Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 885 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ichabod's Dementia-like Ramblings
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:49 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Yer my goddam hero, Ich. I wanna be just like you when I grow up. :fist:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:26 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

The commercial scenes on TBS for Samantha Bee's TV show has never made me crack a smile even once. :roll:

Attended a funeral yesterday for a college classmate's son. He was thirty. Parents should never outlive their children. :sad:

Bought a new (to me) 2015 Infiniti Q50 with less than 8,000 miles. Gave my Dadmobile (Ford Taurus) to my daughter and got rid of her Sentra. Feel better that my granddaughter will now be carted around in a larger car. Also, this is admittedly a mild midlife crisis car for your Unca Ich! I feel like James Bond 007 driving around town except I'm not allowed to try and seduce beautiful women. Because, you know... Mrs. Ich... She's never really allowed me to date... Just sayin' Anyway, I'm really pumped about my new car!

How those new year's resolutions coming?

"A free society endangers us, without doubt. It is our Achilles Heel, and our glory. It is the risk we take…. Did so many Americans give up their lives to save our freedom so that we could give up our freedom to save our lives?" … Neil Steinberg

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:55 am 
Site Admin

fancy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:51 pm 

Not all humor is for you

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:23 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Drive-By Truckers are playing the Granada on April 7th. Your Unca Ich is going solo as Mrs. Ich doesn't like SRO. If any of you decide to go let me know. Doo rags are optional.

"A free society endangers us, without doubt. It is our Achilles Heel, and our glory. It is the risk we take…. Did so many Americans give up their lives to save our freedom so that we could give up our freedom to save our lives?" … Neil Steinberg

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:38 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

The Truckers are good.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:20 am 

The musical taste endorsement was a nice way to soften the no, Tit.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:23 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Ichabod wrote:
Drive-By Truckers are playing the Granada on April 7th. Your Unca Ich is going solo as Mrs. Ich doesn't like SRO. If any of you decide to go let me know. Doo rags are optional.

As a shawty, I can confirm that SRO sucks.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:48 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Trained Goucho wrote:
The musical taste endorsement was a nice way to soften the no, Tit.

:babyarm: :D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:39 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Well, it's been doctor week for Unca Ich. Got a new prescription for glasses as my eyesight continues to fade. Apparently, my mom's prophecy of me going blind because I played with it all the time is finally coming true.

Had my annual physical this morning. Told me to lose some weight. EKG was good. After playing the same game the counselor used to play at summer camp, he told me my prostate was fine.

Dermatologist is next, but it looks like your Unca Ich will be hanging around for another year.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:33 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:00 pm 

Ichabod wrote:
After playing the same game the counselor used to play at summer camp, he told me my prostate was fine.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:00 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Ichabod wrote:
Had my annual physical this morning. Told me to lose some weight.

wtf you're like a rail

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:53 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Got caught out in the hail storm Sunday night. Dinged my new car up pretty good. :mad:
Mrs. Ich's car suffered the same. We're on the waiting list as those with broken glass are scheduled ahead of us.

I'm down 13 pounds since my doctor's scolding, so there's that.

My music calendar is filling up. Got tickets for DBT, Whiskey Myers, Mellencamp, Hall & Oates, James Taylor and Queen.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:55 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Hail damage to my car is right under $3,000. Car's still in the shop. I hope I get it by the end of the week, but I'm not holding my breath.

Just ordered a new compression t-shirt with a built in handgun holster under the arm. Another pocket under the opposite arm for spare mags. I hope it wears comfortably.

I'm weighing in each Friday. As of last Friday after 4 weeks I'm down 22 pounds. Pretty pleased. Doctor will be happy.

Taking Ich Jr to the House of Blues Friday night to see Whiskey Myers and Steel Woods. Old school southern rock. :saggerdash: :rockon:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:07 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Got my car back finally. Turns out they had to order a new hood. Car looks brand new. Unca Ich is pleased. Cleaned out the garage so I can get at least one car in now. I'll get the other one in after it's fixed.

Weighed in last Friday. Dropped another 6 pounds for a total of 30 pounds after 6 weeks. I still have 2 weeks left on this program with 6 pounds left to reach my goal weight. Funny thing is nobody's really noticed. I cleaned out my closet. I bagged up 5 bags of "fat" clothes and donated them. Not going to yoyo ever again.

Had a good three year run, but was put back on the job market as of last Tuesday! I was in good company as three VPs were put out the door with me. I'm not even upset. Decent severance pay. So, if you know of any companies needing Distribution/Supply Chain expertise, shoot me a message.

