Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1647 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 40  Next
 Post subject: Re: Go Baseball!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:15 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I hope everyone is watching this.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:11 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Watching here. This shows the World Series is > the Super Bowl.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:02 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

That was a great game 7. Sucks for the Indians. So close. Congrats to the Cubs.

Now Cubs fans, go overturn some cars!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:07 am 
Site Admin

Congrats cap.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:12 am 
I'm a tool.

:babyarm: it's been a long time. I can now retire the Wood jersey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:43 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Hey guys! Anything good on tv lately?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:27 pm 

This made me laugh and horny at the same time:

Kate Upton ‏@KateUpton 2h2 hours ago

Hey @MLB I thought I was the only person allowed to fuck @JustinVerlander ?! What 2 writers didn't have him on their ballot?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:23 am 
Site Admin

Though Verlander is the better pitcher and regression is likely for Porcello, it's not like this is a travesty or anything. That's pretty hot though.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:55 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

It's not a travesty because these awards don't matter. They don't matter because they are still idiots who vote on them who value wins over everything else for a pitcher. Verlander should've won, but at the end of the day he gets to fuck Kate Upton so he's a winner anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:05 am 
I'm a tool.

make love

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:25 pm 

Happened by awfulannouncing.com and found two stories about my second most hated announcer, Hawk the Dumbass Harrelson.

He wants to announce four more years

He is big buddies with Joe West. So, the worst baseball announcer in MLB is friends with the worst umpire in the MLB.

Oh, and Berman is my most-hated, by the way.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:23 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

http://www.si.com/mlb/2017/02/08/mlb-co ... econd-base

This is stupid, right? Why are they even considering this?

This seems like it's messing with the fabric of the game. There are other ways to speed things up, if that's even necessary.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:06 pm 
I'm a tool.

They need to make the game kick ass and internet trendy.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:55 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

They should just decide tied games with a home run derby, like hockey does with shootouts.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:06 pm 
Site Admin

Sweet Greggo wrote:
http://www.si.com/mlb/2017/02/08/mlb-considering-extra-innings-rule-change-runner-second-base

This is stupid, right? Why are they even considering this?

This seems like it's messing with the fabric of the game. There are other ways to speed things up, if that's even necessary.

I agree with you, Craig.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:48 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I'm okay with the no pitches for a walk even if it seems like a stupid change to save about 90 seconds a game max. Cutting down on mound conferences, batter's box bullshit, pitchers stalling, and umps insisting on throwing the ball back to the pitcher would go much further in cutting down on game length.

The extra innings base runner sounds like something straight out of t-ball. "Let's hurry this game along so the boys can get home and get a good night's sleep before school tomorrow."

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:44 pm 

I think they have a rule like this in International League Softball.

It's got to be one of the dumbest suggestions ever. Another idea of somebody tricking shit up.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:41 am 

1. Homeless camp in the shadow of their stadium.
2. Somebody took a 40 minute bulldozer joyride around the parking lot.
3. Hot-wiring the electrical system to the Big A sign, maybe to charge a cell phone.
4. LOL.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/home ... eople.html

This is Hoob, and I hate the Angels.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:46 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I can attest to a complete lack of security around that stadium. We drove all over the parking lot without being questioned last summer despite the fact that they had a blood drive going on at one of the entrances. I could have easily walked through a tunnel onto the field. I have a great pic of me delivering the double bird to the big A sign.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:02 pm 

bigboy wrote:
I can attest to a complete lack of security around that stadium. We drove all over the parking lot without being questioned last summer despite the fact that they had a blood drive going on at one of the entrances. I could have easily walked through a tunnel onto the field. I have a great pic of me delivering the double bird to the big A sign.

LOL. Awesome.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:16 am 
I'm a tool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... 6DAdFSXEPQ

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:59 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:59 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

For the curious baseball idiot (me) can someone explain to me how Detroit was able to trade Verlander to the Astros weeks after the "trade deadline"?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:37 pm 
Site Admin

If only we had an electronic encyclopedia with search engines right at our fingertips. We could input the information that we're looking for into that search engine, and the result would be a list of hits that answer our original question. Prez, can you get on that?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:49 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Wait. Isn't this the googles? Where am I?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:45 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I'll explain it to you without the snark, Craig, but only because I don't feel like doing any real work right now.

