Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1387 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 34  Next
 Post subject: Re: Watch Hoob fail at getting into shape blog
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:01 pm 

Went to the trail just before lunchtime today. More trail has been added, and there were actually three decent climbs added. At some point I realized I was smiling. Went two laps, which was 1 hour and 20 minutes on the bike.

Not smiling now. I'm dog tired. But a kickass time was had.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:17 pm 

Had a flat on the front tire of my new bike earlier this week, fixed it this afternoon. Pulled a thorn out that was the size of a small nail. Put a liner inside the tire. Too lazy to do the same for the back, though.

Went to the trail with the intention of riding until dark, about 2 hours. I'm not used to the gearing on this bike so I had to learn how to deal with climbs and stuff. Was about halfway done with lap 3, took a corner and fishtailed strangely. Said out loud, "Am I having a damned flat on the back now?" I was.

Was able to backtrack through shortcuts and rode about a mile with the thing nearly flat. Walked the last 2 tenths or so. Encountered a guy I've seen before who said his answer to this problem was to go tubeless and put something similar to Slime in his tires. Great. That's more money to spend.

Went 15 miles on the trail, was on the bike about 90 minutes. A kickass time was had.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:22 pm 

This is becoming comical. Even though I had a liner on the front tire, it was flat, too.

Fixed them both, put different liners on both, went to the trail today. With the rain we got Thursday and Friday, the thing was damp and hard to ride. The good news is, it was a good workout. How can a brand new trail have three trees fallen across it? Hoob the lumberjack took care of them, too.

A kickass time was had. But I need a nap now. I think this is an old person thing.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:32 pm 

This has been a week of major league crap in all three phases of life. Rode a lap Monday (7 miles), got there late because of idiotic work shenanigans. Rode the new bike and enjoyed it. I wasn't very strong at all and I don't know why. Both tires stayed up afterward.

Decided on Wednesday to put Slime in those tires in preparation for a ride Thursday. After a day of work on Thursday that was nothing short of awful, I drove out to the trail. As I was getting the bike off of the rack, I noticed I had a flat. I have no idea how this happened, but it pissed me off in the biggest of ways and I just went home.

Today I took the old bike to the trail. Before shoving off, I talked with a guy who said he used to ride a lot but had a bad wreck on his motorcycle 8 years ago and doing this is difficult for him now. This made me think about how close I was to buying a Harley about 15 years ago and how glad I was that I never did it.

Went two laps (14 miles) today and rode like a sonofabitch. A kickass time was had.

P.S. Today I called the bike shop and asked if they would change me over to a tubeless system, and they said yes. I'm guessing it's going to cost about $150 or so. I don't care. I've had enough of this thorn shit.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:09 am 

Hauled the new bike to Denton to get fitted for a tubeless setup, will go get it next weekend. Was given an estimate of $156, $80 of that is new tires that I'm pretty sure I don't need. I am a DIY guy and having this farmed out bugs me. Having flats bugs me more.

Rode the old bike Saturday, went 2 laps (14 miles). Nothing happened except I ran through some sort of face-slapper that had thorns in it that put a scratch on my forehead. It made me look funny. Funnier. I don't usually get to ride on Saturdays so I really enjoyed this ride.

Losing weight is a lot harder when you get old. I am at -21 but it has been a slow process.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:03 pm 

Wanted to ride at Johnson Branch today, but they were hosting a damned race. Thank goodness I noticed this. I rode at the little trail at Bridgeport instead, went two laps (14 miles).

Replaced my worn-out original seat with one that was supposed to be more comfortable. What it really did was make the seating angle a little different and cause strain on my arms and shoulders. My legs also felt strained but I had more leverage and was able to ride faster.

I am off on Monday and may be able to ride again. However, I have projects to do at work, so it may not happen.

