Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: There really are computer idiots out there
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:06 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I always thought it was a myth but after listening to B&D talk about the magic Apple machine I am convinced that there are people who are complete morons when it comes to the voodoo box. I wonder if they realize how stupid they sound.

Post subject: Re: There really are computer idiots out there
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:17 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Huh?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:38 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Apparently Bob has finally drank the Kool-Aid. They spent an entire segment on his new iMac. He was amazed at the "monitor IS the computer" concept (Dell and HP have had these for years) and was completely blown away by this new fangled technology called "plug and play". It was a :banghead: full segment.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:43 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Give him another 5 years and he'll talk about how great it is to post on internet forums.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:32 pm 
I'm a tool.

he'll be asking about port 8181

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:59 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sweet Greggo wrote:
Apparently Bob has finally drank the Kool-Aid. They spent an entire segment on his new iMac. He was amazed at the "monitor IS the computer" concept (Dell and HP have had these for years) and was completely blown away by this new fangled technology called "plug and play". It was a :banghead: full segment.

HP has a new Windows based touch screen that blows anything Apple has away.
Apple is the Bose of computers: overrated, overpriced technology for the idiot douche.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:43 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

rowdyhatinwalt wrote:
Apple is the Bose of computers: overrated, overpriced technology for the idiot douche.

Translation: I don't want it if I can't get it for free from stinkfinger.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:51 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

bigboy wrote:
rowdyhatinwalt wrote:

Translation: I don't want it if I can't get it for free from stinkfinger.

:babyarm:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:53 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Hey, walt?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:27 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

bigboy wrote:
Hey, walt?

yes, bigboy?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:32 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

rowdyhatinwalt wrote:
bigboy wrote:
Hey, walt?

yes, bigboy?

i love you.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:34 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

bigboy wrote:
rowdyhatinwalt wrote:
bigboy wrote:
Hey, walt?

yes, bigboy?

i love you.

bitch, take that faggotry to Vbear. oh, wait, he's not here.
Eh, nevermind.

*bends over, opens anus* go for it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:39 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

rowdyhatinwalt wrote:
bigboy wrote:
rowdyhatinwalt wrote:
bigboy wrote:
Hey, walt?

yes, bigboy?

i love you.

Eh, nevermind.

You really want us to believe that your anus doesn't look like the entrance of the Lincoln Tunnel without "opening" it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:41 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

bigboy wrote:
rowdyhatinwalt wrote:
bigboy wrote:
rowdyhatinwalt wrote:
bigboy wrote:
Hey, walt?

yes, bigboy?

i love you.

Eh, nevermind.

You really want us to believe that your anus doesn't look like the entrance of the Lincoln Tunnel without "opening" it.

by 'opens anus', I meant, 'removes buoy'.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:42 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

rowdyhatinwalt wrote:
bigboy wrote:
rowdyhatinwalt wrote:
bigboy wrote:
rowdyhatinwalt wrote:
bigboy wrote:
Hey, walt?

yes, bigboy?

i love you.

Eh, nevermind.

by 'opens anus', I meant, 'removes buoy'.

:D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:25 pm 

Sweet Greggo wrote:

Apple was the first though right (monitor is the computer)? I am not an Apple fanboy but can you argue that they set or create the trend that everyone copies a couple of years later? Iphone, Macbook Air, etc.

what do you think inspired this design?
http://www.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/inspiron-zino-hd?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:27 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Looks like something you keep your weed in.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:03 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Rockme wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:

Apple was the first though right (monitor is the computer)? I am not an Apple fanboy but can you argue that they set or create the trend that everyone copies a couple of years later? Iphone, Macbook Air, etc.

