Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55  Next
 Post subject: Re: Thinsgs I'm currently eating or things you ate recently
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:00 pm 

Sweet Greggo wrote:
I tried Cane's. Their "secret" sauce was shit. Had to whip up some quick gravy at the house because they don't sell it. Fuck Cane's.

I liked it. Gravy does nothing for me on chicken tenders
Golden Chick's "ZING seasoning" or whatever is great

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:15 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I tried Zaxby's over the break and it might be better than Cane's. Cane's is all about that sauce, which is excellent, but their food is pretty bland without it. Zaxby's adds a Cajun seasoning to their chicken and fries and they can stand alone for enjoyment in case you're some dumb fuck who requires gravy. Their standard sauce is just okay, but they have about 6-7 other flavors to choose from. They also have a greater plethora of options including salads, so you can take the little lady on date night.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:58 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Tit Whistle wrote:
I tried Zaxby's over the break and it might be better than Cane's. Cane's is all about that sauce, which is excellent, but their food is pretty bland without it. Zaxby's adds a Cajun seasoning to their chicken and fries and they can stand alone for enjoyment in case you're some dumb fuck who requires gravy. Their standard sauce is just okay, but they have about 6-7 other flavors to choose from. They also have a greater plethora of options including salads, so you can take the little lady on date night.

Spoken like a true carpetbagger. GTFO with yer fancy french sauces. This is Texas, bitch. Gravy is a goddam food group here.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:52 pm 

Izzo's Illegal Burrito--the only burrito chain option in the area. I think it's based out of Baton Rouge. Anyhoo, it was pretty effing good but my taste buds have dumbed down since leaving Dallas. It's most comparable to Freebirds which was my least favorite in DFW so screw me.

Twist: on the way out a black dude held the door open and I gave an upwards head nod acknowledgement. He goes "alright now". Was this the proper head nod etiquette?
Do you go up or down with your head nods?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:57 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

For me, a downward nod usually accompanies a "Thanks", whereas an upward nod is more of a "Sup?". When you're sitting across from someone, it's fun to look past them and do the Sup nod when there's no one there. Most of the time they turn around and look.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:03 pm 
Site Admin

Freebirds might be my favorite burrito chain. The addons might be a little lacking but their meats are always a step above everyone else. Plus I like the cayenne tortilla they have.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:14 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I had Freebird's last weekend for the first time in a long time and I decided I need to eat there more often. I usually get my burrito fix at Chiloso because they're close by and they aren't Chipotle, but they don't give me much of a food boner.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:00 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I like Freebirds for the cayenne tortillas and fresh meat, but I was disappointed when they cut out the toasted crushed garlic add on. It was the special ingredient that brought the whole burrito together.

We've been hitting Chiloso almost weekly since they opened in Southlake. I can't get enough of the grilled avocados with steak. I've only deviated from them once to try the enchiladas with fried eggs at brunch and the over easy eggs gave me explosive diarrhea. I should have known better since eggs don't agree with me, especially those that might be slightly undercooked.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:17 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

There's a Burrito Jimmy down the street from work. I've only been in there once on Saturday and ordered a breakfast burrito. It was not bad. About a year ago they moved to another spot in the same shopping center. Their old place became a Burgdawg's. Probably owned by the same people. I haven't eaten their yet buy I've eaten at the asian place next to it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:19 pm 
I'm a tool.

Taco Bell has a great burrito supreme

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:19 pm 
Site Admin

Sweet Greggo wrote:
There's a Burrito Jimmy down the street from work. I've only been in there once on Saturday and ordered a breakfast burrito. It was not bad. About a year ago they moved to another spot in the same shopping center. Their old place became a Burgdawg's. Probably owned by the same people. I haven't eaten their yet buy I've eaten at the asian place next to it.

I used to get nachos from burrito jimmy and they were pretty damn good.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:37 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

cap wrote:
Taco Bell has a great burrito supreme

:babyarm:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:16 pm 

Trained Goucho wrote:
Izzo's Illegal Burrito--the only burrito chain option in the area. I think it's based out of Baton Rouge. Anyhoo, it was pretty effing good but my taste buds have dumbed down since leaving Dallas. It's most comparable to Freebirds which was my least favorite in DFW so screw me.