My ass is hamburger right now, but a kickass time was had.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:16 am 

Took off work early and went and got the bike out of hock, then went to Johnson Branch. The guy put max air in the tires and they were way too hard for my liking. About 2 minutes into the ride I realized that I was back on the big kids' playground. The trail I've been riding on doesn't begin to compare with this rocky sumbitch.

No wrecks, but I had to walk a bunch of obstacles because I couldn't make it over them. A couple of places that have injured me in the past were even more treacherous because of erosion.

But a kickass time was had.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:15 pm 

Went by the trail after work and went two laps. I noticed a thorn in the back tire when I put it on the rack. Good. I want to see if it's still up in the morning.

If I pay that much and I have a flat tire in the morning, I'm going to choke out the skateboard man worker dude at the bike shop.

The weather was perfect and I didn't sweat a whole lot. A kickass time was had.

Hoob

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:00 pm 

Instead of going to a stupid football game, I went to the trail after work. It was a good move. Halfway through the second lap I thought it might rain, so I stopped. This was something like 10 miles of riding. It was really fun and I am getting used to this bike now. The tires stayed up, too.

The very friendly woman was there with a guy, probably her husband. Oh well. You can't have them all.

Also talked with a guy who liked to tell war stories. Told me about wrecking once and puncturing a lung. I've had some injuries but never that one.

A kickass time was had.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:45 pm 

Due to a rain event, work shenanigans, and old people sex, I haven't been on the bike in 8 days. Took the trusty Trek for a spin on Sunday and rode about an hour. Only encountered one hiker.

There was a trail workday yesterday and those fine folks expanded the thing yet again; it's a 9 mile trail now. I saw on Facebook they are planning on adding 3 more miles before it's finished. This is a really easy trail and it's fairly fun, too.

I'm taking the bike to work Monday and hopefully I'll be able to go again.

A kickass time was had.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:55 pm 

Went a lap today after work, felt much better and it showed in the ride. Kept it in a higher gear to make myself work more and maybe get more exercise.

Reminding me that I am still a weak old man, about six miles in, a young punk flew by me like I was sitting still. I watched him haul ass away from me (up a hill) and quietly muttered, "fuck a duck."

Took the 9 miles in 50 minutes and other than having to eat some dust, the ride went well. I guess my tires are going to stay up now. I hope that sealant works, because I rode through a bunch of damned cactus today.

A kickass time was had.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:46 pm 

Rode today at the local trail, went 14.7 miles, was on the bike for 90 minutes. It was about 92 degrees when I shoved off. Didn't really push myself or do anything spectacular, just had a leisurely ride and enjoyed it.

An acquaintance had a heart attack and died over the weekend. He was quite a bit younger than me and was a big old boy. While dressing to go ride, I thought about...things. Usually when somebody I know dies, I subtract my age from theirs and think something like, "I've got 21 years left" or something like that. This one was different and it affected me even though I didn't know him well at all. It made me want to continue to ride.

A kickass time was had.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:56 pm 

Rode a lap before dark today. It was in the low sixties when I took off and it took about 10 minutes to warm up. Encountered a young couple on bikes that had three dogs with them.

Back in the parking lot, I saw them again. One of the pooches came up to me for an ear scratching. It was a good ending to a good ride.

Sometimes when riding I think about women. Last weekend I found myself rehashing my previous fling and I hate when I do that. Today I made myself think about work, and I ended up finding a solution to a problem. I texted my solution to a poor sumbitch I work with and he was happy. Me too.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:06 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

jim jack wrote:
Rode a lap before dark today. It was in the low sixties when I took off and it took about 10 minutes to warm up. Encountered a young couple on bikes that had three dogs with them.

Back in the parking lot, I saw them again. One of the pooches came up to me for an ear scratching. It was a good ending to a good ride.

Sometimes when riding I think about women. Last weekend I found myself rehashing my previous fling and I hate when I do that. Today I made myself think about work, and I ended up finding a solution to a problem. I texted my solution to a poor sumbitch I work with and he was happy. Me too.