Yes, Apple was the first company to take notebook guts, make it non portable and charge 3 times as much for it. Show me where I said they weren't.
Yes, you are a fanboy, you've proven it here several times.
Yes, it can be argued successfully that Apple does NOT create every trend that everyone else copies later. I'm not saying they aren't inventive, but they don't invent EVERYTHING for chrissakes. Your precious iphone concept was not Apple's invention. I'm not sure what about the Air you are touting. It's been a huge flop for Apple and didn't really change anything about the industry.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:35 am 

fanboi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:33 pm 

Sweet Greggo wrote:
Rockme wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:

Yes, Apple was the first company to take notebook guts, make it non portable and charge 3 times as much for it. Show me where I said they weren't.
Yes, it can be argued successfully that Apple does NOT create every trend that everyone else copies later. I'm not saying they aren't inventive, but they don't invent EVERYTHING for chrissakes. Your precious iphone concept was not Apple's invention. I'm not sure what about the Air you are touting. It's been a huge flop for Apple and didn't really change anything about the industry.

Jebus you are wound tight. Relax, bitch. I think it is clear from your posting who is a fanboy and who isn't.

Did I say that Apple invented everything?? no

iphone concept wasn't an Apple invention? really, how so?

Can you back up your statement about the Air? Dell is about to release their copy of the Air shortly. http://gizmodo.com/5397393/dell-adamo-xps-hands-on-insanely-thin-and-just-insane

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:10 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Rockme wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
Rockme wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:

Jebus you are wound tight. Relax, bitch. I think it is clear from your posting who is a fanboy and who isn't.

Did I say that Apple invented everything?? no

iphone concept wasn't an Apple invention? really, how so?

Can you back up your statement about the Air? Dell is about to release their copy of the Air shortly. http://gizmodo.com/5397393/dell-adamo-xps-hands-on-insanely-thin-and-just-insane

Read what you write, dude: "they set or create the trend that everyone copies a couple of years later" - so yeah, you pretty much said they invent/create/dream up/whateveryouwanttocallit everything.

i'm not going through the iphone argument. all of the technology that is in the iphone had been around for years before Apple showed up. Inventive: no. Marketing genius: yes.

I was in Fry's 4 weeks ago purchasing a laptop. I saw exactly one super thin notebook. It was a McAir. Glad you found one other product that hasn't been released yet. Boy, Apple really turned the industry on it ear there. Please tell me you were one of the idiots that bought one of these waaaaaaaaaay overpriced suckers so I can point and laugh at you even more.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:25 am 
Site Admin

Boom...Roasted.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:22 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sweet Greggo wrote:
Rockme wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:

yeh, um, you're both retards. The first macintosh was an all in one. And the original concept of the flat screen all in one mac was a failed limited edition 20th(I think) anniversary computer that predated the imac by about 5 years.

The imac, when it came out in 98 or so, wasnt anywhere close to "laptop guts." Fucker had a cathode ray tube and weighed 30 pounds (sold for $799). The first flatscreen imacs, weren't laptop guts. They were just designed ergonomically to take up less space than a tower would. They weighed about 20 pounds and had a 5"x10" in diameter hemisphere base... way more room under the hood than any laptop could have ($900-1500). And the current imacs out now are far far far laptop guts. They cost on average about $500-1000 less than a comparable laptop and really a comparable laptop doesn't exist for higher end ones because you can't fit that shit into a laptop. Right now, I'm using my 24" widescreen iMac that came with a 1TB hard drive and i got it for $1479 last fall. All in ones are designed to be a more affordable desktop solution. My dual G5 tower and 20" monitor cost twice that together 5 years ago. And if it weren't for the switch to intel processors and a desire to get a computer with less of footprint, I'd still be using it.

The value in a mac is the durability and quality. Thy last twice as long as other computers and having an older mac doesn't mean your paralyzed by the outdated hardware. I change cars more often than I change computers (unless someone gives me one for free).

