Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: So what do you think?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:39 am 
I'm a tool.

Jack and Dan

Bob and Korby

Post subject: Re: So what do you think?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:10 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I think I would have like it better by moving BaD Radio to drive time and moving Corby and Danny to midday, adding Jake as the co-host.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:33 pm 

Sweet Greggo wrote:
I think I would have like it better by moving BaD Radio to drive time and moving Corby and Danny to midday, adding Jake as the co-host.

Bob and Corby isn't doing it for me.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:33 pm 

I see that Julie got her ass hung up on by the station. It SOUNDS temporary but who knows.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:08 am 
I'm a tool.

https://radioink.com/2020/04/08/cumulus ... 8uWYT6FGI4

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:42 am 

cap wrote:
https://radioink.com/2020/04/08/cumulus-furloughs-pay-cuts-begin/?fbclid=IwAR0ofaaJ1TwWCL3kRj5hMTcq4Z28FbjVXoRRl1Mlg54SZyKyX8uWYT6FGI4

from the link:

"Over 80% – the vast majority – of Cumulus’ salaried employees will be taking 3 individual weeks of furlough. That’s unpaid leave where they cannot do any work."

The bold part. Ha. I have found that the employer will still call you and hem haw around about wanting you to do things.

Last edited by Trained Goucho on Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:44 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

jim jack wrote:
I see that Julie got her ass hung up on by the station. It SOUNDS temporary but who knows.

I was surprised to hear this. Surely her salary wasn't so high that Cumulus had to cut it to survive. Seems like messing with the OAT would be a last resort unless management is just using this as an excuse to trim the fat (hire out of necessity, fire out of convenience). I don't listen to midday very much but from what I heard Dobbs was on air quite a bit and she actually brought something to the table.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:51 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Trained Goucho wrote:
That’s unpaid leave where they cannot do any work."

The bold part. Ha. I have found that the employer will still call you and hem haw around about wanting you to do things.

From what I understand about the furlough, this is highly illegal. If they ask you to do something or boot up your work lappy for any reason, they gotta pay you for that day. If they want you to work for free, I hope you're telling them where to stick it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:34 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Their ad revenue has got to be in the shitter big time. I listened on the app one morning a couple of weeks ago and there were no ads. Just dead air between segments.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:43 pm 
Site Admin

I've pretty much stopped listening. I will play some bad radio segments like the open and 1:30 news that they post on their website tho.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:31 pm 

Tit Whistle wrote:
Trained Goucho wrote:
That’s unpaid leave where they cannot do any work."

From what I understand about the furlough, this is highly illegal. If they ask you to do something or boot up your work lappy for any reason, they gotta pay you for that day. If they want you to work for free, I hope you're telling them where to stick it.

A few times i had customers call me and I relayed what they were wanting to the office. Then a few times the office would call and ask for contact info stuff for people I had made deals with in the past. (They didn't have a CRM platform like SalesForce or anything) This rubbed me the wrong way, cause it's my "value" and "leverage" but i gave it to them. The owner dude calls a couple of times a week to shoot the shit about stuff and I usually answer cause it gets kind of lonely on solitary lockdown with 3 dogs. Last week he called as he was going to cook out for lunch and invited me. I passed, mostly because he was cooking a wild hog he killed on his property. Have you ever eaten wild hog? It's not that great. Pretty tough and dry plus he field dresses everything so you get these hack job cuts of meat. Bleh.

After experiencing the furlough with this, I think layoffs are better as there is more of a finality to the arrangement. Furloughs leave you with a pathetic hope that maybe you'll be hired back. Kind of like getting dumped but still strung along.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:20 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

fruitdog wrote:
I've pretty much stopped listening.

I might catch a segment or two of D&M a couple of mornings a week, but outside of that I rarely listen. I've given the new Hardline (or whatever they're calling it) a chance, but the forced Odd Couple arrangement just doesn't work.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:54 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

bigboy wrote:
fruitdog wrote:

I might catch a segment or two of D&M a couple of mornings a week, but outside of that I rarely listen. I've given the new Hardline (or whatever they're calling it) a chance, but the forced Odd Couple arrangement just doesn't work.

You two best change your tune or you're gonna land on PTSC's shitlist.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:19 pm 

Tit Whistle wrote:
bigboy wrote:
fruitdog wrote:

You two best change your tune or you're gonna land on PTSC's shitlist.

:babyarm: to all of those.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:11 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Just heard a Ticket promo with Julie interviewing one of the Stars. I'm sure it's Sean throwing her some love but that's gotta sting a little.