Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Happy Birthday, Texas!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:57 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

:bun: :txpatriot: :bun:

Post subject: Re: Happy Birthday, Texas!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:48 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

eh

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:09 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

:mad: Screw you, cartpetbagger! If'n yew don like Teaxas thin yew cin git tha HELL OUT!!! :mad:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:12 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

What? And leave behind the beautiful brown landscape and crackerjack educational system?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:34 pm 

:txpatriot: :urinate: :titwhistle:

:mad: :bigtime:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:39 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

You sayin' I got a monkey dick? :mad:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:58 pm 

Tit Whistle wrote:
You sayin' I got a monkey dick? :mad:

No, but you obviously have issues with it.... :notsure:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:41 pm 
I'm a tool.

Texas rocks until July-sep

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:03 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

"If I owned Hell and Texas, I'd rent Texas and live in Hell." -- Philip Henry Sheridan, Union Major General and Indian killer.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:09 am 

Do you ever think about leaving Texas? I'd be all about it if it was further West or NW. My wife got contacted by a recruiter for a job in Florida and yes, she is a bigger deal than me. They flew her out there and she interviewed and it went well. It was in Melbourne right off the Atlantic coast. I got caught up in the fantasy until we went there to scope it out on a weekend getaway. It was like Mesquite or Burleson on the coast, a total fantasy killa. I did have a kick ass lobster roll at some place in Cocoa Beach. Do you like lobster rolls? East Hampton sandwich shop makes a killer one but it is in Snyder Plaza and you have to dine with the biggest ass whip crowd in Dallas. Not a good dunch place. She fessed up too and said she hated the people on the interview cause they got real black belt six sigma-y with generic business terms. She tried to regurgitate some of the terms to me that I had never heard. Even to an untrained ear they sounded like total horse shit. She turned them down. In conclusion, we are not moving.

Texas: 1
Florida: 0
:txpatriot:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:50 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Florida is total trash. It's nice to visit but I wouldn't want to live there. I don't much care for the culture of Miami. Orlando is too touristy. Tampa is full of olds. The rest is Balch Springs with beaches.

I've had a boner lately for Colorado. We went there last year for the second time and I really liked it. But we're not gonna move til the kids are finished with school, so Texas has me for prolly at least 8 more years.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:00 am 

Orlando is also a bottom 5 airport. I blame Disney World.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:23 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I thought real hard about applying for a job for which I was pretty qualified in San Diego a few years ago, but the idea of moving to California and dealing with the insane difference in cost of living scared me away.

I like lobster rolls, but finding good ones around here is difficult. The one at East Hampton is decent but I try to avoid the $20 lunch as much as possible. Plus their sides suck. I had a great lobster/crab/shrimp roll sampler plate when I was in New York last month. I was pissed we went there on the last day of our trip because I probably would have gone back for more if time allowed.

I go to a conference in Orlando every fall and I find their airport to be tolerable. The security lines suck, probably because of Disney and all of the damn kids, but it beats the hell out of Atlanta, Newark, or La Guardia. La Guardia is a complete hell hole. The only food you can find inside of security in the Southwest terminal is pretzels and I've never taken off on time from there.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:34 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

LaGuardia was fine when I was there over the summer, but then I had Priority tickets and didn't have to wait in line with the rest of you proles.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:50 am 

bigboy wrote:
I thought real hard about applying for a job for which I was pretty qualified in San Diego a few years ago, but the idea of moving to California and dealing with the insane difference in cost of living scared me away.

That must've been tough. Although I've never been to it, their zoo is always lauded as being one of the nation's best.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:59 am 
Site Admin

<----knew that was coming

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:46 pm 
Site Admin

Key West looked pretty dang sweet on that Netflix show Bloodline.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:04 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Tit Whistle wrote:
LaGuardia was fine when I was there over the summer, but then I had Priority tickets and didn't have to wait in line with the rest of you proles.

When I was flying out, it was 90 degrees outside and the air wasn't on in the terminal. We were an hour late boarding because of delays and still sat on the plane for 2 hours (with little air) after pushing back from the gate because the president was flying in to be on The Daily Show. It's such a pain in the ass to get there that every time I've flown out, the cab drivers have looked at me like I have a dick growing out of my forehead when I told them where I was going. The Southwest check in counters do not have self check in. You have to wait in a line to check a bag and then you still have to carry it down the hall yourself to get it checked.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:16 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

bigboy wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:

When I was flying out, it was 90 degrees outside and the air wasn't on in the terminal. We were an hour late boarding because of delays and still sat on the plane for 2 hours (with little air) after pushing back from the gate because the president was flying in to be on The Daily Show. It's such a pain in the ass to get there that every time I've flown out, the cab drivers have looked at me like I have a dick growing out of my forehead when I told them where I was going. The Southwest check in counters do not have self check in. You have to wait in a line to check a bag and then you still have to carry it down the hall yourself to get it checked.

I got the cab driver thing when we arrived. Had to navigate him to our hotel which was a whopping 3 miles from the airport, and he was pissy the whole way. I also learned I don't fit too well in the backseat of a Prius. Could've used a can opener when disembarking.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:43 pm 

:soppy: :txpatriot:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:49 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Tit Whistle wrote:
bigboy wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:

I got the cab driver thing when we arrived. Had to navigate him to our hotel which was a whopping 3 miles from the airport, and he was pissy the whole way. I also learned I don't fit too well in the backseat of a Prius. Could've used a can opener when disembarking.

The cab our bell hop flagged down for us refused the ride at first when he heard "La Guardia" (illegal). I said, "maybe we should just use Uber" and he changed his mind. Uber, the taxi drivers, and the mayor were engaging in world war 3 the whole time we were there.