Rockme is a bandwagon riding doucher and gam is just lashing out at what is hip at the moment. Couple years ago apples made walt's cock hard. Now he doesn't use one, so he likes something else. But Bose? come the fuck on. You're really gonna compare apple as a whole to some tinny, baseless, half assed pseudo elite gimmicky speaker system? maybe the macbook air.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:36 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

no, that's untrue, as far as what you said about me.
I see the upside to Apples. I also see the downside: the expense. I'll take your word for their durability, but the one laptop I had fried the logic board. It wasn't *that* old when it happened.
It also wasn't an isolated event, either.
Apple definitely has done good things. They've also done bad things, and are veering toward being worse, as far as how they handle their development biosphere by continuing to lockdown and lock out other programming languages and IDE's.
(And don't give me any horseshit about how some things only run in their environment, etc. Bullshit. Android proved you can program for them anywhere)
I don't like Apple precisely because of how they resemble Microsoft of 10 years ago.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:38 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

as an example, it is possible to program .Net things in linux. You don't have the complete list of things you would in Windows, but you are still able to code at least some against the .Net framework.
Not even close in Apple's case.
You *have* to have an Intel based Mac before you can even start.
Then, you only have ONE language, Objective C.
O-k.

And yes, lots of people are already coding for the iPhone. Great. Not going to diminish that, or minimize or whatever.
I just know *I* won't ever bother.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:55 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

rowdyhatinwalt wrote:

Thanks for finally addressing that subject. It's been keeping me up nights.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:07 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

bigboy wrote:
rowdyhatinwalt wrote:

Thanks for finally addressing that subject. It's been keeping me up nights.

I see impending fatherhood hasn't exactly sharpened your sense of wit.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:11 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

rowdyhatinwalt wrote:
no, that's untrue, as far as what you said about me.
I see the upside to Apples. I also see the downside: the expense. I'll take your word for their durability, but the one laptop I had fried the logic board. It wasn't *that* old when it happened.
It also wasn't an isolated event, either.
Apple definitely has done good things. They've also done bad things, and are veering toward being worse, as far as how they handle their development biosphere by continuing to lockdown and lock out other programming languages and IDE's.
(And don't give me any horseshit about how some things only run in their environment, etc. Bullshit. Android proved you can program for them anywhere)
I don't like Apple precisely because of how they resemble Microsoft of 10 years ago.

I don't like the durability of laptops in general, including macs. I think I've told you before, but in all my years the only hardware problems I've ever had on an apple computer had been laptops burning out their logic boards and shit like that. And I've probably gone through 100 apples either personally or through my dad's old business. We wore the shit outta some computers. if your apple desktop went to shit, it's either a fluke or you're a dumbass. I don't get people who try to do processor intensive work on a laptop. Just seems like a waste.

i don't know shit about the programming rules. But I can see why that would rub you the wrong way. I think a lot of tech types that were excited to program for apple at first have turned away because of the way apple restricts access to shit.

I'm just saying bose is cheap shit packaged as quality shit. Apple may not be god's gift to technology, but it's not bose... oh and gam and doucheme are retards.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:27 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

blah blah fucking blah. why are you digging up all of these old threads? did you just get out of hibernation? Is that why you got so fat before you disappeared?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:32 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

good one, retard.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:40 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

you're retarder.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:06 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sweet Greggo wrote:
you're retarder.

Die Hard 2: Die Harder.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:20 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Diello wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
you're retarder.

But she hasn't any food in the larder.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:22 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Tit Whistle wrote:
Diello wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
you're retarder.

I'm one hell of a farter.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:24 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Diello wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:
Diello wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
you're retarder.

I'm more of a Target guy than a Walmarter.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:48 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Tit Whistle wrote:
Diello wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:
Diello wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
you're retarder.

I like to be the shit starter.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:13 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Diello wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:
Diello wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:
Diello wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
you're retarder.

I got my sons via barter.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:54 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

rowdyhatinwalt wrote:
Diello wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:
Diello wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:
Diello wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
you're retarder.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:02 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

rowdyhatinwalt wrote:
Diello wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:
Diello wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:
Diello wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
you're retarder.

Was their mother Ali Larter?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:46 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

bigboy wrote:
rowdyhatinwalt wrote:
Diello wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:
Diello wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:
Diello wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
you're retarder.

Was their mother Ali Larter?

No, it was Lillian Carter.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:52 pm 
I'm a tool.

or Will the Farter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:22 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I heard Bob getting all excited today talking about wanting to get a new MacBook to replace his PC laptop cos it got too hot in his lap.

Again, what an idiot.