Twist: on the way out a black dude held the door open and I gave an upwards head nod acknowledgement. He goes "alright now". Was this the proper head nod etiquette?
Do you go up or down with your head nods?

Where you at now?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:51 pm 

The deep dirty south in Mississippi.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:03 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

We drove thru Mississippi on our trip to Florida over Xmas. Mississippi should be known as The Saddest State.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:59 pm 
I'm a tool.

Taco Delight....... :puke:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:18 pm 
I'm a tool.

I had Indian food for the first time today. They had me try to the Chicken tikka masala. The dots can make good food.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:34 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I took Mrs Tit out to lunch today at a Mexican restaurant in Richardson. Never been there before but it looked nice. We were seated and I ordered El Seis, which is Spanish for 6. Mrs Tit had El Diez (10). El Seis was simply two (2) pork burritos with rice and beans. When the food arrived, I tucked into the first burrito and was greeted with a nice, rather spicy and flavorful porkish delight that got the ol' nose runnin'. I liked it. After finishing the first one, I cut into the second with my fork, but I couldn't cut all the way through it. I was able to sever a section of the tortilla, but the innards were hella tough. I spiked the meatish center with my fork and pulled out a good-sized chunk of plastic saran wrap that was the length of the burrito and probably encased the pork back when the pork used to sit in the fridge. The waiter confirmed this when I brought it to his attention, and it seemed to me from his response that this wasn't the first time it'd happened. He took the plate away and my meal was comped. After the cardboard burger at Humperdink's 12-13 years ago, I'm seeing a trend that sometimes I receive extra shit with my food. Maybe I should stop eating out.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:19 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

When my kid was a year or so old, she would eat the shit out of grilled cheese sandwiches. It was the one thing she didn't want us to cut up because it was so easy to eat. One day when I was home with her for whatever reason, I made a really kickass grilled cheese for her with some fancy deli cheese. I was proud of myself because I didn't burn it and it was very evenly cooked (she wouldn't eat them if they were overcooked). I'll be damned if she didn't take 3 or 4 bites of the thing and refused to eat any more of it. I was ticked because my wife always bragged about how much she liked them. I was doing the dishes an hour or so later and I noticed that there was something white sticking out of a spot where she bit into the sandwich - it was a somewhat torn up piece of the wax parchment paper that goes in between the cheese slices in the package. :dad: of the year.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:02 am 
Site Admin

I got a burger from chilis once with the paper still stuck on the meat. They brought me a new burger but the meal was not comped. I thought about saying something when I got the bill but didn't feel like being a dick.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:34 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I don't get how that can happen. They're flipping the damn burger and no one notices there's a piece of paper stuck to it?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:54 am 
Site Admin

I don't know, man. This was in some smallish town in Arkansas so they could have just been idiots. The whole county was dry so I couldn't even enjoy a beer with my shitty paper burger.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:52 pm 

At the end of summer I was eating cherries like a mug and using empty water bottles as a spittoon for the pits. When that season ran out, I discovered the greatness of muscadines at the farmers market and tore through those bad boys thru September. Have you ever had muscadines? Delicious. I was sad when their season ended. This month I’ve been eating the mess out of moon drop grapes. They are at Kroger’s and Whole Foods here. Try these if you haven’t already. They are long grapes, kinda formed like a tootsie roll or a cat turd, and yummy to the tummy.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:24 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I had a burger for lunch and I wish to register a complaint about it. I ordered a standard single meat patty with American cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, and pickles but when they brought it to me it was constructed thusly (top to bottom): bun, cheese, meat, lettucetomatopickleonion, bun. Veggies on the bottom is a bullshit burger. You end up tasting the lettuce instead of the beef, and if I wanted that I'd put on a pantsuit and change my name to Peggy from Finance. Meat should be on the bottom and everything else is piled on top until it slides off. This was Mooyah, btw, and they offer bullshit burger construction. Stay away from this place.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:37 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Tit Whistle wrote:
I had a burger for lunch and I wish to register a complaint about it. I ordered a standard single meat patty with American cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, and pickles but when they brought it to me it was constructed thusly (top to bottom): bun, cheese, meat, lettucetomatopickleonion, bun. Veggies on the bottom is a bullshit burger. You end up tasting the lettuce instead of the beef, and if I wanted that I'd put on a pantsuit and change my name to Peggy from Finance. Meat should be on the bottom and everything else is piled on top until it slides off. This was Mooyah, btw, and they offer bullshit burger construction. Stay away from this place.