Teams can still make trades after the trade deadline, but players must first pass thru waivers before they can be traded. Each player usually gets put on the waiver wire after the trade deadline to gauge interest. On the waiver wire, other teams can claim the player if they want. I believe the shittiest teams get first crack at it, or it's done alphabetically, I'm not sure. If a team makes a claim on a player, the two teams have 48 hours to work out a deal or the player is pulled from waivers and stays with his team. If no one makes a claim, the player has cleared waivers and is free to be traded to any team, provided a deal can be worked out. The offering team can also simply release the player to the claiming team if they just want to get rid of some baggage, so before making a claim you really want to be sure you need the player and can handle his contract. This is how a guy like Justin Verlander can pass thru waivers and the Tigers can have a bidding war in August.

It's also important is he was traded on the last day of August, making him eligible for the playoffs with the Astros. Trades under the same rules can still be made in September, but any players traded from today forward are not eligible for the playoffs with their new teams.

I'm probably wrong about something in there but it's generally correct.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:13 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Tit Whistle wrote:
I'll explain it to you without the snark, Craig, but only because I don't feel like doing any real work right now.

Teams can still make trades after the trade deadline, but players must first pass thru waivers before they can be traded. Each player usually gets put on the waiver wire after the trade deadline to gauge interest. On the waiver wire, other teams can claim the player if they want. I believe the shittiest teams get first crack at it, or it's done alphabetically, I'm not sure. If a team makes a claim on a player, the two teams have 48 hours to work out a deal or the player is pulled from waivers and stays with his team. If no one makes a claim, the player has cleared waivers and is free to be traded to any team, provided a deal can be worked out. The offering team can also simply release the player to the claiming team if they just want to get rid of some baggage, so before making a claim you really want to be sure you need the player and can handle his contract. This is how a guy like Justin Verlander can pass thru waivers and the Tigers can have a bidding war in August.

It's also important is he was traded on the last day of August, making him eligible for the playoffs with the Astros. Trades under the same rules can still be made in September, but any players traded from today forward are not eligible for the playoffs with their new teams.

:babyarm: Thank you for your courage. I hope Fruit only bans you for a day or two for helping me out.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:40 pm 

Sweet Greggo wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:

:babyarm: Thank you for your courage. I hope Fruit only bans you for a day or two for helping me out.

:D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:53 pm 

Don't know who to root for in the WS. Since I'm already sick of Houston fans trolling Newberg, I'm leaning toward the Dodgers.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:16 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Dodgers in 5

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:41 pm 

After watching (and enjoying) last night's game, F the Astros. I hope they get swept.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:07 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I'm hoping for a Dodgers sweep because

1: Fuck the Astros
2: Fuck that little oompa loompa they got playing second base
3: Fuck John Daniels. I hope Yu throws 3 no hitters this series.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:12 pm 
I'm a tool.

Sweet Greggo wrote:
I'm hoping for a Dodgers sweep because

3: Fuck John Daniels. I hope Yu throws 3 no hitters this series.

:babyarm:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:16 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Well now I'm rooting for the Astros.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:06 am 
Site Admin

Astros were 10 out of 10 on my rooting list. Rooting for the Dodgers (probably #5 on that list, but #4 in the NL) hard.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:46 pm 

I see that Girardi is out of a job. I expected it. Kinda surprised he lasted that long.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:57 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I know it's all about recent accomplishments, but who the hell are they going to find that's any better than him?

And fuck the Astros and their over-celebrating. That fucking Hobbit 2nd baseman was acting like they swept the Dodgers last night.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:08 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Tit Whistle wrote:
Well now I'm rooting for the Astros.

:fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:46 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

jim jack wrote:
I see that Girardi is out of a job. I expected it. Kinda surprised he lasted that long.

The rumors are all over the place right now but I suspect he was just burnt out on the whole thing and the team knew it. Maybe they want someone who can spark the younguns on the team, but he took a team in rebuilding mode to one win away from the WS. He did his job and he did it well.*

* May not apply to Game 2 of the ALDS.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:54 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Tit Whistle wrote:

Looking back, rr probably contributed to your job's demise. rr has done nothing but leave a path of death and destruction in its wake.

1 ceepe
2 stu
3 lid
4 alien king's dignity
5 dozens of Ich's jobs
6 tit's job

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:00 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

This fuckin' place. :mad:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:48 am 
Site Admin

Who is next?
I hope it's that bitch, HelenMshines

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1647 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 40  Next