Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Major League Ballparks you've attended a game at
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:55 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I was gonna go see Turner Field next season with a Braves-fan buddy of mine, but fuck it now. If it were a cool place I'd consider still going, but it's Atlanta so forget it. I'll wait for 2017 or thereafter and see the new place.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:14 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:21 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Made the trip down to Houston yesterday to see opening day and watch CC get his skinny ass handed to him by the real life equivalent of the Cleveland Indians from Major League. This was my first time there when there was an large contingent of Astros fans. Boy howdy, are they ever a douchey bunch. They had the roof open which was nice. Nolan Ryan threw out the first pitch. George and Barbara Bush were there. A kickass time was had.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:19 pm 

http://natsinsider.com/2014/07/24/ranking-all-30-mlb-ballparks

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:56 am 
Site Admin

I imagine those top 2 are hard to beat.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:56 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Trained Goucho wrote:

I saw this the other day and thought the same thing Somey did. I'll always be partial to the Giants park, but I really want to get to PNC. I think his rating of the Ballpark is kinda harsh. Too big and too hot? Seems like a lot to put it so low. Not saying it's a top 10 park or anything, just don't think it's that low. I wasn't overly impressed with St. Louis, but the scenery was nice. That's the only thing it has over the Ballpark. He also says it's contrived, but Minute Maid park ranks higher. I like it, but it may be the most contrived park in Baseball.

Good read, though.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:50 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Trained Goucho wrote:

I didn't realize we had such a shitty park. :/

I don't get the "17 names" part. There's been only 2 naming sponsors, right? This make me wonder about the rest of what this dude wrote.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:44 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Coors Field - Nice place right in the middle of downtown Denver. Easy access and lots of convenience. Not a ton of character, but a cool, relaxing park with some awesome fans. It rained early on, but that didn't keep people away. The stadium was about 95% full and the Rockies are shitty this year, so they have a loyal fanbase. It was Troy Tulowitzki Replica Jersey night and they misspelled his name on the back (They forgot the 2nd T.) The fans were pissed about it. Tit Jr was wearing his and people kept coming up to us and telling us it was wrong. So we got a couple of collector's items. The asking price is currently $40-50 on ebay. We had seats in the left field foul corner right along the railing. I liked these seats.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:29 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

The hippie is a big player in Colorado. Ate at a nice Mongolian restaurant in downtown Denver where my food was prepared by a bunch of bunhead stoners with those hoops in their ears. Outside the stadium, there was also a line of 2 dozen bikes with rickshaws with tie-dyed tee'd neckbeards ready to cart you away to your destination of choice. It's like Austin, but on a larger scale.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:51 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

The outdoor pedestrian mall is a big player in Denver/Boulder which is surprising considering the winter weather. The 16th Street Mall in Denver is great with random pianos scattered for hippie musical types.

When we went to a game there the stadium was barely half full. Still liked it though. Didn't have the balls to try the Rockie Mountain Oysters. Having the mountain view on one side and the city on the other is nice but because of that they should have made it more open.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:48 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Yankee Stadium - Looks a lot like the old stadium, just newer. The concourses are a lot bigger and cleaner. Seats are comfy. They still can't find many people to buy those $1000 seats at field level but the upper levels were full for an afternoon game. Had a Nathan's Famous foot-long dog and some garlic fries. They were good. The fries may have been from the previous day. Yanks beat the Phillies 10-2. A decent number of Phils fans were there, but they didn't have much to cheer for.

Citi Field - Really nice stadium. They have a shitload of awesome food choices, and the concourse is wide open so you can park your butt at a table and watch the game while you eat. Had a pastrami on rye with spicy mustard. It was good. They had meatball subs, New Yawk-style pizza, steak sandwiches, and fuckin' sausages with all the peppers and onions and shit. That shit smelled good. There was another place called the Shake Shack beyond center field that had about 8 lines, each around 30 people deep. Must be good. Everyone waiting in line could watch the game on the back side of the big Jumbotron in center field. We sat in the left field home run porch. Seats were not meant for fat Texas asses. Mets fans don't pay much attention to the game, but it was also a Friday night and they were drinking a bunch. They were paying attention by the end. Mets beat the Reds 2-1.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:41 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Yeah well Yankees suck.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:27 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sweet Greggo wrote:
Yeah well Yankees suck.

Jumped on that bandwagon now, have you?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:56 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Tit Whistle wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
Yeah well Yankees suck.

I'm pretty sure I have never not been on that wagon, sir.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:23 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sweet Greggo wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
Yeah well Yankees suck.

I'm pretty sure I have never not been on that wagon, sir.