:babyarm: :fist:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:19 pm 

Haven't been able to ride since Monday, went today. The trail was barely dry enough for riding and it was a difficult workout because of the dampness. But really, I needed that.

There are numerous places where the trail is totally covered by leaves now. I only got off the trail once and that is surprising because there are many places where it is guesswork.

I really need to go to a visitation after work Monday. However, the dead guy isn't going to know that I went riding instead. I'm going to bring riding clothes to work.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:23 pm 

I ended up not getting to go on Monday or any other day due to work crap, so my riding clothes have been under my desk all week. And then I got a cold, my first one of the year. I finally started feeling better today, so I rode after work.

The main thing that happened today was, I got lost in the woods. The ground was covered with leaves and I couldn't figure out where the trail was. And it was nearly dark. A couple of minutes of looking around and I found the trail again and went on. Good grief that was close.

Encountered a wild donkey a couple of times. There are three of them out there; I wonder where they get water.

A kickass time was had.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:29 pm 

Went Sunday afternoon and conditions were really good. When the trail is packed down, riding it is easy and it makes me think that I am really in good shape when I'm not. But I'm getting better.

The real problem today was answering the question of what to wear. It was 59 degrees when I shoved off. A few years ago, I didn't wear anything different unless it got below 50. Not now.

Wore tights under my shorts, a light Under Armor shirt under my usual workout shirt and full-fingered gloves. This worked out just fine and I didn't sweat too much. I would have lived if I had just worn summer stuff, but this was better. It was 55 degrees when I finished.

Oh, and I figured out why I got lost on Friday. Short story is, I'm old, blind, and am easily distracted.

But a kickass time was had.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:24 pm 

I am officially off work but have been working anyway, getting loads of stuff done. Before lunch the maintenance guy said, "You should take off and go ride today, it's going to be cold tomorrow."

So off I went to the local trail and the goal was to go two laps or 18 miles. This would take about an hour, 45 minutes. The highlights:

1. Spun out in some leaves while taking a curve and climbing a hill at the same time. Leaves are slick.

2. Lost my speedometer. I looked amongst the leaves where I wiped out, didn't find anything. I hit so many bumps on these trails so it could be anywhere.

3. Had the trail blocked by a wild horse or donkey, I don't know which. It was small. It finally moseyed off and I promised to bring a carrot on my next ride.

4. I felt pretty good today. Not at a high point for being in shape, but I'm getting better. About to go to Walmart and I feel frisky. Those granny shoppers better watch out.

A kickass time was had.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:18 am 

Today was perfect for a ride, went two laps again. No idea why it was a little bit more difficult than Tuesday, but it was. Even so, I had fun and did fairly well. Was on the bike 1 hour, 55 minutes and my tail is pretty sore right now.

Made a blind corner really fast and encountered that wild horse again. It scared us both. I've decided that horse is an old Shetland. It seems fairly gentle and was probably somebody's pet at one time.

Seeing that my speedometer was missing reminded me that I needed to order another one when I got home. Dang it.

It looks like I can probably ride again on Sunday. A kickass time will be had.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:46 pm 

Went one lap today, a 9 mile jaunt through the woods and I had fun. Took it at a more leisurely pace. Passed the young couple with the three dogs again. In the parking lot, I told the guy about soreness from Friday's ride of 2 laps. He said he was sore from yesterday's ride of 150 miles. I thought to myself, 'well fuck a duck and screw a guinea.'

I probably shouldn't feed that wild horse but I brought carrots anyway. Didn't see the little rascal this time, darn it.

My replacement speedometer arrived yesterday and I didn't notice it until today. Installed it on the trusty Trek tonight.

Won't have a chance to ride again until Thursday, and we are supposed to get a norther that day. If I go, it'll have to be a bundled-up ride.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:43 pm 

No big norther, so I rode with summer clothing. It was 66 when I took off. I'm getting older and the chill bothered me. Another old guy was there and he wore long sleeves. I really wish I had done the same.