Last edited by Ichabod on Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:11 am 

Right there with ya on the yo-yo dieting, Uncle Ich.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 5:32 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Ichabod wrote:
Got my car back finally. Turns out they had to order a new hood. Car looks brand new. Unca Ich is pleased. Cleaned out the garage so I can get at least one car in now. I'll get the other one in after it's fixed.

Weighed in last Friday. Dropped another 6 pounds for a total of 30 pounds after 6 weeks. I still have 2 weeks left on this program with 6 pounds left to reach my goal weight. Funny thing is nobody's really noticed. I cleaned out my closet. I bagged up 5 bags of "fat" clothes and donated them. Not going to yoyo ever again.

Had a good three year run, but was put back on the job market as of last Tuesday! I was in good company as three VPs were put out the door with me. I'm not even upset. Decent severance pay. So, if you know of any companies needing Distribution/Supply Chain expertise, shoot me a message.

Sorry boutcher job, Ich. Now that you've slimmed down you can gigolo for awhile until you find something permanent.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 9:07 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Start a new contract job in the morning. It'll carry me through the rest of this month and pays more than unemployment.

Last Friday's weigh-in showed I dropped another 3 pounds. That's 33 pounds down in 7 weeks. I'm three pounds away from my goal weight with a week to go. :fist: My waist has shrunk enough that I can go use my IWB holster for my Ruger again! :click: After next Friday I have to change it up and start back on bulking phase. Going to have to continue losing fat by changing it to muscle. Anticpate going back up 10 pounds as that happens. We'll see.

My "baby boy" turned 28 years old this week. Good lord I'm old! Celebrated at LaHacienda Ranch. No chips and salsa for Unca Ich. :cry: Bought him a new camera for his van. Installed it for him this morning. Quality father/son time.

It's been well established taht ypur Unca Ich does not believe in a higher authoirty. If it turns out I'm wrong I'm sure I'm going to be locked in a room with Bart Raeger and the obnoxious chick from Del Frisco Steakhouse for all eternity listening to that bastard Bart beg us both to give him a shot!

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:13 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Today's weigh-in showed I've finally reached my goal weight of 180 pounds! :fist: That was 36 pounds lost in 9 weeks. Ich is pleased. :curtsy: My body fat dropped 10%. I feel much better.

Participated in my first "Steel Shoot" last night at the gun range. You run from station to station and fire at various targets. You must complete the station in under 45 seconds. I did okay at the first station. Gun starting jamming during the second station. My trigger guard was not functioning properly and jammed the gun every 4th or 5th shot. I was DQ'd because I didn't show the Ranger that I cleared the weapon before re-holstering. Called Ruger today and they told me to ship it back to them so their gunsmith could take a look. That's good customer service.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 7:20 am 
I'm a tool.

Ichabod wrote:
Today's weigh-in showed I've finally reached my goal weight of 180 pounds! :fist: That was 36 pounds lost in 9 weeks. Ich is pleased. :curtsy: My body fat dropped 10%. I feel much better.

Participated in my first "Steel Shoot" last night at the gun range. You run from station to station and fire at various targets. You must complete the station in under 45 seconds. I did okay at the first station. Gun starting jamming during the second station. My trigger guard was not functioning properly and jammed the gun every 4th or 5th shot. I was DQ'd because I didn't show the Ranger that I cleared the weapon before re-holstering. Called Ruger today and they told me to ship it back to them so their gunsmith could take a look. That's good customer service.

Ruger. That's your problem.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:56 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Ruger returned my 9mm completely rebuilt. New parts except for the frame itself. It's a new gun and it was free of charge. I'm a Ruger guy for life. My son-in-law and I participated in another steel shoot. My Ruger never misfired. Too bad I was aiming too low. I still timed out, but did not get DQ'd.

I have started my new career. I am now a supply chain consultant. No company wants to hire an old man full time, but they do want me to perform tasks and finish projects and then get the F out. I worked three weeks in Arlington prepping a company for their physical inventory. I'm now in South Carolina auditing processes and procedures and making improvement recommendations. Decent pay, no benefits.

My weight has now leveled off between 174-176 pounds. That's about 42 pounds lost. Unfortunately, some of that was muscle. I'm really having to increase my protein intake trying to rebuild. Good news is that I'm wearing 32 inch waist pants again! I haven't done that since the early 80s! Kind of looking forward to my next physical. We'll see what the doctor will find to bitch about.