Well, they don't really suck, they're just kinda meh.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:33 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Taking the daughter to her first game next week. Anyone have experience/advice on taking an infant to the Ballpark? Or I should say do any of your wives have advice/experience on taking an infant to the Ballpark?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:05 am 
I'm a tool.

keep her covered. When I took bo jackson for the first time some bitches were giving me a hard time taking him out there. get a good 'eff you' face.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:48 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Diello wrote:
Taking the daughter to her first game next week. Anyone have experience/advice on taking an infant to the Ballpark? Or I should say do any of your wives have advice/experience on taking an infant to the Ballpark?

I would recommend don't unless you have a suite or some other air conditioned area. Temps are over 100 now and 3-4 hours is a long time for baby to be out. However, if you're sitting in the stands I hope your seats are in the infield. Even in the shaded areas that outfield heat is brutal. Dress her cool. Take sunscreen and have her wear a bonnet to cover her entire head. Take a rag or small blanket you can douse with cold water to apply to her neck and head. Take breaks and go to the concourse area often. Mainly just stay conscious of her condition because with the bebes they can go from okayfine to omgwtfiswrongwithmybaby is like 5 minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:28 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Kauffman Stadium - Royals fans are awesome. Those people love these players and truly appreciate winning that title last year. They got their asses kicked by the Astros at the game I was at, but they stayed with the game the whole time. SP Chris Young got a standing O for recording his 1000th career K. He sucks this year but they gave him his props anyway. He immediately gave up back-to-back HRs and 7 runs in the 2nd inning, but they didn't give him any shit. They're still too happy from last year. Really nice park, too. Packed to the gills and hotter than a mug, but it was a fun game. Alex Gordon hit a HR and the fountains went Wheeeeee!! Did not eat anything special there, but I had the best BBQ I've ever had at a place outside the place. Texas has good BBQ, but KC is better. Sorry.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:39 am 
Site Admin

Oh, I didn't know you've been to Lockhart and some of the other Texas BBQ meccas?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:59 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Fuckin yanks don't know bbq if it shit on their laps.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:58 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Well look at the Texas pansies who cry when someone says Texas ain't A-#-fuckin'-ONE!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:39 pm 
Site Admin

:babyarm: I've got no right to question somebody that probably thinks dickey's or spring creek is representative of texas bbq. I don't know what I was thinking.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:53 pm 
I'm a tool.

fruitdog wrote:
:babyarm: I've got no right to question somebody that probably thinks dickey's or spring creek is representative of texas bbq. I don't know what I was thinking.

biggest burn of forum history

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:55 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

fruitdog wrote:

So I'm supposed to venture to the middle of nowhere to the place where they invented meat? I'm not doing that. If I'm in the neighborhood, I'll give it a shot. But if the best is at a few isolated spots in a fucking huge state, you'll have to excuse me if I don't skip off for a sample. It's not that important to me and brisket is kinda overrated anyway.

I've also had Memphis BBQ. It's good, but cole slaw on a sandwich is bullshit. I like Texas BBQ better.

cap's mom > KC > Texas > Memphis

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:01 pm 
Site Admin

It's ok, I don't even know the difference. I know Dickey's sucks though.

oh, and

(staged)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:19 pm 
Site Admin

Tit Whistle wrote:
fruitdog wrote:

So I'm supposed to venture to the middle of nowhere to the place where they invented meat? I'm not doing that. If I'm in the neighborhood, I'll give it a shot. But if the best is at a few isolated spots in a fucking huge state, you'll have to excuse me if I don't skip off for a sample. It's not that important to me and brisket is kinda overrated anyway.

I've also had Memphis BBQ. It's good, but cole slaw on a sandwich is bullshit. I like Texas BBQ better.

Have you at least been to pecan lodge, mike anderson's or slow bone which are all in the middle of Dallas? Those by no means are the best in the state as Dallas has only pretty good BBQ compared to Austin or Lockhart. They aren't bad tho. I have no doubt Wylie BBQ can't compare to KC but you don't have to drive to the middle of nowhere. I bet Wylie BBQ kills Little Elm BBQ. Does Little Elm even have BBQ?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:27 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

fruitdog wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:
fruitdog wrote:

Have you at least been to pecan lodge, mike anderson's or slow bone which are all in the middle of Dallas? Those by no means are the best in the state as Dallas has only pretty good BBQ compared to Austin or Lockhart. They aren't bad tho. I have no doubt Wylie BBQ can't compare to KC but you don't have to drive to the middle of nowhere. I bet Wylie BBQ kills Little Elm BBQ. Does Little Elm even have BBQ?

I don't go to Dallas. It's full of douche-nozzles. Wylie has only Tex-Mex and fried chicken. There's a Dickey's but I know better than to go there. It has a drive-thru.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:37 pm 
Site Admin

Well then, by all means keep spouting your bbq opinions with those kind of bonafides.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:47 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I guess I should know better than have an opinion in front of the Forum BBQ Bully. He's travelled far and wide and only he knows what's best. I hope you pork croak, you greasey side of beans.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:48 pm 
Site Admin

BBQ beans are a bottom tier side.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:57 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Jesus! :banghead: Christ! :banghead:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:19 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

This is almost as much fun as when Tit melted down because Prez gave him a Jewish emoticon.

