letting the wind whip them around to its will. I haven't experienced a shelling like that since 'Nam.

Titette came downstairs and hung out on the staircase (probably her safest option at that point) and she wasn't handling it well but at least she wasn't panicking. I should add that Tuesday was her 16th birthday and I think it ended up being a shitty birthday for her. We just stayed home all day that day getting shit cleaned up and most of her friends live in the same neighborhood and got hit too so it was a no fun day for her. I feel bad about it but at least none of her stuff got ruined since her room is at the front of the house.

Anyhoo, as the house got shithammered, I made two phone calls. One to Mrs Tit to tell her to get her ass home pronto, and the other to her dad because he's handy and knows how to fix shit like this. After 5-10 minutes, it stopped and was only raining, the straight down kind. We quickly assessed things: Living room was trashed, and kitchen had water all over the floor. The Master bed, Tit Jr's room, and a spare bedroom all had broken windows, wet carpet, etc. Not much furniture damage, but Tit Jr's Wii U is on the fritz. His TV is fine, tho. They were right by the window. Oh yeah, all the blinds for these windows were completely annihilated too. A tornado siren went off, but someone much wiser than me once told me to ignore those because they're bullshit. She's right because it stopped after like a minute.

We went outside and neighbors were starting to venture outside. No one on our street was spared. We spent those first crucial minutes just standing around talking and one-upping each other over how much damage we had. There was lots of conflicting info on what to do. Someone called carpet cleaners, which in my opinion is pretty fuck the far down on the list of first responder shit. Eventually the in-laws showed up with plywood imported from Frisco (the local Home Depot was reportedly packed) and we set to boarding up the windows. It took hella long. It was cold and we were drilling thru plywood and into the window frame. It wasn't ideal. I thought my father-in-law was gonna drop dead on us out there. The backyard was a muddy swamp, he was exhausted, and his body started cramping all to shit. Plus I'll prolly have to buy him a new drill after he tossed it down to me from the second floor and I had second thoughts about catching it because of the pointy bit so I let it go splat in the mud on the ground. It wasn't working well after that (it's a DeWalt.)

Despite the length here, I'm still leaving a ton out. But that's enough for now. How was your Monday?

The End

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:19 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

tit whistle wrote:
I should add that Tuesday was her 16th birthday

Bullsh. Titette was only 9 the last time I was over at your house for the podcast. That was like what, 2 years ago? 3? No way she's 16.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:36 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I'm feeling a little guilty. My roof is 8 years old and close to needing replacement because of wind damage and shitty installation. Bad enough for replacement, but not worth getting insurance involved. The roofer that looked at it said that insurance will deny the claim because it's standard wear and tear, but because I filed a claim they will make me replace it on my dime in order to be renewed next time around. (This actually happened to someone I work with.) All that being said, I've been doing the hail dance every time it gets cloudy so I can get my roof replaced all proper like. I hope I didn't send this stuff your way, Tit.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:49 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

You motherfucker. :mad:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:28 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

This is what happens when we open up registration on the forum.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:52 pm 

:babyarm:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:29 pm 
Site Admin

Sweet Greggo wrote:
tit whistle wrote:
I should add that Tuesday was her 16th birthday

Bullsh. Titette was only 9 the last time I was over at your house for the podcast. That was like what, 2 years ago? 3? No way she's 16.

It was probably 7 years ago.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 895 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next