My replacement "computer" arrived and I used it today. It shows that in 56 minutes, I burned 131 calories. Is that right? From Livestrong's website:

"Mountain biking can be fairly strenuous. A person weighing 155 lbs. will burn around 600 calories during a 1-hour mountain bike ride, while someone weighing 205 lbs. will burn around 790 calories."

I don't know what to think here.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:39 pm 

Went a lap on Saturday, nothing happened except I had fun and wish I had gone two laps. Saw the horse, forgot carrots.

Another loop has been started. Because the terrain is fairly flat, it probably won't be that difficult. However, it will be more trail to ride and I am fine with that.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:07 pm 

Went a lap and then some on Sunday. Shoved off at 4:30, finished the lap at 5:30 and decided to go part of another lap. Turned on the headlight at 5:35. My only other night ride was in 2011, so it has been a while since I attempted this.

While admiring how the light was lighting up the trail, I hit a rock and went flying into a tree at around 10 mph. It only hurt my right hand, which I used to protect myself. While dusting myself off I said out loud, "I just had a wreck on a fucking straightaway!"

Completed the rest of the ride without incident. I remembered to bring carrots for the wild horse, but it wasn't interested in them. I threw them in his general direction and went on my way.

A super kickass time was had.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:35 pm 

The new section is finished and it has a few challenges. There are a few rocky places and there is even the possibility to go over the handlebars in a couple of places. It was fun and I was happy I got to go this afternoon.

The entire thing is 9.9 miles now. I was on the bike an hour, 10 minutes. It was 71 when I left, was kinda chilly when I finished. Again, I should have worn long sleeves. I'll never learn.

I keep a phone pouch under the seat, and one of the two Velcro fasteners tore loose about a half mile from the end. I guess the Hoob Sexting Device was just too heavy for it.

A kickass time was had.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:57 pm 

My last ride was January 5 and the place was damp and difficult to ride that day. Went this afternoon and did ok because the trail was packed down. Went 9.75 miles. There are more new sections but I had trouble figuring it all out, decided to play it safe because it was nearly dark. Still rode through some new tricky rock sections and enjoyed them.

Encountered a couple of grannys that were walking, they were chatty and friendly. A big dropoff was coming up, one granny wanted to know if I was going to do a wheelie off of it.

My ass is not in riding shape, so I'm sore now. The earliest I can go again is Friday, so there is time to recover.

Speaking of ass, a kickass time was had.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:34 pm 

Got in a good ride this afternoon, explored some sections that were new to me and it was a lot of fun.

Included in that stretch was an 8 foot dip and climb. The climb was soft dirt and I didn't make it back up, falling back down the hill backwards. Because I'm old, I hit my ankle on the frame of the bike and it hurts all to be damned now. This was about 6 miles in.

Following that was some new rocky sections. I approached one and thought it would be cool to go flying off of a big rock instead of the easy go-around next to it. On the other side, there was a nice "cup" for my front wheel to land in. I figured this would cause a violent over-the-handlebars wreck, but instead I somehow ended up BEHIND the seat, my ass barely above the back tire. Somehow, the bike stayed upright and I rode away. Lots of cussing occurred.

After that bit of stupidity, I walked most of the new rocky sections.

In all, I went 11 miles and was on the bike an hour, 45 minutes. I seriously thought about taking the rocky section again but it had northered and it was getting cold and windy.

I hope I can walk tomorrow.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:42 pm 

Since it is supposed to be cold as crap this weekend, I brought riding clothes and my bike to work on Friday. Went to the trail after work, made the same loop as last time, only two things happened:

1. I strained to go up a difficult hill and my heartrate went way too high for a person of any age, let alone an old goat like me. This scared the daylights out of me.

2. On my previous ride, I chickened out on a lot of rocky areas. Today, most were handled without a problem, plus it was really fun. At some point I just had to trust this bike and it worked out. This time. The rocky and hilly section takes forever to navigate because of the slow speeds that are required.

