Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 448 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 Post subject: Re: Dumbass of the Day
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:29 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

If you think we have a dumbass shortage, go hang around Facebook for a few minutes. The wife of a guy I've known for 35 years or so posted a gem telling everyone how heartbroken she is and how bad her family needs prayer because her parents vacation condo in Corpus Christi was destroyed by the hurricane. I had 2 friends lose their only homes and a lot of their belongings, one in Houston from flooding and one in Rockport from wind damage.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:31 pm 

A vacation condo in corpus. Huh.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:01 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Yeah, that was my first thought. The storm did them a favor.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:07 pm 

Lamar Odom says the trade from the Lakers to the Mavericks basically ended his career.

What a dumbass.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:30 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

jim jack wrote:
Lamar Odom says the trade from the Lakers to the Mavericks basically exposed his spareness.

FTFY

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:24 pm 

Sweet Greggo wrote:
jim jack wrote:
Lamar Odom says the trade from the Lakers to the Mavericks basically exposed his spareness.

FTFY

:D :D :D :D :D :D

:babyarm:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:24 pm 

While people around me are filling up multiple 55 gallon drums of gas for no reason whatsoever, I'm driving a 200 mile round trip tomorrow to cover a ballgame and actually NEEDED gas. My neighborhood store only had super shit premium and I was happy to get it.

Buncha dumbasses.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:42 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

:babyarm: Lotsa dumbasses yesterday lining up out into the street causing traffic jams waiting to get gas.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:08 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

My truck is fine on gas until the end of next week but the wifey's car was on E so we ventured out last night to find gas. The whole ordeal took an hour, 2 gas stations and well over $1 a gallon too much to get her filled up. The whole time I'm out I'm hearing idiots talk about this "shortage" like it's a real thing. "How long do you think it'll last?" "I only need a few gallons, better safe than sorry, lol" I saw on FB where people were filling 55 gallon drums worth, like this is fucking Mad Max or something.

I am convinced I live in a world of idiots.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:58 pm 

Sweet Greggo wrote:
My truck is fine on gas until the end of next week but the wifey's car was on E so we ventured out last night to find gas. The whole ordeal took an hour, 2 gas stations and well over $1 a gallon too much to get her filled up. The whole time I'm out I'm hearing idiots talk about this "shortage" like it's a real thing. "How long do you think it'll last?" "I only need a few gallons, better safe than sorry, lol" I saw on FB where people were filling 55 gallon drums worth, like this is fucking Mad Max or something.

I am convinced I live in a world of idiots.

:babyarm:

As I like to say, the world is infested with dumbasses.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:18 am 

Pretty sure I've said this before. The dumbass fans who pick Twitter fights with Newberg because he criticizes the Cowboys is mind-bogglingly stupid. There were several today, and their answer every time was, "But the Rangers..."

And then there is Brad Sham, who objected to this post by Newberg:

"I love listening to smart coaches and managers talk pregame and postgame. Especially those willing to answer questions thoughtfully and to share insight. Got three out of four in this market."

Sham's dumbass answer was, "He shares it all the time, just not on camera. Ask any writer who’s been in a walkoff."

What the fuck kind of answer is that, Sham? It's turned into a meme: "they're a very good football team..."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:23 am 
I'm a tool.

Me. I agreed to coach at 10U little league team that nobody related to me is on. I have a love/hate relationship with coaching

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:24 pm 

I wonder which is worse, coaching them or umpiring them? Both sound really difficult.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:59 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

At least you're typically paid to umpire. I have a friend that coaches club teams without his kids, but he only does it if he gets paid.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:54 pm 

Coming home from mom's on Thanksgiving night, I was driving in the rain. I passed by a Walmart and noticed this:

A car was coming out of the parking lot carrying some sort of box, probably a large appliance, wedged into the sunroof area, sticking out crooked. In the rain.

Driven by a dumbass. Even if it was not an appliance, they are still a dumbass.

Dumbass.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:34 pm 

Some guy named Bob exposes a dumbass.

7thFloorKrewe
@7thFloorKrewe
· 16m
Replying to @SportsSturm
Orlando Scandrick the most overrated cowboy of this millennium and that includes Tony Romo. Feeling a lot better about Sunday knowing he’s on the other side

Bob Sturm
@SportsSturm
He isn't. The Eagles cut him 2 months ago.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:54 pm 

Made my usual Saturday morning trip to Walmart to get a few things and noticed they were out of toilet paper. How odd, I thought.