Hotel I'm staying at is crawling with cops. Hotel is hosting a law enforcement seminar. Unca Ich is surrounded!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:21 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

cap wrote:
Ichabod wrote:

I'm looking to get a pistol. Not really looking for anything powerful. Maybe a .38. What's cheap and good?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:29 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sweet Greggo wrote:

I'm looking to get a pistol. Not really looking for anything powerful. Maybe a .38. What's cheap and good?

Revolvers

Semi-Automatics

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:27 pm 
I'm a tool.

Sweet Greggo wrote:
cap wrote:
Ichabod wrote:

Cabelas sells used guns and they have good pricing.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:52 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

If you interview someone for a position and tell them you will let them know about said position (Yes or No) within one week and then fail to contact them. You are a piece of shit! How hard is it to send an email?

As reported earlier, I've lost a lot of weight. In fact, Mrs. Ich got after me for losing too much after I'd dropped to 173 lbs. I've since gotten back in the gym and regained 7 pounds of muscle. Not looking bad for an old man! Mrs. Ich is liking my new body. She is much more agreeable to "holding hands" these days.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:52 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Going in for a second interview this afternoon. :fist: Let's keep a good thought for your Unca Ich.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:36 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Ichabod wrote:
Going in for a second interview this afternoon. :fist: Let's keep a good thought for your Unca Ich.

:fist: :fist: :fist:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:01 pm 
I'm a tool.

Ichabod wrote:

prayers. God will answer in His way

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:17 pm 

Ichabod wrote:

:fist:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:34 am 

Sweet Greggo wrote:
cap wrote:
Ichabod wrote:

What did you end up getting?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:36 am 

I bought a home defense 12 gauge last week. Probably get another handgun too. Guns are kewl.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:01 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Trained Goucho wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
cap wrote:
Ichabod wrote:

What did you end up getting?

Nothing yet. Still on the fence about it. I've never really been into pistols but I'm not opposed to having one. Just trying to talk myself into putting up a few hundred bucks for one.

Post subject: Re: Icabod's Dementia-like Ramblings
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:42 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Not winning the Powerball last night aside, August has been a pretty good month for your Unca Ich so far...

I'll be starting a new job the first week of September. I'm going back into distribution operations as a DC Manager for a liquor and wine distributor. Isn't it ironic, don't you think? :grin: A little too ironic...and, yeah, I really do think... My buddy back in Tennessee asked me if the company will think it's strange when I walk down the George Dickel aisle wearing horse blinders. :grin:

Taking Mrs. Ich to Austin this weekend to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary! :eek: Maybe this will be the year she stops introducing me as her "first husband."

Buddy called me from Florida and told me had extra tickets for the Tennessee Florida game in Gainesville next month. Thanks Southwest! Go Vols!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:29 pm 
I'm a tool.

God does answer prayers.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:42 pm 
Site Admin

Except when he doesn't

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:10 am 
I'm a tool.

Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers
Remember when you're talkin' to the man upstairs
That just because he doesn't answer doesn't mean he don't care
Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:24 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a big believer in unanswered prayers.

dear god, please don't kill Cap.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:52 pm 
Site Admin

cap wrote:
Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers
Remember when you're talkin' to the man upstairs
That just because he doesn't answer doesn't mean he don't care
Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers

It's almost as if the situation is unaffected by prayer at all.

PS, I don't want you to die.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:10 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

New job has been delayed as I was supposed to start my training in Houston...

My neighborhood association was accepting donations to send to Houston. Diapers, baby wipes and hygiene products are at the top of the donation list. I had a somewhat awkward conversation with a lady in Walmart regarding the most efficient feminine hygiene products. :oops: I did learn that a tampon is fairly generic. I cut her off when she tried to tell me about flows. :shock:

Going to see Jimmy Herring at Trees tomorrow night. Who, you ask? Jimmy is the lead guitarist for Widespread Panic. He also had a brief swim with The Allman Brothers. :fist:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:18 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Have you ever had a “How did my life’s path lead me here” moment? My latest happened yesterday while at the Walmart buying items to donate to the Hurricane Harvey Relief Effort. I filled my cart with diapers, deodorant, toothpaste and toothbrushes. I then found myself in unfamiliar territory as I turned down the feminine hygiene aisle… I was lost.

Fortunately, or so I thought, there was a female Walmart employee restocking the aisle. I explained to her my noble quest and solicited her advice as to what product would be most practical. Never believe the stories that Walmart employees are unhelpful. Unfortunately for me, this turned into a crash course on functionality and operation of tampons, pads and shields. I now know as much about feminine hygiene as the next gynecologist! :shock:

I just hope that one day I will be able to once again sleep through the night.

Much respect ladies!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:17 pm 
I'm a tool.

that was dementia like

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 885 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next