This ride was 11.5 miles, was on the bike 1:33.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:32 pm 

Just to say I did, I rode on Sunday afternoon in 38 degree weather. The attire was tights, bike shorts, compression shirt, short-sleeved shirt, full-fingered gloves, skull cap, girly headband, helmet. And shoes.

After about a mile I was perfect on temperature except for my fingers and toes. And my fingers just kept getting worse. Having had enough of that, I cut the ride short after about 35 minutes.

I bought some different gloves just now.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:30 pm 

Nearly a month after my last ride, I went again today. It got to 84 out here, sweated like a mother. I have the tiredness that I often get after getting pretty hot. One of the goals was to get acclimated to heat so I can ride in the summer.

When I drove up, a large number of 30-somethings were in the parking lot after their ride. They were all drinking. Beer.

Got lost. There were new sections opened and I couldn't figure out where I was. This added to my mileage but I didn't care. Went 10.2 miles on the trail.

Had one wreck. Was riding happily along and felt something biting my leg. Swatted it off, then looked down to make sure it was gone. Bad decision, coach. I veered right into a tree, bounced off, and landed in some brush. Didn't cuss, but I thought to myself, Hoob, that has got to be the stupidest wreck you have ever had. Skinned up my shin.

Went over a fallen tree in the wrong gear but navigated it without a problem and laughed like a hyena. Went over it a second time and hung high-center and nearly went over the damned handlebars. Recovered without stopping and went on my way. I am dumb.

Some people will never learn.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:43 pm 

For the first time, I rode the entire trail, was 11.87 miles, took an hour, 45 minutes. There are a couple of hills that I may never conquer, they are such bad bitches. If I was 20 years younger, maybe I could. Even so, I caught myself smiling while navigating a treacherous rocky area.

The last 30 minutes of my ride was filled with thoughts about getting old and how that is starting to affect things. Dang it.

The highlight of the ride was arriving in the parking lot and meeting up with a lass that had just finished walking her dog on the trail. Very chatty, friendly, and cute. Talked about getting lost on a confusing section, same place I got lost on my last ride. Said she was there every day this week and maybe she'd see me again in the future. Pretty sure she has a man at home, but I can dream. Oh wait, that's a different thread.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:00 pm 

After yesterday's adventure, I was expecting hiney soreness and didn't think I could go today. Rode in the driveway and didn't feel too bad, so I went again before dark and skipped the advanced parts. Was on the bike an hour, went 8.75 miles.

Passed three guys that looked to be early fifties. When I got back to the parking lot, they had taken a shortcut and were already there. We chatted about a trail in Weatherford that supposedly has a lot of climbs. I am interested.

Also saw some punk kids riding. One had to finish his smoke before they took off on their bikes. His pudgy girlfriend avoided eye contact with me. Passed their asses in short order.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:22 pm 

It's been six weeks since I last rode. Went today with the intention of riding the 9 mile trail, which usually takes an hour. Had to dismount numerous times plus I took a wrong turn, ended up on the bike for an hour, 20 minutes. Went 9.3 miles.

Nothing remarkable happened. I've been dealing with bad knee pain this week but it wasn't a problem at all today on the bike.

As I was leaving, a group of four were about to shove off, three guys and one girl. The girl was wearing a helmet, the guys were not. Seeing that the others weren't going to wear a helmet, she put hers away. I can't begin to tell you how stupid this is.

While chatting with me, one of the guys acted like he was familiar with the trails, so he should know better. My head has already hit the ground once and a tree once.

As for me, a kickass time was had. I am going to take the bike to work in hopes I can go at least once this week. If I don't die first.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:55 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I need to ride.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:59 pm 

Went again after work today, went the same trail and the same distance. Nothing really happened except I bumped into a tree and bloodied a knuckle.

Encountered two guys going the wrong way. Signage isn't done correctly here and can cause this sort of thing.