Dickey's and Spring Creek are dog food, but I even get nut kicked for liking Rudy's. You can't beat their sausage and creamed corn.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:38 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Hard Eights is pretty, pretty, pretty good, and it's a helluva lot closer than the super packed Dallas places.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:44 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Where do we list football stadiums? I went to Nissan Stadium in Nashville this past weekend to watch Tottenham vs Manshitty. The stadium would be a pretty nice college stadium in Texas. It was nice and clean but I couldn't get my head wrapped around the fact that an NFL team calls it home.

The guy doing the announcing/hosting was a local radio guy called "Maverick". I chuckled. He kept calling my team "Tottingham". He pretty much pissed off 60% of the fans there.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:49 am 
I'm a tool.

Sweet Greggo wrote:
Where do we list football stadiums? I went to Nissan Stadium in Nashville this past weekend to watch Tottenham vs Manshitty. The stadium would be a pretty nice college stadium in Texas. It was nice and clean but I couldn't get my head wrapped around the fact that an NFL team calls it home.

The guy doing the announcing/hosting was a local radio guy called "Maverick". I chuckled. He kept calling my team "Tottingham". He pretty much pissed off 60% of the fans there.

doesn't count. it was a soccer game

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:13 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

cap wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:

doesn't count. it was a soccer game

Technically football.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:14 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Target Field - This is where the Twins play in case you're not up on your naming rights. Really nice park right in the middle of downtown. Good fans too. They were into it the whole way. I had a good seat about 12 rows up behind the home dugout on the first base line. I'm a fat fuck but a fatter fuck sat right beside me. It was hell for about 2.5 innings before he got up and split for good. And yes, his buddy had to help pull him out of his seat, such the fat fuck that he was. For a point of reference, I got up just fine on my own.

The Twins played the Red-Butted Monkeys of Anaheim. The Chimps won 4-2. Ian Kinsler for once didn't hit a pop-up and instead hit a 2-run shot into the 2nd deck in left field. I suppose he guessed right this time. Mike Trout didn't do shit. He sucks.

It was Prince inflatable guitar night. Lemme tell ya, Prince is a big player up in these parts. Everyone loves him, the old and young alike. They were selling these awesome purple t-shirts with the Twins logo on the front and Prince's symbol on the back. Those sold out in like 5 minutes. I bought a Joe Mauer bobblehead. Collecting bobbleheads from the parks I've attended is my new thing.

I also went to St Louis to see a game last year but I didn't post about it. Meh to that place.

So I'm up to 11 current ballparks. No current plans to attend any other new ones this year.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:26 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Wrigley Field - Ever been to Wrigley? I have. Here's an unpopular opinion: It's kind of a shithole. Yeah yeah tradition etc. But it's an old, shitty place. The neighborhood is cool, but then you get inside and it feels like someone's basement. It's musty and dank and there's silverfish everywhere. Kinda like your grandma's twat. Sorry that was uncalled for. The field is nice, but you get the choice of roasting in the sun close to the field or having your sightlines blocked further up under the overhang. Plus the steps are steeper than a mug. Some old lady in our area couldn't lift her legs high enough for each step. Felt bad for about 3 seconds then I moved on.

I will say the Cubs fans are a pretty awesome bunch. It was a day game (of course) and they filled that place and they were into it and rowdy and everything fans should be.

Guaranteed Rate Field - Dumbest.Name.Ever. But not a bad field. This is where the White Sox play, btw. This is the one where they screwed it up by putting it in a bad area. Yeah it's in Mooncricketville and that's one thing, but they missed their chance to have a neighborhood park like Wrigley. We took the train to get here and had to cross a dang freeway to get to the park (there was a bridge, but still). Then it was a maze getting in. Really weird. Once inside, it's spacious, comfy, lots of food and amenities. I got a free hat for checking in with the MLB ballpark app. Gave it to Mrs. Tit. My hair is too pretty to cover up.

I have now been to 13 of the current parks.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:53 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Riverfront Stadium
Atlanta - Fulton County Stadium
Safeco Field
Wrigley Field
Ballpark at Arlington

"A free society endangers us, without doubt. It is our Achilles Heel, and our glory. It is the risk we take…. Did so many Americans give up their lives to save our freedom so that we could give up our freedom to save our lives?" … Neil Steinberg

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:53 pm 
Site Admin

If you're watching the Red Sox/Yankees game right now, Terd is about 3 rows up behind home plate in a white hat.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:06 am 
I'm a tool.

or somesuch wrote:
If you're watching the Red Sox/Yankees game right now, Terd is about 3 rows up behind home plate in a white hat.

interesting. already jump the rangers wagon?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next