Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Halloween trick or treating debate
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:50 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Is this really a "problem" with kids that you don't recognize or that appear from Mexico trick or treating in your neighborhood?

So you want to participate in this "holiday" but only if its with kids in your immediate neighborhood?

So you have to buy a couple of extra bags, how much are you really out? If you say it's money then you probably need to stop buying candy in the first place.

Is it the extra times you have to open the door for the trick or treaters? If that beats you down you probably should turn your lights off and pretend like no one is home then you scrooge.

We can debate the stupidness of this holiday but who cares of some poor/mexicans kids want to go where its nicer/safer/more fun. I'm tired of the argument that they don't speak English. While the parents may not, all the kids do. If the kids don't know proper manners, that's on their parents but don't hold it against the kids. Tell them to say please and thank you if you must but just smile and move along. If you are really bothered by it then you are dumbass for taking Halloween too seriously.

Again, if you've had a period or a wet dream you don't need to be going door to door.

Post subject: Re: The Halloween trick or treating debate
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:55 am 
Site Admin

:babyarm: to all of this.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:04 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Most years since we've been in a house, we've had something to do and haven't been at home on Halloween. But in the years that I have been home, I could give a shit less where the trick or treaters come from. And why would anyone?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:39 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

If you're bothered by kids from other neighborhoods coming to your door, turn your porch light off and fuck yourself.

I think I've mentioned this before but if it helps Walt pack quicker I'll repeat it. I live in a apartment complex where there is ZERO trick or treating. The first year I lived here gammita was only a few months old so we stayed home on halloween. I bought a shitload of candy and waited for all the apartment dwelling kids to come knocking. Only one showed up. Bonus candy for me but still a little disappointing. The next year we dressed gammita up as a lady bug or some shit and went outside. There were NO porch lights on in my complex. The only option we had for the kid to have a halloween experience was to drive around until we found a couple of decorated streets where the neighborhood was obviously celebrating the holiday. We parked and went trick or treating and have done the same ever since.

So my option is either hit up a neighborhood to score the goods or tell gammita that she can't dress up and trick or treat because her parents don't love her enough to buy a house.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:50 am 
I'm a tool.

I used Halloween to determine my social economic's of my neighborhood. I give candy to all equally. However, it's time to move to.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:50 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

If you can let Mexicans into your neighborhood to mow your lawn, you can let their kids in for Halloween.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:57 am 
Site Admin

what did Junior do to his neighbor anyways? I missed that part.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:39 am 

fruitdog wrote:
what did Junior do to his neighbor anyways? I missed that part.

Expecting a large Halloween turnout, Junior stockpiled a large amount of candy and put it in a rather large bowl as he told it. Well at around 6 PM, in the early dusk part of the evening, the doorbell rang. Junior, with bowl of candy at the ready, sprang to action and opened the door to a chorus of "trick or treats". He quickly scanned the crowd of assorted costumed kids and recognized them as neighbors. I say kids plural because as the story was told there were not 1, not 2, but SEVEN kids standing on the porch all at once waiting for a candied treat. Junior, aware of the early evening time, did the math and feared that he did not have enough candy. Panicked that his rations would be pilfered before the real rush of revelers arrived, Junior meticulously reached into his bowl and gave each child just one single bite sized Butterfinger bar. He sent the kids on their way and turned to his wife who stood on the porch behind him. He asked her if he was being stingy. I should point out that Gordo and George chimed in adding to the hilarity of the situation and really hamming it up with faux surprise and laughter. Junior really became chagrined at this point and told how his wife hounded him for his lack of generosity. He countered with "why didn't you say anything then?" to which she retorted "I was too stunned". After that, Gordo and George really dogpiled him, I don't have to tell you. The story concluded with Junior telling how only 1 more trick or treater visited his home for the rest of the evening and he was left with a ton of candy and a guilty conscience. This left the famed morning trio debating how the situation could have/should have been dealt with and a what Craig should do segment.

Last edited by Trained Goucho on Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:42 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

And they weren't even "bite sized" they were the minis.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:37 pm 

Giving candy to kids is fun no matter the color.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:23 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

jim jack wrote:
Giving candy to kids is fun no matter the color.

Agreed. I always keep a supply of Chiclets for the out of neighborhood kids.

"A free society endangers us, without doubt. It is our Achilles Heel, and our glory. It is the risk we take…. Did so many Americans give up their lives to save our freedom so that we could give up our freedom to save our lives?" … Neil Steinberg

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:06 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

TerdFerguson wrote:
Is this really a "problem" with kids that you don't recognize or that appear from Mexico trick or treating in your neighborhood?

So you want to participate in this "holiday" but only if its with kids in your immediate neighborhood?

So you have to buy a couple of extra bags, how much are you really out? If you say it's money then you probably need to stop buying candy in the first place.

Is it the extra times you have to open the door for the trick or treaters? If that beats you down you probably should turn your lights off and pretend like no one is home then you scrooge.

We can debate the stupidness of this holiday but who cares of some poor/mexicans kids want to go where its nicer/safer/more fun. I'm tired of the argument that they don't speak English. While the parents may not, all the kids do. If the kids don't know proper manners, that's on their parents but don't hold it against the kids. Tell them to say please and thank you if you must but just smile and move along. If you are really bothered by it then you are dumbass for taking Halloween too seriously.

Again, if you've had a period or a wet dream you don't need to be going door to door.

So you'll give candy to anyone, but not health care? It's my fucking candy and I should decide who it goes to. If your neighborhood can't afford good candy, too fucking bad. You should've done better in school and worked your way up like I did.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:15 pm 
Site Admin

Free candy is obviously more a human right than health care.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:40 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Diello wrote:
TerdFerguson wrote:

So you'll give candy to anyone, but not health care? It's my fucking candy and I should decide who it goes to. If your neighborhood can't afford good candy, too fucking bad. You should've done better in school and worked your way up like I did.

Hey Gam, we're talking about how silly Halloween is. Try and keep up. Are you really trying to equate giving Halloween candy to healthcare?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:01 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

No. I was fucking with you. Relax.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:44 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

can someone text this thread to me? I saw a Gam post while loading the truck.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:00 pm 

Sweet Greggo wrote:
If you're bothered by kids from other neighborhoods coming to your door, turn your porch light off and fuck yourself.

And record it for me to watch later.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:38 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Diello wrote:
No. I was fucking with you. Relax.

I knew that. I was doing a bit for the forum to get people to post.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:22 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

so some dude like Miller who makes enough to just go out and buy more candy, or have his wife do it, is all worked up over giving candy to non-neighborhood kids?

is that really the line you want to draw to show your hardcore beliefs on illegal aliens?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:00 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

if I had your sexual proclivities, sure.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:39 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

:D Hey guys! Halloween talk, eh? Well trick or treat mother fu :bus: :dead:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:23 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

good times

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:39 pm