Back at the parking lot, I chatted with the two guys for a couple of minutes. They were having a post-ride beer. Drinking here is probably against the law, but the chance of a cop rolling up isn't very good.

I imagine I'm going to be sore tomorrow, so I probably won't go three days in a row. After that, rain is in the forecast.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 7:46 pm 

Rode Monday after work, went the usual 8.75 miles. It was 92 degrees when I shoved off, but I wasn't bothered by the heat and that surprised me. I worked outside in the sun for much of the day so maybe that helped. I don't know.

While riding, I gave quite a bit of thought to the two different co-workers who had heart attacks last week. Both lived.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 9:52 pm 

Went again on Tuesday, may not be able to go again the rest of this week.

Nothing remarkable happened. Kinda wanted to take a tour of the advanced part, but I had stuff to do afterward and I didn't have the time. This turned out to be a good decision because my tail is sore now. Who knows what it would have been like if I had gone another 45 minutes.

Gave quite a bit of thought to what kind of shape I'm in now. I'd say fair to middling.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 8:37 pm 

Went Sunday afternoon, 11.7 miles, was on the bike an hour and a half. Took the advanced part today.

There are a lot of climbs that I've had trouble with at this trail and they were a problem today. However, I walked the bike back down on most of them and tried again. I usually don't do this when I fail to climb a hill but I decided to try it today. I made it over most (but not all) on the second try. I am old and weak.

A couple of the downhill rock gardens scared the everloving crap out of me, but I lived through them all.

It was a good day and I had fun.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 8:38 pm 

Rode Friday evening, made an easy 8.75 mile lap and then part of another lap, went 13.5 total. Was on the bike about an hour and a half. The goal was to just burn some calories and sweat some. Didn't want to overdo it and make my tail hurt for several days like I did last weekend.

Encountered a couple and it was hard to judge their ages. Maybe they were 30. She was massively tatted up and kind of a big-boned girl. He said they had been there a couple of weeks ago. They only went on a small lap of about 3 miles or so.

Still not in great shape, but I have lost 28 pounds.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 11:35 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

:fist:

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 7:57 pm 

Went Thursday afternoon after work, 8.7 miles. Was on the bike an hour, five minutes. Rode at a leisurely pace, just wanted to sweat some and get used to the heat. It was 90 degrees when I started, 86 when I finished.

The front tire was nearly flat when I rolled the bike out to the car. I guess it has a slow leak, because it stayed up without a problem. I also have a broken spoke on the back, I probably did that the last time I rode the rocky section a couple of weeks ago.

There was one other rider on the trail, some ugly old bastard about my age who avoids speaking. I do not understand why people have to be that way.

I had fun. I don't have anything planned for the next several nights. I suppose I could make this a daily thing.

Hoob.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 7:49 pm 

Went Friday afternoon after work, same distance. Was 88 degrees and humid. Rode at a faster pace, sweated a lot more than I did yesterday.

Had fun.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 7:38 pm 

The adventures of Hoob.

Rode the usual trail, was 95 degrees when I started. Decided to do the advanced part. Was able to do more climbs, but this made my heart rate go too high, had to stop. After finishing the advanced part, I saw an unmarked trail and thought, "I bet this is an intermediate trail."

It was the most brutal thing I've ever been on. There is no way on God's green earth that a human can make many of those climbs. At some point I came to a rocky beast that was about 2 stories high and there was a skid mark in the dirt. It was obvious this was done by someone going DOWN the hill and then it hit me.

I was on a new advanced trail that I have been avoiding. And I was going the wrong way on it. Idiot.

Once I finally finished that section, I got back on the intermediate part and got lost. Twice. It was becoming a nightmare. I kept ending up in the same place and I don't know how I was doing it.

The Camelbak was in danger of running out of water and I was about to start rationing it when I found a cut-through back to the parking lot. Went over 11 miles, was on the bike 1:45.

There are maps of this trail. I'm going to have to memorize one to avoid this sort of thing happening again.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1387 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 34  Next