Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cowboys 2023
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:39 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I dunno, guys... the Boys might do something this year. :notsure:

Post subject: Re: Cowboys 2023
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2023 3:58 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

never mind.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2023 6:55 am 
I'm a tool.

you jinx'ing mofo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2023 3:31 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

:razz:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:42 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Arizona Blind Squirrels - 28
Dallas wtf Cowboys - 16

That was a tough watch.

Last edited by Sweet Greggo on Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2023 12:56 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

San Franthithco - 42
Dallas Paper Tigers - 10

That was an even tougher watch.

Last edited by Sweet Greggo on Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:28 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I didn't expect them to beat SF since they are clearly a much better team, but I expected a closer, lower scoring game than that.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:58 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I thought going in that the defense would man up and keep it close enough for Dak to shit the bed on a last drive, per the script. I can't believe Quinn couldn't figure out their offense.

Last edited by Sweet Greggo on Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:59 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

LA Lightning Bolts - 17
Dallas by god Cowboys - 20

Coming off the loss to SF I thought the boys would put the screws to the Chargers. Dak looked pretty good. He still had a few throws way off the mark, but he also had a couple of really nice ones. I agree with Junes: Dak seems to do better when he's in motion. Personally I don't think he can focus when he's under pressure (HSO!). When he drops back it seems like he has trouble running through his receivers to find his open man. When he's in motion he seems to be able to see everything more clear.

Defense seems to be suffering with the loss of Diggs and now Vander Esch. Everyone else may still be beat up from the SF game. A couple of weeks off will do them some good.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:17 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

The ending to that Detroit game was crazy. A bogus tripping call kept the Lions in it and the THREE 2 point attempts by Campbell instead of just kicking the FG to tie the game and try for OT was just baffling. All the controversy surrounding Decker and Skipper checking in aside, going for 2 in that situation is just not smart football, unless having the number 1 or number 2 seed just wasn't important to Campbell. "bad decision, coach"

If I were a Detroit fan I would be upset at Campbell being over aggressive first, secondly pissed that he and his staff didn't execute the deception on the 2 point try correctly, and finally that I am associated with the shitty town of Detroit.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:46 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I agree with all of that, but I can barely get past the part where you refer to an extra point attempt as "the FG".

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:35 am 
I'm a tool.

burn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:47 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

:razz:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:18 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I think I'm still in shock a little after that Green Bay game. My ears perked up during the Ticket's pregame show when I heard Bob say that GB's running game was pretty good. The Cowboys have had trouble defending the run against good backs all year, but I hoped they could tighten up the middle and force Love to throw. Being that was his first playoff game I thought he would make enough mistakes that our defense would eventually capitalize with a couple of turnovers and make their offense impotent. I just can't believe they sliced up Quinn's defense like that. It looked like a division 6A school against a six-man team from Knox City.

And I'm done with Dak. I've never been a Dak "hater" but I have been a realist. He's a really good qb. I've been concerned about his accuracy until this year, when it seemed like McCarthy figured out that if Dak is forced to stay in the pocket he starts freaking out. It seemed like Dak had a license to run when necessary, and he was crazy accurate when on the move. But once again he proved to fold in high pressure situations. San Fran. Buffalo. Green Bay. All big games that Dak shit himself. It hurt to watch him on Sunday. I felt bad for the team losing, but I also felt bad for him.

All the talk about extending Dak scares me. Hopefully Jerry remember when Dak did him no favors by extending the previous contract. When talks first started back then the going rate was $25-28 million a year. Dak waited until his contract was up and resigned for $40 million per. Now the talk is extending him for $50-55 million a year??? Hell to the naw. Let him finish his contract and hit free agency. If he walks I'll be okay with that.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:32 pm 

Agreed.

They are tier 2 at best. No matter what Corby says, they just don't have the talent.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:39 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

One of their biggest problems: their run game took a step backward and was very middling to average. Tony Pollard is about as meh as it gets. I know running back is not the marquis position it was years ago, but watching Aaron Jones have his way with a defense that was a lot of sizzle and not as much sauce as the flashy plays made it appear was eye opening.

The Cowboys losing bad always brings out the worst in fans. I had a Facebook friend calling for Dak to be cut in favor of Trey Lance. "How much worse could it be?" Dak probably isn't the answer, but I don't think a guy that hasn't had to have his uniform go through a washing machine in more than 15 months is going to get you anywhere Dak couldn't take you. Yes, it can get much worse.

I'm surprised so many people were fooled by the idea of Jerry bringing in one of the prime coaches available. At most, I saw him firing McCarthy, promoting Quinn to head coach and Schottenheimer to call plays, and keeping the rest of the staff. And we would have been right back to a situation with a head coach with Jerry's staff. No way is Jerry going to let a head coach come in and pick his own staff where it puts that coach in a position to take credit away.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:21 pm 
Site Admin

bigboy wrote:
Yes, it can get much worse.

Boy howdy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:14 am 
I'm a tool.

or somesuch wrote:
bigboy wrote:
Yes, it can get much worse.