We had a Mooyah in Euless but we ran em out of town after a couple of years. fuck that place.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:24 pm 

Tit Whistle wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:57 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sweet Greggo wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:

We had a Mooyah in Euless but we ran em out of town after a couple of years. fuck that place.

We ran one outta Wylie too. :fist:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:03 pm 
Site Admin

Tit Whistle wrote:
cap wrote:
Scotty P's original

Try the Irish Nacho Burger sometime. Loaded cheese fries ON your burger. Not sure what's Irish about it, though.

We wound up at Scotty P's tonight and for some reason, I remembered this post from 4+ years ago, so I ordered said Irish Nacho burger. It was pretty good (with the qualifier that I am the least picky eater of all time), but I'll be joining mallard in death/hell tonight.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:04 am 
I'm a tool.

or somesuch wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:
cap wrote:
Scotty P's original

Try the Irish Nacho Burger sometime. Loaded cheese fries ON your burger. Not sure what's Irish about it, though.

We wound up at Scotty P's tonight and for some reason, I remembered this post from 4+ years ago, so I ordered said Irish Nacho burger. It was pretty good (with the qualifier that I am the least picky eater of all time), but I'll be joining mallard in death/hell tonight.

or your ass will

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:46 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

There's a new R Taco in the area so I gave it a try today. Slightly above meh. Nothing bad but not great either. At the moment, there are faint rumblings in the ol' TitTummy, like maybe one or more of the shrimps I ate was undercooked. I evacuated this morn so I should be clear yet farting has already begun. I have a meeting at 1:30 so things could get interesting.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:20 pm 
Site Admin

R as in Rusty? totally agree, that place is exceedingly average

they opened a new velvet taco a few blocks from home. that place is pretty damn good. it's also opened real late. good taco times for ole fruitdog.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:22 pm 
Site Admin

you could say rusty taco is the rusty greer of taco joints

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:44 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I didn't learn it was Rusty Taco until I saw a gift card thingy after I ordered. It's a big R on the outside so I assume the cool kids call it R Taco. It goes well with the O Donut, J Donut, and K Donut we also have in the area.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:59 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

R Taco is bland and they over onion/cilantro everything. Even the guacamole is ruined by being full of cilantro.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:22 am 
I'm a tool.

bigboy wrote:
R Taco is bland and they over onion/cilantro everything. Even the guacamole is ruined by being full of cilantro.

cilantro is good

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:22 am 

cap wrote:
bigboy wrote:

cilantro is good

onions is good too. There is a lot of different kinds of onions and they come in many shapes, sizes, and colors. I have noticed onions are used in a whole bunch of recipes to add flavor to meals such as supper and also entrees. Some onions can emit odors that are strong to smell and can also make you cry.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:47 am 
Site Admin

it would suck to be stuck in the cilantro tastes like soap faction. People put that shit in everything nowadays.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:04 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

There's nothing wrong with onions and cilantro in moderation. But it was the only flavor in the tacos and guac at R Taco.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:45 am 
Site Admin

I don't hate R Taco. There's one on Inwood that's kinda hidden from where my old office was. I used to sneak away and drink a few beers during lunch, and I was worthless when I got back. The memories are probably better than the food though.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:59 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

One of my daughters is in the "cilantro tastes like soap" camp. She also doesn't like shellfish. She also didn't like cheesecake until she was 16 and I made one for her birthday. Kids are weird.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:12 pm 
Site Admin

I had chiloso today. it was good.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:18 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Whipped up some bbq goodness for the Super Bowl:

Pulled Pork
Spare Ribs
Jalapeño Sausage
Hot Links
Chicken Legs

The "side" was deviled eggs. We made way too much food. I'll be eating this stuff all week.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55  Next