Later in the day I was reading the news and noticed that people were panic buying toilet paper because of the coronavirus. What in the world.

Just when I think that people can't get any stupider, something like this happens.

It's going to take me a while to print out this many Dumbass of the Day awards for this one.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:42 pm 

:D My wife bought another big thing of tp today for that reason--Sunday is our usually shopping day. You know what else? I had just bought one of those Charmin 24 rolls that are really like 60 or something last week and was pretty darn ticked that they are commanding $29.99 for tp these days. Outrageous, i tell ya. Which do you prefer ultra soft or ultra strong? I usually opt for soft.

We also stocked up on bags of dry beans and also rice. Neither of these shelves were in danger of running low. We also stocked up on bottled water, but we have to do that anyway as MS is pretty third world and we are under frequent boil water notices. Plenty of water to be had.

Last stop for the crazy train was for Clorox wipes which kill 99.9% of flu germs. This was the really eye opening aisle as huge areas of hand sanitizer stuff and Clorox wipes were completely wiped out. There were also signs posted everywhere by management with purchasing limit rules.

She got genuinely put out with me earlier for not being scared enough. I thought of making something of it but kept my trap shut. Sunday is usually our sexing day as well. I will say I'm pretty interested in seeing how this coronavirus thing shakes out.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:13 pm 

I buy the Scott Macho Wipe stuff. When I was married, I wasn't allowed to put that stuff in the master bathroom that Mrs. Hoob used. I did finally find some on Sunday at a Dollar General. Crisis avoided.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:47 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sunday is our shopping day too and our local Super Target was wiped out on Lysol and Clorox. Everything else was stocked including TP, but we have some at home right now. Cat litter seems to have grabbed the attention of the hoarders now.

The woman I sit next to at work Skype'd me to get her desk number for her. She's got bronchitis so they won't let her in the building. A security guard came and got her laptop and she can pick it up outside the building and work from home. Overreactions like a mug.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:12 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Mrs Tit called in sick today because she needed a mental day. Her work called her this afternoon telling her she couldn't come back unless she gets cleared by the doctor first.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:40 am 
I'm a tool.

Tit Whistle wrote:
Mrs Tit called in sick today because she needed a mental day. Her work called her this afternoon telling her she couldn't come back unless she gets cleared by the doctor first.

Have her go to the Frisco Walmart and get some corona

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:39 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Last night I got an email from our VP that said we are going to do a Workforce Density Reduction. My eyes skipped the Density part and my pooter loosened a bit, but then I read it again and understood what's going on. They're doing an alternate week work from home thing now because of CV. Work from home one week then back at the office the week after. Keep doing that til basketball starts again. Lower headcount in the office means fewer infections, I guess. I get first shift and get to work from home next week. Not complaining.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:34 pm 

The ex's work put them all on work from home status. She's a government employee.

Hoob ISD is on spring break now. I'd say we have a 50-50 shot of it being extended. It all depends on what the other schools do.

Beginning on Monday, all athletic and academic events are off for two weeks, which makes me crazy. Schools were given the option to practice during that time, and my school is going to. A school down the road that isn't good at anything isn't letting them practice at all. Buncha dumbasses.

I noticed that my former school is trying to get games in today before this takes effect. Good for them.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:35 pm 

Mother of Pearl, we are a nation of dumbasses.

I went to Walmart today to get a few things and since I'm getting low on paper towels, I thought I'd see if they had any. Wasn't expecting anything, but who knows.

An employee had dropped off a pallet of stuff in the paper goods section and customers had opened the boxes of TP and were getting all they could. These were 12 roll packs of Scott. I thought they had limits, but dumbasses don't care about limits. Or anything else, really.

DUMBASS (to me): There they are, you'd better get you some.

ME: I don't need toilet paper.

SAME DUMBASS: There's more in the box below. You'd better get some of it while you can.

ME: That's not what I'm looking for.

DUMBASS: Why not? You can at least make some money selling it.

I said nothing else and walked away. Nation of dumbasses.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:08 am 

my dad read a ton of memes to me earlier over the telephone. it was very annoying. My dad also suffers from ed carter voice and inflection. his only meme reading i found kind of amusing went thusly and i quote: The toilet paper "crisis" confirms that we have more assholes than we thought".

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:09 am 

And eff that dude from walmarks.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:19 pm 

Today's dumbass is Brittney Yevette Griner of the Phoenix Mercury. The dumbass got caught with drugs in Russia.

In this case, I already knew that it was a dumbass, and this event just confirmed it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 448 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11